Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

@frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) (10205 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
frosbel:

and

God's testimony is what matters and he witnesses into the hearts of his children that we are his children.

Trinitarians can keep saying Unitarians are not christians all day long , it's like water off the back of a duck , meanings nothing.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge.
My friend frosbel, you still did not answer the question. Instead you conveniently played the card of trinitarian vs unitarian.

We were not called to be unitarians nor were we called to be trinitarians neither were we called to any sect. We are called to Christ.

All I have asked you to do is to tell us who Christ is. If you cannot do this, then I'll take it that you don't know who Christ is.

If you like you can claim the witness of God until you are blue in the face. If you cannot bear witness of Him, you do not know what you are talking about.

Over to you. Remember you promised to give me an answer. Why are you now evading the question?

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My friend frosbel, you still did not answer the question. Instead you conveniently played the card of trinitarian vs unitarian.

We were not called to be unitarians nor were we called to be trinitarians neither were we called to any sect. We are called to Christ.

All I have asked you to do is to tell us who Christ is. If you cannot do this, then I'll take it that you don't know who Christ is.

If you like you can claim the witness of God until you are blue in the face. If you cannot bear witness of Him, you do not know what you are talking about.

Over to you. Remember you promised to give me an answer. Why are you now evading the question?

lol in my barber's shop. Now that's my twin talking. Home truth, twin bro!
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by F00028: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

@we will only use one translation of the bible which you will choose. This is so that we don't mock God's word by pitting translations against each other.

that cant be right Mr. Anony. no translation is perfect. to limit yourselves to one, warts and all, might very well be mocking God's word.

loving the debate so far.

@ frosbel, you're walking into a trap though.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
F00028:

that cant be right Mr. Anony. no translation is perfect. to limit yourselves to one, warts and all, might very well be mocking God's word.

loving the debate so far.

@ frosbel, you're walking into a trap though.
The reason we are limiting ourselves to just those two translations is so that we can avoid ourselves jumping from one translation to another with the purpose of twisting scripture.

Frosbel is not walking into a trap, he is walking into truth. i didn't ask that question to entrap frosbel or to win an argument, I purposely set up this thread so that by asking questions, frosbel may be led to the truth. That is why I am truly disappointed that he would rather resort to stereotyping than keep the focus on Christ.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol in my barber's shop. Now that's my twin talking. Home truth, twin bro!
true bro, I just pray frosbel will really think about it.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
true bro, I just pray frosbel will really think about it.

Honestly, bro, I think he's well past that. But I really wouldn't mind at all being wrong about that.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
ijawkid:

How can one who was not created be ""the image" of another person??
so u didnt think about this? Wow he is an exact image becos he was begotten.

How??

It means we were not created too.....

SMH!!!!!!!.....

Trinity delusion....
wow, are u are exact image? Do u know as things? Or have d fullness of the deity?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
truthislight:

your error is because the RCC has removed the name of Yahweh in some translations and replaced it with the "WORD" lord in the OT.

Otherwise, if you had seen that the word Yahweh you will not fall for this trap.

When paul wrote his word the shama was still carrying the names of Yahweh in all places in the OT.

This RCC action is after the death of the apostles.
Peace.
truthislight u have started spitting lies just to foster hatred and put other up against the RCC, just a point of correction d catholic church that existed before the eleven century wasnt called "roman", rome only preside over the church d name roman wasnt there, so it is a subtle mistake to say that the RCC did anything before the eleventh century.
Now to the main issue, i believe u have a problem with learning becos i have explained this to you times without number, before Jesus was born the name yahweh had already disappeared from the jewish text becos they believed it was too holy to b called, the greek version that was also and used before christ and d apostles didnt have the name yahweh. the pronuciation was also lost even wen some ancient edition that had it were discovered.
Sorry to burst ur bible friend but the early church didnt even meet the name, Jesus himself didnt meet the name in popular use.
Peace and stop speading wrong information.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
truthislight:

i love this so much. ^^^

@ Enigma, i believe you have a capacity to do a lot of Good to mankind.

You stood and defended the "bible" that it is not a RCC baby, but you are still standing for trinity because you belief it was adopted by the true church(catholic)

friend, the apostacy was already at work when the apostles were still alive. 1ce
2thessolonian 2:7

by the second (2ce) ce all the apostles that were a restrain to the apostacy had all died off.

just think about this.
Peace
instead of this i believe God's word "the gates of hell shall NEVER PREVAIL agaist her", ofcuz heresy was alway there even as early as d time of d apostle, the were those wu were pro-circumcision, after them came d gnostic and them d arians. They were all condemned, u are holding a heresy.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: truthislight u have started spitting lies just to foster hatred and put other up against the RCC, just a point of correction d catholic church that existed before the eleven century wasnt called "roman", rome only preside over the church d name roman wasnt there, so it is a subtle mistake to say that the RCC did anything before the eleventh century.
Now to the main issue, i believe u have a problem with learning becos i have explained this to you times without number, before Jesus was born the name yahweh had already disappeared from the jewish text becos they believed it was too holy to b called, the greek version that was also and used before christ and d apostles didnt have the name yahweh. the pronuciation was also lost even wen some ancient edition that had it were discovered.
Sorry to burst ur bible friend but the early church didnt even meet the name, Jesus himself didnt meet the name in popular use.
Peace and stop speading wrong information.

