Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12454 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by 2good(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Would you agree that someone who claims that something can pop into existence out of nothing must be a fool?

What do you about someone who believes that a snake talked to a woman, that a man stayed in the belly of a fish for 3 days without dieing, that the whole earth was destroyed by flood(when the author of the story never saw the American and Australian continent), that god is somewhere up in the sky (even when scientist have gone to out of space repeatedly and provided photo evidence of what it looks like) and that god impregnated a woman so that he can be born into the earth, then later killed so as to atone the sins of the being he created. Meanwhile before he died, he begged himself to help him while on the dying cross.
Don't you think you have to be a fool to believe all those bull sh.it?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

We don't have to bring up BS and try to stick it to ATHEISM, it sticks by default !

So funny, I forgot to laugh

mtchew
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 3:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Appears you are overheated, when did I say they were all Christian ? Place some iceblock on your medulla oblongata to calm your nerves grin

I repeat :

Where were these schools started by our wonderful , loving and benevolent atheists ! None, yep , that's the answer, absolutely zilch.

By inference therefore, it is safe to say that 99% of scientists were either Theists or Atheists who relied heavily on Theists ( Christian ) education to enhance their learning , and formulate the methods , and develop the tools they used to achieve fame in their respective areas of expertise.

The great universities were founded as institutions of religious instruction and learning and/or by religious people.

Check out the history of Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard etc etc. smiley

This "religion" thing is really evil to be the source/inspiration of such institutions. wink

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by luxanne(f): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
so where did d scientist get their intelligence from?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

We don't have to bring up BS and try to stick it to ATHEISM, it sticks by default !

Atheism is illogical as well as nonsensical. wink
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
luxanne: so where did d scientist get their intelligence from?

God....Oh wait, he doesnt exist! grin

Must be a result of an evolved brain then.....
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
You know that "something comes from nothing" can not be stuck to atheists and that is why you dubiously put "if". This shows how you are willing to lie and insult atheists based on a straw man to call them fools.
As usual once again English comprehension fails you.

Some chrisyain here has already threatened to abuse my father when I didnt abuse him and neither did I aus you on this thread. You keep lying and lying and lying
Oh shut up with your whining. We all know he didn't threaten anything.

What lie have I told about christianity? you just bring up BS and try to stick it on people

Oh you mean you don't remember this lie in particular:

Logicboy03:

Your chrsitianity has positive effects like charity and love but the negative effects are;

-destruction of culture (our local shrines that could serve as tourist centres being destroyed by chrsitians)
-witch beating or slapping (oyedepo comes to mind)
-tithe fraud
Would you mind showing us from scripture where Jesus Christ recommended the bolded?

......or will you dodge the question again only to cry like a baby a few pages later about how people are lying against you?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

The great universities were founded as institutions of religious instruction and learning and/or by religious people.

This "religion" thing is really evil to be the source/inspiration of such institutions. wink

Of course religion is not totally evil. That I have to either admit or become Stalin lipsrsealed
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

God....Oh wait, he doesnt exist! grin

Must be a result of an evolved brain then.....
Are you saying that there was a time when the brain wasn't intelligent?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by wiegraf: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Oh dear, appears allegory tripped you here.

Btw, when was the last time you sat down to perform the art of constructive thinking , and come up with original ideas of yours, rather than rehashing third hand nonsense from hearsay and wishful imagination ?

You mean make $hit up. Why would I want to do that your arrogantness? What makes you think you know how my thought processes work anyways?

Do you even know, in any language, what critical thinking means?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
As usual once again English comprehension fails you.

Oh shut up with your whining. We all know he didn't threaten anything.

Oh you mean you don't remember this lie in particular:

Would you mind showing us from scripture where Jesus Christ recommended the bolded?

......or will you dodge the question again only to cry like a baby a few pages later about how people are lying against you?

Let me address my quote;
Logicboy03:

Your chrsitianity has positive effects like charity and love but the negative effects are;

-destruction of culture (our local shrines that could serve as tourist centres being destroyed by chrsitians)
-witch beating or slapping (oyedepo comes to mind)
-tithe fraud.........

SoKiling of witches, tithing and destruction of pagan idols are not in the bible?

You smoke igbo or something this morning?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

Their consistent hypocrisy and ingratitude to the religious institutions that produced their scientists is blatantly shameful.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Are you saying that there was a time when the brain wasn't intelligent?

Monkeys have brains. Understand what I am saying. We evolved a brain capable of reasoning and logic, they didnt.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

What part of the bible is scienitific? See how rubbish your argument is?

And dont lie, you tried to make it seem that Leslie was a christian. Mtchew

The best science in the bible;
-A dead jew coming back to life after being tortured, crucified and dead for 3 days
-A talking snake
-A talking donkey?
-A ritualist cure for leprosy?
-6 days of creeation.

If science was based on these biblical facts, we would still be in the stone age

Typical logicboy - responding with comments that do not follow.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Their consistent hypocrisy and ingratitude to the religious institutions that produced their scientists is blatantly shameful.

No mind them; meanwhile you are on seriously humorous form today! grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

How much gratitude do you show to paganism that preceeded your religion?

Boom! epic reply!

Science move on with the facts and evidence. Religion didnt and so scientists left religion. Simple
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
wiegraf:

You mean make $hit up. Why would I want to do that your arrogantness? What makes you think you know how my thought processes work anyways?

Do you even know, in any language, what critical thinking means?

If you knew what critical thinking was, you would not be in the fallacious position that you are in today.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Let me address my quote;

SoKiling of witches, tithing and destruction of pagan idols are not in the bible?

You smoke igbo or something this morning?
The question I asked you is to show where Jesus Christ recommended the actions I put in bold. You have not answered.

