Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread - Foreign Affairs (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (97462 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by EreluY(f): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88: ABC is not kind. "Romney's father ran for president and lost. His mother ran for senate and lost. Romney ran for president twice and lost again tonight". Lol.

It's a family of loosers.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Erelu_Y:

They just have too much money to spend on elections grin grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Roland17(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

This is very detrimental to America. America is the big looser here, not GOP. The USA is fast going down the way of france. That is the first turn on the road to greece

Good point bro, but you must realize that no history book can claim America belongs to the whites, it's owned by the Indians, in the near future whites would become minorities and this is what the GOP fears the most.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by tpia1: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
Sometime in the near future, seems a hispanic candidate will be in the white house, if i'm guessing correctly.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
CFCfan: MAJOR RESULT: Still with 98.5% of Precincts reporting -

California's Prop 30 has been APPROVED; YES 53.9% - 46.1% NO. wink grin

Ogugua and Chucky234, lets celebrate!!

Good morning! You be winch like me. I couldn't sleep more than 3 hours lol. This is major smiley Governor Jerry Brown has been pushing this proposition like mad. I'm elated it has passed cool

By the way, even though Bera is ahead by 184, absentee ballots haven't been counted, so they haven't declared him a winner yet. Long thing lol.

Considering that it's early in the morning, we can have mamosas instead lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Freiburger(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
tpia1: Sometime in the near future, seems a hispanic candidate will be in the white house, if i'm guessing correctly.
That's true, Bill Richardson the former governor of New Mexico went so far in the Democratic primaries in 2008.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
@Ogugua: Mamossa's are ok with some French toastsmiley
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Freiburger(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
ogugua88:

Good morning! You be winch like me. I couldn't sleep more than 3 hours lol. This is major smiley Governor Jerry Brown has been pushing this proposition like mad. I'm elated it has passed cool

By the way, even though Bera is ahead by 184, absentee ballots haven't been counted, so they haven't declared him a winner yet. Long thing lol.

Considering that it's early in the morning, we can have mamosas instead lol.

Thank so much i already grabed mine.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

This is very detrimental to America. America is the big looser here, not GOP. The USA is fast going down the way of france. That is the first turn on the road to greece

The GOP as we know it was dying by 2008 and in 2012 this election confirms that it is not only dead but nails have been hammered at it's coffin.
The traditional male white votes that previously decided the elections is no more and there are people who may not be able to live with this new reality
America is now a changed society.
This election was decided by white women and minorities
The pundits say that George Bush Sr a Republican won with over 400 electoral votes with 62% male white votes voting republican
Obama a democratic won with over 330 electoral votes in 2008 with 62% of white males still voting Republican
Last night the male white vote was still at 62% yet Obama won
So all in all the population that has steadily increased their outing numbers are white women and minorities many of whom voted for the first time ever in their lives in 2008 with Obama coming on the scene.
Obama holds the record for the most popular votes ever received by a candidate in the history of US elections and that was in 2008,a record previously held by Ronald Reagan
It is a new day in America,the GOP will have to rebrand to stay viable.No more business as usual.

The man I credit with the turn around for Democrats in America is Bill Clinton
He shook the foundations of the red states in 1992 and turned many blue and many became swing states after him.
Bill Clinton also did a great job in Obamas campaign and as I congratulate Obama,I also thank Bill Clinton on for the superb job he did in making this happen
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
@CFCfan Thanks for reminding me that I'm hungry lol

[img]http://d3.yimg.com/sr/img/2/577e1c24-9300-31b3-a0e4-9b45feeee4bc[/img]

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by gtmutu(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Congratulations to Obama
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Freiburger: Thank so much i already grabed mine.

You're welcome lol.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Freiburger(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
I'm wondering if the electoral map will ever be 50/50 or mostly blue again, like it was when Bill Clinton won in '92 and '96. President Obama made progress in comparison to John Kerry, winning Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, and a few others. When you look at a Clinton map though, your jaw drops in awe lol.

Clinton-Bush, 1992. If anyone's wondering, that's silly red Indiana in the sea of blue lol.

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by thelastPope(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Roland17:

Good point bro, but you must realize that no history book can claim America belongs to the whites, it's owned by the Indians, in the near future whites would become minorities and this is what the GOP fears the most.

