Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,207 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12498 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

And with due respect to Leo, he is a small pikin intellectually and otherwise. smiley

I removed that source , it was biased !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^^ Oh, I didn't know that! shocked
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, so christianity to you is something other than following Christ?

As I said, you don't know what Christianity is but you'll happily redefine it to fit you intolerant bias

...Don't worry, Emperor Nero did the same thing in his time and Chairman Mao did the exact same thing with buddhism too.

What part of bashing atheists is following christ?

What part of quoting psalm 14;1 in the old testament to say that atheists are fools is following christ?

What part of accepting the 10 commandments is following christ.

Christianity is more than following christ once a christian agrees that the bible is the word of God. The bible is more than christ's teaching.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

I will look further into that issue in due course; I only know him as an atheist writer. smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Shame shame!!!!!

See how wicked some of you christians are?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I didnt say that it was like that naa!

Corpenicus met some criticism if I rememeber. Sorry, I dont have time to google it. I am busy wrestling with Anony. the guy is too dubious!
SMH. You're as hasty as myopic in replying any comment. The reason you play chief demagogue. Always making claims you can't back up.
Don't tempt me into enlarging your injury.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by wiegraf: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Now this is a very good role model, btw he is the the secretary of the Atheists in Nigeria, God help us with people of his calibre grin

You actually read through that yet still posted it?
The situation is much more dire than I thought it. Where to even begin? Addressing the issues in that article would require a short novel, so I'll ignore it. But I hope, for your sake, you trollin'. People like that author are the very reason 9ja is a $hithole. It seems you don't care about whatever nonsense you associate yourself with so long as it helps your case for sky tyrant.

Edit: heheheheh, you removed it?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: SMH. You're as hasty as myopic in replying any comment. The reason you play chief demagogue. Always making claims you can't back up.

See this liar......Ehem

Here is Corpenicus's controversy;

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast161/Unit3/response.html
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: SMH. You're as hasty as myopic in replying any comment. The reason you play chief demagogue. Always making claims you can't back up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus#Controversy
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
wiegraf:

You actually read through that yet still posted it?
The situation is much more dire than I thought it. Where to even begin? Addressing the issues in that article would require a short novel, so I'll ignore it. But I hope, for your sake, you trollin'. People like that author are the very reason 9ja is a $hithole. It seems you don't care about whatever nonsense you associate yourself with so long as it helps your case for sky tyrant.

Edit: heheheheh, you removed it?

On further review , I did something Nairaland atheists would never , I removed it.

However , he was charged with murder in 2010, like Enigma said, this requires further investigation.

I trust my integrity is unscathed , lol.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^^ Just to clarify, I said the 'it required investigation bit' --- not that he was charged with murder; I was not aware of that bit. smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this liar......Ehem

Here is Corpenicus's controversy;

Don't be deliberately dumb. You know the problem is not about a controversy but whether the controversy equals flogging of science by religion?
If you like dumb down once more.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ Just to clarify, I said the 'it required investigation bit' --- not that he was charged with murder; I was not aware of that bit. smiley

noted, thanks.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Don't be deliberately dumb. You know the problem is not about a controversy but whether the controversy equals flogging of science by religion?
If you like dumb down once more.

WTF? The flogging of science by religion? What nonsesne point are you trying to say?

The point I was making by mentioning Galileo and Corpenicus was that religion at times was hostile to science. Gaddem, you people love some weird strawmne
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

WTF? The flogging of science by religion? What nonsesne point are you trying to say?

The point I was making by mentioning Galileo and Corpenicus was that religion at times was hostile to science. Gaddem, you people love some weird strawmne

But they were Theists , no.

You are beginning to sound like a broken record !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

On further review , I did something Nairaland atheists would never , I removed it.

However , he was charged with murder in 2010, like Enigma said, this requires further investigation.

You did something that no atheist will do.

Believing a random christian blog as the only source of an atheist's character and accusation of murder without a hint of bias or caution

You gaddem foolish. Sorry, I had to break my abuse resolution just this once
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

But they were Theists , no.

You are beginning to sound like a broken record !

If you have nothing meaningful to say just sharrap angry
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

You did something that no atheist will do.

Believing a random christian blog as the only source of an atheist's character and accusation of murder without a hint of bias or caution

You gaddem foolish. Sorry, I had to break my abuse resolution just this once

Think then talk , don't talk and think later.

I quoted a source, and noticed it came from a false prophet, did the right thing immediately to remove it and you are berating me. grin

Regarding the abuse, what is new with you logicboy, as I said in 2012 your upbringing has to be called into question when you exhibit such juvenile behavior on a public forum.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Galileo, I agree. But why copernicus. That an article on astronomy was controversial doesn't mean it must be related with hostility.
I'm only helping you to be cautious of what you write, Illogicboy.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Think then talk , don't talk and think later.

I quoted a source, and noticed it came from a false prophet, did the right thing immediately to remove it and you are berating me. grin

[size=18pt]
You are still gaddem foolish and wicked.

Does it matter that it was a false prophet? The problem was the accusations which were filled with lies and bias.

The fact that you posted it shows that either you didnt read it properly or you are easilly swayed by any accusations against atheists.

No regular NL atheist would have descended into such foolish levels.

You clearly didnt know anything about Leo Igwe. When you heard that an atheist is doing something positive for Nigeria, you had to look for some information to assassinate his character[/size]
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

[size=18pt]

[/size]

As someone mentioned earlier, you are incapable of processing your thoughts logically and coming to well informed and valid conclusions !

