Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage (33405 Views)

My Cult Encounters –girl, 16, Recounts (Pictured) / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by gbanikiti(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
Horus:
very funny!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by birdman(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

All I did was to point out the right and proper thing to do.. If you think it was okay for these students to take the law into their hands and destroy that community.. ..Then it was okay for the vigilante group that took the law into their hands and killed 4 suspected robbers SHIKINA!!

Whats wrong is wrong!

Abeg tell dem o. If you are cheering the student rampage, you would have been doing the same when the 4 boys were being murdered. We want the law to apply to everybody else except us.

3 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Delightbaby(f): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
2 wrong can neva make a right. 4 innocent souls were killed in a barbaric way now students turn 2 destroy pple's livelihood, who den r we 2 blame? GOD pls help us ur children in dis wicked world.
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by ghettodreamz(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
All these requital attacks are nothing but medicine after death. Deeds had already been done, neither would this bring back the departed souls. Why can't we wait and see justice being done to the case by the appropriate bodies with prosecution, court powers and procedures in respect of the alleged crime, instead of taking the law into our own hands.

If students were damaging properties in the name of protesting, what difference is then between them and those who perpetrated the devilish and horrendous killings. Two wrongs can never make a right, when two elephants fight in the forest, it's the grass that suffers it.

If this is happening, then it shows the problems and challenges of insecurity in Nigeria, failures of all the 3 arms of the Nigeria government, rot of lawlessness,suicidal,ritualistic, extra-judicial killings,wickedness & decadence on the part of her citizens,leniency of law makers in discharging quick judgement and abysmal misconduct & accountability of the Nigeria Police Force.

I pray God grant the families of the departed souls, grace to pull through at this awful moment. Amen
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Englishteacher: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy: It is a shame that one wrong is dealt with another wrong. The damn security agencies stood by to watch four boys get killed. Now again they stand by to watch students go on reprisal attacks. We might as well get rid of our police force cos they are utterly useless angry.

where does it stop? where does it lead us to?
We all forget that the innocent will be the ones to suffer! How different are we now from the people that killed those four boys?

Practically a Loose-Loose situation!

Ask yourselves WWJD? undecided

Nigeria undecided

Did you say "Loose-loose"situation?

That's a no-no!
C'mon, you can do better than that!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
solidbroda: All these happenings are as the result of an entirely failed state. When the masses no longer trust in the Govt, this happens. Otedola, Bankole, etc who stole billions of naira where celebrated. When are we gonna wake up. Can't these kind of people be burned up? These people are the results of all these social malaises. If we want Nigeria to move forward, we need a bloody revolution, in which all these old men who are sitting in power, who make up the shadow govt, who have turned Nigeria to a family business should all be wiped out even up to the children in the womb. Non should be allowed to live. They should all die

you make sense, the hard way, the only way.

but who (which rat) will bell the cat
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by vascey(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Let's talk about jungle justice for a sec.

For all the people supporting the reprisal attacks on the people of Aluu, I need you to ask yourself some questions.

Do you assume that the people present at the scene of the despicable act represent the entire Aluu community?

Do you think that everyone in Aluu would have supported the killing of those boys?

Do you think it is right and just for the entire people of Aluu to suffer for the crime of a few?

Is it fair if all suffer for the sins of a few?

Would it not be better if the perpetrators of the crime are brought to book for their crimes?

Finally, How are you any different from those 12 wicked people if you too go out there and kill or harm innocent people in anger.

I am not going to pretend that I do not feel the same anger against Aluu people but our response to anger and other savage emotions are what differentiates us from animals.

We need to think these things through. That is the only way we can address the real issues coming out of this.

That on both cases, the police watched as innocent people were molested and killed, should be a real concern to everyone. The same people who are paid, from our tax money, to protect us, would gladly stand idly while one of us is hacked to death. That is the worst part. We pay taxes so that the government would protect us. Even thieves deserve government protection. Yet, our police men watch while those boys were killed and innocent people robbed.

My point is that the government is indirectly responsible and should also be held accountable. That will provide better closure than robbing innocent people who did not know anything about the matter.

Assuming the police is bad. This sort of thing should bring to focus, the security of students living in off-campus areas. Security in those areas should consist both local indigenes and school security personnel to protect the interest of all stakeholders. These things should be done across all universities because as long as the government has built a school in your locality, and you are benefiting from that local economics, you have to act in the interest of the stakeholders.... embarassed lipsrsealed

Mehnn I don tire. I have work to do abeg. I am disappointed in the country but we the people suppose fit dey use our sense na. We are not cows. What moral basis do we have to condemn our leaders if we, the followers, dey act like malu at the slightest instance.

