Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

@frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) (10219 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Enigma(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2012
andromida: @ ihedinobi on whose say so is trinity the foundation of christianity? and yes this thread is not particularly focused on trinity but trinity as I see it is a major aspect of it an please shorter epistles please wink

To keep it simple: if Jesus IS God and The Father Is God (leaving out The Holy Spirit for now), would you not say that is an issue at the heart {"foundation"} of Christianity? smiley

cool
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2012
@ Frosbel and Ijawkid,

Do you say it was not Jesus that was being referred to as Alpha and Omega in this passage?

John and the Angel

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

7 “LOOK, I AM COMING SOON! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

12 “LOOK, I AM COMING SOON! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, JESUS, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “YES, I AM COMING SOON.”

Amen. COME, LORD JESUS.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

After reading that passage and paying attention to the capitalized words, do you insist that it wasn't Jesus that was the Alpha and Omega. It wasn't Jesus that was "COMING SOON?"
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Enigma(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2012
@ italo

The claims that white is black have been made repeatedly in the last couple of weeks!

See e.g. this thread among others https://www.nairaland.com/1056361/did-god-really-die/3#12429383

cool
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by truthislight: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Point of correction, sis, this thread is not particularly focused on the Trinity. However, you have made a point I want to address. There is a heterodoxy that is fine. For instance, I don't care to go to church on Sundays, I meet with fellow believers and powwow maybe on Wednesdays or Fridays. (I don't mean me o, I do the Sunday routine more often than not.) There is no antiChristianity in that. It may be that the nature of my job does not allow meeting on Sundays or that the political atmosphere makes Sunday meetings impossible. Whatever it may be, the day of the week on which I break bread with my family is a matter of personal, say, convenience.

But there is another heterodoxy that is heresy and antiChrist. That which attacks the nature or foundation of Christianity itself is what I mean. Strictly speaking then, if the Trinity is the foundation of Christianity, then it is impossible either to accept it and be an unbeliever or reject it and be a believer. Neither of this means that the believer or unbeliever necessarily understands it to be either.

This is Christianity: Jesus is Lord, by which we mean, Jesus is God. That immediately lands anyone who believes it in the Trinity whether they understand it or not. If anyone rejects it, they reject the Trinity.

Why bother pursuing a discussion such as this then? It is because our growth in the Faith is growth in mental or intellectual appreciation of God, Who and What He is. A lot of us who do not fully appreciate Him intellectually are rendered very ineffective in many areas of our lives for God. So those who do, must help prod these ones on to greater understanding. Which is what they do engaging those who attack the doctrine. Also, it is for those who attack the doctrine because they may actually be true Christians who are reaching for greater understanding. How they react to what they are told proves whether or not there is really Christ in them. Increasing hardness of heart and stubborn refusal to learn is evidenced by deteriorating arguments. At a certain point, it becomes a "believe or die" situation and if the person is utterly under the influence of the spirit of antichrist, they start to break Scriptures. At that point, no further argument is useful to him. But since this is a public domain, further argument can serve to warn others of what happens when they claim Christianity and reject the Lordship or Godhood of its Christ.

Thus, it is not a "to your tents, O Israel" matter.

Edited

trinity is:
"foundation of chritianity"

when did it became the foundation of chrsitianity?
Forth century ce (4ce) = Apostacy.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2012
Regarding the Trinity as the Foundation of our faith, this is what JESUS had to say to the BLIND Guides :

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to - Matthew 23:13
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by truthislight: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2012
Enigma:

To keep it simple: if Jesus IS God and The Father Is God (leaving out The Holy Spirit for now), would you not say that is an issue at the heart {"foundation"} of Christianity? smiley

cool

the word God is a title my friend.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Enigma(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2012
truthislight:

the word God is a title my friend.

Ok. A title for both The Father and The Son and who together with the Holy Spirit make ONE God.

