Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20717 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Just contradicting yourself again. You said you are onle celebrating the death of Christ, and now you are tagging it a pagan celebration. So where do you belong.

The last supper is scriptural but EASTER is pagan....did I just unveil paganism??........

EASTER is the name of a pagan goddess.....it has nothing to do with Jesus' death.......you guys have paganism all around you and you still can't see it.........like I had earlier said,when easter comes we would break bread on it....for now its all about xmas and its falsehood.....

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

yes satan was lying but his followers believes that what he said is true.
So, copying pegan that worship satan and his Demons means you accept what they belief and what they stand for.

If you dont shear that belief with them, then you should break completely free from them and "touch nothing unclean" from them in worship as not to be made unclean by them the bible says.

You should thank God for bringing Jesus into the world every day and not on a pegan day/date.
Carefully read what you wrote above and see if you are not contradicting yourself. The bible said that the devil is a liar and here you are believing what he said to eve. I did not copy any celebration from pagans neither did i celebrate anything because the devil said so. As a christian, I celebrate my birthday to thank God for bringing me into this world and for keeping me safe and sound till date, and i celebrate xmas to rejoice that our saviour came to redeem us. At the bolded, remember that the Isrealites too celebrate the passover feast once a year, your should equally ask them why didnt they celebrate the feast everday or why celebrate at all.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

birth day celebration glorifies the spirit incharge of the day one was born.

Think well befor you copy.

really? Book what, chapter what, verse what?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

It would have been nice if asked this question when easter comes up........the thread is about xmas....let's finish with it..

You really wanna know that the holy spirit is not in charge of xmas??....

I hope you heard what happened in LAGOs where your fellow celebrants threw explosives(a.k.a BANGER or KNOCK out) which resulted in a fire disaster.....tell me what kind of spirit is behind such rubbish.....??.......kids whom you guys should have told that xmas is a fraud are in the name of Jesus throwing knock outs.......if you want we could go into the amount of xmas celebrants who engaged in sexual immorality both on xmas eve and the xmas day.......my bro if you can't see that the spirit of the world is in control of xmas then I can't help you...besides this I'll soon end this discussion with you........
As usual, keep on dodging.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You wan know??....you no know??.....if you wish to talk about the day Christ instituted the last supper,wait until when the easter feast comes......a thread definitly would be created to fix that......be patient my bro....another pagan festival would come up by march/april(EASTER) ...when it comes we would battle it out....for now xmas is what is under consideration............grin.........

You see yourself na? you sabi dodge anything that will expose your yansh angry provide the date. I have attended Jehovah witness commemoration before, but them no allow me drink the wine. na so them just dey pass the thing round. peeps did not drink the wine. Somebody say na only very few people fit drink the wine, but am sure they were just trying to reduce cost. who be mumu grin anyways the thing is that the event was sometime around easter celebration, now i want to know how you arrive at such date? if you don't tell me it means you have something to hide.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

It would have been nice if asked this question when easter comes up........the thread is about xmas....let's finish with it..

You really wanna know that the holy spirit is not in charge of xmas??....

I hope you heard what happened in LAGOs where your fellow celebrants threw explosives(a.k.a BANGER or KNOCK out) which resulted in a fire disaster.....tell me what kind of spirit is behind such rubbish.....??.......kids whom you guys should have told that xmas is a fraud are in the name of Jesus throwing knock outs.......if you want we could go into the amount of xmas celebrants who engaged in sexual immorality both on xmas eve and the xmas day.......my bro if you can't see that the spirit of the world is in control of xmas then I can't help you...besides this I'll soon end this discussion with you........

If you want to relate that incident to xmas, then you are wrong because that incident could have happened any other day. Moreover boko haram have been attacking christians and they still attacked on xmas day, that does not make xmas a bad celebration. And least you forget, so many innocent kids died at the hand of Herod as a result of christ birth. Does that incident in any way make Christ coming a bad thing. Plz be logical enough and stop been selective in your judgement.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

I rather not know "ANYTHING" than waste precious time beating about the bush, this thread has lost its essence.

