Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20618 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Because i wasnt born then, i feel like this is the time for me to do it. And moreover, why not commemorate the death of Christ just one in your life time.

You don't feel what you like when it comes to things pertaining to the Lord.....you act as you were told and how the apostles acted........

Why should I commemorate the death of Christ once in a life time??....was that the instruction given??.......uh??.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol........the NISAN 14 is what matters most...we have a foudation we are working with...while you have nothing but a bunch of pagans dictating what you should do and how you should do it...........telling me to discard the use of the modern calendar that should help me arrive at the month and day that alligns with NISAN 14 is a lame argument..........if not for NISAN 14 and the Jewish calender the new calendars we have would not have evolved...........

I have NISAN 14 from the scriptures to work with,while you have nothing......
@Bolded, plz tell me what and what did the pagans dictate for me.
@Red text, for you to have make use of an idol calendar, makes you an idol worshipper. So said your brother truthlyt.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
well it been nice chatting with you guys. What I would expected is appeal for Christians to shun the inordinate merrymaking that accompanies Christmas, and lean towards spiritual revival and appreciation for what Christ has done by reaching out to others physically, materially and spirituality. This should not necessarily mean jettisoning the celebration altogether.

But to insist that any observance of the day is inherently evil, and being unable to come up with explicit Biblical references that condemn such, other than the 'pagan festival origin' cliche, is untenable.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You don't feel what you like when it comes to things pertaining to the Lord.....you act as you were told and how the apostles acted........

Why should I commemorate the death of Christ once in a life time??....was that the instruction given??.......uh??.

Christ said do this in memory of me... He didnt say you should do it yearly/monthly/weekly. So how did you come to the yearly conclusion.
Christ never told his apostles to find someone who will replace Judas by casting losts. Will you now accuse the apostles of doing what they feel like.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
What chukwuddi put up there in no way justifies why the birth of Jesus should be commemorated, and then rubbed with paganism.............

The aim is not to justify, but to show your hypocrisy.

ijawkid:
If you guys were on track you would have noticed this discussion isn't about names of months or a calender system,.....this thread is about how pagan festivities or observances has crept into christianity............

the use of pagan names for dating is a pagan observance, and it has crept into Christianity because Christians accepted and use it. So it is relevant. If you don't want christmas, you must also invent your own calender or rely on the Jewish calender for your dating cos everyday in the current calender is pagan and according to brother truthislight each day has a demonic spirit attached to it. You just have to do away with the current calender.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:
well it been nice chatting with you guys. What I would expected is appeal for Christians to shun the inordinate merrymaking that accompanies Christmas, and lean towards spiritual revival and appreciation for what Christ has done by reaching out to others physically, materially and spirituality. This should not necessarily mean jettisoning the celebration altogether.

But to insist that any observance of the day is inherently evil, and being unable to come up with explicit Biblical references that condemn such, other than the 'pagan festival origin' cliche, is untenable.
Thank you my brother... This is what the fail to understand.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
@Bolded, plz tell me what and what did the pagans dictate for me.
@Red text, for you to have make use of an idol calendar, makes you an idol worshipper. So said your brother truthlyt.

The reasons why xmas is pagan has been discussed here over and over...have you not been paying attention??.......

Truthis light Only gave the reasons for birthday celebrations and why no servant of God engaged in it..............when did truthislight dabble into the months making up the calender??.......don't misconstrue his words just to run away from truths...........truthislife gave a brief reason why pagans celebrated there birthdays and why they were the only ones who did it..........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
...while you have nothing but a bunch of pagans dictating what you should do and how you should do it...........

Who are these pagans?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

the use of pagan names for dating is a pagan observance, and it has crept into Christianity because Christians accepted and use it. So it is relevant. If you don't want christmas, you must also invent your own calender or rely on the Jewish calender for your dating cos everyday in the current calender is pagan and according to brother truthislight each day has a demonic spirit attached to it. You just have to do away with the current calender.
Dont mind them... Just showing their hypocricy to every one. You can not accept what suits you and do away with what you dont want, and still come to attack others who accepted it as their own believe.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

And your aim here has not been to knw the truth about xmas,but to perpetually engage in self gratification and paganism all in the name of Jesus...............

The bible you hold made use of Jewish dates and that is how we knw the month and date of the passover and still allign it till this moment..you guys have no reason and no back up for xmas celebration.....and don't you guys misconstrue truthislights words.........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

Who are these pagans?

Tell me you don't know......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

The reasons why xmas is pagan has been discussed here over and over...have you not been paying attention??.......

