Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10842766 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Chibuking81:

( The above was posted on June 12, 2019. Nine months still counting, five months gone, four more months to go)

Good evening all

Chibuking has just declared the market bullish! Will history repeats itself again and the reverse takes charge?.

Only time will tell.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Got my 1st batch @#18:10k and 2nd batch @#17. Greed of #20 selling target made me not to bailout @#19:55k when the ovation was loudest but i later bite the bullet @#18:60k.

Now patiently waiting @ circa N17 if not good-bye Janet grin

Oh really?
You were enjoying Zenith jijo and bashing the stock and its founder Jim Ovia at the same time as though you can't touch it even with a long spoon.
How smart!
People who take those things you post seriously don suffer.
Na wa oh. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OakPearl(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
A lot of interesting Zenith experiences and opinions so far.

As our faces are different, so are our strategies.
For me, Zenith remains a cash cow and nothing will make me sell unless anything goes wrong in their books. It has continued to generate steady flow of dividends which even enables me to cherry-pick bargain stocks during bear periods.

Some stocks remain untouchable in my portfolio as long as they remain fundamentally sound.
If Zenith like make e drop to N9, with the current performance, I will load more.

If you intend to make capital appreciation of 30-50% for instance, why buy Zenith when there is an FBNH?
But when you are looking for high dividend yield, you buy a Zenith and care less about how it moves.

Everybody can't be doing the same thing.

Just develop your strategy and stick to it otherwise, the many different opinions and strategies of others can make you loose your identity.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
mendes911:

Chibuking has just declared the market bullish! Will history repeats itself again and the reverse takes charge?.

Only time will tell.

grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
Mcy56:
Oga @RabbiDoracle I wasn't in any way referring to you or offended at all. Your jokes were just what they were, JOKES with learning points. Believed Loco was joking too. I replied jokingly that day........but on a second thought I felt I should just mention it cos not all are sane on this thread. My mention has nothing to do with your jokes at all. Thanks for your good words and advice sir. Well appreciated.
Good to know you had your rough/inexperienced times too. smiley
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Infinitisi(m): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
OakPearl:
A lot of interesting Zenith experiences and opinions so far.

As our faces are different, so are our strategies.
For me, Zenith remains a cash cow and nothing will make me sell unless anything goes wrong in their books. It has continued to generate steady flow of dividends which even enables me to cherry-pick bargain stocks during bear periods.

Some stocks remain untouchable in my portfolio as long as they remain fundamentally sound.
If Zenith like make e drop to N9, with the current performance, I will load more.

If you intend to make capital appreciation of 30-50% for instance, why buy Zenith when there is an FBNH?
But when you are looking for high dividend yield, you buy a Zenith and care less about how it moves.

Everybody can't be doing the same thing.

Just develop your strategy and stick to it otherwise, the many different opinions and strategies of others can make you loose your identity.

Spot on. Couldn't have said it better. Not having your own strategy and just doing anywhere belle face based on other people's strategy and opinion will only lead to heartache.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
OakPearl:

Oh really?
You were enjoying Zenith jijo and bashing the stock and its founder Jim Ovia at the same time as though you can't touch it even with a long spoon.
How smart!
People who take those things you post seriously don suffer.
Na wa oh. shocked
How are you sure the guy has any investment on the NSE?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PharmAlfred: 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
This place is quite busy this weekend. Is it the expected bull?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2019
Need advice please, gambled and bought lasaco at 28k last week and the price has dropped to 23k. I am thinking of loading more on Monday. I need the house opinion. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 7:29am On Nov 24, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
What banks did was to stop at Ore to buy Gala and Lacacera.

Access is busy drinking Redbull for more energy grin

UBA is drinking Redbull and about to go for Oshogbo w....

GTB and Zenith may lead this bull unlike Access (seen last 2 weeks) . Watch that space. They have both gone on training with Usain Bolt grin

Don't discount the Tier 2 banks. Those ones are at one corner taking Oshogbo w....

