Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12451 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by personaldomest(f): 12:07am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

Those countries also have majority white/Asian populations with marginal black populations - is it also safe to assume that being white is what is responsible for peace and not atheism?

You atheists are getting dumber by the minute with these shocking lack of reasoning ability. sad

It is safe to say you are completely ignorant. But its okay religion has that effect on people. Afterall "religion" is a concept of primitive men.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 12:22am On Jan 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Sir, this argument does not really follow. If we are to go by your thought process then we could say the individual who made the first vehicle is responsible for the accidents on our roads. And really, the way someone choose to manipulate religion and the choice of the individual to agree to be manipulated cannot be blamed on religion. However, the way someone choose to manipulate religion does not have a direct bearing on whether Nigeria would move forward or not if religion was banned.

religion was soiled from the beginning. It was just a tool for man to express his inner most desire, women, bloodlust and all.
Jesus was the onlz one who taught against death and sexism, at least to the best of my knowledge, he taught against the inherent evils of our nature. If I consider myself a christain, then would it not be logical for me to be a sole follower of solely christ, even the apostles cut out. But then he had to be put together with the torah and boom! All the bloodlust and sexism came back
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

Those countries also have majority white/Asian populations with marginal black populations - is it also safe to assume that being white is what is responsible for peace and not atheism?

You atheists are getting dumber by the minute with these shocking lack of reasoning ability. sad

Wow, you are stupid. Do you know the meaning of secular country?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2013
Good morning Mr RedM,

I trust you slept well!

The quote:

Redmosquito:
religion was soiled from the beginning. It was just a tool for man to express his inner most desire, women, bloodlust and all

is basically your opinion and I believe you have a right to express your thoughts on what prompted religion. However my thought is that religion stemmed from the need of man to get re-united to his creator after the 'fall'. You might not agree with this but like you, I also have a right to my own opinion too.

Redmosquito:
Jesus was the onlz one who taught against death and sexism, at least to the best of my knowledge, he taught against the inherent evils of our nature. If I consider myself a christain, then would it not be logical for me to be a sole follower of solely christ, even the apostles cut out. But then he had to be put together with the torah and boom! All the bloodlust and sexism came back

Well for me sir, Jesus is God! The marked difference between the old and the new testament, Jesus himself tried to explain when he said that some things were permitted because the people of Israel then were very stubborn and almost impossible to teach.

The old testament, ofwhich the Torah is an indispensable part of, was basically meant to let us understand the journey of faith of a people and the ways God tried to bring this people back to himself. Jesus made us understand that he came to fulfill the promises of the old testament.

I believe firmly that the old and new testaments are the inspired word of God but God never intended us to learn our faith from it. It is good to read and use to uplift us but teaching is strictly left for the spirit. A proper understanding of both the old and new testaments is really lacking in a lot of persons and hence the confusion.

PS: I believe we are derailing this thread.

Thank you sir!
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by cyrexx: 7:32am On Jan 03, 2013
debosky:

see this dumbazz, later you will open mouth and say atheists are insulting people. Cant you make your point without generalising and insulting. What kind of christian are you sef.

To address your point: there are many other nations with high ratio of white/asians that are still not peaceful, like afghanistan, egypt, syria, israel, indonesia (those nations are highly religious and they have a high population of whites), so we cannot use white population ratio to arrive conclusion you are postulating. It is only those few nations on earth with the highest percentage population of atheists that are most peaceful. You cant find a nation with such a high population of atheists that is not peaceful and conducive to live. Get that clear and cure your ignorance

I could have have abused your ignorance here but i wont be like you and join you in ad hominien.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Christianity is not a religion. Christainity is a way of life. After the death of christ, his discples were called followers of chirst, when they got to antioch and the people there saw their behavior, they said they are christ-like which in-turn makes every followers of Christ a christain. Apostle Paul says we should check ourselves daily maybe we are still in Christ. Jesus had laid down princples for us, to guide us and make us a better person. His greatest commandment is LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, christainity is being like christ, following in the foot-step on christ himself, go and read the 4 first gospel in the new testament and see the teaching of christ, his admonition with an open heart, then maybe you will understand more. Its our FAITH that makes us whole, when I pray to good for healing, I have faith in him that he will make me whole and he did, God answers prayers. Christianity to me isn't a religion but a way of life.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2013
Strictlymine
first of all, dont call me "sir" jare, u make me look old
secondly and more importantly, religion was fueled by the need to link up to a supernatural being, but man knew almost nothing about the supernatural being and then he forged it simply from his thoughts, bringing forth the bloodthirsty baal of palestinia, to the decapitating grounds of the mayans and the sexism of arabs to the warfields of isreal, all fueled by a God they knew almost nothing, a God they made in their own likeness.
As for the bible, Do you really know how the bible was put together? Do you?