Please show us in the bible:

For instance tell us: Jesus supported destruction of culture in ..... (book, chapter:verse)
Jesus supported slapping of witches in ....... (book, chapter:verse)
Jesus supported tithe fraud in.................(book, chapter:verse)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Typical logicboy - responding with comments that butthurt my position.

There, fixed it for you! wink
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
The question I asked you is to show where Jesus Christ recommended the actions I put in bold. You have not answered.

Christ was silent about so many things that christains do not depend on him for many issues. Slavery for one.

Christ never read the Letters of Paul did he.

Did you get the 10 commandments from christ's teaching or the old testament?

You know you are talking nonsense and cant defend your point and so you want to redefine the bible as "christ's teachings only". Christ also pointed to the scriptures himself.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

How much gratitude do you show to paganism that preceeded your religion?

Boom! epic reply!

Science move on with the facts and evidence. Religion didnt and so scientists left religion. Simple

Science that was underpinned by religious institutions and scholars , no ?

If it was not for these religious teachers , atheists would have discovered NIL , yes , that's true, absolute NIL.

They needed , quite frantically to be honest , the religious education to organise their thinking into more intelligent patterns of reasoning and intuition. The results weere GENUIS atheist scientsits grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel: Science that was underpinned by religious institutions and scholars , no ?

If it was not for these religious teachers , atheists would have discovered NIL , yes , that's true, absolute NIL.

They needed , quite frantically to be honest , the religious education to organise their thinking into more intelligent patterns of reasoning and intuition. The results weere GENUIS atheist scientsits grin

Even the person widely regarded as the founder of the "scientific method" was a Christian. Not only that he is the one who said:

'Nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: "there is no God"' ----- Francis Bacon. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Science that was underpinned by religious institutions and scholars , no ?

lolz.....for Darwin to understand evolution and Mendel to understand genetics, they firts had to suspend their religion; They had to stop and assume that God didnt create things just like that in the bible- it was a more natural process.

We know what the church did to Galileo and Corpenicus
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Christ was silent about so many things that christains do not depend on him for many issues. Slavery for one.

Christ never read the Letters of Paul did he.

Did you get the 10 commandments from christ's teaching or the old testament?

You know you are talking nonsense and cant defend your point and so you want to redefine the bible as "christ's teachings only". Christ also pointed to the scriptures himself.

Christianity is simply following Christ so please in order for your claims to be true about Christianity, you must show us that Christ supports what you are saying. Failure to do this and we will write what you are saying off as yet another lie.

For instance tell us: Jesus supported destruction of culture in ..... (book, chapter:verse)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

Even the person widely regarded as the founder of the "scientific method" was a Christian. Not only that he is the one who said:

'Nothing can more justly be allotted to be the saying of fools than this: "there is no God"' ----- Francis Bacon. smiley

What did I tell you about quoting people

Francis bacon was a smart guy but as even your bible tells you, humans are fallible.

That is one of the worst quotes of Francis Bacon; it is wrong, bigoted and arrogant.

I wonder whether if you really think that majority of scientists to day are foolish for not believing in God?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolz.....for Darwin to understand evolution and Mendel to understand genetics, they firts had to suspend their religion; They had to stop and assume that God didnt create things just like that in the bible- it was a more natural process.

We know what the church did to Galileo and Corpenicus

They had to suspend their religion But I thought they had no religion , only the esteemed education provided to them by their religious counterparts, please expatiate.

Btw , Galileo and Corpenicus were theists !!

Try again.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Christianity is simply following Christ so please in order for your claims to be true about Christianity, you must show us that Christ supports what you are saying. Failure to do this and we will write what you are saying off as yet another lie.

Can everybody see what Anony is doing? Reducing christianity to the teachings of christ only.

Can I visit you in oxford to burn the old testament part of your bible? grin grin grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Oahray: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
That is one of the worst quotes of Francis Bacon; it is wrong, bigoted and arrogant.
...says someone who has made no noteworthy contribution whatsoever to science grin grin grin
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

'Nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: "there is no God"' ----- Francis Bacon. smiley
Enigma, are you a theist or an atheist?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
Oahray: ...says someone who has made no noteworthy contribution whatsoever to science grin grin grin

Seriously? Appeal to authority?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Logicboy03 , just to remind you that the Father of Genetics , Gregor Mendel was an ardent Theist.

Gregor Mendel (1822-1884)
Mendel was the first to lay the mathematical foundations of genetics, in what came to be called "Mendelianism". He began his research in 1856 (three years before Darwin published his Origin of Species) in the garden of the Monastery in which he was a monk. Mendel was elected Abbot of his Monastery in 1868. His work remained comparatively unknown until the turn of the century, when a new generation of botanists began finding similar results and "rediscovered" him (though their ideas were not identical to his). An interesting point is that the 1860's was notable for formation of the X-Club, which was dedicated to lessening religious influences and propagating an image of "conflict" between science and religion. One sympathizer was Darwin's cousin Francis Galton, whose scientific interest was in genetics (a proponent of eugenics - selective breeding among humans to "improve" the stock). He was writing how the "priestly mind" was not conducive to science while, at around the same time, an Austrian monk was making the breakthrough in genetics. The rediscovery of the work of Mendel came too late to affect Galton's contribution.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

What did I tell you about quoting people

Francis bacon was a smart guy but as even your bible tells you, humans are fallible.

I wonder whether if you really think that majority of scientists to day are foolish for not believing in God?
Interestingly, the director of the Human Genome Project today Francis Sellers Collins is an Evangelical Christian

. . . . .So much for the false assumption that there is a divide between Science and 'Religion'

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? / How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.