Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10860315 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heanry(m): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pls house. Just as mercilicious asked, is their any assurance of UBN moving in a short while or do we just sell off to avoid much loses.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:55am On Feb 28, 2013
nigeria stock exchange
you may sell union now if you dont want the stock to hold your money,
aiico @nigeria stock exchange. Aiico is good to enter now. Her pattern is just like the past. Join the train and let's see what happens at 1.40
@nigeria stock exchange. C and i can only be entered by the ever conscious investors. Penny stock can change trend abruptly but it has nice entry point.

sterling @nigeria stock exchange. more price shed on sterling as investors still offer the stock. There will be sudden change in this stock soon and it may just be good for the shorts to enter and make some gains when it reverse.
Japaul @nigeria stock exchange. You can wait till friday for japaul oil for those who have interest or enter now for those who love early entry
transcorp @nigeria stock exchange. run from transcorp now and wait for what comes out of their meeting.
Nem need to be confirmed today
evans med with a coward movement......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
TODAY NO TRY OOO FOR OUR BIG STOCKS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jossy26: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
@Stockbull, can someone still enter this Mcnichols consolidated? The stock looks attractive. Want to go for it; short term basis. What do you think bro?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by slyk2(m): 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
Who is behind this stock picking?
I believe its not Obabolujo and his men again?
Ha ha haaaaaaaa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Does buying of shares in Nigerian companies really get to the grassroots?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nnalove(m): 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
There is sth i do not understand both FCB and others is dis under primary or secondary market pals. Cos i no secondary buyers have to get broker while primary buys direct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otunbaneyo09(m): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2013
Hello please what stock can I buy with 150000 nairA and wht is my hope how is it working ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by docjuli(m): 1:03am On Mar 01, 2013
otunbaneyo09: Hello please what stock can I buy with 150000 nairA and wht is my hope how is it working ?

Not to scare you but the rule is invest money you can afford to let go.

What is your investment goal: short, medium or long term?

You can decide to split the money into 3: buy bank, Food n insurance shares. Or put all your eggs in one basket. But let's hear from you about the terms.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by docjuli(m): 1:13am On Mar 01, 2013
Ejiekwu 1: @stockbull, well done for †нє Analysis. Now that GEJ has pass †нє Budget into law ΨђåƮ effect will it have on †нє stock market

Budget ke? Reminds me of 2008, it was hard to believe we were hit by the financial crisis. Industry watchers attributed it to non-passage of budget, then plenty stories.

My Brother, that market most times no dey shake with budget or policy making.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 1:19am On Mar 01, 2013
Am going in for more Oando or more transcorp please advice
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by docjuli(m): 1:21am On Mar 01, 2013
sellydion: in forex you can lose all almost all the time. In stock hardly can you lose all you can still maintain your stake( dividen , bonus etc) in a company despite price fluctuations in the market.

Where is Bank PHB, Afribank shares?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by docjuli(m): 1:31am On Mar 01, 2013
Josh121: Am going in for more Oando or more transcorp please advice

The investor is the best broker. If you strongly believe in these shares go for them but remember transcorp company structure. It is made up of mafias with lofty ideas. Speculations just dragging moving it north. Soon breeze go blow (before end of March). Jump in and be careful to jump out even with 20% profit.

Oga stockbull make we hear you for Oando with mirage future.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 1:41am On Mar 01, 2013
@Docjuli,I am guessing the out for the out come of the meeting by march , I see a positive move with the new development , Transcorp Consortium wins bid for the acquisition of Ughelli Power Plant, I believe that is what is pushing their share. Please is anyone as a better word say , I am saying this with my research am not an expert
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 01, 2013
i advice ppl go for c and i leasing plc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Xfactoria: 5:07am On Mar 01, 2013
You guys have started again!!! We seem not to have taken lessons from the past capital market crash.

People, let me sound a warning, make sure you don't invest in stocks blindly. Most stockbrokers and asset managers exercise a lot of bias in their "buy" judgment. Here are a few simple checks you can do to make sure you don't go wrong or at least minimize your losses.

