Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10860784 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) (7716) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 8:32pm On Apr 18
Locotrader:

The moment I read the bolded,I stopped reading.You wey everyone dey complain for for quick jump out in an earoplane of this and that.....
Do you know how many stocks you traded on in the last 6 months?
Does it mean na audio trading we dey see from you all these while?

Mr Locomotive, next time try to reduce your locomotion and read to the end.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

I ran away from the stock when I noticed Dangsugar CP. He didn't try on this at all , people will loss a lot of money here both newbie and ogs. Who knows whether this is a decoy for him to accumulate the shares at a cheaper rate. I know for sure that the merger will sail through, but it is not going to be now.
I am in sifia pains already my brother. Alhaji no try for me oohh.
Chai!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 8:36pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:
14 sugar for imaginary rice.Way all those way dey post link give me,lol
I remain street investor
I think it's wrong to say Dangote Rice Limited doesn't exist!
- It was incorporated in 2014 and registered with RC number 1208185
- Dangote Rice, though may just be coming up has been seen in packages and, sometimes ago when prices of foodstuff went up, Dangote supplied 10kg bags of Rice to Lagos and Kano as relief materials..
- While I see drama loading here, I think NASCON was hasty in publishing as well as informing the public about " the comment from SEC"
- Are we saying there were no accompanying documents sent to SEC proving that the 3 Companies exists?
- because Rice wasn't listed, are we saying it's wrong to merge listed and unlisted companies that belongs to same entrepreneur? Aren't there procedures that were followed?
- And besides, merging the 3 Companies is a means of listing DANG RICE as well....
- Before some people will start jumping out from the roof top of DS/NS in loss and panic, I think there's the need to look critically at this scenario so as not to make a big mistake here.
- NASCON mentioned about suspension, in which, if enough, adequate and requested information is further supplied by DANGSUGAR, the lead company in this merger, the suspension may be lifted....
- All in all, DS/NS aren't disappearing from NGX, when it bottoms completely and the dumpers are tired of dumping, people can always average down at much cheaper price and enjoy any rally that may follow thereafter.
- My 1 cent opinion.

https://brandcom.ng/2018/03/dangote-inaugurates-multi-billion-naira-rice-processing-plant-jigawa/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/dangote-foundation-disburses-free-80000-bags-of-rice-in-lagos/amp/

https://www.dangote.com/our-business/rice-farming/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 8:43pm On Apr 18
I forsee a 'JULI' will happen to DANGSUGAR and NASCON in the coming days.

I await DANGSUGAR official statement (if any).

My 1cent, don't sell at a loss. The waiting period only got an indeterminate extension... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:46pm On Apr 18
I am not going to console myself or anyone here. My Sugar and Nascon are bad investments, at least for now. If I see where even vapour take escape from these two stocks at their current prices, I will turn to vapour. Can't join Mountain Of Fire on top my money... grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:47pm On Apr 18
Hedgefunds:

How did you know about this ahead...You should have informed the forum on the insider info.
I didn't have insider information. I have always been invested in sugar only since sugar was listed. My BE in sugar rose to 24 after the accumulation as per marger.i raised the alarm for Rice ratio long ago when marger was announced because I have contacts in the North as per Rice business. I started suspecting something is wrong because I expected the merger not to go beyond 2023 immediately after yr results .I didn't sell because I was within good margin even if it was just for sugar. I was highly disappointed when no dividend from sugar
I am still invested heavily in sugar

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18
essentialone:

Mr Locomotive, next time try to reduce your locomotion and read to the end.

Oh I can see.
You copied.No vex

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gare2510(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18
I think the message by NASCON was either hasty or intentional. They could have worked the issues with SEC in the background and issue an amendment to the merger. Why issue a notice that will send your stock price on a free fall.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:07pm On Apr 18
yMcy56:

