Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10860460 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 8:54am On Mar 01, 2013
valacious: pls when is oando going to send their rights issue to our cscs account so it can be traded. Their rights issue closed wed 20th feb. anyone with info pls?

Bros.. these things take time.. Who even informed you that CSCS accounts would be credited? anyway lets see if they will issue certs or credit CSCS accounts..

BTW, you get liver to take up OANDO rights o!! these guys cannot be trusted with other people's money..(I may be wrong thou)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2013
all4naija: Does buying of shares in Nigerian companies really get to the grassroots?

yes, if you have the money and above 18 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2013
jossy26: @Stockbull, can someone still enter this Mcnichols consolidated? The stock looks attractive. Want to go for it; short term basis. What do you think bro?

yes but you need to be active to what comes out at later end
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2013
Josh121: Am going in for more Oando or more transcorp please advice

dont go in now. Oando is for a long term and transcorp need patience. You can join other good stocks while you wait
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2013
Screwface: Goodmornin guys.
Please,i'll need ur sound advises. Am a bit rusty and naive on Stock and Shares issues. I don't know a zlich.
I want to invest please. I know am to meet a broker for that,but where do they reside kwanu? Banks? Investment houses?
If am to get one,how will the transactions be like?
Lots of questions on my mind,but anyone kind enough to help me with this current ones?
Thanks!

go to the banks to seek help as regard good stock broker, verify, ask about their commission rate, how effective your trade would be, lets know this and how close you are to the broker office, then come back here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 9:16am On Mar 01, 2013
stockbull:

dont go in now. Oando is for a long term and transcorp need patience. You can join other good stocks while you wait

What are the good stock sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 01, 2013
[quote
author=feelamong]

Bros.. these things take time.. Who even informed you that CSCS accounts
would be credited? anyway lets see if they will issue certs or credit
CSCS accounts..

BTW, you get liver to take up OANDO rights o!! these guys cannot be
trusted with other people's money..(I may be wrong thou)[/quote] @feelamong, thanks. its not that i have liver. this is one risk am closing my eyes on and taking it. and if it hits, my eyes are going to be real bright. my broker told me our accounts will be credited. care to share with me average time for all these?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2013
X-factoria:

I believe 9free's advice is ok. Check with your broker for FGN and some state government bonds. Have a medium to long term investment approach. Bonds don't give reasonable short term returns but the returns are guaranteed and risk free - pretty safe.

I'm not in the country at the moment and have not been following Nigerian financial markets lately.
thank's and have lovely days over there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2013
stockbull:

what are the other good stocks to into?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:21am On Mar 01, 2013
ihedioramma: what are the other good stocks to into?

Am currently buying NASCON!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
X-factoria:

The part in bold is the problem. Many brokers think they know their stuffs. Ask any of them today, they'll boast that they can continually outperform the market and that is not true. That is why many brokers led investors astray in 2008/2009. No one can continually outperform the market, else the market becomes inefficient. Check people's testimony here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1210620/which-nigerian-stocks-bought-sold

In the long run, the market is always, always efficient!
Totally agree with you. Stockbrokers usually trade based on crowd mentality and herd psychology. I advice every investor to do his research, read good investment books and do his due diligence before entering the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Stock gurus, does anyone knows if former oceanic shares have been converted and credited in shareholders CSCS a/c as Ecobank shares(1 is to 14)?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
question: Stock gurus, does anyone knows if former oceanic shares have been converted and credited in shareholders CSCS a/c as Ecobank shares(1 is to 14)?

@question ,you will be sent letters when they want to do that and you can request cscs account note from your broker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Venchy: 2:39am On Mar 02, 2013
We look forward to it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 2:50am On Mar 02, 2013
question: Stock gurus, does anyone knows if former oceanic shares have been converted and credited in shareholders CSCS a/c as Ecobank shares(1 is to 14)?

Yes, they did. I have mine credited already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 02, 2013
Who are the stock brokers? I would like to know about the names of other stock markets affiliated to the NSE?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heanry(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2013
@ stockbull, is Ikeja hotel a good buy at 0.92. Do you see it going more than 1.05 in few weeks time? Pls kindly reply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Heanry :
@ stockbull, is Ikeja hotel a good buy at 0.92. Do you see it going more than 1.05 in few weeks time? Pls kindly reply.

it may take up to two weeks or more to get to that price. The bull and the bear will definitely share next week equally on this stock which means that it will not even hit one naira at the end of next week. If not that we are in weekend, i would have forcast unchange price or slight loss next trading day but let's see what the weekend will add to the stock on monday. The stock is weak
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2013
Heanry :
I will ask you to play safe on tgis stock. Fundamentally speaking, it's one of the cheapest stock on the exchange but their corperate govenance issues is becoming unbearable.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Reyus: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gradually, all the profit-takers (initiating the bears) will sell off all their stocks and leave another generation of investors to hold (initiating the bulls).
And the cycle keeps repeating itself towards the north pole.

Happy investing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by question(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
courage89:

Yes, they did. I have mine credited already.
Was it at (1 ETI for 14 Oceanic)? Please check for me.

I bought the then Oceanic IPO shares just before the 2008/2009 crash. Wonder why my CSCS a/c has not been credited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
question:

I bought the then Oceanic IPO shares just before the 2008/2009 crash. Wonder why my CSCS a/c has not been credited.

I think it was 1 ETI shares for 10 oceanic. Did you log in your oceanic shares into the system after the IPO?
Check with your broker to find out why your account hasn't been credited.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:04am On Mar 03, 2013
feelamong:

Am currently buying NASCON!
LIKE WHAT PRICE DO U THINK THAT IT WILL GOUP LIKE? TO BUY OANDO FOR LONG INVEST IS IT WRONG? BOUT IS OANDO STRONG LIKE NESTLE OR TOTAL OIL?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:09am On Mar 03, 2013
question:

THEY SANT ME CTK IN MY BOX.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toyrem: 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
ihedioramma: LIKE WHAT PRICE DO U THINK THAT IT WILL GOUP LIKE? TO BUY OANDO FOR LONG INVEST IS IT WRONG? BOUT IS OANDO STRONG LIKE NESTLE OR TOTAL OIL?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2013
Today is another day in the market...I forsee the bulls to gradually return this week...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2013
Investors, as I wanted to give out my old computer laptop to a cousin, who just gainged admission. I came in contact with some good materials from proshares given out some years back on stock selection and analysis.The materials are still good and relevant.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2013
sellydion: Investors, as I wanted to give out my old computer laptop to a cousin, who just gainged admission. I came in contact with some good materials from proshares given out some years back on stock selection and analysis.The materials are still good and relevant.

@sellydion, pls kindly post some of them as it might be very useful to everyone in the house...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Today is another day in the market...I forsee the bulls to gradually return this week...

MAY IT BE AS U HOPE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2013
sellydion: Investors, as I wanted to give out my old computer laptop to a cousin, who just gainged admission. I came in contact with some good materials from proshares given out some years back on stock selection and analysis.The materials are still good and relevant.
TELL US WE ARE UR BROTHERS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE
hope to see more stocks that would join the list of market maker.
If there could be policy that would guide stocks to advance to the limit of ten percent and decline to the limit of five percent daily, the nigeria stock exchange would just explode and grow to be like penny stocks in america

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
shorts should be careful this month in their entry and exit as insiders would invest with companies earning results before it is announced.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MARKETJJC, Ojoboak(m), Choiceguy, Ades1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.