Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) (7633 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MrAnony1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hmmm..........some people have been gossiping about me behind my back eh? lol

MacDaddy01: So, I met Anony yesterday. Here is how it went;

I was anxious to see what Anony looks like when waiting at the entrance of the pub. I heard his footsteps as he was coming down from the stairs. The anxiety was building. I was a bit calmed when I saw his face. Anony wasnt a bald old man like I expected. It was a young guy (although considerably bigger and older than I am).

However, Anony is slightly different from his online character. Anony talks patiently which exudes calmness and a pragmatic disposition but he is vulnerable to quick retorts and fast replies.

To be honest, I couldnt debunk Anony because we were having a discussion with no rules or formality. It was too easy to go off in different tangents. We both had a long debate on Niaraland and religion. My conclusion is that Anony really understimated me at first (maybe because he thought that I was probably an energetic teenager) but then he started going into his tactics of slowing down the arguments and trying to get exact definitions and following logical steps to put me into an indefensible corner.

A warning to any atheist that wants to debate Anony in reality;
-Anony has a particular strength when it comes to debating. The strength is that he is good at breaking down your points and pick off your definitions and premises one by one. Never expect a fair debate and you should understand your stance. Anony is also a houdini, he has escape tactics and so, your arguments should be well rounded.

All in all, Anony is a great guy. I am happy to have met him and my one particular advice to him is to learn how to make his points quickly because he is very slow in making his points. In a formal debate, the person with the most valid points win (because both sides will have their points, valid and invalid).
I think we Nairaland relgion section guys and girls should meet up because we are all people looking for answers. I am very happy to meet Anony.

(However, avoid people who are dangerous like the moderator that resides in the other section, who believes all infidels are below him)

Anyway, about macdaddy/logicboy, I'll say one thing. the dude is actually quite intelligent. Unfortuately, we didn't really have a debate per se, we just had a bunch of random arguments. . . .and didn't really participate in the actual debate we came to attend.
To be honest, logicboy didn't look or sound much different in person than I had expected. At first sight, he looks relatively young for his age (or rather what I suspect is his age).
For some reason, I got the feeling that he was somewhat surprised to meet me and this feeling lingered even up until the point when we parted ways (or maybe it's just me).

Anyway all in all, we had a good time. (we got along so well that someone actually thought we were a gay couple....lol, ok that's not what really happened but someone actually asked us "are you together?" go figure grin)

Dude don't worry, I don't know when next I'll be in London (probably sometime next year) I'll look you up.

Yeah, thanks for your advice, it is well noted. . .but then note also that truth is not necessarily in who talks faster and louder. The rapid quickfire approach is really only useful for bullying and brute-force debates....I get what you mean though.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MrAnony1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
cyrexx: Wow. Ever since i read his first post earlier this year, i'd been wishing to meet the guy in person. There is something about him that is magnetic, i just love the brilliant way he defends christianity, i assumed he is a lawyer.

Even though i disagree with his worldview and incidentally most of his posts, he nevertheless, is number one on the list of nairaland members i will like to meet face to face.

Macdaddy, pls tell us more about this wonderful man. Pretty please
Lol, wonderful man ke? you wan make my head swell and burst abi?

P/s I am not a lawyer
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MrAnony1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

100% agree. One should be careful. I even warned Anony before we met. It is good to meet but always be cautious.
Lololol....Oh the paranoia (you made me feel like a serial killer with all your concerns.)
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MrAnony1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Deep Sight:
I also had a telco with anony and can confirm he makes a strong oral debater. Sadly our reordng of the discussion crashed. We had hoped to post it here.

I hv always been up for meeting new peeps here and have met a few. Puts calm reality to things.

O Plaetton, i disagree with you on meeting Enigma. He is way too sensitive and dogmatic, but i still perceive a very decent guy ovrall.
We can still finish that conversation you know
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MyJoe: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton:
I would dread to meet Enigma. This guy seems to have a thing for me.
I am just trying to picture in my mind what a face to face meeting with him would be like.
First I would have to make sure my life insurance policy is duly paid up, have 911 on speed dial, no voice dialing, pack some heat myself in case it turns into a shootout, and then I could find out what he is fond of and take it with me as peace offering
This got me laughing out loud.

