Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (33652 Views)

The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 7:47am On Oct 30, 2012
ekeneobih: i just had my heart broken by a close dear...but this write have really helped me a lot by putting me through on what not to do...bravoooo cheesy
That's the spirit. You'll be fine
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2012
Omogbhollahorn: #7. Do not listen to 'Adele -
Someone like you' on repeat
I guess that's self-explanatory.
You so funny i guess ur female fwends made u c diz point
Nahh. I know what that song does to me even though I'm not experiencing a heartbreak at the moment. Its better to make Adele and other Adele-like singers your enemy during that period.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by EXCELLENCEAbia: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: I have had 15 brkups and am still standing strong...no alchol,no sex,no sh...it.....in a world of 3.5billion milk shakes who cares
don't be angry but at what age?
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Donmichaelz(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2012
.5#dont also listen to p-square,no 1 b lyk u.u should listen to 2pac,eminem....their song dnt make u soft but stronger just like Akpu..5#dont also listen to p-square,no 1 b lyk u.u should listen to 2pac,eminem....their song dnt make u soft but stronger just like Akpu..5#dont also listen to p-square,no 1 b lyk u.u should listen to 2pac,eminem....their song dnt make u soft but stronger just like Akpu.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Sharingan: 8:18am On Oct 30, 2012
speak2leo: grin
Eminem & Lil Wayne- No Love on d replay!!
No Love lost, No love found...
hell YEAH!!! grin
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2012
caseless: Breakup? The worst form of heartbreak for me is when i'm barred or prevented from accessing the pothole in between her legs...and that's followed by a breakup from me...shap-shap. Op, number 11.call d police whenever u see her to refund ur money, since there was no return on investment.
Is that what a relationship is to you? I pity her sha
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by agitator: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2012
mitchyy:
#2. Don't Stay friends
There is no way you can remain friends with an ex if you still have feelings for him. You can eventually be friends but not immediately after a breakup. Haba! Give yourself some time. Remaining friends only gives him/her permission to treat you like crap while he/she borrows money from you, has occasional sex with you when he can’t find anyone else, and sometimes lean on you for emotional support when he has a bad day! Accept the truth. He’s not going to change his mind and realize breaking up with you was a bad idea. He’s just going to use you until he finds someone to take your place. So please, DO NOT stay friends with him for now!

This write up is lopsided in favour of ladies.

Anyway, on a side note she separated and later asked to be friends. Who am I to say no with the fringe benefits that comes with it? undecided undecided undecided

At least I am sure of yanshing anytime. wink wink wink
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by temizt: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2012
No. 7 is so on point...
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by luchilite(f): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2012
no 7 : i sing it dis way 'never mind i find someone better dan u i wish nothing but d best for u to....... just 4get me i'll never rememember u instead...
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Boycott: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2012
M M M: Go 2 a motel & carry 2 ashawo day break tongue
Men I \support u wit 12bottles of stout on dat.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Boycott: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: I have had 15 brkups and am still standing strong...no alchol,no sex,no sh...it.....in a world of 3.5billion milk shakes who cares
Men ur heart must b more dan Abacha's own, I suggest u join de force.>
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by sweetcheecks(f): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju: 9 things you must do after a break up...

1. IGNORE HIM/HER

2. DON'T GIVE A DA*MN ( IF YOU DO FAKE IT AS IF U DON'T)

3. GYM, GYM, GYM

4. CHANGE WARDROBE

5. GO OUT HAVE FUN

6. FLIRT, FLIRT, FLIRT BUT DO NOT START A NEW RELATSHP YET ( ITS TOO EARLY)

7. CRY ONLY WHEN YOU ARE ALONE IN BED ( IF YOU NEED TO)

8. DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO AVOID HIM/ HER ( JUST ACT INDIFFERENT IF YOU SEE HIM/ HER, NOT HAPPY, NOT ANGRY)

9. LOVE AGAIN ( BUT HE WILL NEVER STOP WANTING YOU BACK)

XOXO tongue wink
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by teezlycrest(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
bolakale30:

