Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ (14197 Views)

I Am One Of Those Who Believed That Islam Is Not A Religion If Violence But? / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals / What To Do If Violence Breaks Out In A Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
YOU'VE NOT SAID ANYTHING REASONABLE. Between you and gej I know no who yab pass,
Demdem: Such comments can only come from the kai-kai infected brain from otuekpe.
The daft one himself, Retardeen Ebele Jonathan Goodluck.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
HOW CAN THEY CRITICIZE CONSTRUCTIVELY WHEN THEY'VE BEEN BLINDED BY HATRED AND OF COURSE WE ALL KNOW THAT LOTS OF WHAT IS GOING ON IS A PROPAGANDA AND THEIR FOOT SOLDIERS ARE EVERYWHERE BUT GOD IS WATCHING THEM ON 5D.
Mr shroud: You can't offer a religious explanation, to a national crisis..NIGERIA IS FULL OF DIVERSE RELIGIONS AND ETHNIC GROUPS. Its an out-of-place question..pls {to N/LANDERS} criticize constructively.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by dejgan: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
Africa’s most populous nation, roughly divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominately Christian south[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Northern Nigeria is not "MAINLY" muslim....predominantly may be the right word. These uninformed foreign press are a major problem in this Boko issue...taking advantage of the ignorance of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by drmary: 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ha!jonatanu
O se wa go bayi

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
berem: Sincere nigerian i can see you viewing this thread.wetin you get to talk for this matter? cheesy
I can see the HATERS are feasting on this thread and having a swell time. It is very unfortunate that all the HATERS do these days is jump from pillar to post, hunting for any piece of negative or perceived negative report, and if they find any, they settle there and feast on it.
I agree the president erred by saying such in public but that does not mean the statement is wrong. I am a Christian and I believe that the "end times" will come. An important sign of the "end times" is upsurge in violence world wide. However, the doctrine of "end times" means nothing to non-christians. Perhaps the president got carried away thinking his speech will not get out of the four walls of the church. Perhaps the president has been visiting churches too frequently these days. But who will blame Mr president? Being a christian, he can only take solace in the church considering the unprecedented boko haram onslaught. I think it is very proper for Mr president to seek spiritual help to complement the physical efforts (JTF and co) in crushing boko haram, which is the biggest but man-made challenge confronting Nigeria now. But no one is under any illusion that the ungodly will understand these things.
I can also see some persons trying to build political capital or erect a mansion on this issue. All such intent will be NULL and VOID. Elections are not won on the basis of statements or mis-firing. If elections were won on the basis of speech, then the PDP candidate in the last Ondo election would have won, someone like Buhari would not be able to muster more than 10 votes in any election, and perhaps Shekarau would have won the 2011 elections. The real action is on ground.
In conclusion, I admit the president erred in making such statement in public but to err is human and the president is not some supernatural, all-knowing person that is mistake proof. At times, mistakes are made at the spurr of the moment.
I must also add that no one can say conclusively that Mr president actually said those things(no video confirmation)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
Over to the 40-laptop squad to try defnd this rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by phlamy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
ok
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher, why engage in vituperative exchanges? Simply type your post and leave. Is GEJ even complaining?
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere-Nigerian, the people you call haters have their FACTS and you come here posting a collection of MAYBES. Remember how GEJ cooked up facts about Nigeria's position in the corruption fight? You guys should get your acts right cos this is 2013, the year of beta phones and more MBs. Calamity Jona may have to mention Nairaland in his calamity speeches.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Omen100(m): 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I can see the HATERS are feasting on this thread and having a swell time. It is very unfortunate that all the HATERS do these days is jump from pillar to post, hunting for any piece of negative or perceived negative report, and if they find any, they settle there and feast on it.
I agree the president erred by saying such in public but that does not mean the statement is wrong. I am a Christian and I believe that the "end times" will come. An important sign of the "end times" is upsurge in violence world wide. However, the doctrine of "end times" means nothing to non-christians. Perhaps the president got carried away thinking his speech will not get out of the four walls of the church. Perhaps the president has been visiting churches too frequently these days. But who will blame Mr president? Being a christian, he can only take solace in the church considering the unprecedented boko haram onslaught. I think it is very proper for Mr president to seek spiritual help to complement the physical efforts (JTF and other co) in crushing boko haram, which is the biggest but man-made challenge confronting Nigeria now. But know one is under any illusion that the ungodly will understand these things.
I can also see some persons trying to build political capital or erect a mansion on this issue. All such intent will be NULL and VOID. Elections are not won on the basis of statements or mis-firing. If elections were won on the basis of speech, then the PDP candidate in the last Ondo election would have won and someone like Buhari would not be able to muster more than 10 votes in any election.. The real action is on ground.
In conclusion, I admit the president erred in making such statement in public but to err is human and the president is not some supernatural, all-knowing person that is mistake proof. At times, mistakes are made at the spurr of the moment.