Any other person or thing called "god" is a so-called god and a FALSE god. smiley

cool
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2012
andromida: @ ihedinobi on whose say so is trinity the foundation of christianity? and yes this thread is not particularly focused on trinity but trinity as I see it is a major aspect of it an please shorter epistles please wink

Necessary inference, sis. Please note what I said in that comment again

Ihedinobi: This is Christianity: Jesus is Lord, by which we mean, Jesus is God. That immediately lands anyone who believes it in the Trinity whether they understand it or not. If anyone rejects it, they reject the Trinity.

Do you disagree?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2012
Enigma:

cool

I agree completely.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
Enigma:

cool

The issue at the heart of Christianity is John 3:16. But as ihedinobi said this discourse is for intellectual appreciation of God.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
@Enigma

Bro, I emailed you. Seen it yet?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
Trinitarians say that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are ONE God.

So-called Unitarians say that The Son is "a God" (The Mighty God); and The Father is another God (The Almighty God). That makes 2 Gods. Then they turn around and say The Lord is ONE. *Hello, but you say there are 2 Gods - The Mighty God and The Almighty God*.

On seeing their inconsistency, they shamelessly accuse Trinitarians of believing in 3 Gods - even though Trinitarians say There are three persons in ONE GOD. They do this just to throw up confusion.

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
andromida:

The issue at the heart of Christianity is John 3:16. But as ihedinobi said this discourse is for intellectual appreciation of God.

Someone on this forum obstinately used this same verse to keep rejecting the Trinity, sis. It makes one ask if it actually invalidates the statement that Christianity is completely founded on the Trinity of God.

Is there anything in that verse that excludes the Trinity? Bear in mind that I am in complete agreement that that verse rules Christianity without exception.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
italo: Trinitarians say that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are ONE God.

So-called Unitarians say that The Son is "a God" (The Mighty God); and The Father is another God (The Almighty God). That makes 2 Gods. Then they turn around and say The Lord is ONE. *Hello, but you say there are 2 Gods - The Mighty God and The Almighty God*.

On seeing their inconsistency, they shamelessly accuse Trinitarians of believing in 3 Gods - even though Trinitarians say There are three persons in ONE GOD. They do this just to throw up confusion.

Succinctly put.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Angels are called gods, judges were called gods and so on and so forth.

These deceivers know quite well what we mean , they know we are referring to YAHWEH. i.e. Almighty GOD. , Of Him there is only ONE.

Unitarians say Almighty GOD is ONE , indivisible, a personality with no beginning and no end , and who wants to be identified as such.

The Trinitarians, deny God his personality and attribute to him 3 different personalities as if he has some kind of multi-personality disorder.

As arrogant as the false teachers are , they would never for one day want anyone to call them ONE person with 3 different personalities, they stick to ONE as in their person.

But hey, if we are made in God's image why are we not 3 persons in ONE ? Why are we just ONE in Person.

This pagan and demonic doctrine even insists that you MUST believe in IT to be saved in total contradiction to the bible which says we should believe in the messiah-ship of Christ for salvation , and not some made up rubbish referring to him as Almighty GOD.

Trust me, these people are deceived and also deceiving others.

"while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived" - 2 Timothy 3:13

Their standard is not the WORD of GOD but the paganic philosophies of the so called ' church fathers ' to which by I say church fathers my foot.

Jesus is our example and he said :

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

His word is good enough for me.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:
But there is another heterodoxy that is heresy and antiChrist. That which attacks the nature or foundation of Christianity itself is what I mean. Strictly speaking then, if the Trinity is the foundation of Christianity, then it is impossible either to accept it and be an unbeliever or reject it and be a believer. Neither of this means that the believer or unbeliever necessarily understands it to be either.
Edited

Ihedinobi:

This is Christianity: Jesus is Lord, by which we mean, Jesus is God. That immediately lands anyone who believes it in the Trinity whether they understand it or not. If anyone rejects it, they reject the Trinity.

Edited

whether i agree or disagree is not relevant.

Now this is Christianity: John 3:16

Also Matt 22:37-40 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

As you rightly said this is for intellectual appreciation smiley.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel: Angels are called gods, judges were called gods and so on and so forth.

These deceivers know quite well what we mean , they know we are referring to YAHWEH. i.e. Almighty GOD. , Of Him there is only ONE.