I think he would be wearing an Alexander Amosu suit and a bowler hat, carrying a crocodile skin walking stick and puffing at a cigar. He’d probably be carrying .45 inside his suit – you can’t be too careful with these evangelical atheists.

Seriously, guy doesn’t have anything for you in particular – I think he comes across that way to anyone he deems “dishonest”, or “idiotic”, which includes anyone he has had a contentious exchange with, especially if “anyone” is an “evangelical atheist” or an “anti-Christian”.

Decent guy? Almost certainly would be in many matters.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
MyJoe:

I think he would be wearing an Alexander Amosu suit and a bowler hat, carrying a crocodile skin walking stick and puffing at a cigar. He’d probably be carrying .45 inside his suit – you can’t be too careful with these evangelical atheists.

Seriously, guy doesn’t have anything for you in particular – I think he comes across that way to anyone he deems “dishonest”, or “idiotic”, which includes anyone he has had a contentious exchange with, especially if “anyone” is an “evangelical atheist” or an “anti-Christian”.

LMAO

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr_Anony: Hmmm..........some people have been gossiping about me behind my back eh? lol

Anyway, about macdaddy/logicboy, I'll say one thing. the dude is actually quite intelligent. Unfortuately, we didn't really have a debate per se, we just had a bunch of random arguments. . . .and didn't really participate in the actual debate we came to attend.
To be honest, logicboy didn't look or sound much different in person than I had expected. At first sight, he looks relatively young for his age (or rather what I suspect is his age).
For some reason, I got the feeling that he was somewhat surprised to meet me and this feeling lingered even up until the point when we parted ways (or maybe it's just me).

Anyway all in all, we had a good time. (we got along so well that someone actually thought we were a gay couple....lol, ok that's not what really happened but someone actually asked us "are you together?" go figure grin)

Dude don't worry, I don't know when next I'll be in London (probably sometime next year) I'll look you up.

Yeah, thanks for your advice, it is well noted. . .but then note also that truth is not necessarily in who talks faster and louder. The rapid quickfire approach is really only useful for bullying and brute-force debates....I get what you mean though.

No probs.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MrAnony1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:
No probs.
Lol, for once we are not fighting. Halleluya!!
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Ptolomeus(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:
All in all, Anony is a great guy. I am happy to have met him and my one particular advice to him is to learn how to make his points quickly because he is very slow in making his points. In a formal debate, the person with the most valid points win (because both sides will have their points, valid and invalid).
I think we Nairaland relgion section guys and girls should meet up because we are all people looking for answers. I am very happy to meet Anony.

Hello dear friend (and all other friends of the forum)

The forum discussed, (one might say that at times we fight). I had heated discussions with some colleagues, and then both ended up feeling a mutual affection.
Religious themes polarize us all ... but behind every person there is a bias human someone is in the success or failure, expressed his thought.
I want this beautiful message from you, will make everyone think that makes us think differently not good nor bad, just different.
Your experience was very beautiful ... although I live thousands of miles of Nairaland, I wish with all my heart personally meet my friends, and also to those with whom I have discussed heavily.
I know all of them are honest, but we think differently about religion.
Let us express our ideas, but we avoid the desalting.
We must respect
My tribute here first for my friends on the forum, but also for those with whom I have discussed strongly;
Olaadegbu, Frosbel .. to all my affection.
Mac Daddy: congratulations for the thread ... and for the great pose, which hopefully will be understood by all.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by truthislight: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
plaetton: It is so refreshing to see that Nigerians can voluntarily meet to cordially discuss contentious issues that they fundamentally dissagree on.
There is hope. We just have to build on that and increase the momentum.
We are the future.

I had no doubts that Anony is decent guy, though suffering from the stockholm syndrome. Lol grin

I would dread to meet Enigma. This guy seems to have a thing for me.
I am just trying to picture in my mind what a face to face meeting with him would be like.
First I would have to make sure my life insurance policy is duly paid up, have 911 on speed dial, no voice dialing, pack some heat myself in case it turns into a shootout, and then I could find out what he is fond of and take it with me as peace offering

is he that dengerouse?

