Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11013612 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (7798) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2013
ucheson2: .

Shift to when
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 26, 2013
Am alighting eterna oil today
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolidave: 11:58am On Nov 26, 2013
Selling a huge chunk of my transcorp shares today. I hope I don't regret it. I hope to buy it again soon maybe wen the price is eventually low.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: Selling a huge chunk of my transcorp shares today. I hope I don't regret it. I hope to buy it again soon maybe wen the price is eventually low.
Can you honestly tell us the % gain you've made on this shares. For all shares, there is a time to HOLD, SELL and a time to BUY smiley. I think this is the best time to offload Oando and Transcorp with the hope to reposition later in the week or weeks to come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: Selling a huge chunk of my transcorp shares today. I hope I don't regret it. I hope to buy it again soon maybe wen the price is eventually low.

my broker couldn't sell small portion yester, told him to try again , will re-enter once the price is low as well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolidave: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aks: Can you honestly tell us the % gain you've made on this shares. For all shares, there is a time to HOLD, SELL and a time to BUY smiley. I think this is the best time to offload Oando and Transcorp with the hope to reposition later in the week or weeks to come
honestly my investments has being trippled. Buh the rate at which its falling and sellers are already selling I'm getting off the transcorp train.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolidave: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
lancee:

my broker couldn't sell small portion yester, told him to try again , will re-enter once the price is low as well
same tin my broker is telling me, my broker said as at yesterday since transcorp has been closed on offer Theres a pool of sellers against few buyers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: same tin my broker is telling me, my broker said as at yesterday since transcorp has been closed on offer Theres a pool of sellers against few buyers.

One of the biggest mistakes investors make is tryng to sell when everyone is trying to sell or trying to buy when everyone wants to buy..

the brokers would first either buy or sell theirs before even touching yours!

OANDO and TRANSCORP are all on offer!...i expect them to loose for the next couple of days hopefully we can reanter Transcorp at 1.35k once again! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
kolidave: same tin my broker is telling me, my broker said as at yesterday since transcorp has been closed on offer Theres a pool of sellers against few buyers.

Greediness can make us to lose in this business of shares. I sold my large chunk of Oando shares on Friday and the remaining on yesterday @ a right price after making 45% gain against my stockbroker's advice to leave it but I'm happy today otherwise the gain would have dropped tremendously. The sellers now outweigh buyers which made it to shed N1.00 and the share price is now N14.54. I'll soon join the train very soon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
feelamong:

One of the biggest mistakes investors make is tryng to sell when everyone is trying to sell or trying to buy when everyone wants to buy..

OANDO and TRANSCORP are all on offer!...i expect them to loose for the next couple of days hopefully we can reanter Transcorp at 1.35k once again! cheesy

U re correct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aks: Greediness can make us to lose in this business of shares. I sold my large chunk of Oando shares on Friday and the remaining on yesterday @ a right price after making 45% gain against my stockbroker's advice to leave it but I'm happy today otherwise the gain would have dropped tremendously. The sellers now outweigh buyers which made it to shed N1.00 and the share price is now N14.54. I'll soon join the train very soon

lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolidave: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
feelamong:

hahaha. I agree with you ooooo buh na naija we dey,everything na follow follow. And pple are scared of loosing. Yh hopefully
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jimmrozz: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
hey, this market na waooooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aks: Greediness can make us to lose in this business of shares. I sold my large chunk of Oando shares on Friday and the remaining on yesterday @ a right price after making 45% gain against my stockbroker's advice to leave it but I'm happy today otherwise the gain would have dropped tremendously. The sellers now outweigh buyers which made it to shed N1.00 and the share price is now N14.54. I'll soon join the train very soon

Exactly, I bought Oando @ 10. last month when everybody was bashing it and sold at almost 16 on friday when I saw everybody struggling to get in.
Didnt Buy Transcorp though, I learnt my lesson from ABC transport that I tried to chase and I'm sitting on an almost 20% loss for that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
bigx:

Exactly, I bought Oando @ 10. last month when everybody was bashing it and sold at almost 16 on friday when I saw everybody struggling to get in.
Didnt Buy Transcorp though, I learnt my lesson from ABC transport that I tried to chase and I'm sitting on an almost 20% loss for that.
I don't buy stocks that I can not hold for a minimum period of Five Years.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by qizick: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2013

my dear don't blame us na nija we be I offload my transcorp. I go hold my cash till person give me green light cheesy which way my ogas at d top
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
I was thinking of buying more of Oando, but from what I've seen from the above posts and current trend @ NSE it appears buying more @ this time could be a bad decision. Going by the current trend, the impression is that the COP deal may not be completed by 30th as earlier thought, how else do we explain the massive quest by most investors to offload their shares just a few days to the conclusion of the deal. Hmm I don dey fear o. Maybe I should also consider selling the little I have.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
9free:
I don't buy stocks that I can not hold for a minimum period of Five Years.......