You this man you sha want to tempt me to re-enter this Zenith again... grin Because I have laid out my cash to buy more and more wapco ( target is 500k units) increase my stake in Access.

Anyway, since there is no permanent enemy but permanent interest in stock business I might give it another shot provided it drops below N18... grin

^
^^
^^^^...its just patience... cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2019
Payunsin:
Need advice please, gambled and bought lasaco at 28k last week and the price has dropped to 23k. I am thinking of loading more on Monday. I need the house opinion. Thanks

Christmas is still 4 weeks away my brother. Village people got you boarded on this bus but you still want to go ahead to pay for the transport fare when you should be thinking of how to disembark from the forced journey.
Dont pay o so make dem turn you to village champion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Now In Short Term Rally...
Couple of stocks have gone really high while some are gearing up to start the same fit. One of such preparing the momentum to rally is IBTC. Last week ended very bullish having created a higher-low. Now the stock is targeting to create a higher-high on the weekly. At the current price the value price is below 39 but higher than 38 (highlighted zone)

If interested also: Check out DangSugar, OANDO, NASCON etc

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Sterling Bank PLC In Corrective Wave After The Rally
Once a leader in the banking sector, Sterling bank is now in correction phase. Once the correction is completed, another rally may likely begin or it might slump into another complex correction. For now, it seems the price is gunning down to re-test 1.95. Any form of rejection at this level can witness another upward momentum...

Wishing everyone happy working week ahead! Stay Blessed.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
In SMN there was this guy that comes and say he only bought 2,000 units. His name is afolabi. He became the SI unit of quantity of stock. That is why you hear people on this thread say: "let me go and buy my afolabi units"

Afterwards, I started reading books, developing strategies, mastering my emotions (fear and greed) and watching behaviour of the market. It was then I discovered the bingo and the potbellied man! I am that bingo. Very patient!

Most of the guys you see here were all on SMN and they know the rules and understand controlling emotions. I want same for you.
Couldn't comment on the above earlier.
Thanks for taking your time to explain these terms sir....... Afolabi units. It's been mentioned here severally but didn't know the meaning or where it was originated from until now. Also the bingo and Potbelly man. smiley
Good to know quite a lot from SMN are on this thread too. No wonder we have lots of great guys here.
Think I'll limit my comments henceforth and be learning instead, although my comments are most times directed to my fellow newbies.
Once again, thanks sir. You're a blessing to this thread. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Payunsin:
My opinion might be a bit different.
Lasaco was almost on full bid on Friday before that "impatient" guy like me grin. came to drop his Kaya towards the tail end. I wish I'd benefitted from the bonanza too, cos I picked small units at 27k not long before he came. If I see 23k I will buy more.
Lasaco is not doing bad at all, in fact, I just have the feelings that a repeat of what happened in cornerstone could happen here...........PLS NOTE that this is purely my opinion and I may be very wrong. Follow your instinct.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:12am On Nov 24, 2019
Intendy:
Christmas is still 4 weeks away my brother. Village people got you boarded on this bus but you still want to go ahead to pay for the transport fare when you should be thinking of how to disembark from the forced journey.
Dont pay o so make dem turn you to village champion
grin grin
Pls let's know more on the reason for saying this. It may be of great help.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Thanks for taking your time to explain these terms sir....... Afolabi units. It's been mentioned here severally but didn't know the meaning or where it was originated from until now. Also the bingo and Potbelly man. smiley
Good to know quite a lot from SMN are on this thread too. No wonder we have lots of great guys here.
[b]Think I'll limit my comments henceforth [/b]and be learning instead, although my comments are most times directed to my fellow newbies.
You can limit your comments on individuals but don't stop giving us updates on market trends.
We dey enjoy am. grin
E.g Access bank on the run and UBA is still drinking water. grin
You serve as a replacement for one mercilicious that is no longer active on this thread after a fierce battle with .....