In that near future, the white man will be your least concern. You will be queing up in the soup kitchen like in russia. lol
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by thelastPope(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
Baby mama:

The GOP as we know it was dying by 2008 and in 2012 this election confirms that it is not only dead but nails have been hammered at it's coffin.
The traditional male white votes that previously decided the elections is no more and there are people who may not be able to live with this new reality
America is now a changed society.
This election was decided by white women and minorities
The pundits say that George Bush Sr a Republican won with over 400 electoral votes with 62% male white votes voting republican
Obama a democratic won with over 330 electoral votes in 2008 with 62% of white males still voting Republican
Last night the male white vote was still at 62% yet Obama won
So all in all the population that has steadily increased their outing numbers are white women and minorities many of whom voted for the first time ever in their lives in 2008 with Obama coming on the scene.
Obama holds the record for the most popular votes ever received by a candidate in the history of US elections and that was in 2008,a record previously held by Ronald Reagan
It is a new day in America,the GOP will have to rebrand to stay viable.No more business as usual.

The man I credit with the turn around for Democrats in America is Bill Clinton
He shook the foundations of the red states in 1992 and turned many blue and many became swing states after him.
Bill Clinton also did a great job in Obamas campaign and as I congratulate Obama,I also thank Bill Clinton on for the superb job he did in making this happen

This your post is what I call the new racism. Reverse racism! In the supposed fight against racism, the blacks have become the new racists. Some of you think the definition of racism is whites hating blacks. Racism can be black to white, red to asian, asian to black, black to red. What most of you have done is that you have fallen into a social trap. If the white man never wanted to allow you blacks gain anything, they would have done it. They could have built fences around america. China did it. Slavery and segregation were fought by the republicam party. Then the democrats were busy killing blacks and forming the kkk. That is why I laugh when I see many of you insult American evangelicals. They were the ones that reached out to you and fought for your forefathers. That is why most blacks until the late 90s were in the republican party not the democratic party. The democratic party changed strategy in the late 50s and started embracing the minorities because they needed to use them. They decided the way to go was to sell social equality and wealth redistribution. Te clinton administration began promoting the concepts of wealth redistribution just to gain acceptance among the minorities. Tell me what Obama has done for black Americans. Most blacks went out yesterday and voted along racial lines. What happened yesterday was America divided along racial lines.

Now what you dont realise is this, the next democratic candidate will be different. He will not command that much black and hispanic support because he will most likely be white. Even if they like him, they might not ncessarily be so enthusiastic about him. He might not also command such female appeal. These things are not cast in stone. Some of you never read history and research. You just follow the media and the media are always wrong. Many of their predictions for this election was wrong. I have been comparing the different networks since yesterday and am just laughing at the gullibility of the new social medai world

The hispanic population is going to finally turn America into france and then into greece. It is already happening in California. The welfare system has been overrun by them and the prisons too. I posted several links earlier on. That was how the north Africans overran france and now they are in serious trouble
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by KayDee4: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope: This your post is what I call the new racism. Reverse racism! In the supposed fight against racism, the blacks have become the new racists. Some of you think the definition of racism is whites hating blacks. Racism can be black to white, red to asian, asian to black, black to red. What most of you have done is that you have fallen into a social trap. If the white man never wanted to allow you blacks gain anything, they would have done it. They could have built fences around america. China did it.
Reverse racism like you call it is more like a defensive reaction to racism. I do not support racism in any form but for many reasons, the black on white racism is not at the level of the white on black.

thelastPope: Slavery and segregation were fought by the republicam party. Then the democrats were busy killing blacks and forming the kkk. That is why I laugh when I see many of you insult American evangelicals. They were the ones that reached out to you and fought for your forefathers. That is why most blacks until the late 90s were in the republican party not the democratic party. The democratic party changed strategy in the late 50s and started embracing the minorities because they needed to use them. They decided the way to go was to sell social equality and wealth redistribution. Te clinton administration began promoting the concepts of wealth redistribution just to gain acceptance among the minorities. Tell me what Obama has done for black Americans. Most blacks went out yesterday and voted along racial lines. What happened yesterday was America divided along racial lines.