Sincere liar u nor get shame 4 ur eyes? Pls note that nobody hate or are attacking jonathan as a person but we are attacking him as a clueless r3tarded shoeless president who doesn't know when to open his mouth & when 2 close it, u are just one of those unsincered nigerian who are not helping him but contributing to jonathan's failures.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
AS LONG AS HATERS LIKE YOU CONTINUES TO ABUSE AND CURSE THE NUMBER ONE CITIZEN OF THIS GREAT NATION I'LL SIT TIGHT AND GIVE THEM THE SAME DOSAGE OF INSULT AFTER ALL IT'S ALSO MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO SPEAK MY MIND....IT'S CALLED FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION HE NEEDS NOT TO COMPLAIN FOR ME TO DEFEND HIM . HE'S STILL MY COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
Jerie: Truckpusher, why engage in vituperative exchanges? Simply type your post and leave. Is GEJ even complaining?
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by kwajahafiz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
Oh my God. Did our president say those exact things?.
I must keep on thinking he did not. Some one must be trying to make this man look bad.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jerie: Sincere-Nigerian, the people you call haters have their FACTS and you come here posting a collection of MAYBES. Remember how GEJ cooked up facts about Nigeria's position in the corruption fight? You guys should get your acts right cos this is 2013, the year of beta phones and more MBs. Calamity Jona may have to mention Nairaland in his calamity speeches.
lol..,what facts are you talking about? More than 80% of what these HATERS spew on this forum are LIES. If you follow my comments (and open the links), and you'r fair minded, you'll see in some of the threads that must of the things they write are LIES. I mean naked LIE. If you have the time, you can go thru the thread about how the FG has expended the funds saved from partial removal of subsidy. There you'll see SHAMELESS lies by persons who simply HATE this govt and this HATE dates back to 2011. What do call a persons who dismiss completion of the Lagos-Kano rail line by the FG with billions of naira but at the same celebrate the commissioning of N150million(or thereabout) power sub-station by Osun govt? What do you call such characters? I call them HATERS.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
What sign of end times? A strong president won't be asking this stupid question...... Now I can see why Nigerians are worried about this man, he is so incompetent.

Most countries have had much difficult problems than Boko Haram, and I'm sure their leaders weren't saying it is the sign of the end times.... Churchill didn't say that when the Nazis were flexing their muscles, Bush didn't say that when the World trade centre collapsed, etc.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: AS LONG AS HATERS LIKE YOU CONTINUE(S) TO ABUSE AND CURSE THE NUMBER ONE CITIZEN OF THIS GREAT NATION(comma) I'LL SIT TIGHT AND GIVE THEM THE SAME DOSAGE OF INSULT , AFTER ALL (comma) IT'S ALSO MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO SPEAK MY MIND....IT'S CALLED FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION(comma again) HE NEEDS NOT TO COMPLAIN FOR ME TO DEFEND HIM , HE'S STILL MY COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
Don't call me an hater, I find that disrespectful. Irrespective of the fact that you have a constitutional right to express your opinions, I also have a right to protect myself from your grammatical errors. BTW, stop typing in CapsLock, it's rude.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
lol..,what facts are you talking about? More than 80% of what these HATERS spew on this forum are LIES. If you follow my comments (and open the links), and you'r fair minded, you'll see in some of the threads that must of the things they write are LIES. I mean naked LIE. If you have the time, you can go thru the thread about how the FG has expended the funds saved from partial removal of subsidy. There you'll see SHAMELESS lies by persons who simply HATE this govt and this HATE dates back to 2011. What do call a persons who dismiss completion of the Lagos-Kano rail line by the FG with billions of naira but at the same celebrate the commissioning of N150million(or thereabout) power sub-station by Osun govt? What do you call such characters? I call them HATERS.
Let me describe the situation to you,
GEJ is like a night watchman who tells his boss that he dreamed that thieves stole from the house. He was weak enough to sleep on duty, slept deeply to dream of thieves attacked, and then stupid enough to tell his boss the dream. The difference between GEJ and the watchman is that GEJ has now, the thieves have struck and GEJ is reminding his boss that he warned him after he dreamed. Clueless Jona has made a pig's breakfast of his job and has now adopted the job of a Seer.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile: This daft clown is a curse on Nigeria..

