Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (12448 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Can You Change Your Present Religion For $50.....??? / Religion For Atheists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lololol, let me quote you concerning the big bang

Implying that you are not saying that nothing precedes it

Also implying that you are not saying that something came before it

So if you are neither saying that something nor nothing came before the big bang, what on earth are you saying?

p/s don't accuse us of asking ridiculous questions or setting up strawmen or not understanding grammar. It is not our fault that your responses are clearly unintelligible.
Lolol. Anony your boy is confused.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

And who were those scientists who propelled Britain into the industrial age, were they atheists ?

For example Abraham Darby who was a Quaker , 'developed a method of producing pig iron in a blast furnace fuelled by coke rather than charcoal. This was a major step forward in the production of iron as a raw material for the Industrial Revolution.' - Source Wikipedia.

Many of these guys were not just theists, they were Christians .

Without the foundation blocks laid by these good MEN, your atheist scientists would have resorted to 'head scratching' as a hobby grin

John Horton Conway (1937–): British mathematician active in the theory of finite groups, knot theory, number theory, combinatorial game theory and coding theory. He is best known for the invention of the cellular automaton called Conway's Game of Life.[52]

ugustus De Morgan (1806–1871): British mathematician and logician. He formulated De Morgan's laws and introduced the term mathematical induction, making its idea rigorous.[70][71][72]

Sir James Hall (1761–1832): Scottish geologist and chemist, President of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and leading figure in the Scottish Enlightenment.[117]

Edmond Halley (1656-1742): English astronomer, geophysicist, mathematician, meteorologist and physicist. Best known for computing the orbit of the eponymous Halley's Comet.[118]

Sir John Leslie (1766–1832): Scottish mathematician and physicist best remembered for his research into heat; he was the first person to artificially produce ice, and gave the first modern account of capillary action.[157]
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lololol, let me quote you concerning the big bang

Implying that you are not saying that nothing precedes it

Also implying that you are not saying that something came before it

So if you are neither saying that something nor nothing came before the big bang, what on earth are you saying?

p/s don't accuse us of asking ridiculous questions or setting up strawmen or not understanding grammar. It is not our fault that your responses are clearly unintelligible.

The bold highlights how ridiculous your are. I make a clear statement which destroys your position and then you remix it to say another
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol. Anony your boy is confused.

mtchew
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
Eyaah! Nobody wants to help logicboy. Oh! Knight of logic, dem you brothers ama betray you.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

mtchew
What's wrong?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Eyaah! Nobody wants to help logicboy. Oh! Knight of logic, dem you brothers ama betray you.

lol and how many atheists are viewing the topic?

Viewing this topic: Mr_Anony(m), frosbel(m), luxanne(f), Reyginus(m), Logicboy03(m) and 2 guest(s)
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Reyginus: Eyaah! Nobody wants to help logicboy. Oh! Knight of logic, dem you brothers ama betray you.

How many times did you save Anony when he was gangbanged on threads abouts souls and morality?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

The bold highlights how ridiculous your are. I make a clear statement which destroys your position and then you remix it to say another
No you didn't make any clear statement. If you think you did, you're drenched in self-delusion.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol and how many atheists are viewing the topic?

Viewing this topic: Mr_Anony(m), frosbel(m), luxanne(f), Reyginus(m), Logicboy03(m) and 2 guest(s)
lol. That's because they are ashamed of what their 'able' knight is spewing.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oneof your apologist brothers made that point. I think it was either Dinesh or William Craig.

Kings in the old testament made the laws while the Levites or high priests or whatever were the religious guys. Not a perfect separation but there.
Really? this is the example you brought up? The old testament kings and priests were always in direct relationship with each other. In fact it was the priesthood that validated a king's authority. Without the anointing of the priest/prophet, no kingship. Do you even know what separation of church and state means.

Then you have the case of the Egyptian kings who where divine law themselves and the priests could be executed for going against the king.
The ancient Egyptian kings were literally seen as gods themselves. That's more like a union rather than a separation. Wouldn't you agree?

Then you have the piraha tribe- a society without God.
From what I know of the piraha tribe (wikipedia), they have neither church nor state in the first place talk less of a separation. Please provide your sources to back up your claim.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

How many times did you save Anony when he was gangbanged on threads abouts souls and morality?
Lol. You don't want to know why.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Are you kidding me?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
In case you have not noticed, All you guys did was mock and throw insults and then jeer my method of argument but never did I hear a logical refutation of my points.

Today we do not insult you (at least I haven't), we do not laugh at your method, all we are doing is questioning the validity of your arguments . . . . . .and you are failing woefully.

P/s I am still currently having a discussion with mazaje and Kay 17 about souls and morality on those threads. Only this time, it is a more civilized grown-up discussion since you and your faithful congregation left.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Today we do not insult you (at least I haven't), we do not laugh at your method, all we are doing is questioning the validity of your arguments . . . . . .and you are failing woefully.
Well said.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by 2good(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
luxanne: the fools says in their heart that there is no God, are you a fool?

