Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why Do Men Change After Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Change After Marriage? (28031 Views)

6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married / Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / Do Man And Woman Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men don't and haff never changed.....is women that lives in delusion and in denial
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by karpentar: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men change after marriage for a number of different reasons. The main reason is because they are not satisfied with what they have. No matter how beautiful, forgiving, supporting or loving a man's wife is, he'll always feel as though he has missed the better bus.

Another reason for the changes in man after marriage is the marital contract. Once he obtains a woman's signature & her "I do", that is all he needs to feel secure that she can't get away & must deal with his many flaws & shortcomings. He may no longer feel the need to impress her, woo her,or even tell her he loves her once she's locked down for life.

Some men are emotional carpenters. They enjoy building the shelves of marriage, only to sit their wives on them while they go & work, hang out with their friends, or chase the better bus. These types like to know that they have a lady at home, but they don't put much effort into giving her a reason to stay there.

Men also enjoy the thrill of the chase. Once they obtain a woman's hand in marriage the chase pretty much ends. Sometimes the thrill ends as well.

Not all man change in these ways after marriage. There are still a handful of chivalrous, loyal, attentive men out there.
It is also not only men who change after marriage. Women change as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by stachys: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
wen d woman finish u... change will b ur best option.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by TechRev: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
I heard a story of a man in Kogi that changed into a Wearwolf after marriage. The change tire me too. But why did this man change to a wearwolf at night??
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
stachys: wen d woman finish u... change will b ur best option.
lol @ur pics

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by 50calibre(m): 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men change because they are supposed to change. Women should not expect the same kind of petting, love, attention, romance they received when they were courting.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Philolos: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO: Most men become less caring and a little more aggressive after marriage. In fact, some become extremely violent.
I think the constitution should enforce compulsory psychiatric evaluation for couples intending to marry.
@OP, not all men change after marriage. However, the few that do have always been the same way prior to their marriage(s). Don't confuse the courtship stage with what happens in marriage. In the courtship stages, the men would say anything to gain their potential wife's interest, and to add salt to pepper, the women are willing to listen and buy most of what the men say. That's all. Most men don't suddenly change. The later to be found violent ones were beasts before and after marriage. No change had taken place. But even if the potential wife gleaned the potential abusive tendencies during courtship, she was willing to look the other way, saying to herself and others, "I love him."
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
FBS: @OP, I totally disagree with you. Both men and women "change" if you can actually call it that.
The early stages of a marriage is basically to enjoy each other and as times goes on, responsibilities fly in and the weight of this and the demands (both physical and emotional) make you wonder if your spouse is changing.
Reality is that, we all handle these "changes" (read demands and responsibilities) in different ways. If you can place yourself in your partner's skin, then you will know if he/she is changing or not.
You‘ve got a point.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by miccodb(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
havent they been changed by marriage already? what change again?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO: Most men become less caring and a little more aggressive after marriage. Infact, some become extremely violent.
I think the constitution should enforce compulsory psychiatric evaluation for couples intending to marry.

I agree smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Men don't change they only become more responsible. Heading a successful family is no bread and butter, if you are not careful you will be seriously thinking 80'/, of the time.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by vanstanzy(m): 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Because they are human and not perfect.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Table Leg :

Change is change .... Regardless of the magnitude
People are going to change no matter what, you just have to hope the changes are not too bad to manage!
Your topic should have been why do men and women change after marriage!
The rate at which men change is higher.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
Marriage is reality no form of pretence in it at all.
The demanding factor in it will take its toll on man,ie responsibility etc,thereby making it seems the man has changed.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by mkoabiola: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Women are d cause.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Callotti:

Goodnews?
Not your gaddem bizz. kiss
Sorry about my blunt answer too.
You try and get married yourself.
Goodluck with your search! kiss
pls dont take it personal ,i meant no harm
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
omar22:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

We have women (mostly Nigerians)who before they got married their waistline would be between size 10-12 after marriage they would be pushing for size 18, 20 as if in their previous life they were slaves. why wont a guy go off the wife, he married a stunning bird not[b] BIG BIRD[/b] I beg joor, an oyinbo woman would do everything everyday to look stunning for her hubby, a naija woman once you put the ping on her finger thats when you would know the true woman you married.
Our problem in NIGERIA is that we love conditionally!
WHAT HAS BODY SIZE GOT TO DO WITH LOVE?
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hmmmmn.....Reading some funny things here!
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by olivertwist: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
Like someone rightly said, the only constant thing is CHANGE. If you expect a bachelor to remain unchanged after marriage, then you are on-your-own.

I'll understand if your husband is becoming less loving after marriage. This is a big problem esp if he's cheating on you.

But the problem with most young wives is that, they want to 'eat their cake & have it at the same time. In other words, they want to:
1} continue to enjoy everything they enjoyed from their husbands prior to marriage i.e being over-pampered with gifts, money, time, eating out, romantical etc plus,
2} enjoy all the benefits of being newly wed.

N.B: Nothing stops a man from continuing with the above i.e {1} & {2}, but, there's need for young wives to understand that, marriage means more responsibilities. For young husbands, it means more mouth to feed, more people to clothe, shelter, protect, love, care for i.e changing nappies, communicate with etc.