Why u just comot 4 our bar like that, come back joor
Have u finished cleaning the bar? Remember 2 wash d table cloths and napkins
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by deelicious: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2012
sweetcheecks:

1. IGNORE HIM/HER

2. DON'T GIVE A DA*MN ( IF YOU DO FAKE IT AS IF U DON'T)

3. GYM, GYM, GYM

4. CHANGE WARDROBE

5. GO OUT HAVE FUN

6. FLIRT, FLIRT, FLIRT BUT DO NOT START A NEW RELATSHP YET ( ITS TOO EARLY)

7. CRY ONLY WHEN YOU ARE ALONE IN BED ( IF YOU NEED TO)

8. DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO AVOID HIM/ HER ( JUST ACT INDIFFERENT IF YOU SEE HIM/ HER, NOT HAPPY, NOT ANGRY)

9. LOVE AGAIN ( BUT HE WILL NEVER STOP WANTING YOU BACK)

XOXO tongue wink

Hi FIVE girl!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

On a serious note though,getting to this stage wasn't easy at all,I cant thank God enough for seeing me through the break-up of an engagement/relationship which we had for years. But now I'm having the time of my life, socially, professionally and in every way. My self-confidence now is amazing and generally just a happy child. Word of advice (for the serious ones and not the jokers who jump in and out of casual relationships), dont let bitterness rule you, find solace in God..the process might seem slow but trust him, he'll do a complete job from the inside out. Move on from the blame game. Accept your part in contributing to what happened and LEARN from it so u can be better for the next person. Accept that everything happens for a reason and whatever doesnt kill u makes u stronger and better like refined GOLD...

Will post more if anything else comes up. Take care of yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by deelicious: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2012
komek:
Bros I pity and feel for you, I undastand what u are going through right now. Just Ignore her and don't look her way again. Try and see the ugly part of that relationship and develop serious hatred for her, it will work. Cos it happened to me at a time too.

Very bad advice...Hating only affects the hater. The person being hated is most times blissfully oblivious so don't pollute urself with such.
Move on, u'll be fine.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by cutejoe1(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2012
merciie: Wow! No.7 so on point.........I remember singin along, shedding hot tears and wallowing in self pity. Gone are those days...Big girls don't cry♪♪
Belive me big gurls cry most
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by goofie: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2012
i listened to Everly brothers after my 6yr relationship. i cried a lot and in 2mnths, i hd even 4gotten his bday.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Koolking(m): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2012
mitchyy: Breakups can be a very difficult experience. You’re crying, confused, and your heart feels like it’s in a million pieces. It’s not called heartbreak for nothing. But learn to let it go. The world has something better in store for you. But while you’re waiting here are 9 things you shouldn't do after a breakup.

Ready to hear them? Cool, let's go

#1. Don't Stalk him/her
You're way too smart to stalk him or her physically after your breakup. Of course you are...BUT...on social media? That's tempting. Facebook, Twitter, BBM(blackberry messenger), instagram, his/her blog. Never! Do you really want to torture yourself with each new female friend he adds and see cute little comments from babes/guys you know were interested in him/her in the past? You don't need to know where he or she's going or who he or she's going with. It hurts. Move on.

#2. Don't Stay friends
There is no way you can remain friends with an ex if you still have feelings for him. You can eventually be friends but not immediately after a breakup. Haba! Give yourself some time. Remaining friends only gives him/her permission to treat you like crap while he/she borrows money from you, has occasional sex with you when he can’t find anyone else, and sometimes lean on you for emotional support when he has a bad day! Accept the truth. He’s not going to change his mind and realize breaking up with you was a bad idea. He’s just going to use you until he finds someone to take your place. So please, DO NOT stay friends with him for now!

#3. Do not Isolate yourself
You're way too fabulous and amazing to be shut-in. Do not stay cooped inside your room all day with the blinds shut. You'll do yourself more harm than good. Get out! Go to the beach on its busiest days. (We have so many in Nigeria, especially in lagos). Attend events, not those emotional stage plays. Take some risks! Meet with some of your crazy energetic friends at the club. Wear red lipstick and some killer stillettos and work it because you can.