Unitarians say Almighty GOD is ONE , indivisible, a personality with no beginning and no end , and who wants to be identified as such.

The Trinitarians, deny God his personality and attribute to him 3 different personalities as if he has some kind of multi-personality disorder.

As arrogant as the false teachers are , they would never for one day want anyone to call them ONE person with 3 different personalities, they stick to ONE as in their person.

But hey, if we are made in God's image why are we not 3 persons in ONE ? Why are we just ONE in Person.

This pagan and demonic doctrine even insists that you MUST believe in IT to be saved in total contradiction to the bible which says we should believe in the messiah-ship of Christ for salvation , and not some made up rubbish referring to him as Almighty GOD.

Trust me, these people are deceived and also deceiving others.

"while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived" - 2 Timothy 3:13

Their standard is not the WORD of GOD but the paganic philosophies of the so called ' church fathers ' to which by I say church fathers my foot.

Jesus is our example and he said :

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

His word is good enough for me.

Actually my concern is not trinity or the oneness of God. All christians know that God is one. My concern is the faith of others while you argue. Your faith is grounded what about others.?

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Enigma(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ihedinobi: @Enigma

Bro, I emailed you. Seen it yet?

Yes, sorry for lateness; I will deal with it soon. smiley
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
andromida:

Actually my concern is not trinity or the oneness of God. All Christians know that God is one. My concern is the faith of others while you argue. Your faith is grounded what about others.?

A Father who home schools his children refused to sign a document which stated the Trinity as a matter of fact . His family were told they could no longer be a part of the homeschool group.

Countless families and friends have been disowned by their churches and even relatives, they are abused , ignored and humiliated - why ? Because they reject the trinity.

The main issue here is Trinitarisns or 3 god worshippers ( we can used the terms interchangeably ) , stating mistruths about the condition for salvation.

Not a few sites and false teachers have stated you MUST believe in the Trintiy to be saved.

Many churches have it as part of their doctrines , if you reject it you are out.

What do you think about all this confusion ?

Well , I tell you what I think , God is not the author of confusion.

One Holy Spirit cannot lead his children in 40,000 directions.

We are in the age of apostasy and all those who refuse to challenge what they know today or have been told about God risk being deceived.

God does not honour lazy children he has asked to us to study the word for ourselves.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
italo: Trinitarians say that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are ONE God.

Let me expose your childishness once more.....

In effect you are saying apostle paul and the writer of deuteronomy was a polytheist....

Let's read 1 corinthians 8:5,6

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For although there may be so-called gods in
heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many
[“gods]” and many[] [“lords”]— 6 yet for us there is
{one God}, the Father, from whom are all things
and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus
Christ, through whom are all things and through
whom we exist.

From that verse it appears there are many Gods both in heaven and on earth..uncounctables of Gods.....

But paul clearly told his fellow Jews who weren't pagans like trinitarians that ""but to Us"" there is but one God,the Father.....

Paul associates oneness of God to the Father alone ,not to some other 2 persons who trinitarians claim are part of a triune manifold......

I don't know what can be wrong with y'all.....

God is 1 and he is 1 Yahweh.....

Let me quote verse 5 again....

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For though there be those [called gods],
whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be
gods many, and lords many,)

Jesus is called God.....

Angels are called Gods....

Italo was pronounced and called God by Yahweh himself.....

But to ""US"" there is but one God,The Father....

That verse didn't say but to ""us"" there is but 1 God comprising of the Father,son,and holy ghost......(Trinity delusion)

If you can't understand 1 corinthians 8:5,6 then you are finished so also your entourage....

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

In effect you are saying apostle paul and the writer of deuteronomy was a polytheist....

I suggest that to support our position, we should qualify GOD as Almighty GOD , Yahweh or Jehovah, otherwise these chaps will keep playing with words while making no valid point.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

I suggest that to support our position, we should qualify GOD as Almighty GOD , Yahweh or Jehovah, otherwise these chaps will keep playing with words while making no valid point.

I subscribe to that bro...

Make Yahweh distinct from all other Gods who ofcus he is the God of all Gods........

I'll do that......
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
Firstly, I am done with this argument since you have already agreed that Jesus is God.