And Jesus himself beared the name "Yehshua..""

The 1 true fact is Jesus made that name known to every single Jew back then and then to his apostles and disciples.....

See what Jesus said @ john 17:24-26...

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom You
have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that
they may see My glory which You have given
Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of
the world.
25 “O righteous Father, [a]although the world
has not known You, yet I have known You; and
these have known that You sent Me; 26 and I
have made ""Your name"" known to them, and will
make it known, so that the love with which You
loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Jesus made the Fathers name known .....

All Jews used Gods name.....
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: so u didnt think about this? Wow he is an exact image becos he was begotten.

wow, are u are exact image? Do u know as things? Or have d fullness of the deity?

But he is also an image of the invincible God....

Means Jesus isn't the original......

He is like all other creations of Yahweh who are images of the invincible God.....

Exact or not-exact,Jesus remains an image of the invincible God....

If you want to humor yourself you can discard and kill the expresion ""the image"" .......

That expression defines everything...
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
ijawkid:

And Jesus himself beared the name "Yehshua..""
and so?

The 1 true fact is Jesus made that name known to every single Jew back then and then to his apostles and disciples.....
what name? Do u read the name yahweh in the new testament? Are u joking?
See what Jesus said @ john 17:24-26...
24 Father, I desire that they also, whom You
have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that
they may see My glory which You have given
Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of
the world.
25 “O righteous Father, [a]although the world
has not known You, yet I have known You; and
these have known that You sent Me; 26 and I
have made ""Your name"" known to them, and will
make it known, so that the love with which You
loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Jesus made the Fathers name known .....

All Jews used Gods name.....
hahahahahahahahahaha, i cant stop laughing! If i could laugh in greek i would. I had made your name known doesnt mean Jesus went about telling people that the father name was "yahweh" if that was it u would have seen d name yahweh in d new testament. Go and read, Jesus was never recorded to use d name "yahweh". The word 'name' denotes personality in the jewish tradition, when he said "i made your name known" he meant " i made u know" "i made you person known". While u will never read that Jesus said "yahweh" u will certain read that Jesus made his father know.
Learn to read and read with understanding.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: and so?

what name? Do u read the name yahweh in the new testament? Are u joking?
hahahahahahahahahaha, i cant stop laughing! If i could laugh in greek i would. I had made your name known doesnt mean Jesus went about telling people that the father name was "yahweh" if that was it u would have seen d name yahweh in d new testament. Go and read, Jesus was never recorded to use d name "yahweh". The word 'name' denotes personality in the jewish tradition, when he said "i made your name known" he meant " i made u know" "i made you person known". While u will never read that Jesus said "yahweh" u will certain read that Jesus made his father know.
Learn to read and read with understanding.

But Jesus used Gods name....he was a jew....

Infact his name Yehshua shows Jesus was a Jew who had Gods name attached to it.....

All Jews used that name........

If Jesus didn't use the tetragrammaton then he definitly wasn't a Jew....

Maybe Jesus was a roman......

Mention 1 Jew who won't use that name......

U think the Jews were like you who denied the one and only true God??

Every Jew read deuteronomy 6:4 including Yehshua.......

Yehshua used Gods name and you should do the same rather than run around the place with titles.....

May I ask you...

What is the meaning of the name JESUS??

Oya answer
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
ijawkid:

But Jesus used Gods name....he was a jew....

Infact his name Yehshua shows Jesus was a Jew who had Gods name attached to it.....

All Jews used that name........

If Jesus didn't use the tetragrammaton then he definitly wasn't a Jew....

Maybe Jesus was a roman......

Mention 1 Jew who won't use that name......

U think the Jews were like you who denied the one and only true God??

Every Jew read deuteronomy 6:4 including Yehshua.......

Yehshua used Gods name and you should do the same rather than run around the place with titles.....

May I ask you...

What is the meaning of the name JESUS??

Oya answer
hahaha, the name "yahweh" was already extinct then, it has been extinct for a long time the jews had stopped using it for a long time. Who told use d jews were still using d name?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, the name "yahweh" was already extinct then, it has been extinct for a long time the jews had stopped using it for a long time. Who told use d jews were still using d name?

Oya now tell me wetin be the meaning of the name Jesus or Yehshua....

Uo forgot to answer that......

And please how can Jesus who came from heaven stop using the name of his God and Father??

Abi Jesus been suffer from memory loss??
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Boomark(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: so u didnt think about this? Wow he is an exact image becos he was begotten.

whose image does He bear before He was begotten? Or are you saying He left His own image and nature and chose to bear the exact image of the Father?