We have a looonnnggggggggggg way to go.

4 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by kaydibs(f): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

All I did was to point out the right and proper thing to do.. If you think it was okay for these students to take the law into their hands and destroy that community.. ..Then it was okay for the vigilante group that took the law into their hands and killed 4 suspected robbers SHIKINA!!

Whats wrong is wrong!
And I repeat, easy for you to type

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Okijajuju1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
kay dibs:

YES it is .. And thats because I am not emotionally blinded to whats right and whats wrong

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Areaboy2(m): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
kay dibs:

you guys know he is telling the truth but you rather hush him give his opinion a thought

I wish more people will look beyond sentiments and see down to the root of our problems in Nigeria undecided
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by sunnyp1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
[b]Kill every first son in Aluu and keep moving.... angry
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Areaboy2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okija, I do commend you for saying it as it is and seeing far beyond sentiments.

if we get only 15% of Nigerians thinking like you, we'll progress faster
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Okijajuju1(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
sunny-p:
[b]Kill every first son in Aluu and keep moving.... angry

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Dipwater(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
I am not in support of the reprisal attack ,the same am not in support of the jungle justice melted on the 4 boys

My question is do we have police men in rivers state?
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Mrkelvyn08(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
shocked shocked shocked 850,000.00 sealed lipz
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by belicov(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nottin will B̶̲̥̅̊
compensated to anione cuz wen ₫ student were been lynched no one tot it wise to call ₫ police
tocineworld:

http://www.ynaija.com/ticker-aluu-community-counts-its-losses-after-uniport-students-rampage-photo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
U civil servant u ought 2 shut ur dirty smelly mouth...u wt 2 tel me u did nt ear studets were burnin n roastin n u wt 2 tel me u dt av a ounce of flesh 2 stand up n resuce d innocent...
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by kaydibs(f): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy:

you guys know he is telling the truth but you rather hush him give his opinion a thought

I wish more people will look beyond sentiments and see down to the root of our problems in Nigeria undecided
It is far easier said than done have you heard? If God forbid this happened to your loved one then I know wat ur typing now will be different. Its not even abt d brutal way those boys were killed. Its d fact that dey were innocent so plz let's not form holier than thou and tell ourselves d truth. Uniport students are angry. Dey hav every right to be
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
As much as I condemn the barbaric killing of these four boys. It is rather disturbing that most of us, Nigerians, are no different from all those individuals who constituted that mob. [I couldn't bring myself to watch that video after seeing the pics, those of the mubi 40 and after an article, with pics, of more than 200 corpses on Mount Everest].

See all of you encouraging reprisal murders and arson. You are all doing exactly what the Aluu people did. People are rapped, killed and robbed in their community - they got angry (as you all are right now)...and they REACTED irrationally by lynching 4 people, who some reports have that they went to recover a debt by 5 am - with a gun. I remember somewhere on another thread where a NairaLander said his taxi driver, in Aluu, was murdered and his taxi stolen - not been found till this day.

Detach yourself from the horror of this case for a minute, if you support the destruction of lives and property in the Aluu community by UNIPORT students, then you will support the lynching of persons who you think are a menace in your imminent community. An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

SAY NO TO VIOLENCE. SAY NO MOB ACTION.

BTW, let's say you are in the office right now, would it be fair for the police to arrest you in the evening, because an armed robbery incident took place on your street?

If we can all unite as we did on this occasion and condemn the root causes of these kind of incidents, Nigeria will become a country to be envied.

4 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Horus(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Areaboy2(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
kay dibs:
It is far easier said than done have you heard? If God forbid this happened to your loved one then I know wat ur typing now will be different. Its not even abt d brutal way those boys were killed. Its d fact that dey were innocent so plz let's not form holier than thou and tell ourselves d truth. Uniport students are angry. Dey hav every right to be

What makes you sure they are innocent?? were you there?? dont stick your head in for what you dont know!!

Therefore it isn't about being innocent or not!!

So lets say they were guilty?? does that now make it ok?? you see how barbaric your mentality is?? angry
No wonder you are here to support the destruction of property and if anyone else is killed along side then that's ok too?? Then on sunday you will go to church!!!

Sick Sick Sick undecided

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
azpekuliar: In other news....

BOKO HARAM CONDEMNS ALUU KILLINGS...