1. Diversify your portfolio. Do not concentrate your investments in companies playing in the same industry. Banks and insurance companies are very sensitive to regulations. Buy a few of them and mix your portfolio with stocks from other sectors of the economy. You can also invest in government bonds as an assurance that your possible losses from stocks would be offset a bit, if not totally from the returns on your bonds.

2. Before you invest in any company, get some information about their management and their track records - who are the top managers and board of directors. It is important. For example, wherever you see names like Jimoh Ibrahim, MDs of the failed Banks etc, its a red flag, run with your money.

3. Get some information about the industry in which the company is playing in. You need to be sure that the industry has potential for growth and there are actual opportunities there. Stocks' values are market opinions about their future earnings (Stock price reflects investors opinion - discounted value of future cash flows/earnings). Don't invest in companies who play in industries where growth has peaked except the company is the top player or ranks 1 - 3 in that industry. This is because when competition becomes fierce, those are the likely survivors.

4. The fourth check is what you should expect your broker or financial adviser to do for you. That is the technical analysis of the stock/company. But don't follow them blindly. A lot of their opinions are biased as past events have shown. Always check their advice with your conclusions on the three things above.

Finally, nobody can boast that they will continually outperform the market. Ironically, 80% of brokers believe they are the smartest but in reality, judging from past events, that is not true. There is risk in every investment decision you take. So, taking the above steps would not eliminate your risks but it would at least help you minimize your losses if the risks crystallize.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:24am On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=X-factoria]You guys have started again!!! We seem not to have taken lessons from the past capital market crash.

People, let me sound a warning, make sure you don't invest in stocks blindly. Most stockbrokers and asset managers exercise a lot of bias in their "buy" judgment.
THANK'S, TEACH HOW THE BONDS WORKS, LIKE HOW MUCH CAN I PUT IN A BOND AND WHAT WILL BE THE PROFIT AT END OF A MONTH? OR 9ODAY,6MONTHS OR 1YR? GIVE ME 3 OF YOUR BEST BONDS. ihedioramma@yahoo.ca .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by baturef: 5:43am On Mar 01, 2013
Ok[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Screwface(m): 5:57am On Mar 01, 2013
Goodmornin guys.
Please,i'll need ur sound advises. Am a bit rusty and naive on Stock and Shares issues. I don't know a zlich.
I want to invest please. I know am to meet a broker for that,but where do they reside kwanu? Banks? Investment houses?
If am to get one,how will the transactions be like?
Lots of questions on my mind,but anyone kind enough to help me with this current ones?
Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:13am On Mar 01, 2013
X-factoria:
You guys have started again!!! We seem not to have taken lessons from the past capital market crash.

People, let me sound a warning, make sure you don't invest in stocks blindly. Most stockbrokers and asset managers exercise a lot of bias in their "buy" judgment. Here are a few simple checks you can do to make sure you don't go wrong or at least minimize your losses.

1. Diversify your portfolio. Do not concentrate your investments in companies playing in the same industry. Banks and insurance companies are very sensitive to regulations. Buy a few of them and mix your portfolio with stocks from other sectors of the economy. You can also invest in government bonds as an assurance that your possible losses from stocks would be offset a bit, if not totally from the returns on your bonds.

2. Before you invest in any company, get some information about their management and their track records - who are the top managers and board of directors. It is important. For example, wherever you see names like Jimoh Ibrahim, MDs of the failed Banks etc, its a red flag, run with your money.

3. Get some information about the industry in which the company is playing in. You need to be sure that the industry has potential for growth and there are actual opportunities there. Stocks' values are market opinions about their future earnings (Stock price reflects investors opinion - discounted value of future cash flows/earnings). Don't invest in companies who play in industries where growth has peaked except the company is the top player or ranks 1 - 3 in that industry. This is because when competition becomes fierce, those are the likely survivors.