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 8:34am On Jan 03, 2013
@larride, religion as a whole is a way of life.
It seem I am dragging my followers into this thread ooo! I expect bloodshed in less than 2 days. Muhehehehehee
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2013
Red-Moss

I know your response to DO YOU KNOW HOW the bible was made will be,

"It was decided upon by a council of Necia" (or whatever d name is)

The bible is a collection of historical fact, teaching and letters which still apply till these day. The teachings of the bible still help us today, it guide us. Your understanding of the bible lay solely on how you want to see it. You can't grasp the mystery of his word if you are not ready to learn. The bible clearly states that a time shall come when men shall be lovers of themselves, they shall bring on their own teaching and reverse from the teaching of Christ, that's what happening now. Carry your bible, read with an open heart and understand the depth of those words. But its truth that you only believe what you want to believe no matter how indifferent it might be.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Redmosquito: @larride, religion as a whole is a way of life.
It seem I am dragging my followers into this thread ooo! I expect bloodshed in less than 2 days. Muhehehehehee

Lol.

Now let's get on topic, I don't think religion is the problem of africa, why would anyone want to ban religion. Is it christainity that says our leaders should be corrupt? Is it islam that makes the people corrupt and guillble? Until we stop thinking backward, until we gain leaders of vision, then we are not going to move forward, look at Gov. Fashola, Gov. Akpabio, irrespectively of their religion, they are moving their state forward, do they ban religion before they would progress? Religion is not our problem but we ourselves.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2013
cyrexx:

see this dumbazz, later you will open mouth and say atheists are insulting people. Cant you make your point without generalising and insulting. What kind of christian are you sef.
Can't you reply him without insulting? Later you will claim that atheists are morally impressive.

To address your point: there are many other nations with high ratio of white/asians that are still not peaceful, like afghanistan, egypt, syria, israel, indonesia (those nations are highly religious and they have a high population of whites), so we cannot use white population ratio to arrive conclusion you are postulating. It is only those few nations on earth with the highest percentage population of atheists that are most peaceful. You cant find a nation with such a high population of atheists that is not peaceful and conducive to live. Get that clear and cure your ignorance
Lol, of course...Russia and North Korea must be some of the most peaceful conducive countries to live in, No?

I could have have abused your ignorance here but i wont be like you and join you in ad hominien.
And by saying this you just indirectly abused him. It is just like saying "I could have abused your foolishness but I won't call you a fool". Notice what I just did there? (Yes, I did it on purpose so that you can get the point)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2013
larride:

Lol.

Now let's get on topic, I don't think religion is the problem of africa, why would anyone want to ban religion. Is it christainity that says our leaders should be corrupt? Is it islam that makes the people corrupt and guillble? Until we stop thinking backward, until we gain leaders of vision, then we are not going to move forward, look at Gov. Fashola, Gov. Akpabio, irrespectively of their religion, they are moving their state forward, do they ban religion before they would progress? Religion is not our problem but we ourselves.

"To insist that religion is peculiarly malignant is fanaticism, or mere stupidity." ---- John Gray.

smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2013
larride: Red-Moss

The bible clearly states that a time shall come when men shall be lovers of themselves, they shall bring on their own teaching and reverse from the teaching of Christ, that's what happening now.
Now? I have a little problem with the ermmm.... Never mind! But you speak as if our problems and the problems of the bible and/or religion at that began in our time. Religion, christainity was pushed in the dirt a long time ago, research the dark ages
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2013
1. Africa has a problem of illiteracy: answer --- just ban religion, it will be solved.