You're back on this your 1800s stance. That the Dems we're more racist to your great great great grandfathers means nothing in present day if they are now on your side, which is the current situation. The current racists are the republicans and racial minoritites know this that is why they generally drift towards the democrats - their new found friends.

thelastPope: The hispanic population is going to finally turn America into france and then into greece. It is already happening in California. The welfare system has been overrun by them and the prisons too. I posted several links earlier on. That was how the north Africans overran france and now they are in serious trouble

The hispanic population is going to finally turn America into france and then into greece. It is already happening in California. The welfare system has been overrun by them and the prisons too. I posted several links earlier on. That was how the north Africans overran france and now they are in serious trouble

What I can deduce from your last few posts is that immigration is a bad thing in your opinion (correct me if I'm wrong). There is nothing bad about hispanics or anyone migrating to the US, the US needs people as long as they are productive and can contribute to the society.

If there is no one in your community to move into a new house and pay rent duly, the housing sector doesn't boom, when people move into a community they patronize the stores and buy products manufactured by companies and the cycle goes on and on with other sectors and leads to a booming economy. Foreigners come here and start up business, make profits and pay taxes to the government; that is a decent contribution to the economy. Filtering the unproductive from the productive immigrants is the big problem and was not invented by the democrats. Both Democrats and Republicans agree that immigration system is broken and needs to be reformed; the republicans had a slightly different version of the immigration reform Obama proposed so he hasn't done anything bizzarely out of place.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Result: With 100% of Precincts reporting;

California voters have REJECTED Prop 34: YES 47.2% - 52.8% NO

California voters have REJECTED Prop 37: YES 46.9% - 53.1% NO
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Dee60: 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
How does this put fuel in my car or diesel in my generator?
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

This your post is what I call the new racism. Reverse racism! In the supposed fight against racism, the blacks have become the new racists. Some of you think the definition of racism is whites hating blacks. Racism can be black to white, red to asian, asian to black, black to red. What most of you have done is that you have fallen into a social trap. If the white man never wanted to allow you blacks gain anything, they would have done it. They could have built fences around america. China did it. Slavery and segregation were fought by the republicam party. Then the democrats were busy killing blacks and forming the kkk. That is why I laugh when I see many of you insult American evangelicals. They were the ones that reached out to you and fought for your forefathers. That is why most blacks until the late 90s were in the republican party not the democratic party. The democratic party changed strategy in the late 50s and started embracing the minorities because they needed to use them. They decided the way to go was to sell social equality and wealth redistribution. Te clinton administration began promoting the concepts of wealth redistribution just to gain acceptance among the minorities. Tell me what Obama has done for black Americans. Most blacks went out yesterday and voted along racial lines. What happened yesterday was America divided along racial lines.

Now what you dont realise is this, the next democratic candidate will be different. He will not command that much black and hispanic support because he will most likely be white. Even if they like him, they might not ncessarily be so enthusiastic about him. He might not also command such female appeal. These things are not cast in stone. Some of you never read history and research. You just follow the media and the media are always wrong. Many of their predictions for this election was wrong. I have been comparing the different networks since yesterday and am just laughing at the gullibility of the new social medai world

I doubt if you know the meaning of racism.
Let me summarize my post to you in a few words
America is a changing and changed society and the Republicans must change with it in order to stay viable.

Nothing racist in that statement of fact.

the people have spoken with their votes
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Gracious10: 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Erelu_Y:

And they need Sweat breaking deliverance. grin
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Horus(m): 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by tpia1: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Dee60: How does this put fuel in my car or diesel in my generator?

let people have their fun.

abi how person for do.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
Election Fact: Senator-elect Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisconsin) is the first openly gay person to be elected to the US Senate.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by iconaus: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Is good that Obama won for the black race . If he was kicked out , the white and other race will conclude that black people are not good leaders as shown in Africa and as many people globally had been brainwashed to beleive that black race is good for nothing . Obama and family are pride of black race . They have proved that black is force to reckon with globally . we that re residin in abroad is very very good for us as other race always look down on us . People should know as black people, we re gifted and we have potentials ' It depends on individuals to harnes those potentials . White people are only scared by blacks because they know what we can do . In America, black is only 13% of the population but their impact is felt in all ramification despite oppression , racism and discriminations.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by thelastPope(m): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Reverse racism like you call it is more like a defensive reaction to racism. I do not support racism in any form but for many reasons, the black on white racism is not at the level of the white on black.