the purpose of the thread was to mock from the very beginning.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Which christians??.you mean the pope.........did you exclude the apostles??..............the angels were happy for our sakes........because we are the ones to benefit from Christ ransom sacrifice.........the angels knew Jesus before his descending to the earth,so what have they to do literally with Jesus' birth.....they were only rejoicing because Gods plan for humans had started materializing...........again I'll tell you the angels never commemorated Christ birth........
Good, which ever way you want it. We are equally happy and rejoicing that God's plan to redeem us (a common sinner) actually materialize.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

You see yourself na? you sabi dodge anything that will expose your yansh angry provide the date. I have attended Jehovah witness commemoration before, but them no allow me drink the wine. na so them just dey pass the thing round. peeps did not drink the wine. Somebody say na only very few people fit drink the wine, but am sure they were just trying to reduce cost. who be mumu grin anyways the thing is that the event was sometime around easter celebration, now i want to know how you arrive at such date? if you don't tell me it means you have something to hide.

I'm nt hiding anything......truthislight had answerd your question......hasn't he??.......had NISAN 14 not been mentioned here??.........what more do you want??.......

I don't have any yansh that you have to expose....lol.......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:35am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

The last supper is scriptural but EASTER is pagan....did I just unveil paganism??........

EASTER is the name of a pagan goddess.....it has nothing to do with Jesus' death.......you guys have paganism all around you and you still can't see it.........like I had earlier said,when easter comes we would break bread on it....for now its all about xmas and its falsehood.....
Good, but the last supper is celebrated on a pagan day, which equally makes it a pagan worship. So we are all in the boat.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

the purpose of the thread was to mock from the very beginning.

I disagree, it was to expose, teach and enlighten us on some things we ignore or don't pay attention to as "Christians"

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god: [/b]
If you want to relate that incident to xmas, then you are wrong because that incident could have happened any other day. Moreover boko haram have been attacking christians and they still attacked on xmas day, that does not make xmas a bad celebration. And least you forget, so many innocent kids died at the hand of Herod as a result of christ birth. Does that incident in any way make Christ coming a bad thing. Plz be logical enough and stop been selective in your judgement.

The knockouts were bought for xmas.....and the celebrants of xmas make use of it all in the name of Jesus....na lie I talk??.......I've given you a first hand reason why persons engaged in vile acts.....CHRISTMAS.....its got the spirit of the word written all over it......

Christs birth wasn't a sin even though it led to the death of some kids which herod(a fellow birthday celebrant like you) master minded.......but engaging in a life of debauchery and wallowing in pagan festivals in the name of Jesus is a sin...........

Desist from it and tell your children the truth......

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

I disagree, it was to expose, teach and enlighten us on some things we ignore or don't pay attention to as "Christians"

in that regard what exactly has been achieved?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Good, but the last supper is celebrated on a pagan day, which equally makes it a pagan worship. So we are all in the boat.

Is Nisan 14 a pagan date /day??...please enlighten me......please!!!.......we are not in the same boat my bro.........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

Nissan 14 in the Jewish calendar = passover night.

The Jewish day starts in the evening after sun down

Okay. Thank you jare. Ijawkid no even know the date before. But how come nobody dey eat and drink as Jesus commanded? You people don adulterate Christ instruction
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2012
ws should please stop using the calendar months names since they have pagan origins.Some of them like January are named after roman gods.They should please stop using them or they will become hypocrites

Calendar Name Origins - Names of Months

January - ME Januari(us), OE Januarius, translation of Latin Januarius, named after JANUS, god of beginnings.
February - ME OE Februarius from Latin Februarius, named for Februa, the feast of purification.
March - ME March(e), from Latin Martius, (month of) Mars.
April - ME Averil, OF Avril, Latin Aprilis mensis (month). The name may derive from the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
May - ME OE Maius, Latin Maius mensis (month), from the Greek Maia, goddess of spring (growth).
June - ME Jun(e), OE Iunius, from Latin mensis Junius, named after the goddess Juno, Queen of the gods.
July - ME Julie, OE Julius, from Latin Julius (Caesar) after whom it was named in 44 BC. The original name was quintilis, fifth month in the early Roman calendar.
August - ME OE Agustus from Latin Augustus (Caesar) 8 BC. The original name was sextilis, sixth month in the early Roman calendar.
September - ME Septembre from Latin September, seventh month in the early Roman calendar
October - ME OE from Latin October, eighth month in the early Roman calendar
November - ME OE from Latin November, ninth month of the early Roman calendar, from novem NINE
December - ME Decembre from OF and Latin December, tenth month of the early Roman calendar (decem TEN + membri from mens MONTH + ri suffix)

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01:

You talk like you are the one that started the thread.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

The knockouts were bought for xmas.....and the celebrants of xmas make use of it all in the name of Jesus....na lie I talk??.......I've given you a first hand reason why persons engaged in vile acts.....CHRISTMAS.....its got the spirit of the word written all over it......