I think it's wrong to say Dangote Rice Limited doesn't exist!
- It was incorporated in 2014 and registered with RC number 1208185
- Dangote Rice, though may just be coming up has been seen in packages and, sometimes ago when prices of foodstuff went up, Dangote supplied 10kg bags of Rice to Lagos as relief materials..
- While I see drama loading here, I think NASCON was hasty in publishing as well as informing the public about " the comment from SEC"
- Are we saying there were no accompanying documents sent to SEC proving that the 3 Companies exists?
- because Rice wasn't listed, are we saying it's wrong to merge listed and unlisted companies that belongs to same entrepreneur? Aren't there procedures that were followed?
- And, besides, merging the 3 Companies is a means of listing DANG RICE as well....
- Before some people will start jumping out from the roof top of DS/NS in loss and panic, I think there's the need to look critically at this scenario so as not to make a big mistake here.
- NASCON mentioned about suspension, in which, if enough, adequate and requested information is supplied by DANGSUGAR, the lead company in this merger, the suspension may be lifted....
- All in all, DS/NS aren't disappearing from NGX, when it bottoms completely and the dumpers are tired of dumping, people can always average down at much cheaper price and enjoy any rally that may follow thereafter.
- My 1 cent opinion.

https://brandcom.ng/2018/03/dangote-inaugurates-multi-billion-naira-rice-processing-plant-jigawa/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/dangote-foundation-disburses-free-80000-bags-of-rice-in-lagos/amp/
Madam dangota products cannot be in existence and we don't see it on the street. HE has good logistics for his businesses Your first link was 2018 and anything can happen to business within then to now.You remember dangota flour was dead and sold off too.
The second link did not say dangota produced the rice that was distributed as charity. He could repackag the rice in his name.it is a normal thing.
I don't see sugar going below #30 .It was simply,alhaji wanted to use rice to accumulate sugar to himself which I had started in the past.

The big lesson, it looks sec is beginning to wake up to its responsibility.Onado delisting will not scale through sec at ridiculous price. There is hope now for oando shareholders

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

I know it is suspension and not cancellation but the CP has to mature before the merger will take place na.

I don't think so
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 9:28pm On Apr 18
thebargainhunte:

I know it is suspension and not cancellation but the CP has to mature before the merger will take place na.

Anyways I am suspecting that they will represent a new scheme of arrangements without dangote rice. Might be just Salt and Sugar only

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:38pm On Apr 18
gare2510:
I think the message by NASCON was either hasty or intentional. They could have worked the issues with SEC in the background and issue an amendment to the merger. Why issue a notice that will send your stock price on a free fall.
Exactly!
Looks suspicious self..
* I think the person that issued the letter doesn't meant well for the company.......and it must be investigated.....
* Let's say the reply from SEC was gotten today 18th, why in haste to publish it on same date without consulting all necessary parties?
*Why not sort it out with SEC and provide the necessary proof and supporting documents?
* I believed there are rules guiding any merger, which the lawyers of Dangote Industries must have gone thru and advice the company based on this.
* We should understand that Alhaji himself will be losing fortune here, should the stocks nosedive...

** Not trying to convince anyone here, but me, I no dey just receive and believe such things.....hook, line and sinker
** We await further updates on this......as well as the drama that may follow........
I sincerely hope it goes well for the sake of minority holders!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:36pm On Apr 18
yMcy56:

Exactly!
Looks suspicious self..
* I think the person that issued the letter doesn't meant well for the company.......and it must be investigated.....
* Let's say the reply from SEC was gotten today 18th, why in haste to publish it on same date without consulting all necessary parties?
*Why not sort it out with SEC and provide the necessary proof and supporting documents?
* I believed there are rules guiding any merger, which the lawyers of Dangote Industries must have gone thru and advice the company based on this.
* We should understand that Alhaji himself will be losing fortune here, should the stocks nosedive...

** Not trying to convince anyone here, but me, I no dey just receive and believe such things.....hook, line and sinker
** We await further updates and explanations to this......as well as the drama that may follow........
I sincerely hope it goes well for the sake of minority holders!

Lol if dem delay the info na still Una go complain

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 10:41pm On Apr 18
Agbalowomeri:

They should have released it when the share price was at #80 na embarassed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 11:00pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:
Madam dangota products cannot be in existence and we don't see it on the street. HE has good logistics for his businesses Your first link was 2018 and anything can happen to business within then to now.You remember dangota flour was dead and sold off too.
The second link did not say dangota produced the rice that was distributed as charity. He could repackag the rice in his name.it is a normal thing.
I don't see sugar going below #30 .It was simply,alhaji wanted to use rice to accumulate sugar to himself which I had started in the past.

