Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (16409 Views)

Does Love Exist Over The Net? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / Can 'Love' Exist Without Mutual Dependence and Commitments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2012
abifoluwa: shocked shocked mrs chima always come off as a mean person on Nland, but sometimes, when she post replies, she is always sweet.
na wa o
anytime i am at school, and i see a nigerian lady with her laptop, i always conclude that is mrs chima, hence i am always scared of saying shit to the lmao grin grin

Awwwwww. I got you shaking in your boots huh? tongue tongue tongue tongue Well, it is not surprising that some people mistake bluntness with being mean. But hey!

Don't worry I won't bite you....I am not in NIgeria. wink
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 9:13am On Oct 18, 2012
pendo89:

I love it.
Means that One's reaction to a particular situation will tell if it stems from jealousy or love.
As in, if one behaves in a disordely,unprotective and violent manner, just to get his message across,it's obvious what the root cause is.
thanks

You welcome dearie. kiss
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by troy20(m): 9:39am On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

so being insecure is NO more human nature?! lol some people out there are insecure BY NATURE, and there is nothing wrong with that. you are going around the subject being afraid to call a spade A SPADE.

abeg, leave God out of this matter, i am referring to relationship and nothing else.....as i said earlier, if you are jealous of your neighbour's new car, thats another matter, BUT, being jealous because your partner speaks to some opposite sex person is nothing more than insecurity......and ONE THING is for sure, jealousy has absolutely NOTHING to do with love, like the OP is trying to claim.
sori 2 say u lack depth of knowlegde with jelousy as a strong human emotion.evry human being have different forms of insecurities that is born out of our life experiences.its mainly a question of d degree of such insecurity.pple with bipolar disorder r usually in extreems of unstable emotions and they can b pritty difficult 2 deal with in relationships.but a healthy, 'Normal' relationship has 2 hav some jelousy.it is a strong subconscious human emotion even a God can't resist.
MRbrownJAY:

so being insecure is NO more human nature?! lol some people out there are insecure BY NATURE, and there is nothing wrong with that. you are going around the subject being afraid to call a spade A SPADE.

abeg, leave God out of this matter, i am referring to relationship and nothing else.....as i said earlier, if you are jealous of your neighbour's new car, thats another matter, BUT, being jealous because your partner speaks to some opposite sex person is nothing more than insecurity......and ONE THING is for sure, jealousy has absolutely NOTHING to do with love, like the OP is trying to claim.
sori 2 say u lack depth of knowlegde with jelousy as a strong human emotion.evry human being have different forms of insecurities that is born out of our life experiences.its mainly a question of d degree of such insecurity.pple with bipolar disorder r usually in extreems of unstable emotions and they can b pritty difficult 2 deal with in relationships.but a healthy, 'Normal' relationship has 2 hav some jelousy.it is a strong subconscious human emotion even a God can't resist.
MRbrownJAY:

Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 18, 2012
we are all here to learn so: Can any of the posters on this thread give me ONE example of jealousy in r/ship that is NOT insecurity? Just one!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY: we are all here to learn so: Can any of the posters on this thread give me ONE example of jealousy in r/ship that is NOT insecurity? Just one!

Lawd MBJ! You still debating?? You got your two extra points man! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2012
Lol, Mrs C you are still on this stuff? Let it go!
As for debates, is that not what NL is here for?!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by bebechuks: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2012
Jealous does not mean bitterness or resentment please my friends. In love it means insecurity,fear of d unknown. But outside love den u can say bitterness nd all.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY: Lol, Mrs C you are still on this stuff? Let it go!

Only when you let it go. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2012
^^^ Ok then, you girls won everything, and our individual GOLD is worthless, and only your individual SILVER and BRONZE matters....... Happy now?!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by MrsChima(f): 10:22am On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ Ok then, you girls won everything, and our individual GOLD is worthless, and only your individual SILVER and BRONZE matters....... Happy now?!

You are learning suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2012
I wonder what people think they are to say leave God out of this. He is the one instituted the first romantic relationship for goodness sake and he is very much aware all that goes on in man and woman relationships more than we know. Mr.jb if I may ask you, did you think that most of
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by goofie: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2012
jealousy is a part of human relationship that cannot be removed. d issue will be...how u deal with such feelings when dey surface.

even as children, we got jealous when our parents carried other babies. i did.

i bliv that whn u love someone and u see that person talking to someone else passionately..., feeling a bit jealous wont mean that u r insecure.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
^^^ what will it mean then, if not insecurity?

