Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,165 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10952972 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (7778) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
HONEYWELL SHARES:

This stock has been doing good in the market; it has maintained a consistent, albeit slowly, bullish trend since the market started moving northward since the last quater of 2012. It has rallied up an 80% increase in the last 12 months.

I own some units and sitting a decent amount of profit, but no-one seem to be talking about this stock. I think its a good long term buy. Would love the ogas in the house to share some thought on this...

And yeah, i also own some units of the almighty Oando, bought it at 12.30naira so i have a very solid safety margin with the stock's current pull back. Holding it for long term too, maybe into the last quarter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Blood on the dance floor!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
Planning to load some millions of Japaul Oil although i have so so much of it already in my Portfolio, sentiments might push it above N1 very soon, making it the latest Eterna Oil on the floor of NSE. My opinion thou'!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
gosj: Blood on the dance floor!

undecided That's what you get when people trade based on sentiments. All the ogas hailing Oando & saying it will get to N35 or N100 have all took their profits and gone into hiding grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
This thread is always soooooooo quiet when the Bears arrive

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
NSE is supreme. It can shatter any solid prediction. Perhaps that's why this thread is quiet. But, wait... it seems the bears spared GTB.

Watch out for NESTLE! sad
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by easyson: 5:40am On Jan 08, 2014
Despise not d days of small beginning-6000
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by easyson: 5:55am On Jan 08, 2014
Na for my very eyes under my nose abctrans being dey load o
chukyjones: there's always a feeling of Joy after entering a bus at the car park, and you suddenly see the bus cruzing at high speed (refering to NEM and ABCTRANS)
am planning to exit NEM at N1 and ABC at N1.20.

Please house, any suggestions/ideas
with dis speed after loading i dey jealous
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Joshbond7: 7:24am On Jan 08, 2014
dave28: HONEYWELL SHARES:

This stock has been doing good in the market; it has maintained a consistent, albeit slowly, bullish trend since the market started moving northward since the last quater of 2012. It has rallied up an 80% increase in the last 12 months.

I own some units and sitting a decent amount of profit, but no-one seem to be talking about this stock. I think its a good long term buy. Would love the ogas in the house to share some thought on this...

And yeah, i also own some units of the almighty Oando, bought it at 12.30naira so i have a very solid safety margin with the stock's current pull back. Holding it for long term too, maybe into the last quarter.

Bro abeg, u fit give me a list of other long term stocks to select from? Me I no get time to really monitor market data like that, but I wan dey feature for the small small long term profits. Abeg.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2014
Nigerian STock Exchange:

1. DIAMOND BANK Plc hits 35mths high, may experience price correction soon

2. RAKUNITY declares N9.03m PAT in Q2 '13 result,(SP:N0.00k)

3. Oil Workers' Strike Averted as FG Reverses Decision to Sell Refineries

4. Jonathan Issues Six-month Ultimatum on Stable Power sad

5. NCM ’13: FO Tops 2013 Advancers with +1164.55% YTD Return ( Oando must break this record this year)

6. Equity Market Records Improved Optimism as ASI Inches Up by +0.72%

7. NSE Requests for Submission of Proposal to Provide Independent Research Reports

8. SEC Moves to Reduce Stockbroking Firms to 50 shocked

9. NSE slams N17m fines on 5 stockbroking firms in 2013

10. VONO declares N6.3m loss in '13 Audited results

11. Naira Falls As Black Market Thrives

12. The Next CBN Governor: Between An Economist and A Banker

13. I’m ready to meet PDP BoT members –Obasanjo

14. Oil Rises Above $107 smiley

Source: @Proshare

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2014
Goddy Egene

Strong indications have emerged that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is aiming to prune the number of stockbroking firms to 50, from the current a 250 active firms.

As at December 2013, SEC registered brokers were about 281, with 250 of them being active. According to SEC, 20 per cent of the 250 controls 80 per cent of the total transactions in the market by volume and value.

Market sources told THISDAY on Monday that the thinking of the capital market regulator is to reduce the number of stockbroking firms to the number controlling 80 per cent of the market in terms of volume and value.

One of the ways SEC wants to use to reduce the number of broking firms, THISDAY gathered, is the new capital structure, which was announced last December.

According to the new minimum capital structure, a broker/dealer is required to have N300 million, compared with N70 million in the past.

SEC recently gave indication on its preference for fewer stockbroking houses when it said the relationship between the transaction volume and value on one hand and number of operators on the other, makes the Nigerian market a most parlous picture relative to other peer and non-peer markets.

The regulator said many more operators are chasing after fewer businesses in the Nigerian market. Besides, SEC alleges that because many operators are chasing after fewer businesses, the development has led to “acts of market indiscipline, rule infraction and sundry malfeasance as poorly capitalised capital market operators (CMOs) adopt untoward practices to stay afloat.”

The commission said these CMOs in this category control about 20 per cent market share and or total transactions, constitute the source of over 79 per cent of complaints about unethical conduct and rule infraction.

“The pervasive presence of undercapitalised and hollow shell CMOs therefore undermines market integrity, erodes investor confidence and hikes regulatory cost which is incurred through investor complaints management and other remedial undertaking,” the commission said.