The only other thing I will do is to play the music for you to do your circular dance and logical acrobatics for our entertainment.
ijawkid:

Let's read 1 corinthians 8:5,6

English Standard Version (ESV)
5 For although there may be so-called gods in
heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many
[“gods]” and many[] [“lords”]— 6 yet for us there is
{one God}, the Father, from whom are all things
and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus
Christ, through whom are all things and through
whom we exist.

From that verse it appears there are many Gods both in heaven and on earth..uncounctables of Gods.....

But paul clearly told his fellow Jews who weren't pagans like trinitarians that ""but to Us"" there is but one God,the Father.....

Paul associates oneness of God to the Father alone ,not to some other 2 persons who trinitarians claim are part of a triune manifold......

I don't know what can be wrong with y'all.....

God is 1 and he is 1 Yahweh.....

Let me quote verse 5 again....

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For though there be those [called gods],
whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be
gods many, and lords many,)

Jesus is called God.....

Angels are called Gods....

Italo was pronounced and called God by Yahweh himself.....

But to ""US"" there is but one God,The Father....

That verse didn't say but to ""us"" there is but 1 God comprising of the Father,son,and holy ghost......(Trinity delusion)

If you can't understand 1 corinthians 8:5,6 then you are finished so also your entourage....

What is the difference between "God" (as it is used in the Bible), "god" (as it is used in the Bible) and "A God" (which I have never seen in the Bible, you formulated that).

And which of the three is Jesus Christ. God, god or "A God?"

Where did the Bible ever refer to Angels as "Gods" (with a capital 'G')?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
italo: Firstly, I am done with this argument since you have already agreed that Jesus is God.

The only other thing I will do is to play the music for you to do your circular dance and logical acrobatics for our entertainment.

What is the difference between "God" (as it is used in the Bible), "god" (as it is used in the Bible) and "A God" (which I have never seen in the Bible, you formulated that).

If you do not know these basics, no wonder you are deceived.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
italo: Firstly, I am done with this argument since you have already agreed that Jesus is God.

Jejune you.......

Who told you there we're capital letters when the hebrew texts and greek were written....

Jesus is among those who are called God(s) but ofcus as you have read from 1 corinthians that to ""us""(it seems u aint part of that US) there is but 1 GOD,the FATHer....

Open ya eyes bro and read....
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2012

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
andromida:

whether i agree or disagree is not relevant.

Now this is Christianity: John 3:16

Also Matt 22:37-40 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

As you rightly said this is for intellectual appreciation smiley.

Sis, please do not think that I'm prolonging issues unnecessarily. The bolded comes across to me as though we were talking aesthetics. "Intellectual appreciation" can be read "understanding". It is abnormal that a Christian should go from day to day, from month to month without the growing in faith and increase in likeness to the Lord from glory to glory which the New Testament is replete with.

The best way to describe Christianity as a practical thing is in John 17:3. We are meant to constantly and eternally increase in knowledge of the Lord. That is what the Life we have received is: God Himself. And Life ought to perpetually unfold. We must learn to know what we have been called to or else Satan will have the advantage of us. This is why the prophecy reads "they that know their God shall be strong and do exploits". The knowledge of the Lord is strength and effectiveness for the Christian.

Having said that, I go on to declare to you that the Scriptures are essentially closed until he who reads has come home to the comprehension of the Nature of God. I am not theorizing here. I am telling you why a vast knowledge of the Scriptures did next to nothing for me until the Lord took me through crises that opened my eyes to His essential Nature. Many meanings in the Scriptures that I could only guess at and speculate about in the past are increasingly an open book for me now because I know for certain the character of their Author and therefore what to expect and not expect of Him.

Knowing the Lord is the birthright of the Christian. It is one he must be careful to exchange for absolutely nothing. It is one he should be as greedy as possible for. It is one he should be terribly jealous about. There is nobody who does not belong to the House of the Lord that can know Him. But the Lord does want to be known and the only way He can reach those yet in the dark about Him and call out from among them those that have been His from eternity is to unveil Himself to and through Christians.

