Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829538 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrThanos: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
TONYE001:
Warning: Long Post.

Are there fathers, husbands and married men here? How do you guys cope? I mean, the family hustle plus medschool?

I remember when I first got notified of my admission. In the first few seconds, I was super-happy. Like, finally! After over ten years, I was finally in. Shortly afterwards, reality hit me. I was to resign from my job! I was to relocate, of course leaving my family behind with about 10-12 hours' distance between us (ie, traveling by land).

I know of one Best. He should be in 500 or 600 level now. I first met him at UniPort, then we were BSc Physiology students. Again, I met him (still at UniPort) some years later when I went back for a master's degree program. As at that time, he was already done with his MSc and was already in the MBBS program. It was the discuss I had with him one day that made me to apply for MBBS again. That was how I got in. Bear in mind that I was working with an NGO at that time and I was also at the verge of securing a lecturing job. These were the things I sacrificed to study Medicine.

I tell you, it's terribly challenging being a medical student and a married man with two boys. It's an intensive, full time program with little to no "hustle space." Today, I'm in the Path-Pharm class and each time I look back, I really wonder how I've managed through to this extent.

So, colleagues, I'm curious to know the strategy of other folks in similar shoes.

Good morning.
Bro... It's not easy bro. You are a strong man. May God keep you and strengthens you. You are indeed an inspiration.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
DrThanos:
Bro... It's not easy bro. You are a strong man. May God keep you and strengthens you. You are indeed an inspiration.
This is true.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Itsceejay009(m): 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
Please does this thread have a whatsapp group? If yes please add my number 08083211209
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kari4chat: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2019
Add me to the WhatsApp group 07038347905
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by stevawn(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
My sister has BSc in human physiology with second class lower. She wants to process direct entry into medicine but don't know which of the universities accept direct entry into medicine with 2.2. Please I need your contributions. Thanks all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 7:08am On Feb 04, 2019
stevawn:

My sister has BSc in human physiology with second class lower. She wants to process direct entry into medicine but don't know which of the universities accept direct entry into medicine with 2.2. Please I need your contributions. Thanks all
2.2 is not accepted for DE

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aerozac(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2019
Medics and aspirant in the house, I sincerely need your candid opinion on this MBBS matter
My brother has been on this for years now. Last year with 297 JAMB and 71 PUME in UI but unfortunately couldn't meet the cut of point for UI MBBS. He is considering either UNIMAID, BUK or USmanDanfodio. I beg which one will you recommend in terms of admission ,speed, facilities . Your sincere advice is needed o . This is the sixth attempt o age is not on His side from Kogi state. I know with God on his side He can make 300 plus. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CyrilPatrickk(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
aerozac:
Medics and aspirant in the house, I sincerely need your candid opinion on this MBBS matter
My brother has been on this for years now. Last year with 297 JAMB and 71 PUME in UI but unfortunately couldn't meet the cut of point for UI MBBS. He is considering either UNIMAID, BUK or USmanDanfodio. I beg which one will you recommend in terms of admission ,speed, facilities . Your sincere advice is needed o . This is the sixth attempt o age is not on His side from Kogi state. I know with God on his side He can make 300 plus. Thanks

Unimaid is cool but the insurgency is affecting them.. BUK on the other hand is a nice school with good infrastructures but their admission method is not transparent..

UDUS is a very transparent school that do not joke with merit.. their standard is very OK.. and they do not write post ume.. admission is given via jamb scores..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Umarlawal(m): 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
aerozac:
I recommend buk because I am in the system buk due consider kogi indigene in 200L alone more than 10 are from kogi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2019
aerozac:
God is on his side bro.
I understand u perfectly.
All of em are ok once they are accredited.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
Brukx:

Lol brukx, are u sure of this?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lebienconnu: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
TONYE001:
Warning: Long Post.

Are there fathers, husbands and married men here? How do you guys cope? I mean, the family hustle plus medschool?

I remember when I first got notified of my admission. In the first few seconds, I was super-happy. Like, finally! After over ten years, I was finally in. Shortly afterwards, reality hit me. I was to resign from my job! I was to relocate, of course leaving my family behind with about 10-12 hours' distance between us (ie, traveling by land).

I know of one Best. He should be in 500 or 600 level now. I first met him at UniPort, then we were BSc Physiology students. Again, I met him (still at UniPort) some years later when I went back for a master's degree program. As at that time, he was already done with his MSc and was already in the MBBS program. It was the discuss I had with him one day that made me to apply for MBBS again. That was how I got in. Bear in mind that I was working with an NGO at that time and I was also at the verge of securing a lecturing job. These were the things I sacrificed to study Medicine.

I tell you, it's terribly challenging being a medical student and a married man with two boys. It's an intensive, full time program with little to no "hustle space." Today, I'm in the Path-Pharm class and each time I look back, I really wonder how I've managed through to this extent.