If your bible says that, then your bible is bull sh.it and you are the fool for not using your brain to reason.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
2good:

If your bible says that, then your bible is bull sh.it and you are the fool for not using your brain to reason.
Would you agree that someone who claims that something can pop into existence out of nothing must be a fool?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
In case you have not noticed, All you guys did was mock and throw insults and then jeer my method of argument but never did I hear a logical refutation of my points.

P/s I am still currently having a discussion with mazaje and Kay 17 about souls and morality on those threads. Only this time, it is a more civilized grown-up discussion since you and your faithful congregation left.

Civilised because they are patient with your BS?

I like those guys as well but then we all have different debating styles.

You agreed that all atheists are fools. You claimed atheists like me are sam as communists. Yet you didnt insult me. BRAVO!!!!!
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

John Horton Conway (1937–): British mathematician active in the theory of finite groups, knot theory, number theory, combinatorial game theory and coding theory. He is best known for the invention of the cellular automaton called Conway's Game of Life.[52]

ugustus De Morgan (1806–1871): British mathematician and logician. He formulated De Morgan's laws and introduced the term mathematical induction, making its idea rigorous.[70][71][72]

Sir James Hall (1761–1832): Scottish geologist and chemist, President of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and leading figure in the Scottish Enlightenment.[117]

Edmond Halley (1656-1742): English astronomer, geophysicist, mathematician, meteorologist and physicist. Best known for computing the orbit of the eponymous Halley's Comet.[118]

Sir John Leslie (1766–1832): Scottish mathematician and physicist best remembered for his research into heat; he was the first person to artificially produce ice, and gave the first modern account of capillary action.[157]

Let's start from the bottom of the list, shall we.

1. Sir John Leslie Quotes :

"but whatever may be the effect of such calumnies on the minds of strangers, it affords me much consolation to think, that they will be heard with contempt and indignation by those who know the real state of my sentiments, and particularly by such as are acquainted with the strictness of those religious principles in which I had the happiness to be educated from my earliest years."

and on his behalf by a member of the clergy :

"his son was once a student of divinity; and though he has not prosecuted his theological studies, having been much engaged in other literary pursuits, I never heard that he had ceased to respect the doctrines or discipline of the church of Scotland. On the contrary, the leading doctrines of Christianity he regards with reverence."

Source - http://www.electricscotland.com/history/other/leslie_john2.htm

2. Edmond Halley is the product of not just a religious upbringing but also a religious education at St Paul's School in Derby. Why didn't he go to an atheist school,lol.

Where were these schools started by our wonderful , loving and benevolent atheists ! None, yep , that's the answer, absolutely zilch.

By inference therefore, it is safe to say that 99% of scientists were either Theists or Atheists who relied heavily on Theists ( Christian ) education to enhance their learning , and formulate the methods , and develop the tools they used to achieve fame in their respective areas of expertise.

Oh by the way , and still on Edmond, peruse this hilarious piece below :

One problem that attracted his attention was the proof of Kepler's laws of planetary motion. In August 1684, he went to Cambridge to discuss this with Sir Isaac Newton, only to find that Newton had solved the problem, but published nothing. Halley convinced him to write the Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica (1687), which was published at Halley's expense.

Mate, I could go on and on and on, but it's of no use, you would rather keep clinging to your multiple delusions, I can only assist you by exposing the fallacy of your position and hoping that with time, reason shall prevail.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Really? this is the example you brought up? The old testament kings and priests were always in direct relationship with each other. In fact it was the priesthood that validated a king's authority. Without the anointing of the priest/prophet, no kingship. Do you even know what separation of church and state means.

The ancient Egyptian kings were literally seen as gods themselves. That's more like a union rather than a separation. Wouldn't you agree?

From what I know of the piraha tribe (wikipedia), they have neither church nor state in the first place talk less of a separation. Please provide your sources to back up your claim.

It wasnt me that made that claim about old testament kings, it was one of your apologist bros. So we agree on the holes in that argument.

As for the ancient Egyptians, there is little difference between them and North Korea. Both leaders are divine.

As for Piraha tribe, they remain godless
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by wiegraf: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Would you agree that someone who claims that something can pop into existence out of nothing must be a fool?

Is it for me? No

I do think someone who thinks such a person a fool despite believing in sky tyrants and talking snakes is clearly retarde.d.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
Civilised because they are patient with your BS?
I believe we are still patiently waiting for you to come and explain the lies you tabled against Christianity here.

I like those guys as well but then we all have different debating styles.
Lol, I hope you were not including yourself in the "we" because last I checked, raining insults on people does not qualify as a debating style

You agreed that all atheists are fools.

I defined a fool as someone who says something can come from nothing. If atheists hold this view then they are fools no doubt.

You claimed atheists like me are sam as communists. Yet you didnt insult me. BRAVO!!!!!
Why are you lying? Was lying part of your new year resolutions? I never said atheists are the same as communists. I said atheists were responsible for the death of many religious folks in the process of enforcing atheism as a state religion.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Let's start from the bottom of the list, shall we.

