Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (33650 Views)

The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Topeedo: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
mitchyy: Breakups can be a very difficult experience. You’re crying, confused, and your heart feels like it’s in a million pieces. It’s not called heartbreak for nothing. But learn to let it go. The world has something better in store for you. But while you’re waiting here are 9 things you shouldn't do after a breakup.

Ready to hear them? Cool, let's go

#1. Don't Stalk him/her
You're way too smart to stalk him or her physically after your breakup. Of course you are...BUT...on social media? That's tempting. Facebook, Twitter, BBM(blackberry messenger), instagram, his/her blog. Never! Do you really want to torture yourself with each new female friend he adds and see cute little comments from babes/guys you know were interested in him/her in the past? You don't need to know where he or she's going or who he or she's going with. It hurts. Move on.

#2. Don't Stay friends
There is no way you can remain friends with an ex if you still have feelings for him. You can eventually be friends but not immediately after a breakup. Haba! Give yourself some time. Remaining friends only gives him/her permission to treat you like crap while he/she borrows money from you, has occasional sex with you when he can’t find anyone else, and sometimes lean on you for emotional support when he has a bad day! Accept the truth. He’s not going to change his mind and realize breaking up with you was a bad idea. He’s just going to use you until he finds someone to take your place. So please, DO NOT stay friends with him for now!

#3. Do not Isolate yourself
You're way too fabulous and amazing to be shut-in. Do not stay cooped inside your room all day with the blinds shut. You'll do yourself more harm than good. Get out! Go to the beach on its busiest days. (We have so many in Nigeria, especially in lagos). Attend events, not those emotional stage plays. Take some risks! Meet with some of your crazy energetic friends at the club. Wear red lipstick and some killer stillettos and work it because you can.

#4. Don't waste energy on revenge
Revenge is utter crap. Don't get even. Get over it.

#5. Do not tell "your story" to everyone
Almost everyone falls victim to this. Hold back. Don't tell everybody how you've been wronged. Boooooooooring! Save it. The longer you hold on to "your story" and keep soliciting sympathy, the longer it will take you to move forward...and we don't want your friends to dump you, too. (That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to someone about it. The emphasis here is telling 'EVERYONE').

#6. Don't be "on the hunt"
Don't jump on the relationship bandwagon too soon. Contrary to the general belief, the best way to get over a guy/lady is not to date another one immediately. Take your time. Enjoy your new Freedom.

#7. Do not listen to 'Adele - Someone like you' on repeat
I guess that's self-explanatory.

#8. Don’t think your Facebook page is going to convince him to come back
I have a friend who made up a boyfriend just to make her ex jealous. She changed her status, her photos, she changed her BBM display picture and Facebook profile picture to her and a hot dude hugging tightly. But what did the ex think? When i asked him, i discovered he didn't even notice. So, yes, in most cases, it doesn't work.

#9. Do not turn to alcohol
Drowning our sorrows in bottles of beer can sometimes seem pretty appealing. The chances are, you’ll get drunk and then make one or more of the other mistakes on this list.

Know someone going through a heartbreak? Please share with them

http://www.gistville.com/2012/10/breakups-9-things-you-should-never-ever-do-after/
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by abiL(f): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
MR MICKMEN:
ya love is foolish,in my opinion

Who asked for your opinion? Mind your business abeg!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by abiL(f): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
passionate88: u don dey wan form like one kim k ba?..

Shey o wa okay?

Gbe bo run limited
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by blood1(f): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
Adeks: Did i see some guys saying they 'cried'? i won't shed no tears 4 no girl meehn. though it hurts o, but to cry? no be me tufia

Relax jor! Na guys like you dey cry pass!!!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Topeedo: THIS ARTICLE IS MOST LIKELY WRITTEN BY A WOMAN JOR...NA UNA SABI

Its meant for both genders. Shine your eyes and read it well jor
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by blood1(f): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: I have had 15 brkups and am still standing strong...no alchol,no sex,no sh...it.....in a world of 3.5billion milk shakes who cares

