Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (33653 Views)

The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by lastpage: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Orikinla: [size=18pt]You forgot to add:

DON'T LIVE IN DENIAL IF YOU ARE GUILTY OF CAUSING THE BREAK UP LIKE CHEATING OR HARMING YOUR PARTNER.
REPENT AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS AND RECONCILE INSTEAD OF LIVING WITH THE STIGMA AND TRAUMA OF YOUR GUILT FOR LIFE.

Chris Brown and Rihanna are good example of how to make up after a break up.[/size]

Best comment so far!
Honesty matters in a relationship, and even more, after it crashes! ....at least, "To yourself, BE TRUE!

BTW: This post referred to the cause of the breakup "as the MALE"!
Why assume its men that cause breakups?
Just shows the "mindset" of the Poster sha.

Lastpage!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by born2boink(m): 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
yemi2plus2:
"wat i done" WTF.. This ur english na die
I speak pidgin and not english, yeye mugu
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ndidibabe(f): 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, never listen to Adele's 'Someone like you' but Eamon's 'Don't want you back'

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by passionate88: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
abiL:

I remember when I used to cry me a river whilst listening to Adele non-stop.

Thank God I can look back now and laugh at my foôlishness.
true confession... Nice
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by iykmora(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
Crap!!!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ceejay80s(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wetin i find enter dis thread sef? Na so so lipstick and sanitary pad i dey passive here! "Waka pass,trip and fall,lose 2 teeth"

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
ceejay80s: Wetin i find enter dis thread sef? Na so so lipstick and sanitary pad i dey passive here! "Waka pass,trip and fall,lose 2 teeth"
very dry.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Kenistry(m): 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=mejai]Well, I advice after break-up, grab ur keypad and log on 2 nairaland.com. Search for any crazy topic and join us. Look for e-tribal war. By d time u r tru, u might seek revenge like boko boys undecided[/quote grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by bolakale30(m): 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella:
very dry.

Why u just comot 4 our bar like that, come back joor
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by moodswing(m): 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
Fortunately, I happen to always look forward to breaking up just so I can jump on a fresh plate.

Breaking up is the best thing that could happen to a single guy in a relationship. Except u want to marry the delilah/witch.

As long as you are single, ride it hard.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by EzePromoe: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
mitchyy: Breakups can be a very difficult experience. You’re crying, confused, and your heart feels like it’s in a million pieces. It’s not called heartbreak for nothing. But learn to let it go. The world has something better in store for you. But while you’re waiting here are 9 things you shouldn't do after a breakup.

Ready to hear them? Cool, let's go

#1. Don't Stalk him/her
You're way too smart to stalk him or her physically after your breakup. Of course you are...BUT...on social media? That's tempting. Facebook, Twitter, BBM(blackberry messenger), instagram, his/her blog. Never! Do you really want to torture yourself with each new female friend he adds and see cute little comments from babes/guys you know were interested in him/her in the past? You don't need to know where he or she's going or who he or she's going with. It hurts. Move on.

#2. Don't Stay friends
There is no way you can remain friends with an ex if you still have feelings for him. You can eventually be friends but not immediately after a breakup. Haba! Give yourself some time. Remaining friends only gives him/her permission to treat you like crap while he/she borrows money from you, has occasional sex with you when he can’t find anyone else, and sometimes lean on you for emotional support when he has a bad day! Accept the truth. He’s not going to change his mind and realize breaking up with you was a bad idea. He’s just going to use you until he finds someone to take your place. So please, DO NOT stay friends with him for now!

#3. Do not Isolate yourself
You're way too fabulous and amazing to be shut-in. Do not stay cooped inside your room all day with the blinds shut. You'll do yourself more harm than good. Get out! Go to the beach on its busiest days. (We have so many in Nigeria, especially in lagos). Attend events, not those emotional stage plays. Take some risks! Meet with some of your crazy energetic friends at the club. Wear red lipstick and some killer stillettos and work it because you can.

#4. Don't waste energy on revenge
Revenge is utter crap. Don't get even. Get over it.

#5. Do not tell "your story" to everyone
Almost everyone falls victim to this. Hold back. Don't tell everybody how you've been wronged. Boooooooooring! Save it. The longer you hold on to "your story" and keep soliciting sympathy, the longer it will take you to move forward...and we don't want your friends to dump you, too. (That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to someone about it. The emphasis here is telling 'EVERYONE').

#6. Don't be "on the hunt"
Don't jump on the relationship bandwagon too soon. Contrary to the general belief, the best way to get over a guy/lady is not to date another one immediately. Take your time. Enjoy your new Freedom.

#7. Do not listen to 'Adele - Someone like you' on repeat
I guess that's self-explanatory.

