Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Do Men Change After Marriage? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Change After Marriage? (28049 Views)

6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married / Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / Do Man And Woman Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
stachys: wen d woman finish u... change will b ur best option.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SOOO CORRECT cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by mcevans1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
tellwsdom:

Very funny
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
II STAND HERE AND DARE SAY THERE'S NOTHING GLAMOROUS ABT MARRIAGE. ITS JUST ANOTHER ROAD TO AN EARLY GRAVE. A WISEMAN HERE SAID THAT THE RING IS THE WORLD'S SMALLEST HANDCUFF. I AGREE 1 GAZILLION TIMES OVER & MANY PARENTS HIDE THIS FACT FROM THEIR KIDS WHO GROW UP BELIEVING ITS ALL ROMANCE AND STRAWBERRIES. MARRIAGE IS ANOTHER NAME FOR HELL OR A LIFE SENTENCE ( WITH HARD LABOUR) & I PITY PEOPLE WHO VENTURE INTO IT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE FULL CONSEQUENCES.A BEAUTIFUL FLAWLESS MARRIAGE IS A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION SOMETHING U WORK TOWARDS BUT NEVER ACHIEVE.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by dumodust(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
i dont think it's about eating the same soup or whatever 24/7, it's about lack of respect which manifests in various ways be it gaining weight after marriage, relaxing and thinking it's all over after, increasing insults because u think he/she is yours forever...etc. Resentment slowly builds, the mind is a powerful thing and amplifies every bit of slight and u begin to ponder... Love's unconditional but dont mistaken, the baggage u bring along is not love.both sexes are to blame undecided
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
Babzilla: II STAND HERE AND DARE SAY THERE'S NOTHING GLAMOROUS ABT MARRIAGE. ITS JUST ANOTHER ROAD TO AN EARLY GRAVE. A WISEMAN HERE SAID THAT THE RING IS THE WORLD'S SMALLEST HANDCUFF. I AGREE 1 GAZILLION TIMES OVER & MANY PARENTS HIDE THIS FACT FROM THEIR KIDS WHO GROW UP BELIEVING ITS ALL ROMANCE AND STRAWBERRIES. MARRIAGE IS ANOTHER NAME FOR HELL OR A LIFE SENTENCE ( WITH HARD LABOUR) & I PITY PEOPLE WHO VENTURE INTO IT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE FULL CONSEQUENCES.A BEAUTIFUL FLAWLESS MARRIAGE IS A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION SOMETHING U WORK TOWARDS BUT NEVER ACHIEVE.
true
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by thirdeye(m): 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men change because-
1-women will not dress d way they used to dress before marriage
2-women will not pray d way they used to pray when they were still looking for husband
3-women will not go d extra mile in bed d way they were doing b4 marriage
4-women will not pretend they are not so self centered d way they made u believe b4 marriage......hmmmmm is a lonnnng list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
tellwsdom:

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by kunletech: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO:
Na lie!
No matter the level of good chacter a woman potrays, when a man is tired of you, that‘s all!
According to some previous posts by men on this thread, increase in body size is a huge deterrent. If a woman no longer appeals to her husband, you think good character will mean anything to him?

I blieved, b4 u marry a man, u guys most ve bin dating 4 some time, which is d time for u to study d man like a book, so i believe b4 u graduated into marring him, u most ve past d exm of knwing who u want to marry.
And in d theory of relationship, if what u expected to achieve was not there atificialy, second thought will comes in.
My advice for women is; d character u used in convised d man into relationship with u shud'nt stop
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by F00028: 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2012
[size=14pt]
"People don't change, you just get to know them better."
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Infomaz(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
laykhorn: If you dey chop 1 bread flavour for a long tym, u no go tyr?
what about d woman? She no go taya too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Infomaz: what about d woman? She no go taya too?
I wonder o...
That‘s why men keep treating women as shiit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Goldieluks: 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
Callotti:

You dey wait for my post?
Very good.
Make share ya own o.
Abi you nor get? wink
Abi you dey wait Bawilomo or "Jisos" to RESSURECT and kam to marry you for NL? tongue