The big lesson, it looks sec is beginning to wake up to its responsibility.Onado delisting will not scale through sec at ridiculous price. There is hope now for oando shareholders

You are right that SEC is rediscovering its teeth. This increases the possibility that we may wake up one day and hear that Oando's trading is suspended just like the JSE did. That will throw lots of people into despair.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:04pm On Apr 18
Streetinvestor2:

The big lesson, it looks sec is beginning to wake up to its responsibility. Onado delisting will not scale through sec at ridiculous price. There is hope now for oando shareholders

Good to read the bolded. Which is probability 2, which follows the path of the court giving the go ahead for delisting.
I still bet on probability 1 which is the court will squash the buy out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18
Raider76:

You are right that SEC is rediscovering its teeth. This increases the possibility that we may wake up one day and hear that Oando's trading is suspended just like the JSE did. That will throw lots of people into despair.

A bad probability. But will likely not happen as OANDO has laid out plans to issue its reports and published it on NGX.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18
Agbalowomeri:

NASCON publishing the information timely is the right thing. Withholding such information is not right.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:31pm On Apr 18
Agbalowomeri:
Lol. Why was the info published at odd hours?
Why rush to upload in the evening after COB?
What's their game plan?

Not complaining because it was published but the haste in publishing it when they knew how sensitive the info was, and that many shareholders were awaiting it eargerly and positive about it.

This type of news can make some investors to lose confidence in NGX itself

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 11:48pm On Apr 18
BabsO2:

NASCON publishing the information timely is the right thing. Withholding such information is not right.
I doubt if they published it timely. I think Nascon already knew the merger won't succeed. Thats why the proposed bonus shares as part of their 2023 corporate action.
If the merger had gone on, the bonus shares would have disrupted the initial arrangement as Nascon would become entitled ro more units of dangfood, higher than and different from what was sent to SEC for approval.

They probably released the info in preparation for something else.

We will dump, and they will buy back, claim the bonus shares and release the next line of action.

In any case they played us and might still play us again and again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 1:22am On Apr 19
It is well, even inside the well. Good Morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Shalom428: 1:53am On Apr 19
Dangote Group played all of us .

* They knew Dangote Sugar was going to record massive loss Quarter on Quarter

* They knew the huge loss in DS might send it back to 10 Naira or even less

* Dangote Sugar dumping would have made Alhaji lose his status as Forbes Africa Richest.

* Forbes announcement was fast approaching so they needed to come up with something, so Alhaji could retain his position

* So they came up with the news of the merger before the bad result of DS came out, so as to pump the price and to let shareholders turn blind eyes to the negative result

* The planned worked perfectly.

First, it was Tony Montana with Transcorp , a Universal set being subdued massively by Transcorp Power that is a subset. Complete aberration in a sane clime.

A lot of people bought Transcorp because of the huge prospect they saw in the Power segment but Tony pulled out the Power, listed it at Premium without compensating the original Transcorp holders

We thought Alhaji would be different but he pulled Montana on us by proposing a merger with a Rice company that is not functional

I wish everyone that still have faith in the integrity of Nigeria Stock Market and her biggest players ( the likes of Dangote and Tony) best of luck.

I'm out. Good luck everyone

Special shout out to yMcy56 ... You are a beautiful soul , keep up the good work sis. Nigeria needs more of positive souls like you.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 2:23am On Apr 19
A quick question: Does anyone know if one can have multiple trading accounts with MorganCapital?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 4:06am On Apr 19
yMcy56:

Lol. Why was the info published at odd hours?
Why rush to upload in the evening after COB?
What's their game plan?

Not complaining because it was published but the haste in publishing it when they knew how sensitive the info was, and that many shareholders were awaiting it eargerly and positive about it.

This type of news can make some investors to lose confidence in NGX itself

NASCON has followed the Global Best practice in handling the information.

It is left for us to manage the share price crisis individually pending the new information

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:33am On Apr 19
Adinije:
There is no way NASCON will have fair value of 12
NASCON no wan allow make we sleep ooo. Lol

Honestly, I don't think it should be worst as it seems......if not the panic talks and discussions accompany this suspension, as well as the high expectations attached to it in the first place.
The suspension would likely needs to do with the financials of Dang Rice.....if it could be tendered, possibility of merger talks to resume is there.