2. Africa has a problem of poverty: answer --- just ban religion, it will be solved.

3. Africa has a problem of poor health care: answer --- just ban religion, it will be solved

4. Africa has a problem of corruption: answer --- just ban religion, it will be solved

5. Africa has a problem of poor leadership: answer --- just ban religion, it will be solved.

6. Africa has . . . . : don't bother to say it; whatever the problem, just ban religion and it will be solved.

Once again: "To insist that religion is peculiarly malignant is fanaticism, or mere stupidity." --- John Gray.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2013
Redmosquito:
Now? I have a little problem with the ermmm.... Never mind! But you speak as if our problems and the problems of the bible and/or religion at that began in our time. Religion, christainity was pushed in the dirt a long time ago, research the dark ages
Yes but the dark ages do not describe Christianity. They describe a corruption of it. What was practiced by the "church" in the dark ages was not Christianity.

I'll show you what I mean. The official name of North Korea is: The Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Would you hold it up as an example of democracy?

Any country can call itself democratic, but does that automatically mean that it is? Any organization can call itself christian, but does that automatically mean that it is? Jesus says: "By their fruits you shall know them"

Please don't condemn the principle on account of the actions of hypocrites,

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by cyrexx: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Can't you reply him without insulting? Later you will claim that atheists are morally impressive.

LOL, i only retaliated to show him his error and give him a taste of his own medicine. Besides, it is fallacious to generalise all atheists as having particular characteristics. We all came from different background and we all exhibit different character. We are freedmen and free thinkers, free from religious shackles.

Lol, of course...Russia and North Korea must be some of the most peaceful conducive countries to live in, No?

When will you stop peddling this deliberate ignorance, those nations are communist countries, not secular/atheist nations. They are forced to adopt communism. The communist ideology is forced on them and such a means is unethical. I, as well as other atheists i believe, DO NOT support forced ideology imposed on people. People should be free to come to their own conclusion without intimidation and coercion. This forced ideology is what religion and communism is known for.

And by saying this you just indirectly abused him. It is just like saying "I could have abused your foolishness but I won't call you a fool". Notice what I just did there? (Yes, I did it on purpose so that you can get the point)

LOL, like i said before, i was just showing him how insulting he sounds and give him a taste of his own medicine.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2013
Red-Moss

The bible doesn't have a problem. I repeat, religion is not our problem as african. Religion is just a way to link with the supernatural, its our belief and our faith. It has nothing to do with the development of a nation.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2013
larride: Red-Moss

The bible doesn't have a problem. I repeat, religion is not our problem as african. Religion is just a way to link with the supernatural, its our belief and our faith. It has nothing to do with the development of a nation.

1. NEPA (or PH whatever) is not working: answer --- just ban religion, and NEPA will start working with total efficiency

2. Nigerian Airways is moribund: answer --- just ban religion and . . .

3. There is corruption in the Nigerian Ports Authority: answer --- just ban religion.
Ha oga but wait a minute, why don't we ban politics for this one because it is politics that causes them to appoint useless people as leaders.
Noooooo!!! Just ban religion and everything will be alright!

4. GSM is becoming a joke: answer --- you know what to do; ban religion?

"To insist that religion is peculiarly malignant is fanaticism, or mere stupidity." --- John Gray.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 9:30am On Jan 03, 2013
cyrexx:
The communist ideology is forced on them and such a means is unethical. I, as well as other atheists i believe, DO NOT support forced ideology imposed on people. People should be free to come to their own conclusion without intimidation and coercion. This forced ideology is what religion and communism is known for.

Sir, religion doesn't force any ideology on you, okay, don't let me generalize, Christianity doesn't force any ideology on you, I wasn't forced neither am I coerced to be a christain, its from my own personal will and conviction. My dad is a muslim but I chose to be a christain and he respect that. What the church does in those dark ages doesn't necessarily means that christainity is based on that, you can give an interpretation to anything you want to give it your own meaning but that doesn't make it right, do you see the bible telling you kill? Embark on witch hunt? No, those are grave sin. Christainity as I know is a way of life, it guides you and teach you to help you be a better person and also make heaven. Our ideology may defers but christainity doesn't force its ideology on anymore, we all have a choice, we are free.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Or maybe we should ban "democracy" since it leads to the election of these our leaders?

No need: once we ban religion, all our leaders will always be the best and world class visionaries.

"To insist that religion is peculiarly malignant is fanaticism, or mere stupidity." --- John Gray.

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma: Or maybe we should ban "democracy" since it leads to the election of these our leaders?

No need: once we ban religion, all our leaders will always be the best and world class visionaries.

You keep quoting me but we are saying the same thing. Religion is not responsibile for our woes. Simple as that.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2013
larride:

You keep quoting me but we are saying the same thing. Religion is not responsibility for our woes. Simple as that.