1. Sir John Leslie Quotes :

"but whatever may be the effect of such calumnies on the minds of strangers, it affords me much consolation to think, that they will be heard with contempt and indignation by those who know the real state of my sentiments, and particularly by such as are acquainted with the strictness of those religious principles in which I had the happiness to be educated from my earliest years."

and on his behalf by a member of the clergy :

"his son was once a student of divinity; and though he has not prosecuted his theological studies, having been much engaged in other literary pursuits, I never heard that he had ceased to respect the doctrines or discipline of the church of Scotland. On the contrary, the leading doctrines of Christianity he regards with reverence."

Source - http://www.electricscotland.com/history/other/leslie_john2.htm

2. Edmond Halley is the product of not just a religious upbringing but also a religious education at St Paul's School in Derby. Why didn't he go to an atheist school,lol.

Where were these schools started by our wonderful , loving and benevolent atheists ! None, yep , that's the answer, absolutely zilch.

By inference therefore, it is safe to say that 99% of scientists were either Theists or Atheists who relied heavily on Theists ( Christian ) education to enhance their learning and formulate the methods and develop the tools they used to achieve fame in their respective areas of expertise.

Oh by the way , and still on Edmond, peruse this hilarious piece below :

One problem that attracted his attention was the proof of Kepler's laws of planetary motion. In August 1684, he went to Cambridge to discuss this with Sir Isaac Newton, only to find that Newton had solved the problem, but published nothing. Halley convinced him to write the Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica (1687), which was published at Halley's expense.

Mate, I could go on and on and on, but it's of no use, you would rather keep clinging to your multiple delusions, I can only assist you by exposing the fallacy of your position and hoping that with time, reason shall prevail.

Fail, you bring up quotes about one of guys talking about religion and he is not an atheist?

All the people I Listed were publicly declared atheists in science and technology. You are a liar! Liar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

Logicboy03:

Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:
It wasnt me that made that claim about old testament kings, it was one of your apologist bros. So we agree on the holes in that argument.

As for the ancient Egyptians, there is little difference between them and North Korea. Both leaders are divine.

As for Piraha tribe, they remain godless
If I recall correctly, the question was about the separation of church and state you have still not addressed this?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by luxanne(f): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
2good: If your bible says that, then your bible is bull sh.it and you are the fool for not using your brain to reason.
to reason wat exactly, dat humans evolved from robots? Den wer did d spirit and soul came from? Wake up from ur slumber brother
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
wiegraf:

Is it for me? No

I do think someone who thinks such a person a fool despite believing in sky tyrants and talking snakes is clearly retarde.d.

Oh dear, appears allegory tripped you here.

Btw, when was the last time you sat down to perform the art of constructive thinking , and come up with original ideas of yours, rather than rehashing third hand nonsense from hearsay and wishful imagination ?
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail, you bring up quotes about one of guys talking about religion and he is not an atheist?

All the people I Listed were publicly declared atheists in science and technology. You are a liar! Liar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

Appears you are overheated, when did I say they were all Christian ? Place some iceblock on your medulla oblongata to calm your nerves grin

I repeat :

By inference therefore, it is safe to say that 99% of scientists were either Theists or Atheists who relied heavily on Theists ( Christian ) education to enhance their learning , and formulate the methods , and develop the tools they used to achieve fame in their respective areas of expertise.
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
-Is something coming from nothing illogical? Then what's God?

-Can there be nothing?

Questions that burden the heart. Make person no crase sha...
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I believe we are still patiently waiting for you to come and explain the lies you tabled against Christianity here.

Lol, I hope you were not including yourself in the "we" because last I checked, raining insults on people does not qualify as a debating style

I defined a fool as someone who says something can come from nothing. [size=18pt]If [/size]atheists hold this view then they are fools no doubt.

Why are you lying? Was lying part of your new year resolutions? I never said atheists are the same as communists. I said atheists were responsible for the death of many religious folks in the process of enforcing atheism as a state religion.

You know that "something comes from nothing" can not be stuck to atheists and that is why you dubiously put "if". This shows how you are willing to lie and insult atheists based on a straw man to call them fools.

Some chrisyain here has already threatened to abuse my father when I didnt abuse him and neither did I aus you on this thread. You keep lying and lying and lying

What lie have I told about christianity? you just bring up BS and try to stick it on people
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

What lie have I told about christianity? you just bring up BS and try to stick it on people

We don't have to bring up BS and try to stick it to ATHEISM, it sticks by default !
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by MrAnony1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
wiegraf:
Is it for me? No

Ah.....here he comes. Thanks for your subjective opinion
Re: Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
frosbel:

Appears you are overheated, when did I say they were all Christian ? Place some iceblock on your medulla oblongata to calm your nerves grin

I repeat :

What part of the bible is scienitific? See how rubbish your argument is?

And dont lie, you tried to make it seem that Leslie was a christian. Mtchew

The best science in the bible;
-A dead jew coming back to life after being tortured, crucified and dead for 3 days
-A talking snake
-A talking donkey?
-A ritualist cure for leprosy?
-6 days of creeation.

If science was based on these biblical facts, we would still be in the stone age

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Pastor Ignila Gives Botswana Widow $1000, Gives Her Son Scholarship (Pics) / Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.