Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

#Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ (16461 Views)

Debate: Money Can Buy "True Love" In Nigeria. I Dare Anyone To Challenge Me / 120 Romantic Love Messages And Poem to send to your Loved one on valentines day / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by ijebabe: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2012
skydeep:
where is my sound reasoning point? undecided
I saw the first message. Chill.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Osheshe(f): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2012
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Osheshe(f): 10:57am On Oct 08, 2012
D-Explorer:
In regards to the first round of the debate and topic: "Money sustains romantic love". . . I gladly present my humble judgement as duly deserved.

Hapi Pearl
Content presentation - 3 Points
Style/delivery - 3 Points
Grammatical correctness - 3 Points
Sentence construction - 0 Point
Clarity/fluency - 3.5 Points
Sound reasoning - 4 Points
Total Points = 16.5

Skydeep
Content presentation - 2.5 Points
Grammatical correctness - 4 Points
Sentence construction - 3 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 Points
Total Points = 19

Osheshe
Style/delivery - 4 Points
Grammatical correctness - 3 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 Points
Total Points = 19.5

Dubem
Sound reasoning - 4.5 Points
Total Points = 21

Crazy man

(He was obviously against the rules)
Content presentation - 0 Point
Style/delivery - 0 Point
Grammatical correctness - 0 Point
Sentence construction - 0 Point
Clarity/fluency - 0 Point
Sound reasoning - 0 Point
Total Points = 0

Risky man
Style/delivery - 3.5 Points
Grammatical correctness - 2 Points
Clarity/fluency - 4 Points
Sound reasoning - 3 points
Total Points = 18.5

Adaeze003
Content presentation - 4 Points
Sentence construction - 3.5 Points
Clarity/fluency - 4 Points
Sound reasoning - 4.5 points
Total Points = 23

AmBeautiful
Content presentation - 3
Style/delivery - 3.5 points
Sentence construction - 3.5 points
Clarity/fluency: 4.5 points
Sound reasoning: 4.5 points
Total Points = 23

PLEASE NOTE
I want to believe strictly that in a contest of this kind, we should have a space after a full-stop or a comma. Also, 'bcoz' can NOT be accepted as "because". These and several others could result to a low point. Permit me to say here that all contents posted for the round 1 lacks deep research as every debater clearly explored his/her brain-power with little or no reference. So far the debate has been very interesting and enlightening. I enjoyed reading the quality points and some daring lines as well. In all, it could only get hotter and better in the next round. I remain your humble judge D-Explorer.

Round one...was the opening argument if I'm not mistaken, to introduce the topic. Subsequent rounds would be quite boring and repetitive if all researched points were laid down at the opening round, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Thank you judges. We await the input of the final judge, shollypopz.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 11:14am On Oct 08, 2012
ijebabe:
I saw the first message. Chill.
ok. cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2012
Osheshe:

Round one...was the opening argument if I'm not mistaken, to introduce the topic. Subsequent rounds would be quite boring and repetitive if all researched points were laid down at the opening round, don't you think?
Oh dear, i'm sorry about the late response i've been multi-tasking. Alright, to your question, i believe at every round, all debaters should make use of the 'weapons' in their arsenal to gather maximum points and that's because, if you save the best for the last, you just might not be too sure if you will make the last round. Thank you cheesy
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2012
We are moving ahead. . .

In order to make this a 3 vs 3 debate, i will have to eliminate 2 participants from the opposing side.

I will be right back with the eliminated names and the pairing.

Participants should get ready to counter the arguments of whoever they are paired with. . .

Thank you
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2012
sexkillz: We are moving ahead. . .

In order to make this a 3 vs 3 debate, i will have to eliminate 2 participants from the opposing side.

I will be right back with the eliminated names and the pairing.

Participants should get ready to counter the arguments of whoever they are paired with. . .

Thank you

I have prepared a fresh attack ooo
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2012
I just saw this thread and, having such a controversial debate and not inviting MBJ to the party is wrong on all accounts....... Sexkillz you failed on this one as you should have had my VIP invitation personally sent to me by email...... This is your Mod's strike ONE! Lol
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2012
It will be:

Skydeep vs pearl hapi

Dubem vs Riskyman

AmBeautiful vs Adaeze003

You can only counter the arguments of whoever you are paired with. Make your points convincing.