In short, there are a great many reasons for which the Christian should be a questioning person. And given that the Trinity is Who God Himself is, that is, the Personal Character of God is fully and finally explained by the Trinity, the Christian should not suffer ignorance at all about it.

Edited.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
frosbel:

If you do not know these basics, no wonder you are deceived.

As usual, simple questions that demand very simple, unqualified answers stump you. No surprises there.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Goshen360(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okay, I don wake up healthy and sound. I will resume and nail this discourse today and right now.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Goshen360(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
This thread, simply put is to address who Jesus is. Is he just an ordinary man or is he God or is he God that became man and hence makes him both God and man? Let me begin by calling witnesses to the court room.

Here are the witnesses in/from the scriptures:

The Father. By the Father, I meant God the Father. The Father himself calls Jesus who is the Son God and it witnessed from Hebrews 1:8,

New International Version (©1984)
But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

Okay. The Father who is God calls the Son God right. This is the first witness. To do justice, the Son also calls the Father God. and says the Father is greater than him. Let's hear from the witness of the Son,

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" John 20:17.

Okay. The Father calls the Son God and the Son calls the Father God or "my God". Does that mean the son is NO God? Certain not! If we are fighting Trinity, let's be straight forward to fight Trinity and if we are attacking the deity of Christ as God, let simply do that. Now, in the face of these TWO witnesses (The Father himself and The Son), Can we say Jesus is God and the Father is also God?

@ Ijawkid, Frosbel and Truthislight,

Do you agree (or believe) that Jesus is God. By "Jesus is God", I meant Jesus NOT the Father but still God according to the scriptures. I will like each of you (Ijawkid, Frosbel and Truthislight) to answer same question personally on your separate response. Thank you.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
Goshen360: This thread, simply put is to address who Jesus is. Is he just an ordinary man or is he God or is he God that became man and hence makes him both God and man? Let me begin by calling witnesses to the court room.

Here are the witnesses in/from the scriptures:

The Father. By the Father, I meant God the Father. The Father himself calls Jesus who is the Son God and it witnessed from Hebrews 1:8,

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

Okay. The Father who is God calls the Son God right. This is the first witness. To do justice, the Son also calls the Father God. and says the Father is greater than him. Let's hear from the witness of the Son,

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" John 20:17.

Okay. The Father calls the Son God and the Son calls the Father God or "my God". Does that mean the son is NO God? Certain not! If we are fighting Trinity, let's be straight forward to fight Trinity and if we are attacking the deity of Christ as God, let simply do that. Now, in the face of these TWO witnesses (The Father himself and The Son), Can we say Jesus is God and the Father is also God?

Do you agree (or believe) that Jesus is God. By "Jesus is God", I meant Jesus NOT the Father but still God according to the scriptures. I will like each of you (Ijawkid, Frosbel and Truthislight) to answer same question personally on your separate response. Thank you.

1 corinthians 8:5,6 confirms that there are many who are called Gods........

Jesus was called God.....

But to ""US"" there is but one GOD the Father whom Jesus worshipped.....

Hope we are on the same page??

Your colleagues here won't agree that Yahweh is greater than Jesus and that Yahweh is the God of Jesus.....

Abeg help me orient them....
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Goshen360(m): 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

1 corinthians 8:5,6 confirms that there are many who are called Gods........

Jesus was called God.....

But to ""US"" there is but one GOD the Father whom Jesus worshipped.....

Hope we are on the same page??

Your colleagues here won't agree that Yahweh is greater than Jesus and that Yahweh is the God of Jesus.....

Abeg help me orient them....

My brother, leave matter for Mattias abeg. If you say Jesus worshiped the Father is NO point as (1), Jesus himself was worshiped and (2), the witness I called to the court room clearly says the Father called Jesus God. So as the Father was worshiped, Jesus was also worshiped.

The question is,

Goshen360:

Just answer the simple question in your own personal way and allow others to whom my question is directed to also answer theirs.

Plus: By using "G" in the upper case, we believe it is True divine God unlike to lower the case of "g" as in god or gods as false god(s). Let's leave the play on words please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi / Pope Francis Celebrates His 82nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.