#8. Don’t think your Facebook page is going to convince him to come back
I have a friend who made up a boyfriend just to make her ex jealous. She changed her status, her photos, she changed her BBM display picture and Facebook profile picture to her and a hot dude hugging tightly. But what did the ex think? When i asked him, i discovered he didn't even notice. So, yes, in most cases, it doesn't work.

#9. Do not turn to alcohol
Drowning our sorrows in bottles of beer can sometimes seem pretty appealing. The chances are, you’ll get drunk and then make one or more of the other mistakes on this list.

Know someone going through a heartbreak? Please share with them

http://www.gistville.com/2012/10/breakups-9-things-you-should-never-ever-do-after/
ndala: u made me remember my ex now crying cry cry
That's why number 10 should be, 'don't read write up like this so that you don't have a flashback. When you come across the topic, just bleep da f*ck and move onto the next one'
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
abiL:

Are you my dad?

Mtcheeew

be nice,

Im your uncle 190 wink
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Adeks(m): 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Did i see some guys saying they 'cried'? i won't shed no tears 4 no girl meehn. though it hurts o, but to cry? no be me tufia
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
ceejay80s: Wetin i find enter dis thread sef? Na so so lipstick and sanitary pad i dey passive here! "Waka pass,trip and fall,lose 2 teeth"

grin grin grin

dont mind my number 1 wife itsamodelle - i know say she get more points to add
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by abiL(f): 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
190-the-clown:

be nice,

Im your uncle 190 wink

You bloödy wish! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Born2phuck you dey crace!!

Didnt you get my message link on facebook yesterday
abi you wan chop KNOCK angry angry
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
abiL:

You bloödy wish! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

we'll continue this battle sometime else,

off to brush and shower for the nite smiley
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by milky3(f): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
berem: "Yawns" abeg make I go sleep before I break pesin head this night!
thk God say na head u wan break not pesin heart! grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by milky3(f): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
berem: "Yawns" abeg make I go sleep before I break pesin head this night!
thk God say na head u wan break not pesin heart! grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by kcstyle40(m): 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah
i do not laugh cuz of what people comment here rather i laugh cuz of what who ever wants to make me her ex will go tru.
Am not a man to be called an EX.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by speak2leo(m): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
grin
Eminem & Lil Wayne- No Love on d replay!!
No Love lost, No love found...

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Andyblaze: 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Perceive not passive
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by obowunmi(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
abiL:

Hahaha cheesy

What's funny love?
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by obowunmi(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
190-the-clown:

its not my intention to break your heart any time soon
and stop talking to that omawumi dude undecided

Wetin I con do you na - why you dey spoil my show? AbiL is my baby.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by VirginFinder: 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
born2fuck: 1. going to club to see different girls every time or seeing different boobs swags or girls in mini at motel
2.Drinking alcohol every night, include cigarette while listening to musics
3. Ensure you sleep with different girls every weekend
4. If you can go on with weed, that won't dull your spirit but if you cannot smoke weed, add it to tea and take it like agamazinga

Please accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and personal saviour and experience life and peace.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Virgin Finder:

Please accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and personal saviour and experience life and peace.
lmaoooo...and this is coming from someone whose name is Virgin Finder.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella:

ROTFL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by oluomad(m): 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
cosmatika: Wow, dis is d best thread I'v seen on NL dat affects me directly. I wz a victim to all d 9. But I later blocked her frm all my social networking sites. But d thing is, it's almost 2yrs now she left and I still feel uncomfortable weneva I see ha. And d big prob is dat she's my coursemate and we still hav lyk 2yrs to leave d medical skl so I still see ha everyday in class and clinic. undecided
your case required special attention
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by VirginFinder: 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella:

What is wrong with that?

I have good intentions.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by born2boink(m): 11:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
Virgin Finder:

only 3 thinggs are sin to me and which are Do not rape, Do not steal and do not kill
....If I Bleep ashawo, na negotiaon and I own my dick and she agree with her pussy for money, if drink and smoke, ne me get my mouth and it does not have effect on anyone else
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mediainspired: 12:00am On Oct 30, 2012
@Poster, u forgot to add that in looking for a new mate, after ur relationship-free period, DON'T GET A REBOUND GUY/BABE OR SOMEONE THAT REMINDS U OF HIM/HER. It's a good time to step up the ante & pick a better mate than he/she eva was, cos u'll suddenly realize u were too good for him/her &had only been pricing urself cheap all d while. But dat is wen U were not d guilty party, in which case karma awaits u somehow, somewhere, someday. It's pity most dont realise how true dis is. If d more xperienced ones wuld be sincere wit demselves, dey'll tell d young &restless serial heartbreakers: 'I remember, I remember...& I wish, I wish' Esp in relatnships were sumone gave his all for years, & d other thot he/she was a smartie

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2012
promire2004: Nice thread poster....*thumbs up*
Thanks dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Dabbing On The Street Of London (pics And Videos) / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me / How To Know If You Have A Healthy Semen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.