Anyway, enigma can speak for himself.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Ptolomeus(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:
first time i eengaged him in a debate,i noticed his intelligentce and ability to wriggle out of tight corners.

if i could,i'd love to meet BUZUGEE.and then in no particular order,
crazyman
logicboy
frosbel
mkmyers
tpia@
truthislight
diluminati
plaetton
cyrexx
and everyother person that has turned this board into an addiction for me.
Beautiful post bro!
A big hug for you!
What a great value is this thread!
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Hello dear friend (and all other friends of the forum)

The forum discussed, (one might say that at times we fight). I had heated discussions with some colleagues, and then both ended up feeling a mutual affection.
Religious themes polarize us all ... but behind every person there is a bias human someone is in the success or failure, expressed his thought.
I want this beautiful message from you, will make everyone think that makes us think differently not good nor bad, just different.
Your experience was very beautiful ... although I live thousands of miles of Nairaland, I wish with all my heart personally meet my friends, and also to those with whom I have discussed heavily.
I know all of them are honest, but we think differently about religion.
Let us express our ideas, but we avoid the desalting.
We must respect
My tribute here first for my friends on the forum, but also for those with whom I have discussed strongly;
Olaadegbu, Frosbel .. to all my affection.
Mac Daddy: congratulations for the thread ... and for the great pose, which hopefully will be understood by all.

Gracias!

we are all humans at the end of the day
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by MacDaddy01: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
Christians and the irreligious bonding.

Where is islam? shocked
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01: Christians and the irreligious bonding.

Where is islam? shocked

Very expensive joke, dude grin

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Mr_Anony: Hmmm..........some people have been gossiping about me behind my back eh? lol

@bolded. Didn't really know how to respond to that. But I guess it must be true. I mean, when I tried to engage him on societal, non-religious issues, I figured he was pretty good at troubleshooting. He could figure out what was wrong (=A) and what the solution should be( =B ), though there was silence on how to get from A to B. I figure that's also his trouble with religion, or rather God. He's right about the fact that something's wrong with religion, but things begin to spiral downwards when he attempts to figure out what it is.

@the red. Word, bro. First-hand experience for me.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Bella3(f): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
The top person i would like to meet is muskeeto. He's the only unbiased person on this section.
I would like to meet logic boy too bt i'd come with a gun, he sounds aggresive to me.
Buzugee, calloti and tpia@ are also on my list. You see i took a 6 weeks training on counselling, i want to see if i can help.
Frosbel, i hav tons of questions for him.
Strangely i would like to meet lagoshia, he sounds intelligent to me. Bt am coming wit sss for my own safty.
I would love to meet most Christains on this section esp crazy man, ijawkid, pastor kun etc
did i mention Mr Anony? Yes!
Mykmyers is a dumb ass, i knw him bt he doesnt knw me hehehe.
I neva want to meet mactunji, as much as i wan go heaven, i neva wan die. Imagine? Banned for a whole month?
Dela fruita is an interesting character too.

Kai, the list is too long.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
Delafruita:
first time i eengaged him in a debate,i noticed his intelligentce and ability to wriggle out of tight corners.

if i could,i'd love to meet BUZUGEE.and then in no particular order,
crazyman
logicboy
frosbel
mkmyers
tpia@
truthislight
diluminati
plaetton
cyrexx
and everyother person that has turned this board into an addiction for me.
you dont want to meet me. i am a nut. i currently reside in a strait jacket grin

we shall make it happen when i enter naija for Dec, God willing.
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Me too! My only problem on that list is Buzugee. While he is a funny guy, he is a psychopath. He has no emotion for killed by christians or war.