Wasn't OBJ a better clown Don't insult Mr. President. Alas!

THE ENDTIME IS HERE !!!
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
kulutempa: This just in from America's ABC News:

"But Jonathan's remarks offer a glimpse into the worried leader's mind as his weak government remains unable to stop attacks by the sect known as Boko Haram."

"This isn't the first time Jonathan, who sometimes fumbles through public speeches, has made dire pronouncements about security in Nigeria"

There you have it. The fumbling leader of a weak government. Good luck Nigerians in 2013.

Link http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nigeria-president-likens-nations-unrest-syria-18099604#.UOG2j2dKQ0Y

I read the story from your link and rolled in laughter... Mr. President, sit up. No, stand up.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jerie:
GEJ is like a night watchman who tells his boss that he dreamed that thieves stole from the house. He was weak enough to sleep on duty, slept deeply to dream of thieves attacked, and then stupid enough to tell his boss the dream. The difference between GEJ and the watchman is that GEJ has now, the thieves have struck and GEJ is reminding his boss that he warned him after he dreamed. Clueless Jona has made a pig's breakfast of his job and has now adopted the job of a Seer.
This is an insurgency. It is a battle within, not nation vs nation war. If you'r not a child you would know that insurgencies(especially the types coloured with religion) are very delicate and complex situations that if not properly handled may split the Nigerian military into 2 camps and plunge the country into another civil war or balkanise the country. Insurgencies all over the world are very difficult to curtail and often takes decades to resolve simply because the enemies are within with significant part of the country sympathetic to the course of the insurgents
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
fellis: I hope this topic is taken to FP so that jonathan's supporters will witness the wonderful manifestations of their dear president.
Terrorist attacks that have been taking place worldwide for ages is what this man is asking whether they are a sign of end times.

Hahahahahaha . Do you know that you are funny ? Yes, I do...
LMAO! When u run out of ideas, blame it on the end times. Nigeria is in trouble with this man. Doesn't he have PR or protocol aids to stop him from saying embarassing things like this? Weak!
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by elliottibanga(m): 4:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jonathan, ever since the subsidy removal fiasco, has had bad public relations with the average Nigerian. The fact that he would rather put the brunt of corruption reform on the very poor and helpless instead of the corrupt politicians and co, has made him one of Nigeria's most disliked Head of state.

His daily statements have not helped either. If ever there was a president who critically needed public speaking lectures, Jonathan would be that president.

The way forward is simple my dear presido. Talk less, Think and act more! Let your positive actions do your talking for you.

....in other words stop talking like a du.mba$$. You're making us look bad.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by HarvardGrad: 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
vanstanzy:

U saw it as kneeling before Adegboye (a mere mortal). But most probably he& Adegboye saw it as kneeling before God. Mind what u spew from ur "Mandibles", else what happened to King Davids wife happens to u. She got cursed for mocking David when he danced praising God.

What lame comment. angry angry angry angry

Nigerians do not deserve this presidential mess. I am a southerner and a christian at that but I find it unconscionable that GEJ presides over the monumentally corrupt and effete contraption he calls a government and instead of acting like the GCFR he is supposed to be continues to chase shadows. He is THE PRESIDENT for chrissakes!
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This is an insurgency. It is a battle within, not nation vs nation war. If you'r not a child you would know that insurgencies(especially the types coloured with religion) are very delicate and complex situations that if not properly handled may split the Nigerian military into 2 camps and plunge the country into another civil war or balkanise the country. Insurgencies all over the world are very difficult to curtail and often takes decades to resolve simply because the enemies are within with significant part of the country sympathetic to the course of the insurgents