@Beync
Again, leave God out of this matter as it is irrelevant. Yes God created everything on Earth......and what has that got to do with people in r/ships being insecure when jealous?!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2012
I wonder what people think they are to say leave God out of this. He is the one instituted the first romantic relationship for goodness sake and he is very much aware all that goes on in man and woman relationships more than we know. if my neighbor is envious becos I becos I have good house, cars and properties, it is quite different becos it is not jealousy, it's covetousness or greed and insecurity. In relationship jealousy is not a crime when its born of of love to protect or guide against a rival in ur relationship.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Pennywise(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2012
Yes love can exist without jealousy if the romantic couple live in a world that is devoid of all other human beings.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by goofie: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2012
Pennywise: Yes love can exist without jealousy if the romantic couple live in a world that is devoid of all other human beings.

very witty
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 11:31am On Oct 18, 2012
goofie: jealousy is a part of human relationship that cannot be removed. d issue will be...how u deal with such feelings when dey surface.

even as children, we got jealous when our parents carried other babies. i did.

i bliv that whn u love someone and u see that person talking to someone else passionately..., feeling a bit jealous wont mean that u r insecure.
tank u very much. Does it mean u were insecure and become jealous becos ur mummy carried the other babies? no. It's natural that babies feel that way and we have come to grow with. there is always this attachment that exist between two persons who love themselves and one cannot pretend he or she don't care when ur partner is giving undue attention to a potential rival. @ Mr.jb, I don't mean to sound preachy but if there is any aspect of our living God is interested in, it's our relationships, I mean man and woman rltshp.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2012
Beync: In relationship jealousy is not a crime when its born of of love to protect or guide against a rival in ur relationship.

1) who said jealousy was a crime?
2) how does being JEALOUS equate to protect and guide against a rival?! BWAAAAAH! the fact that you are scared of some rival and want to "guide" your partner against them, is all we need to understand that this is a clear sign of INSECURITY.
3) the fact that you even call such lady a "rival", is a further point of the insecurities that are all part of YOU and your fears.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by PresidKing(m): 11:39am On Oct 18, 2012
Mrs. Chima,
I love your analogy,good stuff out there, Jealousy is good.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2012
Beync: tank u very much. Does it mean u were insecure and become jealous becos ur mummy carried the other babies? no. It's natural that babies feel that way and we have come to grow with. there is always this attachment that exist between two persons who love themselves and one cannot pretend he or she don't care when ur partner is giving undue attention to a potential rival. @ Mr.jb, I don't mean to sound preachy but if there is any aspect of our living God is interested in, it's our relationships, I mean man and woman rltshp.

Children are jealous for MANY different reasons A) because their young minds are not able to handle the attention that their parent give to another child B) because the bond that some have with their mothers is still very strong and therefore they are not ready to accept to let go C) because some crave attention and last but not least D) because that child doesnt have a strong self image of him/herself.....so as we know some of the specific reason why a child would be envious or jealous, pls GIVE ME THE SPECIFIC REASON WHY AN ADULT WOULD BE JEALOUS OF THEIR PARTNER (if not because of insecurity).......take your time.

i understand why most people in here dont want to be called insecure, but is that really a bad thing to be insecure in your r/ship?
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
troy20:

yet YOUR depth was to define why EVERYONE is somehow insecure, but not to show us all why jealousy is NOT insecurity, lol!
ok Einstein, let me educate you then: JEALOUSY is a strong subconscious human emotion, JUST LIKE INSECURITY, duh!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
MBJ darling please answer this question.
Have you ever been jealous in a relationship before?
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
tank you for acknowledging that there is this bond btw mothers and Children which makes it difficult for them to let go or detach from there mums.did u also note that as the child grows and now have a mind of his/ her own, now as an adult who is no longer attached to mummy, he is now attached to another person and this time, a loved one who now shares this same bond and attention which also make it difficult to let go and even become jealous when a partner try divert attention to another ? person
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
Beync: tank you for acknowledging that there is this bond btw mothers and Children which makes it difficult for them to let go or detach from there mums.did u also note that as the child grows and now have a mind of his/ her own, now as an adult who is no longer attached to mummy, he is now attached to another person and this time, a loved one who now shares this same bond and attention which also make it difficult to let go and even become jealous when a partner try divert attention to another ? person

clap for yourself, for giving us a great definition of life..... now look back at the REASONS why a child is envious/jealous, and tell us all if that IS the same reason why adults are jealous in their r/ships?! as for you comparing the bond a CHILD has with his parents, with the bond that people dating have, i hope that this was your joke of the day, so let me laugh BWAAAAAAAAH!