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2019
Mcy56:

grin grin
Pls let's know more on the reason for saying this. It may be of great help.
What's is the fair price of lasaco? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Standardguy:

Yes big bros. This market is NOT for the impatient. I am a one stock man (a stock that can pay me dividend in the worst case scenario). I buy from September to November and cash out in January. Even if the bulls or the bears are on rampage I don't sell until January . It has worked for me for some years now with unimaginable profits.

It is advisable to enter the market, buy a good stock or stocks with good financials and forget it till January. Moving from one stock to another this period only reduces profit, increases regrets as well as discouragement when others are profiting. I just buy, leave it and pray as only God knows the stock that will rally the most during the xmas rally/January effect. It might even be Zenith though I don't have it.

Sir, I totally agree with you that last quarter of the year is not for moving stocks. I am curious to know what you do with proceeds of sale between the intervening period of February to August, do you jijo during this period or you withdraw your cash? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Standardguy(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2019
BAMOFIN1:

Sir, I totally agree with you that last quarter of the year is not for moving stocks. I am curious to know what you do with proceeds of sale between the intervening period of February to August, do you jijo during this period or you withdraw your cash? Thanks.

I move my fund to Treasury Bills (TB). Just develop a strategy that works for you. There are different strategies each with its pros and cons.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 11:43am On Nov 24, 2019
BullBearMkt:
Now In Short Term Rally...
Couple of stocks have gone really high while some are gearing up to start the same fit. One of such preparing the momentum to rally is IBTC. Last week ended very bullish having created a higher-low. Now the stock is targeting to create a higher-high on the weekly. At the current price the value price is below 39 but higher than 38 (highlighted zone)

If interested also: Check out DangSugar, OANDO, NASCON etc

grin grin grin grin grin

April 04, 2019 / 10:17AM / By Reuters

Nigerian oil company Oando PLC aims to raise fresh capital over the next two years and repay debt used to acquire Conoco Phillips’ Nigerian assets, its chief executive Adewale Tinubu told Reuters.

Tinubu said Oando PLC has paid over 77 percent of the acquisition debt and plans to pay-off the rest in 12 months, which would allow it to resume dividend payments. He said Oando would be left with total debt of $300 million.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Stock%20&%20Analyst%20Updates/Oando%E2%80%99s-Plan-to-Deleverage-and-Remain-Profitable/44748

Those of us warming up for OANDO RALLY cum XMAS RALLY rightnow grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Onuokwu: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Payunsin:

Na wa o. Are you aware they are about to do a rights issue?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2019
PETERiCHY:

April 04, 2019 / 10:17AM / By Reuters

Nigerian oil company Oando PLC aims to raise fresh capital over the next two years and repay debt used to acquire Conoco Phillips’ Nigerian assets, its chief executive Adewale Tinubu told Reuters.

Tinubu said Oando PLC has paid over 77 percent of the acquisition debt and plans to pay-off the rest in 12 months, which would allow it to resume dividend payments. He said Oando would be left with total debt of $300 million.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Stock%20&%20Analyst%20Updates/Oando%E2%80%99s-Plan-to-Deleverage-and-Remain-Profitable/44748

Those of us warming up for OANDO RALLY cum XMAS RALLY rightnow grin grin grin
how are we going to key in to this................. There is definitely money to bemade here short term
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Think I'll limit my comments henceforth and be learning instead, although my comments are most times directed to my fellow newbies.

You shouldn't stop commenting. You can read up strategies on how to navigate the market from people's post.

Be careful on those kobo kobo stocks. Except if you are not committing big funds to it, exiting will seem so difficult for you when it is time.

Try and sit in a well-cushioned bus such that when the bus breaks down, you just adjust your seat and sleep inside watching TV and eating snacks. Unlike Molue where if it breaks down, you can't even adjust seat. No snacks, nothing!

There are times that N10 stock is cheaper than 20kobo stock. grin This is a paradox of stock investing. You are so concerned about the "price" without first seeking "value attached to price" .

