Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,365 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ (14222 Views)

I Am One Of Those Who Believed That Islam Is Not A Religion If Violence But? / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals / What To Do If Violence Breaks Out In A Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Jerie(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GEJ AND THE WATCHMAN IS THAT GEJ HAS NOW(COMMA) APART FROM THE COMMA CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT KIND OF GRAMMATICAL COMPOSITION WAS THAT?....YOUR GBAUGUN NA APOLOGY OYA GO SLEEP FOR SWAMP MUTHERFUCKIN LOWLIFE .YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WANABE. grin grin grin grin grin
Boy, refer to my earlier post. Best regards.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
In all of these arguements back and forth, no one can say conclusively that Mr president said those things. So far, only one source (AFP) reported it but other media organisations were also there. How come only AFP heard it when Mr said those things? The visit of Mr president to that particular church (the brethren church or something like that) was reported by several media organisations but none made mention of "end times". Even media organisations that are perpetually looking for perceived negative reports to embarrass the president- Premium Times, Punch and SR- are yet to report it at this moment. Even when they eventually report it, they will most likely quote the same source- AFP. AFP was not the only media organisation present there.
Even if Mr president mentioned "end times" it will also be good to know in what context he did that. Was it a side talk? Was it a joke? I dont know. But I'm just raising posers because my first comment and indeed most comment so far assumed Mr president actually said those things as reported but its possible that may not be the case or perhaps the context may be different from what was reported. These days there are many mischievous media organisations(including foreign ones). The activities of the foreign media organisations are becoming very suspicious especially now that virtually all of them are setting up hausa service in the north( no Igbo or Yoruba service).
Anyway, it will be good if we can see the video.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by babapupa: 7:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
AP is anti GEJ too ? This is why we don't take you laptop crew seriously. You are all jokers just like the clown you are defending

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
babapupa: AP is anti GEJ too ? This is why we don't take you laptop crew seriously. You are all jokers just like the clown you are defending
My friend, stop calling yourself names. The clowns,etc that you call yourself, will not help in this discourse. What I raised are questions, possibilities and posers. You dont expect me to swallow whatever a lone media organisation reported as the gospel truth? Do you? Let other media organisations write similar report using their own source or better still lets see the video of the whole saga. I know for sure that Channelstv was there and they reported it but never mentioned "end times". Even if NTA is not reliable as govt media organisation, channelstv is independent
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by kulutempa: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, stop calling yourself names. The clowns,etc that you call yourself, will not help in this discourse. What I raised are questions, possibilities and posers. You dont expect me to swallow whatever a lone media organisation reported as the gospel truth? Do you? Let other media organisations write similar report using their own source or better still lets see the video of the whole saga. I know for sure that Channelstv was there and they reported it but never mentioned "end times". Even if NTA is not reliable as govt media organisation, channelstv is independent

Calm down now. Why don't you leave the denial to Jonathan if indeed he did not say so, or was misquoted, instead of speculating. Let the maker of the statement defend himself and issue a disclaimer.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
choi...na so we go start new year,jonathan kuku leave aso rock and become evangelist,since u dey church day and night,dey misyarn wetin ur daddy go dey tell u....e go better at all!may God have mercy on our souls
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
cheesyundecided quote author=Jerie]

Boy, I don't think you need to go as far as calling me names to state your points. Attack the arguments, not the person. Calling me 'pathetic' may just be the biggest mistake of your life. Anyway, I'm in a good mood today and won't retaliate your gutter manners.[/quote]
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
DID YOU READ THE TOPIC OR YOU JUST FOLLOWED THE CROWED?
ehie: choi...na so we go start new year,jonathan kuku leave aso rock and become evangelist,since u dey church day and night,dey misyarn wetin ur daddy go dey tell u....e go better at all!may God have mercy on our souls
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
Go sleep joor I don't talk to FILTHY DRUGGIES FILLED WITH HATE LIKE YOU
Jerie:
Boy, refer to my earlier post. Best regards.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by babapupa: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, stop calling yourself names. The clowns,etc that you call yourself, will not help in this discourse. What I raised are questions, possibilities and posers. You dont expect me to swallow whatever a lone media organisation reported as the gospel truth? Do you? Let other media organisations write similar report using their own source or better still lets see the video of the whole saga. I know for sure that Channelstv was there and they reported it but never mentioned "end times" . Even if NTA is not reliable as govt media organisation, channelstv is independent