You are allowed a maximum of 2 posts in this round. . .

Crazyman and osheshe were eliminated. They had the least of points from the opposing side.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2012
MRbrownJAY: I just saw this thread and, having such a controversial debate and not inviting MBJ to the party is wrong on all accounts....... Sexkillz you failed on this one as you should have had my VIP invitation personally sent to me by email...... This is your Mod's strike ONE! Lol
You won't be left out of the next one. . . smiley
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
sexkillz: It will be:

Skydeep vs pearl hapi

Dubem vs Riskyman

AmBeautiful vs Adaeze003

You can only counter the arguments of whoever you are paired with. Make your points convincing.

You are allowed a maximum of 2 posts in this round. . .

Crazyman and osheshe were eliminated. They had the least of points from the opposing side.

Thank you all.
good,I started first yestday so I think skydeep should come up first in this round,thank you btw crazyman is really an intelligent and tough debater:I miss him sha cos I was actually warming up for him.all good anyways
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2012
Reporting for duty
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by greedie1(f): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Im all eyes..... And fingers. Lol
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by UjSizzle(f): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Constructive arguments smiley I enjoyed reading through. Well done guys and big ups to the judges and killz.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by CrazyMan(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Judges remarks,

Whatever...I won't argue with your decision.

But when next another debate comes up, please pair me with MrbrownJ; we've got lots of unfinished business to take care of, and also he's a very strong debater.

One of the best from my opinion.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by UjSizzle(f): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
And I wanna be part of the next debate killz just hoping this useless network doesn't misbehave
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Talking about how Money Sustains Romantic Love: the truth is you can't have a great relationship until you can afford to provide (no matter how small) for your girlfriend, and money is either the best or the worst area of communication even in marriages.
This is usually a very serious matter in relationships. The common saying in Nigeria that “No money, no love” is mostly true. Some people are confused about why they are really into a particular relationship especially when their partner turns out to be far from all they ever wanted. Some others are certain they are in only for the money and easily disappear when the money stops flowing.
Even those that are also in a relationship for the sake of love also experience conflicts about money issues; who earns more and thus carries more of the financial burden? How often should the man pay the bills even when the lady earns her own money? Joe Isaka, a media person declares that money is more important in a relationship, because “With money, you can make any girl fall in love with you. By the time you buy her gifts, take her to the cinema, pay for her shopping trips, she will start thinking of you as her knight in shining armor. She is in love.”

Charity, a student of University of Abuja, agrees with Joe; “money is more important than love because love dies in the absence of money. Like me, I cannot date a poor guy. I had a friend who was in love with a poor guy but another guy who she did not really like kept buying her gifts the poor guy could not get for her. After a while her love for the poor guy disappeared and today she is married to the rich guy”.

Financial security is one thing that every girl craves. I’m of the opinion that money and love go hand in hand. “Both are very important factors in a relationship". Without money the love will not grow and without love, the relationship is not very enjoyable. This is why the man should do his best to become comfortable in life before going into a romantic relationship. I’m sorry, but times have changed so much that there is a higher demand for the good things of life. The truth is that every girl wants to be secure in her relationship which is why a girl would prefer a banker as a mate to a marketer. Let's face it: When it comes to money, men tend to take more risks and don't save for emergencies. Men use money as a scorecard and can struggle with self-esteem when there are financial problems. But Women tend to see money more as a security issue, so they will gravitate toward the rainy-day fund. Because of their need for security, ladies can have a level of fear when they are in a relationship with a guy that can’t provide/Sustain a romantic love. Experts call it terror—when a guy without income is keeping a romantic relationship with lady.