15 Guy! You must be a serial heart-breaker! Abi na dem gurls dey pass your heart thru blender? you must be a strong man to have survived thus far, but is the problem from the barber or from the knife? You need to check yourself ooo.... lol
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Buchianom(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lovely article,dis is goin to help me out cos I am experiencing one @ d moment.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ezzye: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Word of advice: listen to "NO LOVE" by eminem.....i bet u wld b reborn and ur heart will be fixed! I mean i was "bedridden" 4 days after my 2nd HB but d instant i listened to that song...there was this sudden burst of energy, i got out of bed and resumed LIFE again cheesy
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by bobolekepee(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
Heartbreaker by mariah carey
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by badlaw(f): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
d first and workable solution is to grap ur keypad delete all pix,block him/her in any other contact and do away his/her name.an exprience show it is d best way.though u can still remba him/her but u find out u dat u r not trying to remba someone u don't no b4
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Adeks(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
ßløøð:
Hahaha! i laff in ur name... U hv 2 be smart in a relationship. dis entails 1. knowin wen ur partner is shakin, 2. c-ing if d prob. cn be fixd 3. if nt, walkin away. I brk-up wit girls amicably, apologz 4 my shtcominz & delete their nos n fb contcts (dey end up requestin me again). BTW: close to 10yrs since i last shed tears
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Adeks(m): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
ßløøð:
Like i said, it's always hard, but part of maturity is letting go @ d right time. I know as humans we r emotional beings, bt i don't let emotions control me; and i also help dem get over me cos i know it may be hard 4 dem too. In d end, dey respect me. PS: I'm still friends wit all ma ex-es till today. *IDon'tShedTearsOk?
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by dammyking1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
Luv no 7. Gurls luv dat song because dy knw it has happened 2 dem b4.#fact
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Karleb(m): 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
Wao what a awesome thread i tink i will put it into practice after breaking up with dis one
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Heliesha: 1:20am On Oct 31, 2012
R2bees: yawn!!!! Wait o, adele-some one like u, LWKMD
abeg is it only adele we should not listen too what about Asa-bibanke,fergie-big girls dnt cry and not the girl.men if u want to stop listen to adele u ave to stop many music as wel,because of hrt brk.Abegi
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Slytacus(m): 6:18am On Oct 31, 2012
9ice thread!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by WhyAWhy(m): 8:54am On Oct 31, 2012
[size=15pt]Stack this playlist on LOOP
1. I will survive by gloria gaynor
2. Survivor by Destiny's Child
3. Someone Like you by Adele
4. Game is Over by Psquare
5. Love is Wicked - Brick and Lace

By the time you're done you'd be on cloud -9 grin grin grin[/size]
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by EyesWideOpen(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
horlajide: No. 7 made me crack up tho!

@ OP just in case you're contemplating another thread on "9 things you MUST do after a breakup" state No. 7 like this
7 - Make sure Taylors Swift's Never Getting back together is on repeat!!!!!
Crazy as5 nigga! ...... How do you know that? I DID IT ALOT!!!!

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by iykmora(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
The simple remedy for any break-up is simple. Just listen to Whitney's
♫ ♪ 'I will always love you' ♪♫
and you will feel so much better walahi
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by komek(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
deelicious:

Very bad advice...Hating only affects the hater. The person being hated is most times blissfully oblivious so don't pollute urself with such.
Move on, u'll be fine.
i
I did it and it wrked for me u hear? You can make her ur friend when the wound is healed. But for now, hate am.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ceejay80s(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Andyblaze: Perceive not passive
point of correction, na pigeon english i speak, all spelling in pigeon is correct
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
iykmora: The simple remedy for any break-up is simple. Just listen to Whitney's
♫ ♪ 'I will always love you' ♪♫
and you will feel so much better walahi