4. The fourth check is what you should expect your broker or financial adviser to do for you. That is the technical analysis of the stock/company. But don't follow them blindly. A lot of their opinions are biased as past events have shown. Always check their advice with your conclusions on the three things above.

Finally, nobody can boast that they will continually outperform the market. Ironically, 80% of brokers believe they are the smartest but in reality, judging from past events, that is not true. There is risk in every investment decision you take. So, taking the above steps would not eliminate your risks but it would at least help you minimize your losses if the risks crystallize.

Good luck!
Excessive diversification is a protection against ignorance. If you know ur stuff, trust me you rather concentrate, consolidate and position in a single value stock than diversify.
my 5kobo though......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Screwface: Goodmornin guys.
Please,i'll need ur sound advises. Am a bit rusty and naive on Stock and Shares issues. I don't know a zlich.
I want to invest please. I know am to meet a broker for that,but where do they reside kwanu? Banks? Investment houses?
If am to get one,how will the transactions be like?
Lots of questions on my mind,but anyone kind enough to help me with this current ones?
Thanks!
http://www.nse.com.ng/Pages/default.aspx
Search for dealing members.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:23am On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=ihedioramma][/quote]
Visit any branch of FCMB nationwide and tell them you are interested in T-Bills or FGN Bond. Whoever they direct you to in the bank, ask question about tenure, coupon rate and date of maturity and other questions you my have about the securities you intend to invest in.
Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:43am On Mar 01, 2013
9free:
Visit any branch of FCMB nationwide and tell them you are interested in T-Bills or FGN Bond. Whoever they direct you to in the bank, ask question about tenure, coupon rate and date of maturity and other questions you my have about the securities you intend to invest in.
Goodluck.
THANK'S AND TELL ME THE ONE YOU ARE INTO.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Xfactoria: 7:25am On Mar 01, 2013
ihedioramma: THANK'S AND TELL ME THE ONE YOU ARE INTO.

I believe 9free's advice is ok. Check with your broker for FGN and some state government bonds. Have a medium to long term investment approach. Bonds don't give reasonable short term returns but the returns are guaranteed and risk free - pretty safe.

I'm not in the country at the moment and have not been following Nigerian financial markets lately.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Xfactoria: 7:29am On Mar 01, 2013
9free:
Excessive diversification is a protection against ignorance. If you know ur stuff, trust me you rather concentrate, consolidate and position in a single value stock than diversify.
my 5kobo though......

The part in bold is the problem. Many brokers think they know their stuffs. Ask any of them today, they'll boast that they can continually outperform the market and that is not true. That is why many brokers led investors astray in 2008/2009. No one can continually outperform the market, else the market becomes inefficient. Check people's testimony here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1210620/which-nigerian-stocks-bought-sold

In the long run, the market is always, always efficient!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 01, 2013
pls when is oando going to send their rights issue to our cscs account so it can be traded. Their rights issue closed wed 20th feb. anyone with info pls?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benjoh(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2013
stockbull: If you are investor in the Nigeria stock market and you are active investor , follow this thread as I will be posting stocks that would make significant gains and the time limit based on my perspective.

DISCLAIMER
YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR TRUSTED INVESTING COUNSELLOR OR YOUR BROKER BEFORE YOU INVEST IN MY RECOMMENDED STOCKS AS YOU KNOW STOCKS RESPOND TO NEWS AND NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ANY STOCK IN THE NEXT DAY AND THE FUTURE DECISION OF ANY COMPANY 'S MANAGEMENT
very interesting! I will soon narrate myself
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Benjoh(m): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2013
X-factoria:

The part in bold is the problem. Many brokers think they know their stuffs. Ask any of them today, they'll boast that they can continually outperform the market and that is not true. That is why many brokers led investors astray in 2008/2009. No one can continually outperform the market, else the market becomes inefficient. Check people's testimony here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1210620/which-nigerian-stocks-bought-sold

In the long run, the market is always, always efficient!
excuse me are you a stock broker?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojofu(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2013
what is the minimum amount one can invest in bond?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: me3000(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.