Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,542 members, 7,857,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11057725 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (7813) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
B4 accepting any advice i have to think five times.
bigx: This thread is always soooooooo quiet when the Bears arrive

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Born 2be Rich:

All the ogas and madams i hail una o..see money.

Oga Feelamong na the lastest Buggatti im wan buy, madam mercy na lastest RAV4, Oga Bigx and Oga Dumexoga na latest G wagon while Oga Elai and Oga9 free na the lastest Range rover sport...I dobale for all of una o. cheesy
Bros, na God eyes we dey look. God go do am for us
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
I Have colleague that bought 300000 units of Oando at 29 Naira. he sold it at 25Naira. No Bugatti for him. he lost 1.2million
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Transfigure: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
jarkbauer: I Have colleague that bought 300000 units of Oando at 29 Naira. he sold it at 25Naira. No Bugatti for him. he lost 1.2million

Patience is the word in this market. Your friend bought Oando for N29 and in less than one week sold it for N25. I dont get it. Now Oando is on bid again. You will see appreciation from tomorrow. People should seek advice when in doubt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
jarkbauer: I Have colleague that bought 300000 units of Oando at 29 Naira. he sold it at 25Naira. No Bugatti for him. he lost 1.2million

Why will he do such? did he borrow the money?

He obviously knows nothing about trading the market. Having heared all the good reviews about Oando, he decided to dive in; hoping to make millions overs night #smh. Trading stocks is maths not magic!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Wow. Patience and knowledge are 2 weapons u must arm yourself with to make money from the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mazumathe1st(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
gosj: Planning to load some millions of Japaul Oil although i have so so much of it already in my Portfolio, sentiments might push it above N1 very soon, making it the latest Eterna Oil on the floor of NSE. My opinion thou'!

Is japaul avialable?I tink its on bid...my brokers told me so last wk...bulls and bears r comon in d market,so y d fuss abt oando?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by divinelove(m): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
I tink ur frnd did d right tin in having wat is called stop loss strategy, all he shld do is to watch d stock n then buy it back at lower price say 21 he ll surely recover his losses n make profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Transfigure:

Patience is the word in this market. Your friend bought Oando for N29 and in less than one week sold it for N25. I dont get it. Now Oando is on bid again. You will see appreciation from tomorrow. People should seek advice when in doubt.

bro if he didn't sell @25 do u want him to now sell @21.68? and how do u sure is going to be on bid 2morrow. as far as am concern that was the best he could do because it just a speculation which if he is not right he will definitely be wrong.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
When did he buy at 29? My entry in recent times was also at 29 and that should be early 2013 or thereabout. Then it started the drop and I was able to acquire more and average down to N13. If he also entered then, and having waited so long, he could have still waited. But being ceo of your portfolio, stop loss and urgent need could make u sell anytime.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
jarkbauer:

The broker added that SEC should rather look at the report on the harmonised Complaint Management Framework (CMF) submitted since 2012 and see how it can address the various complaints by investors instead blaming operators. As part of market reform efforts of the SEC, a committee was set up to develop a uniformed CMF for the market. The committee, headed by the Chairman of Association of Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria (ASHON), Mr. Emeka Madubuike was said to have submitted that report since 2012. But nothing has been heard about the report while investors continue to face frustration due to poor handling of their complaints.

Very good. The number of market infractions in NSE is too much.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Born 2be Rich:

All the ogas and madams i hail una o..see money.

Oga Feelamong na the lastest Buggatti im wan buy, madam mercy na lastest RAV4, Oga Bigx and Oga Dumexoga na latest G wagon while Oga Elai and Oga9 free na the lastest Range rover sport...I dobale for all of una o. cheesy

Amen Ooo.

It depends on when the purchase was made. Or perhaps he used stop loss on his mandate which could have triggered the sale. If he bought in January 2014 (most probably) and sold manually then No Bugatti for am. IMO he was wrong. COP deal isn't dead yet so I wonder why he chickened out.

divinelove:
I tink ur frnd did d right tin in having wat is called stop loss strategy, all he shld do is to watch d stock n then buy it back at lower price say 21 he ll surely recover his losses n make profit.

If he buys again at N21, there is a high possibility he will still be shaken out of the trade by a simple retrace or price correction. What he needs is an Oando-heart to be able to make real profit on the stock. The only way he will be right is if Oando doesn't get to N25 in January (which is almost impossible).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by millo: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
I wonder why there is a sudden surge in volume of Ikejahotels nearly 23m from usual 300k? Any idea?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2014

In stock mkt, u don't lose till you sell.dt d price dropped doesn't mean u have lost, bt if u sell, dts it.

Money just enter my acnt today+ proceed from nem and vitafoam. Am still thinking wia to put it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
sorry I made a slight mistake on where to access bid and offer, After getting to prices at Stockmarketnigeria.com, click FT. You will see the chart, bid and offer.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
mercylicious:

In stock mkt, u don't lose till you sell.dt d price dropped doesn't mean u have lost, bt if u sell, dts it.