Boko Haram has through its spokesman, Abu, has condemned in strong terms the killing of 4 students of the University of Portharcourt in Aluu Community. Describing the killings as barbaric and grossly inhumane. In the statement released today in Maiduguri and signed by the secretary of the sect, the sect commiserates with the families of the slain students, loved ones and authorities of the affected institution.
Continuing, he said: “We are, however, consoled by the directive of the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan that the perpatrators of this dastardly act shall be brought to book."...

boko.....
kettle calling pot black!
angry
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Goldieluks: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
Operation burn allu down! Those people are animals, to the extent that they have an 'execution ground'. Only God knows the number of innocent they must have executed. Barbaric nonentities. BURN ALLU DOWN!!! They believe in 'an eye for eye' therefore they should have a taste of it!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by ITbomb(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nigeria is one big Animal farm
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy:

What makes you sure they are innocent?? were you there?? dont stick your head in for what you dont know!!

So lets say they were guilty?? does that now make it ok?? you see how barbaric your mentality is?? angry
No wonder you are here to support the destruction of property and if anyone else is killed along side then that's ok too?? Then on sunday you will go to church!!!

Sick Sick Sick undecided

Thank you. This kind of thinking make him no different from the Aluu dudes.
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by sniperwolf(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: Hmmm...I guess two wrongs don't make a right.
Yes! Two wrongs don't make a right, but someone has to go down for that mob attack. Who has to go down? THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by gbanikiti(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

YES it is .. And thats because I am not emotionally blinded to whats right and whats wrong
okija juju! Please do me a favour and answer this simple question. Supposing one of the boys that was killed was your younger brother or your blood cousin, what would be your reaction?
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Areaboy2(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
Richfella: As much as I condemn the barbaric killing of these four boys. It is rather disturbing that most of us, Nigerians, are no different from all those individuals who constituted that mob. [I couldn't bring myself to watch that video after seeing the pics, those of the mubi 40 and after an article, with pics, of more than 200 corpses on Mount Everest].

See all of you encouraging reprisal murders and arson. You are all doing exactly what the Aluu people did. People are rapped, killed and robbed in their community - they got angry (as you all are right now)...and they REACTED irrationally by lynching 4 people, who some reports have that they went to recover a debt by 5 am - with a gun. I remember somewhere on another thread where a NairaLander said his taxi driver, in Aluu, was murdered and his taxi stolen - not been found till this day.

Detach yourself from the horror of this case for a minute, if you support the destruction of lives and property in the Aluu community by UNIPORT students, then you will support the lynching of persons who you think are a menace in your imminent community. An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

SAY NO TO VIOLENCE. SAY NO MOB ACTION.

BTW, let's say you are in the office right now, would it be fair for the police to arrest you in the evening, because an armed robbery incident took place on your street?

If we can all unite as we did on this occasion and condemn the root causes of these kind of incidents, Nigeria will become a country to be envied.

Great write up Rich!

we need more people thinking like this on NL and Nigeria as a whole

1 Like

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by phreakabit(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2012
[size=18pt]“I lost the sum of N850,000 cash, which I kept in my house. I could not take the money to the bank because I was not feeling okay and went to the hospital. It was at the hospital that I learnt that my house was burnt by the students.”[/size]

What lies! Bunch of lying, thieving bastards!

[size=18pt]One of them, who gave her name as Comfort, said she was relocating her children to Elele in Rivers State and would only return to Omuokiri Aluu whenever normalcy returns.[/size]

Funny they have value for the life of their children. undecided

2 Likes

Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by Goldieluks: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbanikiti: okija juju! Please do me a favour and answer this simple question. Supposing one of the boys that was killed was your younger brother or your blood cousin, what would be your reaction?

Am sure he would have written a 'thank you' note to allu community for exercising their human rights. Arrant nansense!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by caesaraba(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
See how quick we are to pronounce the students guilty of all the ills going on in that aluu community? Has it occured to anyone that those brutal, heartless savages that performed the execution of those students could in fact be the ones perpetrating acts such as robbery and rape in their own community? It's very easy to blame the neighbour's dog for the missing bone in your house!
Re: ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage by kaydibs(f): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
Area_boy:

Sick Sick Sick undecided
Bla! Bla!! Bla!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Ingesting 80 Pellets Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport (Photos) / Customs Officials Kill Rice Smugglers’ Informant In Jigawa / Two Nigerians Arrested In Fake Currency Scam In The UAE (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.