Christs birth wasn't a sin even though it led to the death of some kids which herod(a fellow birthday celebrant like you) master minded.......but engaging in a life of debauchery and wallowing in pagan festivals in the name of Jesus is a sin...........

Desist from it and tell your children the truth......
I guess blowing knock out is pagan worship.
But why did you term one incident as bad and the other as good whilst both incident result to loss of human life. I understand what you are trying to say, but its illogical and out of point trying to use the incident to discredit the celebration. It could have happened any other day and moreover knockout is not just a christmas thing, it is equally used during new. So plz spare me that talk.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 11:56am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Is Nisan 14 a pagan date /day??...please enlighten me......please!!!.......we are not in the same boat my bro.........
(Let me apply the logic of truthslight to answer you) No matter what you call it, it still fall within the dates of our worldly carlendar (except if you are not from this planet) and each date has its own spirit/idol according to truthislty. So what you guys are celebrating is the spirit of that particular day in which your Nisan 14 falls in.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
.......but engaging in a life of debauchery and wallowing in pagan festivals in the name of Jesus is a sin...........

you typed the word 'sin' with so much ease here. no difficulty. This was the kind of response i was expecting for my question, but you no fit.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
I guess blowing knock out is pagan worship.
But why did you term one incident as bad and the other as good whilst both incident result to loss of human life. I understand what you are trying to say, but its illogical and out of point trying to use the incident to discredit the celebration. It could have happened any other day and moreover knockout is not just a christmas thing, it is equally used during new. So plz spare me that talk.

I knew you wouldn't see the truth in this whole discussion........I termed one evil and one good because that is what it is......Jesus been born was never a bad thing..was it??...but blowing explosives and engaging in crazy activities all in the name of Jesus is surely bad..........its very simple but you seem not to understand...would kids ever come in contact with explosives if not for xmas??......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
chukwudi44: ws should please stop using the calendar months names since they have pagan origins.Some of them like January are named after roman gods.They should please stop using them or they will become hypocrites

Calendar Name Origins - Names of Months

January - ME Januari(us), OE Januarius, translation of Latin Januarius, named after JANUS, god of beginnings.
February - ME OE Februarius from Latin Februarius, named for Februa, the feast of purification.
March - ME March(e), from Latin Martius, (month of) Mars.
April - ME Averil, OF Avril, Latin Aprilis mensis (month). The name may derive from the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
May - ME OE Maius, Latin Maius mensis (month), from the Greek Maia, goddess of spring (growth).
June - ME Jun(e), OE Iunius, from Latin mensis Junius, named after the goddess Juno, Queen of the gods.
July - ME Julie, OE Julius, from Latin Julius (Caesar) after whom it was named in 44 BC. The original name was quintilis, fifth month in the early Roman calendar.
August - ME OE Agustus from Latin Augustus (Caesar) 8 BC. The original name was sextilis, sixth month in the early Roman calendar.
September - ME Septembre from Latin September, seventh month in the early Roman calendar
October - ME OE from Latin October, eighth month in the early Roman calendar
November - ME OE from Latin November, ninth month of the early Roman calendar, from novem NINE
December - ME Decembre from OF and Latin December, tenth month of the early Roman calendar (decem TEN + membri from mens MONTH + ri suffix)

there you go. I would have expected them to totally discard this system of date given its pagan origin.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

you typed the word 'sin' with so much ease here. no difficulty. This was the kind of response i was expecting for my question, but you no fit.

E be like you like the word ""SIN""........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
(Let me apply the logic of truthslight to answer you) No matter what you call it, it still fall within the dates of our worldly carlendar (except if you are not from this planet) and each date has its own spirit/idol according to truthislty. So what you guys are celebrating is the spirit of that particular day in which your Nisan 14 falls in.