Let’s not forget the fact that money provides basic necessities like food, shelter, clothing, etc. I am not talking about luxuries, but certain basics are required. My opponent (DUBEM) might be saying that without money one can be truly, madly, and deeply in love, but trust me it’s easy to say but, it's really difficult for ladies to go below the standard they maintain, it's easy to say 'yes I can', but let them try it for a week and 99.9% of our ladies will give up. Hence, money is very much important to Sustains Romantic Love, because not all stories that begin with 'once upon a time, end with... and they lived happily ever after.'

N/B: I dont want to start quoting DUBEM word to word, but i'm countering all that he has to say

I remain my humble self: Risky_man
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
pearl~hapi:
good,I started first yestday so I think skydeep should come up first in this round,thank you btw crazyman is really an intelligent and tough debater:I miss him sha cos I was actually warming up for him.all good anyways
I will oppose ur argument madam. So go on baby. Hit me! cool
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
skydeep: Goodevening our humble and unbiased judges,viewers and my co-debaters, am here to oppose the motion “money is requiréd to sustain love. I remain my humble self, Skydeep.
The word "love" has a deep meaning and not just what the above co-debater(pearl ) defined. Love includes sacrifice and sacrifice is not all about money. It goes a long way to say one can die for love(quote me wrong if I am). Permit me to use a story about my friend who almost died of kidney stone but was saved by her financeé after he donated his kidney to her. Now tell me where money was used in this story? I guess not.

Let me also take u back to the medieval ages where things like computers, phones and other computerized gadgets are yet to be invented. Do u think our fore-fathers spent a dime for love? I guess not. They had to sacrifice, trust and understand their partners. Those qualities are what nurture love. I hope the judges are convinced by my points. Thanks
Thank you my judges for another opportunity to suport the motion that“money is required in a romantic love”my opponent just talked about how love is about sacrifice and not money.it beats me if she ever sat to think or wonder about the phrase“LOVE GROWS”it is not just enough to love a person but rather how much care,romance,kindness etc you have put in the relationship makes it get to the next stage/work out.for love to blossom,money is needed.For you to have a good hangout with you spouse,call them,get them gifts/presents during occasions involves money and all of the factors are what builds up love and keep it glowing.lack of romance in a relationship kills love faster no matter how much of it[love]both parties claim to have for each other].if you argue money isn't required in a romantic love,so how did statements like lack of communication destroys love come to be?and what is communication without money?words like girls dating broke ass guys which is frequently used by lots of guys\girls is also a daily quote.have you ever wondered how aristos and sugermummies gained so much ground in our society?well it is in a bid to look/remain good,with a nice hair do and general body maintainance that led a lot of girls into such acts like runs,my next question is do these girls have boyfriends who appreciate their goodlooks made out of runs?oh yes,and not only do they appreciate the looks they go about boasting to friends about how goodlooking their girlfriends are even tho they contribute nothing to making such personality.so if a guy appreciates something good why or how does spending money to make it a reality potray its a money based love affair?lack of money in a romantic love also makes lots of ladies disrespect their spouses,it has also made a lot of girls cheats which has led to distrust in a lot of relationships.And then my opponent made mention of our fore fathers not spending a dime financially on their women.this brings to heart the story of romeao and julliet.Romeos deadly act of getting himself and he's love julliet poisoned was made possible through income,the deadly poison he got was a very expensive one that only the nobles could afford but yet he afforded it no matter how expensive it was all to protect he's love.that's to tell us that money has always been important in love affairs.talking about our fore fathers not careing about money but love,has my opponent ever wondered how and why exchange of humans for money came to be?a lot of our forefathers who had so many children with a wife they could hardly cater for made it through by giving out one of their children out in exchange of money to cater for the rest now that goes to show that even our forefathers who cared about their spouses needed finance as well.I have also come across aged women who recount the number of wrappers in their boxes that was presented to them by their spouses even before they were made husbands and wives,this also brings to mind the stories of how a lot of women in the old days abandoned their husbands for the white men who were willing and capable to take care of them and provide for them.money has always and will always be required to sustain a romantic love.until am called up again,I remain pearl,thank you