Na wetin dey wound people for NSE be that o.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mcy56:

My opinion might be a bit different.
Lasaco was almost on full bid on Friday before that "impatient" guy like me grin. came to drop his Kaya towards the tail end. I wish I'd benefitted from the bonanza too, cos I picked small units at 27k not long before he came. If I see 23k I will buy more.
Lasaco is not doing bad at all, in fact, I just have the feelings that a repeat of what happened in cornerstone could happen here...........PLS NOTE that this is purely my opinion and I may be very wrong. Follow your instinct.

You are still buying Lasaco. Why do you buy a stock Are you an FA or a TA person grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2019
leo1234:
You can limit your comments on individuals but don't stop giving us updates on market trends.
We dey enjoy am. grin
E.g Access bank on the run and UBA is still drinking water. grin
You serve as a replacement for one mercilicious that is no longer active on this thread after a fierce battle with .....
Funny grin grin
Mercilicious should come back, she's well grounded in stock investment and can't be compared with me at all. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
RabbiDoracle:
You shouldn't stop commenting. You can read up strategies on how to navigate the market from people's post.
Be careful on those kobo kobo stocks. Except if you are not committing big funds to it, exiting will seem so difficult for you when it is time.
Try and sit in a well-cushioned bus such that when the bus breaks down, you just adjust your seat and sleep inside watching TV and eating snacks. Unlike Molue where if it breaks down, you can't even adjust seat. No snacks, nothing!
There are times that N10 stock is cheaper than 20kobo stock. grin This is a paradox of stock investing. You are so concerned about the "price" without first seeking "value attached to price" .
Alright Sir. Thank you. I'm blessed this weekend.
Will extract this advice and other ones into Excel so I can have easy access to it and be reading from time to time. I really needed that constant reminder. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
pluto09:
You are still buying Lasaco. Why do you buy a stock Are you an FA or a TA person grin.
Chai! You caught me red-handed here again. grin
Na quick profit dragged me there o. lipsrsealed
Im neither FA or TA person but SA (both Sentimental and Spiritual). grin
Anyway, I checked their financials it was okay.
Also read they're doing a special/private placement of 1.20k per share, so I just thought they may move up the share price to make it look attractive in the meantime.........but with all these advices from the veterans here, I think I needed to redefine my objectives, do more readings so I can become better. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2019
leo1234:
What's is the fair price of lasaco? grin
Oga mi, this is not my area o, even myself is seeking to know the fair price.
The insurance sector is faced with recapitalisation now. Just felt some of them may be rewarding in the short - medium term with good entry price. My opinion may be very very wrong though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mcy56:

Chai! You caught me red-handed here again. grin
Na quick profit dragged me there o. lipsrsealed
Im neither FA or TA person but SA (both Sentimental and Spiritual). grin
Anyway, I checked their financials it was okay.
Also read they're doing a special/private placement of 1.20k per share, so I just thought they may shore up the share price to make it look attractive in the meantime.........but with all these advices from the veterans here, I think I needed to redefine my objectives, do more readings so I can become better. smiley

It is OK if you have checked their financial result.
My sincere advice, most of the people you see here who claim to use spiritual, sentimental or gut analysis are well grounded in both FA and TA.
Somebody like Agba will use 8 months to study/analyze stocks/market before using gut.

The famous prophet Utuocha of SMN got his fingers burnt severally with his direct vision from heaven in picking stocks tongue grin cheesy

Do your home work and know the reason you are buying a stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2019
maishai:
how are we going to key in to this................. There is definitely money to bemade here short term

APC reclaiming more states is guaranteed that WALE will OVERCOME the current BROUHAHA.

With F/Y 2019 PAT the remaining CONOCO-PHILIPS debt will be PAID in FULL.

So don't EXPECT the anticipated RIGHT ISSUE that will take place in 2020 to come CHEAP or less than N10 per share.

In conclusion just like DANGOTE Flour. & DIAMONDBK.
OANDO has seen it WORST years and will definitely be a GOLD MINE for those that took POSITION @t sub N4.

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
wink cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5036) (5037) (5038) (5039) (5040) (5041) (5042) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.