Quit wasting your typing rubbish, I don't take the laptop crew seriously just like I said.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
Another lowlIfe on the loose
babapupa:

Quit wasting your typing rubbish, I don't take the laptop crew seriously just like I said.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
@sincere nigerian and laptop forty...paid to be stiipid...write all u want,u are on ur own vertigo merrydance...lol..endtimes indeed,did ur ur boss then contribute to the endtimes by arresting and publicising the policemen who arrested bokoharam when yaradua was in power,was it not jonathan that set the bokoharam kingpins free who later killed the judge that incarcerated them?abegi make me hear word
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: DID YOU READ THE TOPIC OR YOU JUST FOLLOWED THE CROWED?
i woke up to the crow who crowed,but not the crowd who crowed*heheh*my bad,a crow craws,cocks crow,so it was a cock who crowed,truckpusher aka supporter of the alu lynchers,,,idiata
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
I REMEMBER YOU ....STILL BREATHING?...YOU ARE STILL ROLLING WITH YOUR CULT BOY FRIEND?
ehie: i woke up to the crow who crowed,but not the crowd who crowed*heheh*my bad,a crow craws,cocks crow,so it was a cock who crowed,truckpusher aka supporter of the alu lynchers,,,idiata
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by miqos02(m): 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
this gej should talkless and let his work speak for him
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Truckpusher(m): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
I thInk same thIng he's got to much haters
miqos02: this gej should talkless and let his work speak for him
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: I REMEMBER YOU ....STILL BREATHING?...YOU ARE STILL ROLLING WITH YOUR CULT BOY FRIEND?
do i seem to u as someone who talks to lynchers?no...not going to make this thread about u jose,nor will i spare u my fonts,take a hike into the abyss u call ur life..nomore nitpicking words that will turn into ur m.o squabbles..u dig?hope u still gat a brain in that lump that sits on ya neck...
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by babapupa: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
Truckpusher: Another lowlIfe on the loose

What is your laptop number? Number HIV40? Nuisance.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
kulutempa:

Calm down now. Why don't you leave the denial to Jonathan if indeed he did not say so, or was misquoted, instead of speculating. Let the maker of the statement defend himself and issue a disclaimer.
Read my comments properly. I didn't deny anything but I raised questions, possibilities and posers that should bother every deep thinker
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Eziachi: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Gbawe:

Oga Eziachi, long time. As you are one of the few Nairalanders worthy of the respect of all, I wish you a happy new year. keep being you because it is your kind who add true value to this forum as truly wise men.
I wish you all the best too. Have a nice day.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Eziachi: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is very unfortunate that you'r comparing an era where bow and arrow and other crude weapons were used and this era of global terrorism where suicide bombing and improvised explosive devices are deployed at will. If I may ask, how long did it take Britain to stop the insurgency led by IRA? Why hasn't Pakistan, a country that has far superior security system compared to Nigeria, stopped the Taliban (our own equivalent of Boko haram) led insurgency? Even recently, it was reported that a bomb went off in Pakistan killing a senior govt official and some other persons. Were the Americans able to stop insurgency in Iraq before they ran away? It was easy to stop the insurgency in the 80's because crude weapons were used then and the country's security system was equal to the task. After all Buhari didn't carry AK-47 to go and crush the insurgents. It was the same police, army, SSS and other security agencies, who are currently battling boko haram, that did the job then.
I can't recall Maggie Thatcher or John Major telling IRA bomb victims that its end time, so they should take it. I can't remember anyone that died and their family rejoices because they were killed by bow and arrow instead of timed bomb. You makes the 80s sound like it was in the stone ages and then you forgot that in the 80s national security sophistication cannot be compared to the present day era of satellite/mobile tech. Which mean it should be easier to fight crime/Boko Haram today than it was in the 80s with an improved intelligence gathering.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Eziachi: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: In all of these arguements back and forth, no one can say conclusively that Mr president said those things. So far, only one source (AFP) reported it but other media organisations were also there. How come only AFP heard it when Mr said those things? The visit of Mr president to that particular church (the brethren church or something like that) was reported by several media organisations but none made mention of "end times". Even media organisations that are perpetually looking for perceived negative reports to embarrass the president- Premium Times, Punch and SR- are yet to report it at this moment. Even when they eventually report it, they will most likely quote the same source- AFP. AFP was not the only media organisation present there.
Even if Mr president mentioned "end times" it will also be good to know in what context he did that. Was it a side talk? Was it a joke? I dont know. But I'm just raising posers because my first comment and indeed most comment so far assumed Mr president actually said those things as reported but its possible that may not be the case or perhaps the context may be different from what was reported. These days there are many mischievous media organisations(including foreign ones). The activities of the foreign media organisations are becoming very suspicious especially now that virtually all of them are setting up hausa service in the north( no Igbo or Yoruba service).
Anyway, it will be good if we can see the video.
I saw it in the American ABC News, good enough for your defence?
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by DaLover(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Gbawe:

We are not going to be "free" of anything as long as ethnic/religious/sectional bias and sentiments remain a factor in how Nigerians make decisions. My brother, think about it yourself. How many Nations of the world do you know where citizens are sentimental to the extent they would ignore the very mediocre history of a candidate, that screams "future failure" , and insist on voting for him merely because they resent the ethnicity, region of origin and religion of the other candidates who are a million times better?

Inspected logically, factually and without sentiments, nothing, I repeat nothing, indicated GEJ would even be average let alone effective. If anything, his history showed a man primed to fail and "underwhelm" as we are seeing now. Yet Nigerians, confirming my suspicion they are among the least politically sophisticated in the world, trooped to the polling station to cast their vote for a self-confessed mediocrity. While PDP remains powerful, simpletons and 'business-as-usual' stooges is all they will ever supply. "Boy with no shoe" propaganda, plus appeals to the sentimental and biased nature of Nigerians, will do the rest.

All these insults because someone tried to wean you off free oil money...is that how hooked you and other ingrates here have become?
While call other ethnic and tribalism, the real one is you...you have nothing constructive to offer, yet you come here to make the loudest noise.
Tell me why the president as a Christian cannot express what all other Christians have been told?
You and ur Shylock crew deliberately refused to look at the component of the speech were gej promises to end the book haram terror?

You blame Nigerians for choosing gej without history but show me the history of the alternatives..
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by ProGSM(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
No one is allowed to insult a president.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by ballabriggs: 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
Jona is searching for "end times", meanwhile, Jona and Ngozi done carry N5 trillion run.

Dem wan go hell fire go chop am? Na waoh!!!
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by ballabriggs: 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
[s]
DaLover:

All these insults because someone tried to wean you off free oil money...is that how hooked you and other ingrates here have become?
While call other ethnic and tribalism, the real one is you...you have nothing constructive to offer, yet you come here to make the loudest noise.
Tell me why the president as a Christian cannot express what all other Christians have been told?
You and ur Shylock crew deliberately refused to look at the component of the speech were gej promises to end the book haram terror?

You blame Nigerians for choosing gej without history but show me the history of the alternatives..
[/s]

Rubbish!!!
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by DaLover(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
patanjaly: If the problem of Gej is corruption i wouldnt mind but genocide is happening in north n all u can say as pres. is that "we have to live with it" or its end time.do u guys know that indigious xtian in borno n yobe are leaving thier ancestors villages to other places as refuges? But u will not read it on newspaper .that place near maiduguri that 15 xtian where killed was established as refuge camp 4 those who left thier homes.but still this murderer followed them.where is orejafor CAN who are supporters to gej to defend those innocent people?