You are not making any sense..........xmas has been exposed for the LIE it is... live with it......

If Nisan 14. And the commemoration of Christ death is wrong from the scriptures start debunking them rather than engage in childs play....I've given you the one good reason why I observe the memorial of Christ death and with scriptures....................xmas is pagan........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:

there you go. I would have expected them to totally discard this system of date given its pagan origin.
plendil:

plendil:

Don't mind the hypocrites.I am waiting for them to develop their own calendar system.

If christmas is pagan,using this calendar system should be considered paganic for the same reason.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You are not making any sense..........xmas has been exposed for the LIE it is... live with it......

If Nisan 14. And the commemoration of Christ death is wrong from the scriptures start debunking them rather than engage in childs play....I've given you the one good reason why I observe the memorial of Christ death and with scriptures....................xmas is pagan........
I have given you my own reason that i am rejoicing just like the angels did when Christ was born, but you still dont want to believe. So live with it.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:

What chukwuddi put up there in no way justifies why the birth of Jesus should be commemorated, and then rubbed with paganism.............

The pagan acts carried about the celebrants of each of the birthday of those gods starting from Janus(january) are acts a right thinking christian would never engage in.........
I don't commemorate the births of the gods which the names of the months were coined from......

You can direct your question to those who engage in such acts....

If you guys were on track you would have noticed this discussion isn't about names of months or a calender system,.....this thread is about how pagan festivities or observances has crept into christianity............and it has been proved that xmas has nothing to do with Christ.......

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Again, let me use truthislyt logic to answer you.... This current calendar system was invented in the 16th century, and according to truthislyt all the day of this calendar has a spirit/idol attached to it. So in other for you to celebrate the passover (Nisan 14) according to the bible, then you have to go back to a time when Nisa 14 will not fall into any of the date/day in the current calendar system. Else you are only worshipping/celebrating the spirit of the day...
Note... Am only using what truthzlyt thought me. So attack him on this issue or better still, live with it. PEACE.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
I have given you my own reason that i am rejoicing just like the angels did when Christ was born, but you still dont want to believe. So live with it.

You should have rejoiced more than 2000 years ago with the angels...(That's if you were born then..).....commemoration of his birth is the scam we are talking about.......its a scam and its pagan......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

What chukwuddi put up there in no way justifies why the birth of Jesus should be commemorated, and then rubbed with paganism.............

The pagan acts carried about the celebrants of each of the birthday of those gods starting from Janus(january) are acts a right thinking christian would never engage in.........
I don't commemorate the births of the gods which the names of the months were coined from......

You can direct your question to those who engage in such acts....

If you guys were on track you would have noticed this discussion isn't about names of months or a calender system,.....this thread is about how pagan festivities or observances has crept into christianity............and it has been proved that xmas has nothing to do with Christ.......
Do you mind listing the pagan acts, and show me proof of how a christian who is celebrating his birthday invovle in such act.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You should have rejoiced more than 2000 years ago with the angels...(That's if you were born then..).....commemoration of his birth is the scam we are talking about.......its a scam and its pagan......
Because i wasnt born then, i feel like this is the time for me to do it. And moreover, why not commemorate the death of Christ just one in your life time.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Again, let me use truthislyt logic to answer you.... This current calendar system was invented in the 16th century, and according to truthislyt all the day of this calendar has a spirit/idol attached to it. So in other for you to celebrate the passover (Nisan 14) according to the bible, then you have to go back to a time when Nisa 14 will not fall into any of the date/day in the current calendar system. Else you are only worshipping/celebrating the spirit of the day...
Note... Am only using what truthzlyt thought me. So attack him on this issue or better still, live with it. PEACE.

Lol........the NISAN 14 is what matters most...we have a foudation we are working with...while you have nothing but a bunch of pagans dictating what you should do and how you should do it...........telling me to discard the use of the modern calendar that should help me arrive at the month and day that alligns with NISAN 14 is a lame argument..........if not for NISAN 14 and the Jewish calender the new calendars we have would not have evolved...........

I have NISAN 14 from the scriptures to work with,while you have nothing......

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / What Is The Cost Of Sallah Ram In Your Area? / I Do Little Preaching And Do Many Miracles - Prophet Odumeje (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.