Yea... warren Buffet said it...why hold for ten minutes a stock you cannot hold for ten year?

but then Buffet basically buys coys and not stocks...he has access to a lot more info than an average Joe like you and I..

as for me.. i have long term and short term holdings...that a stock does not qualify for my long term holding does not mean it would not qualify for a short term in and out!

money was to be made in OANDO and Transcorp in the short term and boys had to pay bills! It doesnt however remove that fact that these coys could be excellent bet in the long term... i bought UBA at 2.40 and sold at N6 and thot i had made good money .. but the guy that has refused to sell is seating on a larger profit if he sells today..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
9free:

I dont think. Oando is that bad, apart from the management issue.
Its basically a group of hot blooded young men willing to take big risks.
In business, the bigger the risks the bigger the anticipated reward and as a business person I understand that perfectly.
I admit they can go bust at any moment, like any company but the upside of Oando transforming into a Full Upstream Oil firm is....... Tasty cheesy

Ive owned it since 2007 and enjoyed my biggest percentage dividends and bonuses from them every year until the recent issues.
Id buy again when I feel its time to. If they clean up their act, it can be held for another 5 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
bigx:

I dont think. Oando is that bad, apart from the management issue.
Its basically a group of hot blooded young men willing to take big risks.
In business, the bigger the risks the bigger the anticipated reward and as a business person I understand that perfectly.
I admit they can go bust at any moment, like any company but the upside of Oando transforming into a Full Upstream Oil firm is....... Tasty cheesy

Ive owned it since 2007 and enjoyed my biggest percentage dividends and bonuses from them every year until the recent issues.
Id buy again when I feel its time to. If they clean up their act, it can be held for another 5 years

U ve said it all Sir ......Group of Hot blooded young men willing to take big RISK .. Am leaving my oando and buying more . If u no get liver comot now . This is a personal decision pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mpeace :
I was thinking of buying more of Oando, but from what I've seen from the above posts and current trend @ NSE it appears buying more @ this time could be a bad decision. Going by the current trend, the impression is that the COP deal may not be completed by 30th as earlier thought, how else do we explain the massive quest by most investors to offload their shares just a few days to the conclusion of the deal. Hmm I don dey fear o. Maybe I should also consider selling the little I have.

Short term profit taking, perhaps.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is not a recommendation to buy or sell **straightface**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
bigx: This is not a recommendation to buy or sell **straightface**
On-point, one man's poison is another man's food
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mpeace :
I was thinking of buying more of Oando ..... Going by the current trend, the impression is that the COP deal may not be completed by 30th as earlier thought, how else do we explain the massive quest by most investors to offload their shares just a few days to the conclusion .....
There is no need for panic sell your oando, the closure date for the cop deal has been extended to mid next year. Remember the year is about to end which means audited result is about to come oando will pay dividend. For meoo I still dey this bus, I'm not selling yet. Those that are selling well done. Let the price can come down the more to enable me load more and more, may be I will be able to acquire the volume I had earlier planed before cop is completed. Because it will be completed soon even before the closure date.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
ucheson2: There is no need for panic sell your oando, the closure date for the cop deal has been extended to mid next year. Remember the year is about to end which means audited result is about to come oando will pay dividend. For meoo I still dey this bus, I'm not selling yet. Those that are selling well done. Let the price can come down the more to enable me load more and more, may be I will be able to acquire the volume I had earlier planed before cop is completed. Because it will be completed soon even before the closure date.

Source please.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
ucheson2: There is no need for panic sell your oando, the closure date for the cop deal has been extended to mid next year. Remember the year is about to end which means audited result is about to come oando will pay dividend. For meoo I still dey this bus, I'm not selling yet. Those that are selling well done. Let the price can come down the more to enable me load more and more, may be I will be able to acquire the volume I had earlier planed before cop is completed. Because it will be completed soon even before the closure date.
Mid next year? I thought I heard someone on this forum say its 30th of this month. Pls anyone with authoritative info on the completion date should pls help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
The factors that keep the stock market alive are at it again. Fear/Greed. Interestingly, they are justified. They are "virtues" you must have. The "foolish buyers" of Transcorp and Oando now might start declaring "Mama Ejiro" later and the cautious ones go green with jealousy. If the table turns, the Nostradamuses will stomp around happily chanting "I said it. I warned you all. Thank God I exited the bus". Just be a CEO of your portfolio and be responsible for your decision so that you don't oscillate between happiness and sadness like a fan. May God bless this group - enrichingly entertaining.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
bigx:

You bought around N1? shocked

My initial holdings were bought at 61k; I increased my holdings with a purchase at 77k some days ago. I had hoped it will fall further but I am not seeing the fall I anticipated. If you will, hold tight; I enjoyed the 13k div of last year end.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
I found a stock in PRESTIGE.
Have you checked it out?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Exiting d livestock train 2moro
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Audacius: The factors that keep the stock market alive are at it again. Fear/Greed. Interestingly, they are justified. They are "virtues" you must have. The "foolish buyers" of Transcorp and Oando now might start declaring "Mama Ejiro" later and the cautious ones go green with jealousy. If the table turns, the Nostradamuses will stomp around happily chanting "I said it. I warned you all. Thank God I exited the bus". Just be a CEO of your portfolio and be responsible for your decision so that you don't oscillate between happiness and sadness like a fan. May God bless this group - enrichingly entertaining.
Oga Oracle, welcome on board.
By their post you know them...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
oando closed the channel almost yesterday and totally closed it today.this means the bear has taken over the rule. i said it before that the stock must not dip lower than 15.00, that is ,if the bull would continue. now it dipped down this level today and later, late investors came into the market to buy more units. hopefully it will continue the downtrend tomorrow and concerning the COP deal, it seems it will not be completed this month

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (7798) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: crownprince2017 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.