This is the reason why the strong do not mix with the weak, the rich with the poor, the smart with the stupid. The lack of ideas of Clueless Jona has so rubbed off on you that you are now conjuring up imaginary excuses for his abject failure. If the Commander-in-Chief of my countyr's Armed Forces can't defend me, who can? I stage a peaceful protest against hike in fuel price and he sends soldiers after me. BH kill soldiers on monday and GEJ negotiates wt BH on tuesday. On wednesday, he tells the soldiers to go after BH.
Lesson learnt: don't let GEJ's stupidity rub-off on you, you're too intelligent for that.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Eziachi: 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
Dhelake: Having GEJ has our president is clearly a sign of end time
Please its not his fault, Buhari must have put the words into his mouth. Wait till Prophet Abati explains this one.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Eziachi: 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Thanks for the lecture on insurgency, probably you think Nairaland is made of children from Jankara market nursery school. Boko Haram style of events are not completely new in Nigeria.
In the 80s there was one like it in Borno and within 2 weeks Buhari's govt put them to bed for ever. Buhari was there in person conducting things, personally reassuring the running victims, especially the Igbo business community, but in Jonathan's case, more than a year later, he thinks Borno is to hot for him to visit even by flying over it.
What is end time is finding a person of his character/intellect at the helm of leadership of any nation, especially a complex one like Nigeriana.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Gbawe: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
Eziachi:

Thanks for the lecture on insurgency, probably you think Nairaland is made of children from Jankara market nursery school. Boko Haram style of events are not completely new in Nigeria.
In the 80s there was one like it in Borno and within 2 weeks Buhari's govt put them to bed for ever. Buhari was there in person conducting things, personally reassuring the running victims, especially the Igbo business community, but in Jonathan's case, more than a year later, he thinks Borno is to hot for him to visit even by flying over it.
What is end time is finding a person of his character/intellect at the helm of leadership of any nation, especially a complex one like Nigeriana.

Oga Eziachi, long time. As you are one of the few Nairalanders worthy of the respect of all, I wish you a happy new year. keep being you because it is your kind who add true value to this forum as truly wise men.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
GRAMMATICAL ERROR?...DUDE YOU'RE PATHETIC. POINTING OUT MY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS SHOWS HOW DIRTY YOU CAN GO TO WIN THIS ARGUMENT, BESIDES I'M TYPING IN CAPSLOCK AND YOU STILL MANAGE TO FIND OUT WHERE THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS ARE BUT I WASN'T SURPRISED....MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU THAT I HAVE A RIGHT TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM YOUR COC/K ENGLISH-CHECK YOUR PHRASES DUMBO.
Jerie:
Don't call me an hater, I find that disrespectful. Irrespective of the fact that you have a constitutional right to express your opinions, I also have a right to protect myself from your grammatical errors. BTW, stop typing in CapsLock, it's rude.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
Eziachi:

It is very unfortunate that you'r comparing an era where bow and arrow and other crude weapons were used and this era of global terrorism where suicide bombing and improvised explosive devices are deployed at will. If I may ask, how long did it take Britain to stop the insurgency led by IRA? Why hasn't Pakistan, a country that has far superior security system compared to Nigeria, stopped the Taliban (our own equivalent of Boko haram) led insurgency? Even recently, it was reported that a bomb went off in Pakistan killing a senior govt official and some other persons. Were the Americans able to stop insurgency in Iraq before they ran away? It was easy to stop the insurgency in the 80's because crude weapons were used then and the country's security system was equal to the task. After all Buhari didn't carry AK-47 to go and crush the insurgents. It was the same police, army, SSS and other security agencies, who are currently battling boko haram, that did the job then.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sorry, wrong post in the wrong thread. Moderators, please delete this post
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GEJ AND THE WATCHMAN IS THAT GEJ HAS NOW(COMMA) APART FROM THE COMMA CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT KIND OF GRAMMATICAL COMPOSITION WAS THAT?....YOUR GBAUGUN NA APOLOGY OYA GO SLEEP FOR SWAMP MUTHERFUCKIN LOWLIFE .YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WANABE. grin grin grin grin grin
Jerie:
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: GRAMMATICAL ERROR?...DUDE YOU'RE PATHETIC. POINTING OUT MY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS SHOWS HOW DIRTY YOU CAN GO TO WIN THIS ARGUMENT, BESIDES I'M TYPING IN CAPSLOCK AND YOU STILL MANAGE TO FIND OUT WHERE THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS ARE BUT I WASN'T SURPRISED....MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU THAT I HAVE A RIGHT TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM YOUR COC/K ENGLISH-CHECK YOUR PHRASES DUMBO.

Boy, I don't think you need to go as far as calling me names to state your points. Attack the arguments, not the person. Calling me 'pathetic' may just be the biggest mistake of your life. Anyway, I'm in a good mood today and won't retaliate your gutter manners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read / Malami To Pursue 2023 Presidential Ambition With Firm Control Of EFCC Fund - SR / Secession Agitators Plotting Violence In South West – YAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.