#4. Don't waste energy on revenge
Revenge is utter crap. Don't get even. Get over it.

#5. Do not tell "your story" to everyone
Almost everyone falls victim to this. Hold back. Don't tell everybody how you've been wronged. Boooooooooring! Save it. The longer you hold on to "your story" and keep soliciting sympathy, the longer it will take you to move forward...and we don't want your friends to dump you, too. (That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to someone about it. The emphasis here is telling 'EVERYONE').

#6. Don't be "on the hunt"
Don't jump on the relationship bandwagon too soon. Contrary to the general belief, the best way to get over a guy/lady is not to date another one immediately. Take your time. Enjoy your new Freedom.

#7. Do not listen to 'Adele - Someone like you' on repeat
I guess that's self-explanatory.

#8. Don’t think your Facebook page is going to convince him to come back
I have a friend who made up a boyfriend just to make her ex jealous. She changed her status, her photos, she changed her BBM display picture and Facebook profile picture to her and a hot dude hugging tightly. But what did the ex think? When i asked him, i discovered he didn't even notice. So, yes, in most cases, it doesn't work.

#9. Do not turn to alcohol
Drowning our sorrows in bottles of beer can sometimes seem pretty appealing. The chances are, you’ll get drunk and then make one or more of the other mistakes on this list.

Know someone going through a heartbreak? Please share with them

http://www.gistville.com/2012/10/breakups-9-things-you-should-never-ever-do-after/

Hey Mitchyy, thanks a lot. I have been practically listening to Adele "Don't you remember". The song gives me memories too beautiful to realise she is gone. It's been difficult accepting she was a shadow in my life. Thank you for these tips.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by abugbe(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2012
adele means 'dem say' in my language. Menh tankz for dis piece of Writin. GOD Bless
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2012
Koolking:

Hey Mitchyy, thanks a lot. I have been practically listening to Adele "Don't you remember". The song gives me memories too beautiful to realise she is gone. It's been difficult accepting she was a shadow in my life. Thank you for these tips.

I'm glad it helped. You'll be fine. *hugs*
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Koolking(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2012
born2fuck: I Love This Comment die, this is exactly what I done at my own time

After the entire orgy what happens? The memory of what you shared with your ex returns
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by promire2004(f): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2012
mitchyy:
Thanks dear

U're welcome.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by megxo(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2012
dont listen 2 tuface's "rainbow" too
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Dahbutter(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2012
binger: 10.Do not go on a fvcking spree...yanshing random guys and girls won't heal u faster

How R u sure? Hav u tried it? Abeg no come hia come burn we cable o. Babes, yashing a new guy helps a lot jor cheesy
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Koolking(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2012
mitchyy:

I'm glad it helped. You'll be fine. *hugs*

You are a great person *hugs*.

Pls, more tips are welcome. It's been over a month now, I still find myself yearning for her. Feeling incomplete and empty. You can email me pls
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by wisemikky(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nice list, it wasnt easy for me initially but with time I found out she wasnt what i wanted in life.
i dont give a rat's butt what she does or where she is right now, cudnt be bothered abeg. way more important
things to do and achieve. cheesy
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by zikaengee(f): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ poster, thank u for listing all the points.
Anybody that is going through a heartbreak should
make use of those list,especially No1 and No 2.
it helped me to move on after a break-up(4yrs relationship)
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by shizzle11(m): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Don't even know what this Adele's song sound like

I'm not a fan of soul music or whatever genre of music she sings

Anyways nice write up. This would do a world of good to those who get stuck thinking of their broken relationship finding it difficult to move on.

Op, good thinking...
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
born2fuck: I Love This Comment die, this is exactly what I done at my own time
Ur English na...
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Baawaa(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
15 break-up something is wrong somewhere cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Topeedo: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
THIS ARTICLE IS MOST LIKELY WRITTEN BY A WOMAN JOR...NA UNA SABI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Dabbing On The Street Of London (pics And Videos) / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me / How To Know If You Have A Healthy Semen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.