Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times (30089 Views)

Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness / Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by phemi01(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
elopee3000: [b][/b]ibadan ibadan no investor will like to see peoples like adebibu or alhaji tokyo,i remember when ike nwosu was governor of oyo state then ibadan indignes were afraid of sat guru maharaji when this news got to ike nwosu hearing he layed ambush for sat guru maharaji ,one saturday morning on enviromental sanitation day while every body in ibadan re cleaning thier houses sat guru was driving around there he fail into the waiting hand of ike nwosu he was arrested taking to goverment house there he was caned very well by ike nwosu ,that made ibadan indignes to believe that igbo people re not afraid of any fucking person only GOD,[color=#990000][/color]

How old is this bolor? And wat exactly is d message ur tryna pass across? Ashunu!
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by RickyRoss1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
Tusky44: Determinants of a city with potential include but are not limited to the following:

Skill pool of talents NOT Yoruba, Alakija, Oluwole, Agboro, Baba Ijebu, Juju man etc.

World-class infrastructure NOT useless road and railway, dirty corner shops (kiosk), no electricity, poo infested hospitals etc.

Decent housing for immigrants NOT rusty roof sheets on old buildings, and mud houses with babalawo inside.

Good & healthy food for residents NOT Amala & ewedu with one gallon of oil, ewa and gbegiri, eforiro with sand and leaf.

So can someone tell me why any investor would want to head for Ibadan? Clean up that state and then we can have a conversation but until then, dream on undecided

As painful as it is, you have hit the nail at the head. I hope say your papa nor be carpenter.
I have been in and out of Ibadan and the place is very dirty, no good road, 90% of the roof there is rusty brown zinc, i wonder why they dont use common long span aluminum sheets?
Go to any restaurant in Ibadan you will vomit from the bad odour oozing from dirty food/dishes.
Apart from the university of ibadan the rest of the city is dirty and smelly and this is a FACT

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by SELFWORTH: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
IYA NGBALI: keep hating oponu ode

Don't mind them.

Some foreigners will come overnight and start making money whilst they sit on NL posting negative comments. As soon as they establish , many of these same people will start begging for jobs.

All mouth no brain!

Niger will never learn. Always only thinking of the present . Nigers never ever think about the future.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by barapistis(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
billtommy: Who says ibadan is a city? That person must be a dreamer, apart from being a peaceful village? Nothing else is good about that village

who be this otondo copa
na how many month u spend for ib way dey make you think say you don see everything for here..how ur own state dey sef
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by ba7man(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
elopee3000: [b][/b]ibadan ibadan no investor will like to see peoples like adebibu or alhaji tokyo,i remember when ike nwosu was governor of oyo state then ibadan indignes were afraid of sat guru maharaji when this news got to ike nwosu hearing he layed ambush for sat guru maharaji ,one saturday morning on enviromental sanitation day while every body in ibadan re cleaning thier houses sat guru was driving around there he fail into the waiting hand of ike nwosu he was arrested taking to goverment house there he was caned very well by ike nwosu ,that made ibadan indignes to believe that igbo people re not afraid of any fucking person only GOD,
Why all this pointless story just b'cos u heard Ibadan is developing??

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by SELFWORTH: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
bara pistis:

who be this otondo copa
na how many month u spend for ib way dey make you think say you don see everything for here..how ur own state dey sef

What does this mean?
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by SELFWORTH: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
ba7man: Why all this pointless story just b'cos u heard Ibadan is developing??

I wondered o!
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
Interesting news...
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2012
billtommy: Who says ibadan is a city? That person must be a dreamer, apart from being a peaceful village? Nothing else is good about that village......5 years? Not even a millenuium.....dream on
i'm sure they are still swinging from tree to tree in your hometown. obo mongido

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
Some pictures of Ibadan:

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ibadan has always been underrated. A good governor can re-position the largest city South of Sahara in a term.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
afam4eva:
The development from lagos is heading towards Ibadan through the Lagos-Ibadan route. Unfortunately, AB is not in this route but that's not to say it won't benefit one way or the day from Lagos.

Afam and his covert tribalism smfdh..

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nice pictures.

Ibadan, please wake up again. cry cry

Please!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by barapistis(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by PaulJohn1: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Prof Corruption: Ibadan has always been underrated. A good governor can re-position the largest city South of Sahara in a term.

That's the state I've been dreaming of governing, if possible just Ibadan city.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Prof Corruption: Ibadan has always been underrated. A good governor can re-position the largest city South of Sahara in a term.

Ibadan is like at least 5 times the size of most of the cities in Southern Nigeria - and I doubt the monthly pay from the FG can actually turn the city around(regardless of corruption), due to its size... Personally, I think they need to look inwards to generate funds - to put the city where it actually belongs...