The Father is not in the image of any body, He made us all in His image.

Got it?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Oya now tell me wetin be the meaning of the name Jesus or Yehshua....

Uo forgot to answer that......

And please how can Jesus who came from heaven stop using the name of his God and Father??

Abi Jesus been suffer from memory loss??
actually i just remembered im not oblige to answer these questions. I remember seeing of ur Jw magazine which say copyist and translator has been removing d name for 3500yrs and still claim it was done by d rcc. Is d rcc 3500yrs old? No! So friend do a little google search and d article will come. Im not obliged to give it to u, go and make research.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
Boomark:

whose image does He bear before He was begotten? Or are you saying He left His own image and nature and chose to bear the exact image of the Father?

The Father is not in the image of any body, He made us all in His image.

Got it?
mtchewww did u notice ur question doesnt make sense?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually i just remembered im not oblige to answer these questions. I remember seeing of ur Jw magazine which say copyist and translator has been removing d name for 3500yrs and still claim it was done by d rcc. Is d rcc 3500yrs old? No! So friend do a little google search and d article will come. Im not obliged to give it to u, go and make research.

See you....

The catholics clung to the ""don't use Gods name""........

And till date you guys forbid the use of that name..

I dey talk lie??

Meanwhile tell me the meaning of Yehshua....

I wan catch you......
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Boomark(m): 7:54am On Oct 17, 2012
Boomark:
whose image does He bear
before He was begotten? Or are
you saying He left His own
image and nature and chose to
bear the exact image of the
Father?
The Father is not in the image
of any body, He made us all in
His image.
Got it?

mtchewww did u notice ur
question doesnt make sense?

It made a perfect sense if you have been reading you bible.
Read this.

King James 2000 Bible
(©2003)
Ps 2:7
I will declare the decree:
the LORD has said unto
me, You are my Son; this
day have I begotten you.

Since you said He is the image of the Father because He was begotten. Whose was He before the decree?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2012
2cor 11:3 - But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2012
andromida: 2cor 11:3 - But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

There you have it, the simplicity that is in Christ at war against the mystery of the catholic church called Trinity !

2 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Boomark(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2012
andromida: 2cor 11:3 - But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

lots and lots of evidences everywhere. Hahaha.

Christ made it easy for us to understand so that when you make a mistake in serving the only true God, you will not blame it on mysteries.

It is clearly written!!

4 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
frosbel:

There you have it, the simplicity that is in Christ at war against the mystery of the catholic church called Trinity !

Well, with your deteriorating intellect, I can see why you wouldn't understand that some things can be too simple for great professors like you to understand. grin
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by oiseworld: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Well, with your deteriorating intellect, I can see why you wouldn't understand that some things can be too simple for great professors like you to understand. grin

Damnnn.......soooooo on point!!
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
ijawkid:

See you....

The catholics clung to the ""don't use Gods name""........

And till date you guys forbid the use of that name..

I dey talk lie??

Meanwhile tell me the meaning of Yehshua....

I wan catch you......
baseless acusation!! Provide proof that the catholic church has, had any document that say not to use God's name. If u cant then u have show every1 dat u are a liar
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Boomark:

It made a perfect sense if you have been reading you bible.
Read this.

King James 2000 Bible
(©2003)
Ps 2:7
I will declare the decree:
the LORD has said unto
me, You are my Son; this
day have I begotten you.

Since you said He is the image of the Father because He was begotten. Whose was He before the decree?
that i repeat is a stupid question, it is like asking wu was bookmark b4 he was born?? JESUS WASNT BORN IN TIME HE WAS BORN B4 TIME.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

it is hidden from the "high and mighty" but revealed to little children.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: that i repeat is a stupid question, it is like asking wu was bookmark b4 he was born?? JESUS WASNT BORN IN TIME HE WAS BORN B4 TIME.

it is now time for you to open the scriptures to show us that Jesus never had a beginning...

Oya start opening...

Dont just rant...open the scriptures.....
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: it is hidden from the "high and mighty" but revealed to little children.

which children??

Mary worshippers abi??
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Boomark(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: that i repeat is a stupid question, it is like asking wu was bookmark b4 he was born?? JESUS WASNT BORN IN TIME HE WAS BORN B4 TIME.

I asked you whose image He was since you said He has been existing along side the Father from eternity.

The time i was born is the my father begot me and that the time i bore his image.

Like you said up there that Jesus was born b4 time, that makes Him the beginning according to scriptures.

Am happy you are now getting the gist.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Boomark:

I asked you whose image He was since you said He has been existing along side the Father from eternity.

The time i was born is the my father begot me and that the time i bore his image.

Like you said up there that Jesus was born b4 time, that makes Him the beginning according to scriptures.

Am happy you are now getting the gist.

i'm still waiting for ubenidictus to open the scriptures and tell us where it says Jesus existed b4 time

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anyone Help With Rituals, Ife,juju,black Magic Etc. / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi / What Are The Reasons You Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.