Speaking on this development, a senior stockbroker, who speak on the condition of anonymity, said the intention of the SEC to reduce the number of brokers to 50 if true, will have negative impact of the market.

“Ïn the first place, trying to achieve this through an increase of 300 per cent in share capital of broking firms, is not the right strategy. Secondly, forcing broker out of the market or reducing the number from over 200 to 50 will mean preventing many potential investors from the market the few ones to remain will have monopolistic tendencies. And this is contrary to financial inclusion policy of the federal government,” the broker said.

The broker added that SEC should rather look at the report on the harmonised Complaint Management Framework (CMF) submitted since 2012 and see how it can address the various complaints by investors instead blaming operators.
As part of market reform efforts of the SEC, a committee was set up to develop a uniformed CMF for the market. The committee, headed by the Chairman of Association of Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria (ASHON), Mr. Emeka Madubuike was said to have submitted that report since 2012. But nothing has been heard about the report while investors continue to face frustration due to poor handling of their complaints.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by divinelove(m): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2014
bigx: This thread is always soooooooo quiet when the Bears arrive

dts because alot of ppl r losing money and praying to recover undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2014
divinelove:

dts because alot of ppl r losing money and praying to recover undecided

I said it because when there is a bull market, a lot of "experts" emerge suddenly. Lol

D red de do me too o, but Ive learnt not to be bothered, total portfolio is green, just daily movement is red.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by divinelove(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2014
bigx:

I said it because when there is a bull market, a lot of "experts" emerge suddenly. Lol

D red de do me too o, but Ive learnt not to be bothered, total portfolio is green, just daily movement is red.

nse is highly unpredictable bc it is highly affected by sentiments much more than fundamentals. Dts y it offers unique opportunity to create unimaginable wealth within a short period of time. Nse is for d brave hearted, d bull ll be back very soon, watch out for it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2014
I guess oando has stabilized
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 10:41am On Jan 08, 2014
datovid :

why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2014
jarkbauer:

why?

-0.05 currently
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2014
datovid :

jarkbauer:
why?

datovid :

-0.05 currently

oando open @ 20.65 but currently trading @ 21.68

let see how it end the day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2014
Hello my ppl. I hope say d bears no hit una, lol.
Am totally green.
Am leaving Nem and vitafoam today.
Leaving vitafoam cos vono declared heavy loss and vitafoam has majority stake in vono. Additionally, they are in same mkt.
Leaving Nem cos its close to their close of register. I expect retracement after close of register.

Ubcap and afriprud are stocks to watch out for. I can't sell mine for any bull or bear, wuld rather increase my stake if there is further fall.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2014
why leave NEM?? you no wan chop the 6k dividend?

anyway make una try bring am come down to 75K again.. would be waiting to load moore like one oga for here.. cheesy

This 2014 i wan use NSE take buy new Buggatti
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 11:24am On Jan 08, 2014
feelamong: why leave NEM?? you no wan chop the 6k dividend?

anyway make una try bring am come down to 75K again.. would be waiting to load moore like one oga for here.. cheesy

This 2014 i wan use NSE take buy new Buggatti

All the ogas and madams i hail una o..see money.

Oga Feelamong na the lastest Buggatti im wan buy, madam mercy na lastest RAV4, Oga Bigx and Oga Dumexoga na latest G wagon while Oga Elai and Oga9 free na the lastest Range rover sport...I dobale for all of una o. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Slowly taking position ... cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Born 2be Rich:

All the ogas and madams i hail una o..see money.

Oga Feelamong na the lastest Buggatti im wan buy, madam mercy na lastest RAV4, Oga Bigx and Oga Dumexoga na latest G wagon while Oga Elai and Oga9 free na the lastest Range rover sport...I dobale for all of una o. cheesy

No do o, na kabu kabu I don de save for since 6 years market no gree
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
megainvest: Slowly taking position ... cool

what are you buying ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
The bullet train is about to move again..Bought some more units yesterday..Lets see how tommorow will be..

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 12:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Josh121:
what are you buying ?

This question is difficult to answer. But I'm taking position on stocks which I can afford to lose a little in the short term but gain medium - long term. I like to follow the bear closely and not miss the bull once it breaks out. I don't want to jump on the raging bull after it has left the cage!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good afternoon my people.

For those of us who like buying low and selling high, what can you ssy about Ashaka Cement and Airline Services and Logistics st the moment. ?

I think they are deep down on the support right now. But I haven't found their fundamentals.

I really miss cashcraft; ehere I used to get informations.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
@Toluway, Try bloomberg
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owee: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
megainvest: @Toluway, Try bloomberg

How does one use bloomberg? Website link pls
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
Start from here: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ASHAKACE:NL

You can build a watchlist for your portfolio and see historical data for 5 years etc.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owee: 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
megainvest: Start from here: http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ASHAKACE:NL

You can build a watchlist for your portfolio and see historical data for 5 years etc.

Thanks Bruv...

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (7778) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Saybal(m), allabouttolu, Obinkita(m), Curiouscity(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.