Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,577 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Why Do Men Change After Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Change After Marriage? (28280 Views)

6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married / Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / Do Man And Woman Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by tellwsdom: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Immaturity, lack of a balanced diet and for some too much alcohol angry

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by tomakint: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
The gospel truth we all love to ignore is that, most men only plan for WEDDING forgeting that wedding along with its attendant elaborations and effizzies are just for few hours but failed to realize that MARRIAGE is the real issue and the cruz of the matter! So if you ask me, I will also reply; WHY WON"T THEY CHANGE? Because they actually did not prepare for it in the real sense! cool
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=OCTAVO]Most men become less caring and a little more aggressive after marriage. Infact, some become extremely violent.
I think the constitution should enforce compulsory psychiatric evaluation for couples [b]intending to marry.[/[/b]quote]

Should be after...women changed and men did.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by greaterlove(m): 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
OP i dont think you really want to get the answer to your question, you replied this post below and others close to it.

tajikwan411: Men do not really change after marriage, the western ideology has damaged our ethics and reasoning. Men are polygamous beings and that will never change , because they are created so by God. If you disagree with this fact, you are simply impotent or you are a gay!(gay). OR try eradicating Prostitution joints and see the reactions from married and unmarried men alike!

Men are not meant to be satisfied by just One woman alone, that's why the average census statistics of world stands @ 8 women to 1 man or higher in every country. So by the western christian rule of one man to one woman, that is bullshit! Islam gives 4 women to a Man; though with conditions, so which is better?, the African tradition also supports polygamy, so does the holy bible.
If truly all women deserves a man, then at 1 man to 1 woman, the extra women should all be come NUNS!
grin[color=#000099][/color]

but you did not reply a more reasonable post like this

seunfly: The truth is that ladies often go for what they are seeing at the present during dating rather than look at the future. Some of this thing are usualy faked by men to attract those girls and atlast they changed to their normal self. Some of those things are:
*Money, girls tend to run after a guy that spending alot. What they usualy don't consider is (1)can this spending be sustainable? (2)will she be happy if after marriage her hubby is still spending thesame way? (3)if a man is spending like this for his gf, won't he do thesame thing to other girlfriends after she is married to him.
* Care, sometimes what girls considered as care during dating may not be real care, most are done to satisfy the lady so as to get her. many times ladies seems not identify it and unsustainable. They just get carried away with the enjoyment of that time and they inpiared their own judgment to walk into something unrealistic.
*The truth, some ladies are carried away with the moments so much that they are realy unprepare to know the truth about their guy, hence they will discard the tought to seek the truth.[/b]
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by FBS: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
@OP, I totally disagree with you. Both men and women "change" if you can actually call it that.
The early stages of a marriage is basically to enjoy each other and as times goes on, responsibilities fly in and the weight of this and the demands (both physical and emotional) make you wonder if your spouse is changing.
Reality is that, we all handle these "changes" (read demands and responsibilities) in different ways. If you can place yourself in your partner's skin, then you will know if he/she is changing or not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by omar22(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Some women think that the matrimonial home is where you pile on the timber (weight)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by LesbianBoy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
Because the women didn't meet their expectation especially if the woman did too much 'shakara' when he was toasting her grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Joe980: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men change after marriage because they have gotten what they wanted lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by ekea2001: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
The man just needs some respect.Some ladies get confused that the man they married just gets a bit 'tougher'.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Adanyebe(m): 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
Because Women pretend before Marriage
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
WHO IS HAPPY EATING EBA 3 TIMES A DAY 365 DAYS A YEAR cry
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by jagabanban: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
Because change isthe only constant thing in life?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Leffe2010: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
becos men are like chewing gum
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by k2039: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
tajikwan411: Men do not really change after marriage, the western ideology has damaged our ethics and reasoning. Men are polygamous beings and that will never change , because they are created so by God. If you disagree with this fact, you are simply impotent or you are a gay!(gay). OR try eradicating Prostitution joints and see the reactions from married and unmarried men alike!

Men are not meant to be satisfied by just One woman alone, that's why the average census statistics of world stands @ 8 women to 1 man or higher in every country. So by the western christian rule of one man to one woman, that is bullshit! Islam gives 4 women to a Man; though with conditions, so which is better?, the African tradition also supports polygamy, so does the holy bible.
If truly all women deserves a man, then at 1 man to 1 woman, the extra women should all be come NUNS!