1 Like

Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
Pearl-hapi, is this you? What happened to your punctuation today nau.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by pearlhapi(f): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Risky_man: Pearl-hapi, is this you? What happened to your punctuation today nau.
am using a phone and it rilli isn't easy to type that long witot making errors btw I shall do my best to modify the little I can
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Riskyman(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
pearl~hapi:
am using a phone and it rilli isn't easy to type that long witot making errors btw I shall do my best to modify the little I can
cool

pearl~hapi, i want this opposing peeps "to agree not to disagree" at the end of the day. grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Jambsupport(f): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
i like ds sexkillz wen is d nxt
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
Jambsupport: i like ds sexkillz wen is d nxt
I'll let you know. . . Thanks for your interest.
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Jambsupport(f): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
sexkillz: I'll let you know. . . Thanks for your interest.
cant wait doin gud job
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
pearl~hapi:
so how did statements like lack of communication destroys love come to be?and what is communication without money?words like girls dating broke ass guys which is frequently used by lots of guys\girls is also a daily quote.have you ever wondered how aristos and sugermummies gained so much ground in our society?well it is in a bid to look/remain good,with a nice hair do and general body maintainance that led a lot of girls into such acts like runs,my next question is do these girls have boyfriends who appreciate their goodlooks made out of runs?oh yes,and not only do they appreciate the looks they go about boasting to friends about how goodlooking their girlfriends are even tho they contribute nothing to making such personality.so if a guy appreciates something good why or how does spending money to make it a reality potray its a money based love affair?lack of money in a romantic love also makes lots of ladies disrespect their spouses,it has also made a lot of girls cheats which has led to distrust in a lot of relationships.And then my opponent made mention of our fore fathers not spending a dime financially on their women.this brings to heart the story of romeao and julliet.Romeos deadly act of getting himself and he's love julliet poisoned was made possible through income,the deadly poison he got was a very expensive one that only the nobles could afford but yet he afforded it no matter how expensive it was all to protect he's love.that's to tell us that money has always been important in love affairs.talking about our fore fathers not careing about money but love,has my opponent ever wondered how and why exchange of humans for money came to be?a lot of our forefathers who had so many children with a wife they could hardly cater for made it through by giving out one of their children out in exchange of money to cater for the rest now that goes to show that even our forefathers who cared about their spouses needed finance as well.I have also come across aged women who recount the number of wrappers in their boxes that was presented to them by their spouses even before they were made husbands and wives,this also brings to mind the stories of how a lot of women in the old days abandoned their husbands for the white men who were willing and capable to take care of them and provide for them.money has always and will always be required to sustain a romantic love.until am called up again,I remain pearl,thank you
its obvious that all these shows that this co-debater's priority in a relationship is money.
Good day once again judges and viewers. I still oppose the motion "money sustains romantic love". The above quoted statements shows that our youths now believe money makes the world goes round forgetting that "Love" should be the right word.

Permit me to use my experience as an example. When I met my husband in a supermarket, I never liked him despite his flashy car he drove that day not because I have mine but because I am not moved by a man's wealth. To cut the story short, he took on a date and said he will foot the bill but I insisted that I should do it. Now we were not in love at that time but if My opponent(pearls) were in my shoes(based on her statements) she will fall in love immediately because of the car and taste of this guy. Now tell me if this is TRUE LOVE? Viewers, isnt it obvious that my opponent's priority in a relationship is MONEY?. I rest my case till next round. I belive the judges are convinced by my points. Thanks
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by skydeep(f): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
---
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by MrsChima1(f): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
I guess I missed another one huh? SMH.

Can I still state my opposing view? I challenge MBJ. grin grin grin grin
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Am I too late??
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by DExplorer1: 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
Please, all contents are noted at first posting. Your correction might not be considered if points are awarded. Thank you!
Re: #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~ by Rocktation(f): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
I guess I missed another one huh? SMH.

Can I still state my opposing view?

I'm not sure that you can Mrs. Chima. You don't even have an Opening speech, neither have you been paired with a contender, to which your rebuttal should be directed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Guys!!! What Do You Think About Her Legs (photos) / How To Insert Your Dick In Her Tight Pussy / ***rate My Virgin Kid Sis***..picture*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.