You're mean walahi
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by lipsyliscious: 2:38am On Nov 06, 2012
Dis thread reminds of d silly tinz I did wen I had my 1st n only heartbreak.I rememba 1 day I was eating @ a skul restaurant wen he came in with anoda girl,I was so affected,pissed n jealous.I lost my appetite n ended up wasting d food I ordered instead I drank 3 bottles of fanta until d girl selling started lecturing me on sugar! Wen I got myself 2geda I went ova 2 his oda male friend n we chatted 4 a while.I later realised how foolish I was n decided 2 get d old me back. I was so obsessed,if given d opportunity I probably would have stalked him and d worst part was dat both of us had lectures @ d same place n I had 2 c him lyk twice a week. It took me a while 2 blieve I am beta dan dat. I changed d way I dressed,went 4 sexier tinz,bcame more outspoken n popular in class and it made fEel so good each time his good friends would compliment me n my new found confidence n happiness made me act so indifferent in his presence. I am friends with most of his friends n I would just talk 2 dem as if he were not existing and I didn't care weda he was affected or not. I just told myself my fada brot me here 2 study not 2 cry ova 1 jackass.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ezzye: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=lipsyliscious]Dis thread reminds of d silly tinz I did wen I had my 1st n only heartbreak.I rememba 1 day I was eating @ a skul restaurant wen he came in with anoda girl,I was so affected,pissed n jealous.I lost my appetite n ended up wasting d food I ordered instead I drank 3 bottles of fanta until d girl selling started lecturing me on sugar! Wen I got myself 2geda I went ova 2 his oda male friend n we chatted 4 a while.I later realised how foolish I was n decided 2 get d old me back. I was so obsessed,if given d opportunity I probably would have stalked him and d worst part was dat both of us had lectures @ d same place n I had 2 c him lyk twice a week. It took me a while 2 blieve I am beta dan dat. I changed d way I dressed,went 4 sexier tinz,bcame more outspoken n popular in class and it made fEel so good each time his good friends would compliment me n my new found confidence n happiness made me act so indifferent in his presence. I am friends with most of his friends n I would just talk 2 dem as if he were not existing and I didn't care weda he was affected or not. I just told myself my fada brot me here 2 study not 2 cry ova 1 jackass. [/quote)]
yeah ryt, outside u put up a show of confidence, but u dint tell us wat goes on in ur room, how u wet ur pillow evry9t with nonstop tears (lol)
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by dammyfine: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Buchiano(m):
Lovely article,dis is goin to help me out cos I am experiencing one @ d moment.
Me too dear
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by lipsyliscious: 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
[quote author=ezzy-e][/quote]dat was den while I was going thru d heartbreak,wen I got dat confidence n happiness back I not only acted indifferent I bcame indifferent 2wards him,d 1st week was an act even tho I wasn't crying I secretly wished he would call n say he was so sorry bla bla bla... Bt by d 2nd week I was lyk so over him n right now I wonder wat I saw in him in d 1st place,I still chat with some of his friends n my friendship with some of his friends are genuine unlike dat 1st week wen I was talking 2 dem so he would c I've moved on
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by timiamoo(f): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Adele's some1 lik u z really emotional..nt too gud for pipu hu re heart broken..
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Olugbenger(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
timi amoo: Adele's some1 lik u z really emotional..nt too gud for pipu hu re heart broken..

Yea. it's my favourite. wink

It's either you move on, or stay back with that song. grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Youngpo413: 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
sweetcheecks:

1. IGNORE HIM/HER

2. DON'T GIVE A DA*MN ( IF YOU DO FAKE IT AS IF U DON'T)

3. GYM, GYM, GYM

4. CHANGE WARDROBE

5. GO OUT HAVE FUN

6. FLIRT, FLIRT, FLIRT BUT DO NOT START A NEW RELATSHP YET ( ITS TOO EARLY)

7. CRY ONLY WHEN YOU ARE ALONE IN BED ( IF YOU NEED TO)

8. DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO AVOID HIM/ HER ( JUST ACT INDIFFERENT IF YOU SEE HIM/ HER, NOT HAPPY, NOT ANGRY)

9. LOVE AGAIN ( BUT HE WILL NEVER STOP WANTING YOU BACK)

XOXO tongue wink

Nice
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Youngpo413: 5:24am On Jul 07, 2014
deelicious:

Hi FIVE girl!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

On a serious note though,getting to this stage wasn't easy at all,I cant thank God enough for seeing me through the break-up of an engagement/relationship which we had for years. But now I'm having the time of my life, socially, professionally and in every way. My self-confidence now is amazing and generally just a happy child. Word of advice (for the serious ones and not the jokers who jump in and out of casual relationships), dont let bitterness rule you, find solace in God..the process might seem slow but trust him, he'll do a complete job from the inside out. Move on from the blame game. Accept your part in contributing to what happened and LEARN from it so u can be better for the next person. Accept that everything happens for a reason and whatever doesnt kill u makes u stronger and better like refined GOLD...

Will post more if anything else comes up. Take care of yourselves.

wow amazing!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Ukprosper: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Has A Child For Someone But Wants Me To Marry Her. Help / Funke Akindele Dabbing On The Street Of London (pics And Videos) / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.