but here is a simple and very important clue for you: a child NEEDS his mother, and without that same mother a child CANNOT survive.......now process what i just wrote, and come tell me AGAIN that both are the same.

freecocoa: MBJ darling please answer this question.
Have you ever been jealous in a relationship before?

Honey, of course i have in the past (long time ago), but that is not the point is it?!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
I cant believe you have been jealous in ur life time, muhehe
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

Honey, of course i have in the past (long time ago), but that is not the point is it?!
Its not, just making sure you are human(lol), so you are basically saying insecurity can be outgrown or something.

P.S you didn't reply my mail.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^^^ of course jealousy/insecurity can be outgrown......when people finally get comfortable with their r/ship & partner, and understand that no matter how others try, their partner will remain loyal and faithful to their r/ship.....thats normally when they have no more ground to be jealous.

now there are some extremely insecure people out there who will be jealous regardless of what you do.....and these people need serious help!

i replied to your email, didnt i? although i still dont understand why you removed your pics on FB.

Beync: I cant believe you have been jealous in ur life time, muhehe

lol, am i not human?!
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by goofie: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

clap for yourself, for giving us a great definition of life..... now look back at the REASONS why a child is envious/jealous, and tell us all if that IS the same reason why adults are jealous in their r/ships?! as for you comparing the bond a CHILD has with his parents, with the bond that people dating have, i hope that this was your joke of the day, so let me laugh BWAAAAAAAAH!

but here is a simple and very important clue for you: a child NEEDS his mother, and without that same mother a child CANNOT survive.......now process what i just wrote, and come tell me AGAIN that both are the same.

am sure u r not saying that u never ever feel a pang of jealousy at least once in a blue moon?

i dont jealousy is only out of insecurity. bt i cnt seem to put finger to keyboard abt any other reason ryt now
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by freecocoa(f): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ of course jealousy/insecurity can be outgrown......when people finally get comfortable with their r/ship & partner, and understand that no matter how others try, their partner will remain loyal and faithful to their r/ship.....thats normally when they have no more ground to be jealous.

now there are some extremely insecure people out there who will be jealous regardless of what you do.....and these people need serious help!

i replied to your email, didnt i? although i still dont understand why you removed your pics on FB.

Oh well, if its only as easy as you make it sound but I get your point now.
You didn't reply my last email and I told you why there, anyways maybe I'll send you another email later if you okay it.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
goofie: am sure u r not saying that u never ever feel a pang of jealousy at least once in a blue moon?

i dont jealousy is only out of insecurity. bt i cnt seem to put finger to keyboard abt any other reason ryt now

I am not the jealous/insecure type, because i never put in my mind that my girl is going to do anything wrong, and if she ever does, then thats her loss, not mine. life is too beautiful/precious to be worrying about BS like that. if a person decide that they dont want to respect the r/ship that you guys have then walk away in due time, but dont STRESS yourself for no damn reason!

btw you do know that some people die due to ulcers, and that the main reason for having them is STRESS?!

the reason why you cant find any other reasons for jealousy, is because there aint any, lol!

freecocoa: Oh well, if its only as easy as you make it sound but I get your point now.
You didn't reply my last email and I told you why there, anyways maybe I'll send you another email later if you okay it.

i just did, my bad.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Beync(f): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
the fact that you are a human makes impossible to rule out jealousy completey. The percentage may be negligible but not zero. Too much of jealousy could become a problem and unhealthy thou.
Re: Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? by Leemak: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
every sensible lady likes her boyfriend or husband to be jealous of her because dt is when she wil feel more important to him......but too much jealousness is not ok!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shares The Content Of Her DM With A Guy On Twitter / Share Your Missed Sex Opportunities! Did You Regret It? / How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.