He could sacrifice me to tha lord after joking over a few beers. He seems unstable shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I heard that he loves ciroc and weed grin grin grin
truth be told when i meet you i will come with 5 body guards, a machete, holy water, and a KJV BIBLE. you sound like you got a legion of demons on you grin grin grin grin grin grin JUST KIDDING. am sure you are a cool calm kinda fella
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
truthislight:

the most humorous in this NL religious section to me are:
1. Buzugee
2: lagerwhenindoubt
3: myamer45
4: muskeeto
5: Frosbel
6: Ijawkid
7: Jesoul
8: pastor AIO
9: crazyman(just the name!)
10: later to be fixed
the feelings are reciprocated Brah. am sure you already know that. wink
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Bélla3: The top person i would like to meet is muskeeto. He's the only unbiased person on this section.
I would like to meet logic boy too bt i'd come with a gun, he sounds aggresive to me.
Buzugee, calloti and tpia@ are also on my list. You see i took a 6 weeks training on counselling, i want to see if i can help.
Strangely i would like to meet lagoshia, he sounds intelligent to me. Bt am coming wit sss for my own safty.
I would love to meet most Christains on this section esp crazy man, ijawkid, pastor kun etc
I neva want to meet mactunji, as much as i wan go heaven, i neva wan die. Imagine? Banned for a whole month?

grin grin grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
obadiah777: the feelings are reciprocated Brah. am sure you already know that. wink

Really , Heberew Israelites are harmless, yes they do yell at the street corners and vendor stands about the choseness of the black race, but that's about it , they might engage in a few scuffles with white passers-by and a couple of Jews but compare that to the violent outage from our comrades in the other section, it's a walk in the park

See you in Naira Buzugee this Xmas grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by ijawkid(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
obadiah777: truth be told when i meet you i will come with 5 body guards, a machete, holy water, and a KJV BIBLE. you sound like you got a legion of demons on you grin grin grin grin grin grin JUST KIDDING. am sure you are a cool calm kinda fella

Lmao.....

When I meet logicboy I'll just gonna use my muscles on him.....lol.....
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by ijawkid(m): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Bélla3: The top person i would like to meet is muskeeto. He's the only unbiased person on this section.

Bella don't worry....we'll see...if not in this world,definitly in d next to come(new world)....lol....

Hope u wan stay for earth forever??.....or u wan go heaven??lol
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Bella3(f): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
ijawkid:

Bella don't worry....we'll see...if not in this world,definitly in d next to come(new world)....lol....

Hope u wan stay for earth forever??.....or u wan go heaven??lol

hahaha, lol.

1 Like

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by ijawkid(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
Definitly I would wanna meet buzugee...he's my buddy....we gon crack jokes to death....lol..

And I would wanna see olaadegbu...I nEed to give that guy a knock on the head...lol....

He's just so funny and stubborn.....

Ola 1 love bro......
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
People I'd like to meet
Deepsight
Plaetton
Wiegraf
M_Nwankwo
JeSoul

Won't want to meet Obadiah till his next reincarnation, hopefully He'll be Isaiah or Ezra, who knows?
As for Logicboy, probably when the fire of atheism that burns so brightly in his bones dim a bit.. He'll probably sew bigger balls onto my nutsack..

Spoken to Anony once. My arm hurt from holding my phone, we spoke for two hours. Surprisingly, we share some history, he knows a lot of the people that I do.

Would like to meet Goshen360, Frosbel, Ijawkid and Truthislight and Ola in a wrestling ring. Throw a Bible in and watch them tear it apart... tongue

Then, of course, Bella wink and mkmyers.

2 Likes

Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by CrazyMan(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2012

@ bolded grin grin grin
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Bella3(f): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
CrazyMan:
@ bolded grin grin grin
hehehe bt i am serious about the last 1 o
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Enigma(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
MyJoe:

Hmmm

I know your problem ------ and you know I know it. wink

cool
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by CrazyMan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Bélla3: hehehe bt i am serious about the last 1 o
Matthew 10:28.  Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

I'm sure God would keep you safe, so fear not. smiley
Re: Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) by Ptolomeus(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dear friends:
In many forums are organized meetings between participants.
That does not to be a party, nothing special; may be in a bar ...
At least those who are in the same city can do it!
Obviously, I could not attend, but I think this may be one intereste proposal for everyone!.
What think you?
A great affection for all.
Saludos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians / Causes Of Atheism / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.