Money just enter my acnt today+ proceed from nem and vitafoam. Am still thinking wia to put it.

Look for a stock that's NOT in the news and put it there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by economia: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Toluway: sorry I made a slight mistake on where to access bid and offer, After getting to prices at Stockmarketnigeria.com, click FT. You will see the chart, bid and offer.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU
1. HOW DOES ONE INTERPRET THE FIGURE. LIKE THE BID VALUE OF OANDO THAT IS 21.6 ON FT?
2. HOW DOES ONE INTERPRET THE FIGURE. LIKE THE BID VALUE OF OANDO THAT IS 6,822.35 ON BLOOMBERG?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by easyson: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Dexterax:

Look for a stock that's NOT in the news and put it there.
like ftncocoa
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
easyson: like ftncocoa

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 12:18am On Jan 09, 2014
Dexterax:

smiley smiley smiley
People are busy discouraging others not to buy oando, telling them that the cop deal may not be finalized, and they are busy buying the stocks. Instead of people to be wise, they listening to them. This guys spreading this rumor that oando may likely not make thecop deal, will at last make money from these guys they have succeeded in deceiving, because by the time it starts appreciating, they won't sell until they have made huge amount of money. People please be wise and enter oando now. By next week, una no go see am buy. Bet am
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 12:41am On Jan 09, 2014
Toluway: sorry I made a slight mistake on where to access bid and offer, After getting to prices at Stockmarketnigeria.com, click FT. You will see the chart, bid and offer.

economia:
MAY GOD BLESS YOU
1. HOW DOES ONE INTERPRET THE FIGURE. LIKE THE BID VALUE OF OANDO THAT IS 21.6 ON FT?
2. HOW DOES ONE INTERPRET THE FIGURE. LIKE THE BID VALUE OF OANDO THAT IS 6,822.35 ON BLOOMBERG?

please expatiate on how to get the bid nd offer on these websites. thank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 09, 2014
Joshbond7:

Bro abeg, u fit give me a list of other long term stocks to select from? Me I no get time to really monitor market data like that, but I wan dey feature for the small small long term profits. Abeg.

Currently i'm trading in the following stocks for medium - long term gains:

Honeywell - i entered the bus early(2.86naira),i'm going to offload soon though. But the company is doing pretty well, they declared about N1.5b
profit after tax for the 3rd quater of last year and they're talking about expansion. The company also have a seemly low PE ratio

Oando - well, we all know the story about this one. i bought at 12.80. Its PE ratio is a bit high, but the PEG ratio is quite encouraging with the whole COP deal vibe.

Japaul oil - bought this cos of the current sentiment in the oil sector and the price is low, but i'm not holding on to it for long.

Those are my medium long term - trades, but pls talk to your broker for better advice.

Cheers wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 4:15am On Jan 09, 2014
when there is bid and no offer, it means people want to buy while people are not selling. Demand but no surply. This will naturally increase the price of the stock.
When you see bid and offer prices, simply compare, as this will indicate price direction.
You can also compare the bid price with the current price and arrive at economic conclusions based on law of demand and surply.

Oando is currently on bid, getting it to buy today will be pretty difficult. I will have to request for it at a market price .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 6:51am On Jan 09, 2014
^ Please can someone explain what the role of the market maker will be in the case above where nobody wants to sell but there are buyers? I think there is a way market makers can step in to provide the supply at a slightly higher price and to keep the market moving rationally.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2014
easyson: like ftncocoa
you loose well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ileman: 7:38am On Jan 09, 2014
Morning, Oga's in d house. Pls wht ur stake on livestock feed. Are we expecting any dividend or bonus issue from them for year end 2013?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stock4life: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Fed Minutes.
In the U.S., minutes from the Federal Reserve’s December meeting showed officials saw declining economic gains from its monthly bond-buying program. The Fed decided at the meeting to start reducing the size of its asset purchases by $10 billion to $75 billion starting this month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-09/european-stock-futures-little-changed-before-ecb-meeting.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2014
stock4life: Fed Minutes.
In the U.S., minutes from the Federal Reserve’s December meeting showed officials saw declining economic gains from its monthly bond-buying program. The Fed decided at the meeting to start reducing the size of its asset purchases by $10 billion to $75 billion starting this month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-09/european-stock-futures-little-changed-before-ecb-meeting.html

Will this cause a boom or doom on the stock market? Tell us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2014
Good news for companies in the marine business e.g. Japaul: FG Approves Oil Bunkering Operations in Nigerian Waters

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-approves-oil-bunkering-operations-in-nigerian-waters/168424/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2014
Oando...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2014
What's happening to Oando?
gosj: Oando...

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (7813) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ogoo4real, EMDIEY, E180416 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.