Truthis light Only gave the reasons for birthday celebrations and why no servant of God engaged in it..............when did truthislight dabble into the months making up the calender??.......don't misconstrue his words just to run away from truths...........truthislife gave a brief reason why pagans celebrated there birthdays and why they were the only ones who did it..........

From what you guys have been saying, i still havent seen any reason why xmas is pagan. And mind you, the truthslyt is basing his reason on the fact that dec 25th is used for sun god worship and so celebrating christmas that day is pagan worship. (did you now see how he relatted sun god worship ro xmas.)... Now, in the same way using truthlyt logic, am telling you that the day in which you celebrate Nisan 14 is equally attributed to a spirit/idol (according to truthlyt) so in the same way, you are equallly worship that spirit on that particular day.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

And your aim here has not been to knw the truth about xmas,but to perpetually engage in self gratification and paganism all in the name of Jesus...............

The bible you hold made use of Jewish dates and that is how we knw the month and date of the passover and still allign it till this moment..you guys have no reason and no back up for xmas celebration.....and don't you guys misconstrue truthislights words.........

Who is misquoting truthlight... That was what he said. Now i see that you have not been following this thread. Plz go back and read up then come and show me where i misquoted him.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Dont mind them... Just showing their hypocricy to every one. You can not accept what suits you and do away with what you dont want, and still come to attack others who accepted it as their own believe.

You asked when was the passover date answer was given....you asked why it should be commemorated answer was also given from the scriptures.........

You guys have NO answers biblically why you celebrate xmas..........

Nothing.........

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

How will he know, whilst you are the ones shouting with every confidence that we are worshipping idol. So i guess you should know which of the idol that we are worshipping.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

You asked when was the passover date answer was given....you asked why it should be commemorated answer was also given from the scriptures.........

You guys have NO answers biblically why you celebrate xmas..........

Nothing.........
I keep on telling you, that i am rejoicing just as the angels did when christ was born. So what else do you want to hear from me.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

To be honest, i don't. so tell me.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
From what you guys have been saying, i still havent seen any reason why xmas is pagan. And mind you, the truthslyt is basing his reason on the fact that dec 25th is used for sun god worship and so celebrating christmas that day is pagan worship. (did you now see how he relatted sun god worship ro xmas.)... Now, in the same way using truthlyt logic, am telling you that the day in which you celebrate Nisan 14 is equally attributed to a spirit/idol (according to truthlyt) so in the same way, you are equallly worship that spirit on that particular day.

So are you still arguing that dec 25th is false and that it was exactly the date snatched from pagans that was used for the worship of there sun god??.....are still trying to lie that Jesus's birth day was dec 25th..........you see why I said you are misconstruing truthislights words??.........the question is why are you celebrating the birthday of Christ on dec 25th??.......I should have stopped this argument since the moment you guys agreed Jesus wasn't born on dec 25th.....I had just been wasting my time........

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

To be honest, i don't. so tell me.

Start readin from the 1st page and then you'll get your answer........smh!!!!......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
How will he know, whilst you are the ones shouting with every confidence that we are worshipping idol. So i guess you should know which of the idol that we are worshipping.

Start reading from page one and stop this childs play........its a waste of time arguing with persons who have even agreed that the proposed date for Christ birthday was a scam......all we did was show how you guys arrived at that scam....
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
And your aim here has not been to knw the truth about xmas,

...and what truth are you telling us we don't know. We know that:

1. xmas is the annual commemoration of the birth of Christ
2. xmas was initiated by the catholic church in an attempt to win over your pals (the saturnalia worshippers) to the Christian fold, assist them in doing away with their pagan feast.
3. the church chosed the pagan feast day to block the possibility of your pals going back to observe their feast after celebraating that of the church (if it was to hold on a different date)
3. the implementation was not 100% perfect resulting in the inclusion of some of the activities undertaken during the pagan feast in xmas celebrations
4. over time the celebration was refined, some activities were taken out or modified, and some peeps decided to spice up their celebration by adding some other activities.

so what other truth are you telling us?

is it that xmas was not mentioned in the bible? we already know that.
is that there were only few instances in the bible that mentioned birthday celebrations and these celebrations were held by non Jewish kings? we already know that.
is it that in the first instance a life was lost and another was saved leading to Joseph regaining his freedom? this we know
is it that in the second case Herod's wife used the opportunity to ask for the head of John the baptist? this we already know

is there any other truth that is not your personal opinion you want to share with us? Please let hear it.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
Start readin from the 1st page and then you'll get your answer........smh!!!!......