You're back on this your 1800s stance. That the Dems we're more racist to your great great great grandfathers means nothing in present day if they are now on your side, which is the current situation. The current racists are the republicans and racial minoritites know this that is why they generally drift towards the democrats - their new found friends.

What I can deduce from your last few posts is that immigration is a bad thing in your opinion (correct me if I'm wrong). There is nothing bad about hispanics or anyone migrating to the US, the US needs people as long as they are productive and can contribute to the society.

If there is no one in your community to move into a new house and pay rent duly, the housing sector doesn't boom, when people move into a community they patronize the stores and buy products manufactured by companies and the cycle goes on and on with other sectors and leads to a booming economy. Foreigners come here and start up business, make profits and pay taxes to the government; that is a decent contribution to the economy. Filtering the unproductive from the productive immigrants is the big problem and was not invented by the democrats. Both Democrats and Republicans agree that immigration system is broken and needs to be reformed; the republicans had a slightly different version of the immigration reform Obama proposed so he hasn't done anything bizzarely out of place.

1800s? Youre are kiddin right? Even Martin Luther King Junior was a republican! The blacks only started joining the democratic party in the 90s and moved enmass because of Obama. Even the republican blacks voted Obama in the last 2 elections.

My family have never had any racial issues with white Americans. Especially the evangelicals. They are the nicest people in the world. Very accomodating and loving. But guess who we have had issues of segregation with?

You right! Black Americans! They are the worst people to be around. They are the real racists. They even discriminate against their fellow blacks from Africa and you telling me what?

Unchecked immigration is not a good thing. All that talk of them adding to the economy is paper talk. All through history, unchecked immigration has always brought down the nations where it happened. I will say the truth no matter how it sounds and whether it affects me or not. Most Nigerians who go to the US somewhat add to the American economy because they tend to be responsible and follow carier paths. They might not be rich but most are decent. But the latinos are to the US what the north Africans are to france. They are slowly turning America to the new Mexico and thanks to the democratic party, they will succeed. If you think social security will continue to sustain for the next 10 years, you are lying to yourself. By the end of Obama's second term, America will be in a big financial mess. Please bookmark this page so you can refer to it.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope:

1800s? Youre are kiddin right? Even Martin Luther King Junior was a republican! The blacks only started joining the democratic party in the 90s and moved enmass because of Obama. Even the republican blacks voted Obama in the last 2 elections.

My family have never had any racial issues with white Americans. Especially the evangelicals. They are the nicest people in the world. Very accomodating and loving. But guess who we have had issues of segregation with?

You right! Black Americans! They are the worst people to be around. They are the real racists. They even discriminate against their fellow blacks from Africa and you telling me what?

Unchecked immigration is not a good thing. All that talk of them adding to the economy is paper talk. All through history, unchecked immigration has always brought down the nations where it happened. I will say the truth no matter how it sounds and whether it affects me or not. Most Nigerians who go to the US somewhat add to the American economy because they tend to be responsible and follow carier paths. They might not be rich but most are decent. But the latinos are to the US what the north Africans are to france. They are slowly turning America to the new Mexico and thanks to the democratic party, they will succeed. If you think social security will continue to sustain for the next 10 years, you are lying to yourself. By the end of Obama's second term, America will be in a big financial mess. Please bookmark this page so you can refer to it.

Good old uncle Tom.
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Horus(m): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2012

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Horus:

The Girls are slowly but surely developing into very pretty Young Adults
Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
History will forever remember the Obamas. That name is royal.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
That's my celebrity president. Job well done Americans, job well done!

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread by Lamasta(m): 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
And how does Obama's Victory affects my salary or bring down the price of garri in the market ehn?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply)

13 Thailand Boys Trapped In The Cave Are Finally Rescued After 18Days(Photos) / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) / CNN Reporter Wears Hijab After Taliban Take Kabul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.