Bros, I know and I do not really mean to preach to the Choir. smiley

Rather, it is a deliberate technique. wink
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 9:40am On Jan 03, 2013
cyrexx:
LOL, i only retaliated to show him his error and give him a taste of his own medicine. Besides, it is fallacious to generalise all atheists as having particular characteristics. We all came from different background and we all exhibit different character. We are freedmen and free thinkers, free from religious shackles.
We also happen to be freed from the shackles of sin. You guys just deny the existence of sin, that is not freedom when one denies that there is a prison.

When will you stop peddling this deliberate ignorance, those nations are communist countries, not secular/atheist nations. They are forced to adopt communism. The communist ideology is forced on them and such a means is unethical. I, as well as other atheists i believe, DO NOT support forced ideology imposed on people. People should be free to come to their own conclusion without intimidation and coercion. This forced ideology is what religion and communism is known for.
That is exactly the point he was making. It is not by the number of atheists in a country that determines peace but the politics of it. Please stop drawing false correlations.

LOL, like i said before, i was just showing him how insulting he sounds and give him a taste of his own medicine.
Ok, but remember to take out the twig in your eye before attempting to remove the log in another's eye. (and yes the same applies to me as I follow my master Jesus Christ)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 9:43am On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

Bros, I know and I do not really mean to preach to the Choir. smiley

Rather, it is a deliberate technique. wink

smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^ What is even "free thinking" in having one's "thinking" or "thought" shaped by short sighted people like Harris, Dawkins etc. wink

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Redmosquito(m): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2013
larride:

You keep quoting me but we are saying the same thing. Religion is not responsibile for our woes. Simple as that.
no mind am jare. I was like "he's meant to be quoting me or the atheists not u"
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

1. NEPA (or PH whatever) is not working: answer --- just ban religion, and NEPA will start working with total efficiency

2. Nigerian Airways is moribund: answer --- just ban religion and . . .

3. There is corruption in the Nigerian Ports Authority: answer --- just ban religion.
Ha oga but wait a minute, why don't we ban politics for this one because it is politics that causes them to appoint useless people as leaders.
Noooooo!!! Just ban religion and everything will be alright!

4. GSM is becoming a joke: answer --- you know what to do; ban religion?

Lolololol, it is so funny how they can't see that in their hatred for religion, they have evolved into the very same intolerant bigotted fanatics that they hope to rid the world of.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:48am On Jan 03, 2013
Redmosquito:
no mind am jare. I was like "she's meant to be quoting me or the atheists not u"

In general, it is better to quote the more sensible posts. The poorly thought posts are to be quoted for very deliberate reasons --- e.g. like educating the poor thinking poster. smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Enigma(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lolololol, it is so funny how they can't see that in their hatred for religion, they have evolved into the very same intolerant bigotted fanatics that they hope to rid the world of.

Bros, you see am! Some of them have become fundamentalists. If some of them were to become leaders they will match the ayatollahs in the way they enforce atheism as the only acceptable religion. Yet they will come here and talk of "freedom" etc etc. smiley
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2013
Enigma:

Bros, you see am! Some of them have become fundamentalists. If some of them were to become leaders they will match the ayatollahs in the way they enforce atheism as the only acceptable religion. Yet they will come here and talk of "freedom" etc etc. smiley
I gave more or less the exact same warning to logicboy a while back but he took it as an insult. The most terrible dictators often always started out as freedom fighters. . .

. . .As they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

1 Like

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by larride(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Don't mind then jare. I have a question for all the athesit in the house.

Corruption
Murder
Adultery
Fornication
Idolatery
Robbery

Are these things right?? The bible clearly states that they are wrong, if we follow what the bible says and get rid of these, won't our community be a better place. We say we are free thinkers and yet our society is the bane of immoral acts
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by debosky(m): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2013
personaldomest:

It is safe to say you are completely ignorant. But its okay religion has that effect on people. Afterall "religion" is a concept of primitive men.

It is safe to say you are oblivious of your shocking lack of reasoning ability. All those countries listed as 'peaceful' have 3 main things in common - they are largely homogeneous white/asian dominated countries with very small immigrant populations and all lie in the Northern Hemisphere. NONE of those factors is related to atheism.

But don't let facts get in the way of an atheist desperate to gain legitimacy on the back of issues completely dissociated from racism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics) / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.