Maybe, just maybe. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by MissOpe(f): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Babzilla: II STAND HERE AND DARE SAY THERE'S NOTHING GLAMOROUS ABT MARRIAGE. ITS JUST ANOTHER ROAD TO AN EARLY GRAVE. A WISEMAN HERE SAID THAT THE RING IS THE WORLD'S SMALLEST HANDCUFF. I AGREE 1 GAZILLION TIMES OVER & MANY PARENTS HIDE THIS FACT FROM THEIR KIDS WHO GROW UP BELIEVING ITS ALL ROMANCE AND STRAWBERRIES. MARRIAGE IS ANOTHER NAME FOR HELL OR A LIFE SENTENCE ( WITH HARD LABOUR) & I PITY PEOPLE WHO VENTURE INTO IT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE FULL CONSEQUENCES.A BEAUTIFUL FLAWLESS MARRIAGE IS A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION SOMETHING U WORK TOWARDS BUT NEVER ACHIEVE.

YOu only spoke about the DEMERITS of being married.... I need u to tell me the MERITS pls... ...am all ears..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
ehie: i guess u are hoping u will escape the seven year old itch...nada not happening

You are not making any sense,are you high on something or what?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by badjack(m): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
Yeah, I am married and I have changed. It was the work of the girl I married. She knows that I am becoming less caring and more stubborn.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
badjack: Yeah, I am married and I have changed. It was the work of the girl I married. She knows that I am becoming less caring and more stubborn.
You married a girl?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Gudintent: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO:
In other words....?

Variety is the spice of life

Nugh said!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by pweeryambre: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
omar22:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

We have women (mostly Nigerians)who before they got married their waistline would be between size 10-12 after marriage they would be pushing for size 18, 20 as if in their previous life they were slaves. why wont a guy go off the wife, he married a stunning bird not[b] BIG BIRD[/b] I beg joor, an oyinbo woman would do everything everyday to look stunning for her hubby, a naija woman once you put the ping on her finger thats when you would know the true woman you married.

The Nigerian woman u are talking abt here, does it not include; ur auntys, sister inlaws, sisters, cousins, grandmothers etc? Hmm

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by imarena(f): 3:46am On Dec 15, 2012
Hmmm! Enof said
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Heymus(m): 6:02am On Dec 15, 2012
OCTAVO: Most men become less caring and a little more aggressive after marriage. Infact, some become extremely violent.
I think the constitution should enforce compulsory psychiatric evaluation for couples intending to marry.
Men change after marriage because women change.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by foliks(f): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2012
Change occur in marriage due to responsibility...afta marriage,d responsibilities of both d man nd woman increases, d man has more ppl to cater 4 nd lesser time τ̅☺ spend wthout d woman,dey get bored den d woman has to sacrifice her time 4 her man cookin evn wen she's nt hungry,cleanin d home alone nd always at her husband's beck nd call so if dey dnt try 2 do dose tins dey enjoy doin b4 marriage wth eachoda,dey get bored nd change

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by ChuckD2(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2012
dumodust: i dont think it's about eating the same soup or whatever 24/7, it's about lack of respect which manifests in various ways be it gaining weight after marriage, relaxing and thinking it's all over after, increasing insults because u think he/she is yours forever...etc. Resentment slowly builds, the mind is a powerful thing and amplifies every bit of slight and u begin to ponder... Love's unconditional but dont mistaken, the baggage u bring along is not love.both sexes are to blame undecided

the only post so far, that comes close to answering the question. these reasons may not be exhaustive, but it certainly points to the right direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
seven year otch means the likelihood for couples,men precisely to be unfaithful after seven years of marriage
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by adubam(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote author=tajikwan411][b]Men do not really change after marriage, the western ideology has damaged our ethics and reasoning. Men are polygamous beings and that will never change , because they are created so by God. If you disagree with this fact, you are simply impotent or you are a gay!(gay). OR try eradicating Prostitution joints and see the reactions from married and unmarried men alike!