This just doesnt make minimum sense to me.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by onatisi(m): 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
the answer is simple ,men change after marriagge because women change them.a man change is in direct response and reaction to the change in the woman he marries
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Shenez: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why woman shift there affection to children ?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by ayoola2002(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Leffe2010: becos men are like chewing gum
Howwwwww?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
Shenez: Why woman shift there affection to children ?
THATS A GOOD THING YOU NEEDY SON OF A GUN.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by playahP(m): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
The transistion from bachelor-hood to married life is quite difficult unless one prepares well for it!!
The freedom you used to get as a bachelor isn't there anymore.

- your responsibility increases and if you wife is unemployed, that could make things worse!

- lack of breathing space! Every relationship including marriage needs some space once a while!!... In a situation where the man eels choked, he tends to stay out late more often, drinks more and maybe womanizes!!

- that is why I recommend long-term courtship... I can't marry someone I haven't dated for atleast 2 years..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Callotti: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mine has not changed .
I did not change.
Still the same. cool
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Goldieluks: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Callotti: Mine has not changed .
I did not change.
Still the same. cool
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Hailedin9ja: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why do women change after marriage

Great question.

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Callotti: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
Goldieluks: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You dey wait for my post?
Very good.
Make share ya own o.
Abi you nor get? wink
Abi you dey wait Bawilomo or "Jisos" to RESSURECT and kam to marry you for NL? tongue
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Stegomiah: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
'my taste have always been a slim and tall lady nd fortunately 4 me, i married 1, she started increasing in size after she gave birth 2 our 1st child, i cald ar nd said hey babe; watch ur weight, but smhw she ignored it nd stated growing faster, nd more lazier, she just sits down dia wif d tv always complaining of being stressed off, its not easy 2 take care of a child..i tried 2 understand, but d spark we ad, d flair i av 4 ar was already reducing, her weight pisses me off, now i hardly take her wif me 2 occassions i'll rada go wif my female fwends cos she's no longer my taste''.

one way or d oda both couples av changed, now if she catches im cheating, u'll say men are wicked, but its all ar fault, he already advised her 2 watch her weight, change is d most certain tin on earth, so d topic shuld be y do both MEN nd WOMEN change afta marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Lero15(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
Simple. Because their wives change them.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Lero15(m): 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
Stegomiah: 'my taste have always been a slim and tall lady nd fortunately 4 me, i married 1, she started increasing in size after she gave birth 2 our 1st child, i cald ar nd said hey babe; watch ur weight, but smhw she ignored it nd stated growing faster, nd more lazier, she just sits down dia wif d tv always complaining of being stressed off, its not easy 2 take care of a child..i tried 2 understand, but d spark we ad, d flair i av 4 ar was already reducing, her weight pisses me off, now i hardly take her wif me 2 occassions i'll rada go wif my female fwends cos she's no longer my taste''.

one way or d oda both couples av changed, now if she catches im cheating, u'll say men are wicked, but its all ar fault, he already advised her 2 watch her weight, change is d most certain tin on earth, so d topic shuld be y do both MEN nd WOMEN change afta marriage.
bros I sabi u, I go tel ur wife!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by onatisi(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
Callotti: Mine has not changed .
I did not change.
Still the same. cool
then u are not married or someone is fooling the other,sorry about my blunt answer
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Dignitary: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2012

"So does the holy Bible"

Please, are you alright?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by vanstanzy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Its like asking, "why are men ordinary mortals and inperfect?". Did God create us to be perfect like Him? Some questions sef!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by vanstanzy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Its like asking, "why are men ordinary mortals and imperfect?". Did God create us to be perfect like Him? Some questions sef!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by ayodot(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
because u never let us be who we really are during the dating stage.
Always trying to impress, always the bring up something fun, always the spending, always the one calling to check u are safe, always the one complimenting ur beauty.

for real, which man will to go on and on doing this without removing some of the above.
the thing go tire u now.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Callotti: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
onatisi:
then u are not married or someone is fooling the other,sorry about my blunt answer

Goodnews?
Not your gaddem bizz. kiss
Sorry about my blunt answer too.
You try and get married yourself.
Goodluck with your search! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Fought On His Wedding Day / My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / Sozo & Joshua Christopher: Physically-Challenged Groom Narrates How He Met Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.