Before this merger talks started, I think @currentprice mentioned the fair value of DANGSUGAR as around N45/N50 or so that time (can't lay hands on the post now). We needed to see Q1 now as well.

Whatever be the case, I want to believe that the MERGER will likely still take place but only the time will be extended.......

DANGSUGAR needs to communicate to shareholders and investors on how they intend to address this with SEC in an update letter published on NGX.......those were the type of contents expected in NASCON letter, not just the nonchalant letter uploaded on NGX!

**Those cheering SEC, was that all they had to come up with in 9mths? Why delay till now if they're not a party to the "mischief" as well?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:39am On Apr 19
Shalom428:

* Dangote Sugar dumping would have made Alhaji lose his status as Forbes Africa Richest.

* Forbes announcement was fast approaching so they needed to come up with something, so Alhaji could retain his position

* So they came up with the news of the merger before the bad result of DS came out, so as to pump the price and to let shareholders turn blind eyes to the negative result

First, it was Tony Montana with Transcorp , a Universal set being subdued massively by Transcorp Power that is a subset. Complete aberration in a sane clime.

A lot of people bought Transcorp because of the huge prospect they saw in the Power segment but Tony pulled out the Power, listed it at Premium without compensating the original Transcorp holders

We thought Alhaji would be different but he pulled Montana on us by proposing a merger with a Rice company that is not functional

I wish everyone that still have faith in the integrity of Nigeria Stock Market and her biggest players ( the likes of Dangote and Tony) best of luck.

Special shout out to yMcy56 ... You are a beautiful soul , keep up the good work sis. Nigeria needs more of positive souls like you.

Shalom

Just to point out: There's nothing in TRANSPOWER listing that suggests TRANCORP shareholders were shortchanged. Share prices are supposedly determined by the market. If the market didn't price in TRANSPOWER holdings of TRANSCORP but priced it better when listed, it's not Tony's fault.
Some of the things being insinuated here about him are erroneous and it will be unfortunate for the market's integrity for such unfounded theories not to be debunked.

I say it again: There is nothing in TRANSPOWER listing that shows TRANSCORP shareholders were shortchanged. If you have evidence to the contrary, you can table it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:42am On Apr 19
presiade:
A quick question: Does anyone know if one can have multiple trading accounts with MorganCapital?
Not allowed for individuals....
EXCEPT in a case of stock transfer from one inactive house (or active ) to Morgan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:47am On Apr 19
Shalom428:

Shalom

If you cannot beat them join them and be better at their game
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:50am On Apr 19
chillykelly86:

Just to point out: There's nothing in TRANSPOWER listing that suggests TRANCORP shareholders were shortchanged. Share prices are supposedly determined by the market. If the market didn't price in TRANSPOWER holdings of TRANSCORP but priced it better when listed, it's not Tony's fault.
Some of the things being insinuated here about him are erroneous and it will be unfortunate for the market's integrity for such unfounded theories not to be debunked.

I say it again: There is nothing in TRANSPOWER listing that shows TRANSCORP shareholders were shortchanged. If you have evidence to the contrary, you can table it.

How long have you been in NGX? Seems not so long😂
You are defending Tony😂
He is only midway in his chase game with TRANSPOWER. You will see the end

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:58am On Apr 19
thebargainhunte:
#12 but you have to wait for it more 40 years.
Haba! Softly nah!! shocked
Think insiders were privy to this information before now,....... could explain why the share price fell from N80+ to current price in the first place!!

I ordinarily don't expect much more deviation from current price........ *My personal opinion*
* Looks like some Ogas in NASCON were not happy with the merger arrangements, moreso that NASCON was delivering fantastic results....and FX chopping into SUGAR profit*
Whatever the case may be, we continue to watch and keep track of it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 6:17am On Apr 19
The loss gonna too much ooo.
Imagine Dangote sugar from #80 back to #40 and yet no positive news in sight.

What will I say of Gtb from #52 back to #34.

Me no like holding any stock when I have made 100% and above.

Only streetinvestor2 like to do this
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:30am On Apr 19
yMcy56:

Not allowed for individuals....
EXCEPT in a case of stock transfer from one inactive house (or active ) to Morgan.

I see. Thanks a bunch!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7710) (7711) (7712) (7713) (7714) (7715) (7716) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangle, LixSz, crownprince2017, mails4funshi(m), machine606, toyeoye(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.