Men are not meant to be satisfied by just One woman alone, that's why the average census statistics of world stands @ 8 women to 1 man or higher in every country. So by the western christian rule of one man to one woman, that is bullshit! Islam gives 4 women to a Man; though with conditions, so which is better?, the African tradition also supports polygamy, so does the holy bible.
If truly all women deserves a man, then at 1 man to 1 woman, the extra women should all be come NUNS!
Stop adding to the bible, else you incur the wrath of God. The bible says 'then shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his WIFE not WIVES.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
ehie: seven year otch means the likelihood for couples,men precisely to be unfaithful after seven years of marriage

The fact that the man or men in your life generously dangled it about after seven years does not mean every other person's man has a problem with his extention.Your "naadah is not happening"crap shows me you are totally brainwashed into believing all men are slow pokes.Well,they will keep cheating on you if u don't adjust your mind set.If u where able to see my name is different 4rm urs,u did know my case is different from urs too.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
Point of correction, not all men change (cos I know I won't change).

However some men change after marriage because they never loved d girl. They just upped their game to get the girl. This they do by spraying money around, display of affluence, use of romantic scopes. Just like d typical politicians, they do all these to rig into the girls gullible heart. Once they win the girl, they lose interest cos they never liked her in d first place.

A girl must learn how to see and listen to a guys heart rather than his wealths or mouth. Love him for who he is and not what he has become or what he says. A guy who truly loves agirl from his heart will never lose interest.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Ngwakwe: 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
When some of you ladies want us men to marry you and take responsibilities for your parents and siblings together with our conjugal family in this hard time.

I will try shaa but don't nagg or omit your responsibilities
if I couldn't meet all your demand.

Anyway, I didn't change, just that the whole love I have for you during wedlock has been shared and some to our children. Bear with me okay!

But be rest assured that I wouldn't give up on my wife no matter what. She is my responsibility and the debt I owe my wife will be continually serviced even if I couldn't clear the Principle, the interest must be serviced till death do us part.

OCTAVO:
The rate at which men change is higher.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Ngwakwe: 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2012
That is why background check of the would be spouse is very important.

Our fathers were wiser than jumping in and jumping out nowadays marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2012
playah P: The transistion from bachelor-hood to married life is quite difficult unless one prepares well for it!!
The freedom you used to get as a bachelor isn't there anymore.

- your responsibility increases and if you wife is unemployed, that could make things worse!

- lack of breathing space! Every relationship including marriage needs some space once a while!!... In a situation where the man eels choked, he tends to stay out late more often, drinks more and maybe womanizes!!

- that is why I recommend long-term courtship... I can't marry someone I haven't dated for atleast 2 years..

We think so alike! I just can't marry somebody that I have not been sleeping with and dating for @ least 2 years... it gives me full time to know what I am getting into!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Siwel: 1:06am On Dec 16, 2012
teeowl:

We think so alike! I just can't marry somebody that I have not been sleeping with and dating for @ least 2 years... it gives me full time to know what I am getting into!
but what is the biblical stand on this issue? When you follow the word of God, you wouldn't encounter that problem in marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by andy1(m): 1:17am On Dec 16, 2012
Ice4jez: most men change after marriage becos the goods they brought when open was less than their expectation.
hahahahaha!!.....lwkmd...which goods again na? God help us o
Siwel:
but what is the biblical stand on this issue? When you follow the word of God, you wouldn't encounter that problem in marriage.
Ice4jez: most men change after marriage becos the goods they brought when open was less than their expectation.
hahahahaha!!.....lwkmd...which goods again na? God help us o
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Royou: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2012
Changes after marriage is inevitable and its for the good....never take the hard work for granted that d wife puts in to keep the family together- changing diapers, cooking cleaning and still has to take care of my needs as a husband!then when will she have the time to spend with me? So the changes for us is to do everything together when we can- bathe the kids together, help them with their assignments, support her in the kitchen and changing diapers too (its not her job - but ours) We have to make adjustments! the EPL takes a back sit if u want to keep your family and stop nagging that your wife has changed!when last did u buy her a nice dress like she used to wear? or drove her to the saloon to get her hair done and look after kids when she is out to fix her hair or to catch her breathe? Come on guys....the changes in marriage is learning that our responsibility has changed and our focus has also changed...And the only way to keep it going is to be involved with each other communicating every step of the way....Marriage is a beautiful journey worth travelling if you are ready to put in the time to make it work - its not a gift!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Dating Your Neighbor? / What Are You Getting Your Girlfriend/wife On Val's Day? / Ride On Linda Ikeji! You Are On Point.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.