Abuse all you want kid, I blame it on your upbringing !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
What part of bashing atheists is following christ?
bashing? preaching to atheists is more like it. Jesus said:

Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19(MSG)

What part of quoting psalm 14;1 in the old testament to say that atheists are fools is following christ?
Nothing wrong with telling the truth even when it hurts. Without God, man is lost. Jesus was never afraid to use seemingly harsh words to pass His message if need be. He said:

"There's nothing done or said that can't be forgiven. But if you deliberately persist in your slanders against God's Spirit, you are repudiating the very One who forgives. If you reject the Son of Man out of some misunderstanding, the Holy Spirit can forgive you, but when you reject the Holy Spirit, you're sawing off the branch on which you're sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives.
If you grow a healthy tree, you'll pick healthy fruit. If you grow a diseased tree, you'll pick worm-eaten fruit. The fruit tells you about the tree.
You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation."
Matthew 12:31-37(MSG)

What part of accepting the 10 commandments is following christ.
None really, Christ gives us two encompassing commandments.

One of the religion scholars came up. Hearing the lively exchanges of question and answer and seeing how sharp Jesus was in his answers, he put in his question: "Which is most important of all the commandments?"
Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.' And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these."

Mark 12:28-31(MSG)

Christianity is more than following christ once a christian agrees that the bible is the word of God. The bible is more than christ's teaching.
Oh my God! You don't know what the bible is

You my friend are terribly ignorant of scripture yet you attack what you do not know. I would suggest that you go and actually study the bible so that at least you can have an informed conversation about it. And please try to rid yourself of your bigoted views of religion. Your lies today were really pathetic.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Galileo, I agree. But why copernicus. That an article on astronomy was controversial doesn't mean it must be related with hostility.
I'm only helping you to be cautious of what you write, Illogicboy.

And why would the church feel that it had the privilege to rule over what was factual in science?

The fact that it was opposed by high ranking clergymen in the church and causing controversy is enough to show that the church is always anti-sceince whn it doesnt agree with their doctrine
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

As someone mentioned earlier, you are incapable of processing your thoughts logically and coming to well informed and valid conclusions !

Abuse all you want kid, I blame it on your upbringing !

I didnt abuse you until you deserved it. You posted such filth against an upright individual.

By the way, thanks for bringing my parents into this. Even if I abused you unnecessary, is that the right way to go about doing things?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Does it matter that it was a false prophet? The problem was the accusations which were filled with lies and bias.

The fact that you posted it shows that either you didnt read it properly or you are easilly swayed by any accusations against atheists.

No regular NL atheist would have descended into such foolish levels.

You clearly didnt know anything about Leo Igwe. When you heard that an atheist is doing something positive for Nigeria, you had to look for some information to assassinate his character
Why are you so bent on accusing him for something he has already corrected long ago?

@bold, so you now speak for all atheists too? or have you guys recently developed a doctrine that regulates your actions?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by luxanne(f): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03: You dont really know how unexposed you are. I hope you arent old....
am not old logicboy, but are u? Cos u seem so sad to me like life hasn't been very fair 2 u.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by wiegraf: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Heh heh, we're good, for now... I was really worried for a bit...
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Why are you so ebent on accusing him for something he has already corrected long ago?

1) Long ago

Seriously, how long ago was it? from my comment? was it not a matter of minutes?

2) Why should I not react the way I reacted?

What kind of sadistic person posts such filth. The fact that he posted it and then commented that Leo Igwes character is not good is enough. frosbel didnt know anything about Leo Igwe and went with the first negative information (which is rare so he had to properly search for such info) that he could about him.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I didnt abuse you until you deserved it. You posted such filth against an upright individual.

By the way, thanks for bringing my parents into this. Even if I abused you unnecessary, is that the right way to go about doing things?

As I mentioned, if you understand how the UK Press works when they post ambiguous stories from questionable sources, the next step they take is to apologize and take down the material , It is the right thing to do and I followed suit.

Now , regarding your parents, it is not my intention to bring them into it, but when their SON resorts to abuse at the slightest provocation , it says a lot !

You are giving atheists a bad name by your childish tantrums and chaotic approach to this matter.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) Long ago

Seriously, how long ago was it? from my comment? was it not a matter of minutes?

2) Why should I not react the way I reacted?

What kind of sadistic person posts such filth. The fact that he posted it and then commented that Leo Igwes character is not good is enough. frosbel didnt know anything about Leo Igwe and went with the first negative information (which is rare so he had to properly search for such info) that he could about him.

Dude you are being unnecessarily fussy and irrational. He has removed it even before you started sweating it.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony: . . . . Oh my God! You don't know what the bible is

You my friend are terribly ignorant of scripture yet you attack what you do not know. I would suggest that you go and actually study the bible so that at least you can have an informed conversation about it. And please try to rid yourself of your bigoted views of religion. Your lies today were really pathetic.

At bolded and in the context of what preceded Mr Anony's post:

1. "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me" Per Jesus Christ (John 5:29)

2. "Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live" (John 11:25)

3. "And this is the Record, that God hath given to us Eternal Life, and this Life is in His Son." (1 John 5:11)

smiley

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
wiegraf:

Heh heh, we're good, for now... I was really worried for a bit...

Thanks for your mature approach to this error, Logicboy could learn a thing or two on growing up grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / Don't Look For Deliverance - Pastor Chris / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.