How do you know all he is doing is talking?
What's your analysis of his security arrangements?
Where can improvements be made?

If all we do is to come here and blab, being too lazy to even cross check simple facts and recommend intelligent suggestions how do u expect anyone to take you seriously.

Following the moronic crowd of demdem, eko lie, dayokanu, gnawed will not aid you...these are frustrated lagos axis persons who which to their own ethnic logic on the rest of the country.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by seunajia: 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I can see the HATERS are feasting on this thread and having a swell time. It is very unfortunate that all the HATERS do these days is jump from pillar to post, hunting for any piece of negative or perceived negative report, and if they find any, they settle there and feast on it.
I agree the president erred by saying such in public but that does not mean the statement is wrong. I am a Christian and I believe that the "end times" will come. An important sign of the "end times" is upsurge in violence world wide. However, the doctrine of "end times" means nothing to non-christians. Perhaps the president got carried away thinking his speech will not get out of the four walls of the church. Perhaps the president has been visiting churches too frequently these days. But who will blame Mr president? Being a christian, he can only take solace in the church considering the unprecedented boko haram onslaught. I think it is very proper for Mr president to seek spiritual help to complement the physical efforts (JTF and co) in crushing boko haram, which is the biggest but man-made challenge confronting Nigeria now. But no one is under any illusion that the ungodly will understand these things.

Like Mr President, the mental capacity to think deeply eludes you. I don't blame you, you can't give what you don't have.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by DaLover(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
ballabriggs: Jona is searching for "end times", meanwhile, Jona and Ngozi done carry N5 trillion run.

Dem wan go hell fire go chop am? Na waoh!!!

Please stop exposing ur self by speaking ignorantly, nor be by force to write something
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by ballabriggs: 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
[s]
DaLover:

How do you know all he is doing is talking?
What's your analysis of his security arrangements?
Where can improvements be made?

If all we do is to come here and blab, being too lazy to even cross check simple facts and recommend intelligent suggestions how do u expect anyone to take you seriously.

Following the moronic crowd of demdem, eko lie, dayokanu, gnawed will not aid you...these are frustrated lagos axis persons who which to their own ethnic logic on the rest of the country.
[/s]

Rubbish again.
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Eziachi:
I can't recall Maggie Thatcher or John Major telling IRA bomb victims that its end time, so they should take it. I can't remember anyone that died and their family rejoices because they were killed by bow and arrow instead of timed bomb. You makes the 80s sound like it was in the stone ages and then you forgot that in the 80s national security sophistication cannot be compared to the present day era of satellite/mobile tech. Which mean it should be easier to fight crime/Boko Haram today than it was in the 80s with an improved intelligence gathering.
How come the Americans weren't able to use the same technology to bring insurgency in Iraq to an end? Why did the Americans run away from Iraq? Why hasn't Pakistan stopped insurgency in its country? The IRA insurgency killed a lot of people too and lasted for close to 10yrs( or in that range because I'm not sure) before it was brought under control
Re: Jonathan Asks If Violence A Sign Of ‘end Times’ by DaLover(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This is an insurgency. It is a battle within, not nation vs nation war. If you'r not a child you would know that insurgencies(especially the types coloured with religion) are very delicate and complex situations that if not properly handled may split the Nigerian military into 2 camps and plunge the country into another civil war or balkanise the country. Insurgencies all over the world are very difficult to curtail and often takes decades to resolve simply because the enemies are within with significant part of the country sympathetic to the course of the insurgents

Unfortunately, the follow follow crowd don't see the current security challenges as a serious insurgency...
And the hawks would like to pounce on this follow follow mentality to spread their ill winds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

There's No Legal Or Constitutional Basis For Saraki To Resign - Mike Ozekhome / NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha / Abuja-Kano Road: Fashola Blames "Senators’ Request" For Slow Pace Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.