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by 1forall: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
uihebom: some obos are just downloading random pictures of other state labeling it ibadan, yorubas are too dirty to my liken, besides that their small okro with 20 liters of palm oil soup. tell me which investor will want to experience that.

when dem see your face say u be economic migrant why dem no go save soup for your head?
u dey fear to tell dem to add more soup, say u no want oil?
and why u sef dey enta cheap buka up and down, u dey cut costs ni?
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by CyberG: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
I see lots of improvement and changes in Ibadan compared to before: the road from the gate to uch to mokola has been fixed, an impressive flyover at the Mokola roundabout making traffic easier from dugbe. to sango, the underbridge iwo road area has been cleared like oshodi, etc. Hope the pace of work is sustained.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
Ibadan definitely has the greatest potentials in Nigeria, if it could make this list without oil, and everything Lagos has... We need to look beyond superficial skyline pictures and focus on the reality on the ground...

Proud of the ancient city... grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by elopee3000(m): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
showing us afonja so called warriors effigy who ran away on sighting usman dan fodio where was shango when usman dan fodio use common koboko to convert omo oduduwa to become muslim

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Paul John:

That's the state I've been dreaming of governing, if possible just Ibadan city.

Only few know there are industrial estates in Ibadan that can be resuscitated. But the vampires, over the years, have sucked the state dry. Ajimobi appears to be too slow for my liking but he is obviously taking some interesting steps in right direction.

Ibadan controls the politics of oyo state. If you can manage to rally Ibadan, you just need spread in Oke ogun and ogbomoso axis. It's a great dream, work towards it and you rule the state to the benefit of all. But first work on your personal life, make a success of your life and then go and replicate that winning formula in politics.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by 1forall: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
solomonkane: There is no sense in that cesspit you call your head and I make bold to say it that your father owes humanity a debt for not using a condom to prevent the misconception of an animal like you.

yeparipa! shocked shocked shocked
cheesy
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by PaulJohn1: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
shymexx:

Ibadan is like at least 5 times the size of most of the cities in Southern Nigeria - and I doubt the monthly pay from the FG can actually turn the city around(regardless of corruption), due to its size... Personally, I think they need to look inwards to generate funds - to put the city where it actually belongs...

True. Ibadan has the population and land mass to get her what she needs that'll make her greater. The present governor is doing fine compared to the previous ones. But I'll say this; Ibadan needs someone like Fashola who is brave enough to take drastic steps no mater what, in actualizing the modern city dream.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Alaafialoro(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
elopee3000: showing us afonja so called warriors effigy who ran away on sighting usman dan fodio where was shango when usman dan fodio use common koboko to convert omo oduduwa to become muslim
So to you that picture is that of Afonja.. Chai! You need serious flogging or better still,you should be forced back to JSS class to know that Afonja didn‘t actually belong to Ibadan.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by barapistis(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
uihebom: some obos are just downloading random pictures of other state labeling it ibadan, yorubas are too dirty to my liken, besides that their small okro with 20 liters of palm oil soup. tell me which investor will want to experience that.

igbo man, small small .u neva see anything .i be yoruba guy n i fit cook pass you...na food dey bring investors to come invest?take am easy abeg
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
shymexx:

One of the core policies, though unannounced, of ACN is to increase IGR. I hope Ajimobi is working in that direction too. We should all look beyond oil and start making everybody responsible by paying a token in tax. Ibadan is too big but it can sustain itself if everyone plays a part. Few industries in IB are doing well and others can come over if infrastructure drive of Ajimobi yields the right fruit.
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
Paul John:

True. Ibadan has the population and land mass to get her what she needs that'll make her greater. The present governor is doing fine compared to the previous ones. But I'll say this; Ibadan needs someone like Fashola who is brave enough to take drastic steps no mater what, in actualizing the modern city dream.

I concur...
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by demmy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

At first you said Ibadan is nothing,after seeing the pictures you changed, it just a matter of time before you concur with others that Ibadan is actually developing.
@op... It‘s good to hear such news about Ibadan.

Don't mind the dindinrin

Mapo Hall
Re: Ibadan: One Of Five African Cities To Watch - Financial Times by deesnipes(f): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Those hating on Ibadan your brothers and sisters are in Aleshinloye and Ogunpa market making it in millions but wen they come home they pretend as if there's no money so that u won't come and join them to enjoy Ib. Just stay on nairaland and continue to rant while d world passes u by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah Endorses ‘japa’, Encourages Young Nigerians To Leave / Paris Fund: Adamawa Government Replies Nigerian Who Asked How It Was Spent / Adeleke Was Robbed, Nigeria Is Finished – Fani Kayode Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.