I don't assume. if you referred to some group of people as pagans you have to tell who these peeps are. am not in your head to know the peeps you are referring to and i know your head is not scattered 100% on the NL pages. i want to believe that you made that post in error.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

....and you know the bolded is an accusation you cannot defend/or provide support for. If not that this is an e-forum, you will be surrendering your monthly NYSC allowee to me for defamation of character.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:
The bible you hold made use of Jewish dates and that is how we knw the month and date of the passover and still allign it till this moment..

good talk @bolded. So you know the pagan roman calendar is not in the bible, how come you still rely on it? and the bible did not instruct that we use the roman calendar abi?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

You talk like you are the one that started the thread.

SMH sad
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
plendil:

in that regard what exactly has been achieved?

Yes, i learnt alot because i never took into cognizant what i use to partake in until i went through this thread and also did my own research to see that i am actually partaking in a fraud.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

So are you still arguing that dec 25th is false and that it was exactly the date snatched from pagans that was used for the worship of there sun god??.....are still trying to lie that Jesus's birth day was dec 25th..........you see why I said you are misconstruing truthislights words??.........the question is why are you celebrating the birthday of Christ on dec 25th??.......I should have stopped this argument since the moment you guys agreed Jesus wasn't born on dec 25th.....I had just been wasting my time........
Hmmm... So your problem now is no longer the celebration, but the date in which it is celebrated. Now if Christmas is to be celebrated on 10th of Oct, will it cease to be a pagan practice in your eyes?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Hmmm... So your problem now is no longer the celebration, but the date in which it is celebrated. Now if Christmas is to be celebrated on 10th of Oct, will it cease to be a pagan practice in your eyes?

Date,custom etc ....everything is wrong.........rich4god its wrong....all wrong.......I was only just emphasizing that the date(dec 25th) was the beginning of the scam called xmas................the truth is even if today you are told Christ was really born in OCTober(ofcus he wasn't born dec 25th),you guys would never switch....xmas has been seriously programmed to tally with the pagan observance it was taken from..............you can all continue to wallow in this pagan heathen celebration called xmas......when you are satisfied with it you might come to your senses.........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Date,custom etc ....everything is wrong.........rich4god its wrong....all wrong.......I was only just emphasizing that the date(dec 25th) was the beginning of the scam called xmas................the truth is even if today you are told Christ was really born in OCTober(ofcus he wasn't born dec 25th),you guys would never switch....xmas has been seriously programmed to tally with the pagan observance it was taken from..............you can all continue to wallow in this pagan heathen celebration called xmas......when you are satisfied with it you might come to your senses.........
You are the person terming it wrong and calling it a scam because never in the bible were it written that xmas celebration is wrong neither did the bible tell me that its a pagan pratice to celebrate xmas.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rich4god:
You are the person terming it wrong and calling it a scam because never in the bible were it written that xmas celebration is wrong neither did the bible tell me that its a pagan pratice to celebrate xmas.

Smh!!!!!.............I'm not the one terming it wrong....xmas itself is telling you ""I am wrong"".................""Christ wasn't born on xmas day"".............you are the one that should be opening the scriptures to support christmas not me..............
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Zikkyy:

"There is nothing like praise worship on a special day called xmas", but there is something like food on a special day called xmas, and that food is pagan angry you see yourself angry the praise worship is an xmas special; its the first thing i do before the chop-chop. You have the courage to condemn the food aspect because you believe it's risk free but refer me to bible to go and decide for my self when it comes to praise worship angry you see yourself na?

Why are you taking this so personal? this is a general bases...Christmas is celebrated world wide and the motive is uniform. My point is that, the scripture did not instruct this feast how much more laying a command that it´s a day set aside for «praise and worship» . Zikkyy i beg enjoy ur chop chop.....u are faced with the word of God condemning these type of tradition, but you just can`t lets them go for Jesus. So bro...enjoy ur chop chop....gift, drinks, speacial praise and worshp hahaha..... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
truthislight:

who is the almighty?

Jesus or Yahweh?

You are blinded my friend.

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Sorry my friend, you are lost here.

"You celebrate the birth of the almighty God!"

you are still a trinitarian that avoid trinity thread so that you dont abandon trinity and also Chrismas rice.

Chop chop guy.

Red stew was a problem to esau, you better watched your self befor red stew land you in problem.

grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin ⇒⇒⇒ This truthislight go finish me with laugh here oooooo *red stew* hahahaha....!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.