So you see, it's not just about you anymore, it's about you & the kid{s}.

Therefore, this change in husbands after marriage is a positive & welcome one.
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
Marriage still change some men to be better version of themselves.Any man that has regard for his marriage,ll be positively changed by it.Both men and women change in marriage but I think we both changed for the better.We are willing to walk together,hence I can only attest to positive changes.

Most people have a miscontrued notion of marriage,especially the men.Marriage is not a place to flex your muscles nor is it a place to display your tongue power.Most men have no regard for the union and that is where the problem lies.You can't be single and married at the same time.Ladies,stay away from men that have no regard for marriage.Men stay away from worldly women.A single man who gives out his room to his married friends for the sake of infidelity can never have regard for his own marriage.A single man who yaps about men being polygamous is no good either.FYI,not all ladies are monoganous in nature,so the men being polygamous crap should take a back bench jooor!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by MissOpe(f): 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
Stegomiah: 'my taste have always been a slim and tall lady nd fortunately 4 me, i married 1, she started increasing in size after she gave birth 2 our 1st child, i cald ar nd said hey babe; watch ur weight, but smhw she ignored it nd stated growing faster, nd more lazier, she just sits down dia wif d tv always complaining of being stressed off, its not easy 2 take care of a child..i tried 2 understand, but d spark we ad, d flair i av 4 ar was already reducing, her weight pisses me off, now i hardly take her wif me 2 occassions i'll rada go wif my female fwends cos she's no longer my taste''.

one way or d oda both couples av changed, now if she catches im cheating, u'll say men are wicked, but its all ar fault, he already advised her 2 watch her weight, change is d most certain tin on earth, so d topic shuld be y do both MEN nd WOMEN change afta marriage.

I guess u married for the wrong reason....
Are u saying u still expect her to be slim after having children..so All because Omotola and the likes remained slim after having children u expect urs to be slim....
U really do need to have ur brain examined...and set ur priorities right

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by 1ndidi2(f): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO:

Conditionally! Exactly

When u love someone to get something in return, whilst couples ought to love themselves unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Callotti: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
onatisi:
pls dont take it personal ,i meant no harm

Make your posts without seeking to validate mine. Thank ya! kiss
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Ramtzy: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
stachys: wen d woman finish u... change will b ur best option.
LOL @ your pix...
Abi..!! they will see marriage as bus-stop to their worldly problem including that of their family financial predicament that is as old as herself even sometime older than her

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by kalufelix(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
after accomplishing a mission what do u do....no b to go rest or look 4 the next task...so yhu xpect me to be pamperin and buyin u gifts as it was wen ah was chasin yhu abi??

The chase is far more interesting than the catch....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by kunletech: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
1. Men change if u stop satisfaying dem with sex.
2. Men change if u want to be in control
3. Men change if u change

Note- Men can do anything 4 u, if u maintain gud character.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
byvan: Marriage still change some men to be better version of themselves.Any man that has regard for his marriage,ll be positively changed by it.Both men and women change in marriage but I think we both changed for the better.We are willing to walk together,hence I can only attest to positive changes.

Most people have a miscontrued notion of marriage,especially the men.Marriage is not a place to flex your muscles nor is it a place to display your tongue power.Most men have no regard for the union and that is where the problem lies.You can't be single and married at the same time.Ladies,stay away from men that have no regard for marriage.Men stay away from worldly women.A single man who gives out his room to his married friends for the sake of infidelity can never have regard for his own marriage.A single man who yaps about men being polygamous is no good either.FYI,not all ladies are monoganous in nature,so the men being polygamous crap should take a back bench jooor!!!!
i guess u are hoping u will escape the seven year old itch...nada not happening
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
seriously we have a lot of Nigerian men on this thread with issues so long...lol,kudos for being frank,so we can learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Miss Ope:

I guess u married for the wrong reason....
Are u saying u still expect her to be slim after having children..so All because Omotola and the likes remained slim after having children u expect urs to be slim....
U really do need to have ur brain examined...and set ur priorities right
well u should not let urself go just because you have kids...
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by BANGASOUP1: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
OCTAVO:

gbam
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by Jstmoremoney(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Guess its the law of diminishing return. ;
Imagine drinking compulsory coke every now & then. You will definitely get tired & @ a point mere seeing the bottle will irritate u. wink
Re: Why Do Men Change After Marriage? by OCTAVO: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
kunletech: 1. Men change if u stop satisfaying dem with sex.
2. Men change if u want to be in control
3. Men change if u change

Note- Men can do anything 4 u, if u maintain gud character.
Na lie!
No matter the level of good chacter a woman potrays, when a man is tired of you, that‘s all!
According to some previous posts by men on this thread, increase in body size is a huge deterrent. If a woman no longer appeals to her husband, you think good character will mean anything to him?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch: Senior High School Student 3 Some Sex Video Trending Online / Men Turn Us To Monsters!!!! (video) / Pu§§i Wanna Kill THis MEN (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.