So, colleagues, I'm curious to know the strategy of other folks in similar shoes.

Good morning.

I salute your courage sir. I can relate.

Also a family man presently in the final year. I have to combine work with study through out. I am a Java developer. I support projects online on sites spread though out the country mainly Lagos, Abuja and PHC and any little holiday I join them at site.
Baba, I don't know how I am doing it but its not easy oo.

God bless.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by stevawn(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
ISISs:

Pls I need your various contributions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
ISISs:

Yes I'm sure. It's not accepted and probably doesn't stand a chance for admission. I'm absolutely certain of this I'm my school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2019
Brukx:

Yes I'm sure. It's not accepted and probably doesn't stand a chance for admission. I'm absolutely certain of this I'm my school.

Wow...

Buh i dont think that would apply to all other schools or do u think so?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
stevawn:

Pls I need your various contributions

My chief, i feel for u honestly.. I know how darring the chase is.

Try states uni's if u wount mind..
Even uniabuja could be a good bet

Sir Tonye001 could tell more..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
lebienconnu:

I salute your courage sir. I can relate.

Also a family man presently in the final year. I have to combine work with study through out. I am a Java developer. I support projects online on sites spread though out the country mainly Lagos, Abuja and PHC and any little holiday I join them at site.
Baba, I don't know how I am doing it but its not easy oo.

God bless.

U guys inspire the living daylight out of me..
Yesu!!! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
CyrilPatrickk:

Unimaid is cool but the insurgency is affecting them.. BUK on the other hand is a nice school with good infrastructures but their admission method is not transparent..

UDUS is a very transparent school that do not joke with merit.. their standard is very OK.. and they do not write post ume.. admission is given via jamb scores..
Could this be patrick okogi?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 6:25am On Feb 05, 2019
ISISs:

Wow...

Buh i dont think that would apply to all other schools or do u think so?
Other Institutions may adopt something different
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OBGEE: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello everyone... This is for mbbs students of UniAbuja. Want to ask few questions; is mbbs fully accredited, what is the current duration of the course, what is the required merit jamb and pjamb score, school fee,
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
stevawn:

Tell her to apply to the same school she attended.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ChiefAzubuike(f): 7:27am On Feb 07, 2019
Constie:

SMH! smiley My being on Nairaland doesn't imply that I'm not studying as I should, sire. smiley Yes, those are my lecturers. You regard it as a waste of time but then that's your opinion. Doesn't mean it's the truth though.. Thanks!!!

And your gender says female.. Wonderful! I WILL NEVER FAIL!
Do you know who you're talking to? undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kposcas2: 8:32am On Feb 07, 2019
Hello, Please I'll like to know, if there is an app I can use to practice medical Microbiology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Biochemistry and Anatomy MCQs offline.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Godmademan(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
kposcas2:
Hello, Please I'll like to know, if there is an app I can use to practice medical Microbiology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Biochemistry and Anatomy MCQs offline.
You could download BRS SERIES

Some useful online url

https://pgblazer.com/
facemedical..com
http://w-radiology.com/
https://dundeemedstudentnotes./
https://www.easyauscultation.com/
https://www.gpnotebook.co.uk

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suspect33(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Brukx:

bro I am also an aspirant, but I lost my birth cert, how do I God abt getting another since its necessary to process admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 12:16am On Feb 08, 2019
Suspect33:
bro I am also an aspirant, but I lost my birth cert, how do I God abt getting another since its necessary to process admission

I guess you should go to your local government headquarters and get a new one. You need not tell them stories that you lost it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 5:11am On Feb 08, 2019
Suspect33:
You can process one at your local government Secretariat
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suspect33(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2019
Benjax:

I guess you should go to your local government headquarters and get a new one. You need not tell them stories that you lost it.
that of my state of origin of my state of residence, and how much would it cost
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ximenez(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2019
Brukx:

It depends on the school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2019
Suspect33:
that of my state of origin of my state of residence, and how much would it cost

I only think about "Local Government of Origin". The cost depends on your local government workers. Normally, you're supposed to pay for the stamps only, but exploitation is real everywhere.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
OBGEE:
Hello everyone...
This is for mbbs students of UniAbuja. Want to ask few questions;
is mbbs fully accredited,
what is the current duration of the course,
what is the required merit jamb and pjamb score,
school fee,

Thanks.

1. MBBS is partially accredited.

2. 6 years.

3. JAMB and Post UTME, no idea.

4. Regular tuition is N23,000.00. Don't know how much freshers pay.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
TONYE001:

1. Yes, MBBS is fully accredited. .. 2. 6 years.
3. JAMB and Post UTME, no idea.
4. Regular tuition is N23,000.00. Don't know how much freshers pay.
Regards.
LAST TIME I CHECKED, MBBS IN UNIABUJA WAS PARTIALLY ACCREDITED NOT FULLY. YOU CAN CHECK IT ON MDCN WEBSITE

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.