Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12712 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
Chedarking:

I only posted to register my disbelief at the utter stupidity displayed by one of the most intellectually-bankrupt confusionists ever to inflict himself on the good people of this forum...

lol......I know that I butthurt you and you are looking for revenge.

You will fail
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

When you are ready to acknowledge that the article was saying that natural selection didnt cause the height, get back to me.

LMAO

Are you saying the article confirms evolution didn't cause increase in height?

Is that what you are saying now?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol......I know that I butthurt you and you are looking for revenge.

You will fail

LMAO

LMAO

ROTFLMAO
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
Chedarking:

LMAO

Are you saying the article confirms evolution didn't cause increase in height?

Is that what you are saying now?

Reetarded question.

Try again. Rephrase
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
Chedarking:

LMAO

LMAO

ROTFLMAO

lol
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Reetarded question.

Try again. Rephrase

Ok.

I will humour you.

What do you think was the basic premise of that article
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by wirinet(m): 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
If the purpose of this thread is to acquire some basic understanding of evolution as regards to biological life, i would have gladly put in some energy to explain some details. But from the attitude of the poster, it seems the purpose of this post is to attempt to ridicule atheists using evolution as a bait.

Even though it has been pointed out again and again that evolution and atheism are two different concepts, and that there had been atheists for thousands of years ever before the theory of evolution was proposed, some theists prefer to play deaf, dumb and blind to the fact. Even the father of evolution Charles Darwin was not an atheist.

It is amazing the poster and his supporters do not understand the word evolution, and are not willing to consult a dictionary or Google. Everything that exists evolves, the universe evolves, the sun evolves, the earth evolves, societies evolves, ideas evolves, businesses evolves and living matter evolves, even nairaland have evolved in the 8 odd years of it existence. So i honestly do not understand their hated for the biological evolution. Any thing that cannot evolve to cope with changing conditions dies or becomes extinct. The key word here is changing conditions.

Even the Christian God has evolved from Moses's days (despite the claim of remaining the same yesterday, today and forever), and is still evolving.

So my advice read up a little on biological evolution and you will be a little more enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Bella3(f): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03: This is serious.

People laughing at their own ignorance.

Frosbel, you live in the UK, you can go to the museums and look at the armours that the warriors were supposed to wear. Very small, and would fit an average 16 year old.

You can also go to your dentist and get him to explain why our wisdom teeth are giving us problems while many dont even grow wisdom teeth.

Examples of microevolution in humans
Funny how people laugh at their own ignorance.
SUCH LOGIC ! TUFIAKWA!
Even my younger sister knows english people are relatively smaller compared to americans, africans,etc
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
Bélla3: SUCH LOGIC ! TUFIAKWA!
Even my younger sister knows english people are relatively smaller compared to americans, africans,etc

lol....according to the house of Bella.

You sure that your full name isnt Frosbella grin grin grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Bella3(f): 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....according to the house of Bella.

You sure that your full name isnt Frosbella grin grin grin
Is that all you can say after being caught red handed playing 'logic'?grin Kai.
Btw the name sounds nice.wink
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by wiegraf: 1:50am On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel: I start with mine :

1. Using logic, reason and scientific evidence, kindly trace back to the beginning , the origin of MAN.

2. In your own words, describe how you think human reproductive organs evolved into what it is today

3. If we came from monkeys , how come we still have monkeys around today

Thanks,

1. Dunno
2. Dunno
3. Dunno. Actually, not sure we came from monkeys. We are rather different from them.

How did this reach 4 pages?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 17, 2013
Bélla3: Is that all you can say after being caught red handed playing 'logic'?grin Kai.

Wow, you dont see your foolish over generalisation?

Bélla3: SUCH LOGIC ! TUFIAKWA!

Did you do any studies to know this? Was there america during the time of English knights in armour?

Kai
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 17, 2013
wiegraf:

1. Dunno
2. Dunno
3. Dunno. Actually, not sure we came from monkeys. We are rather different from them.

How did this reach 4 pages?

one atheist who is at least honest enough to state the truth... much of the foundation for atheism is based on blind faith.

3 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by ezme(m): 8:08am On Jan 17, 2013
davidylan:

one atheist who is at least honest enough to state the truth... much of the foundation for atheism is based on blind faith.

And what is Christianity/Islam based on? Really how many Christians/muslim can actually explain why dey believe without playing the faith card? If the bulk of the atheist here cannot give answers regarding evolution, does that make Christianity right? Does that really prove anything?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by ezme(m): 8:19am On Jan 17, 2013
davidylan:

Putting faith and atheism in one sentence really got me confused. Do atheists have a common belief system or they just reject the existence of a supreme being as many religion tend to project? What is the basis for the atheist's argument? Is it logic or faith?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Bélla3: Is that all you can say after being caught red handed playing 'logic'?grin Kai.

so you are the mysterious frosbella ?

hmmm grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by wirinet(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2013

1. Using logic, reason and scientific evidence, kindly trace back to the beginning , the origin of MAN.

2. In your own words, describe how you think human reproductive organs evolved into what it is today

Thanks,

let me waste some energy this morning, i hope it is not a waste of time.

1. The origin of man. To tell someone to trace the origin of anything without providing the search parameters is ridiculous and meaningless. If i just say trace the origin of frosbel, what does it mean? Is it from the moment of your birth?, from your paternal or maternal roots (going back how long)? Or is it the history of your birth place or country?

According to evolution, all living things on earth share a common ancestor, so if you want to trace the origin of man, you have to say how far back in time we should trace from.

2. Human reproductive organ. Human reproductive organ has not evolved (because there is no need to). reproductive organs which was introduced by insects had been perfected by the mammals. Reproductive organ, evolved to enable sexua| reproduction on land (outside the oceans), as life took to land from the oceans

In a related issue, there is a problem with the hip size of women in relation to skull size babies, which should put a limit to the size of a baby's (human) skull, but ceasarean operation is used to bye pass that limit. So we are wondering what its effect on human evolution would be. (sorry for the digression).

3. Monkeys. This is the greatest fallacy of uninformed theists, and the reason they hate evolution with passion. Man did not evolve from monkeys, and monkeys can never evolve to become man. Evidence point to man (homo sapiens sapiens) and monkey split from a common ancestry about 5 million years ago, and have followed a different evolutionary path since then.

No need to thank me, just read up a bit on evolution so we can have a more fruitful debate.

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by onetrack(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2013

Thanks,

1. There are many books on this. One cannot answer this question on a simple forum. Just like if I asked you to trace the development of Christianity from its origins to the present. You can't do it justice on a forum.

2. Adaptive genetic mutations are the source of changes in species over time.

3. We did not come from monkeys. If Christianity came from Judaism, why is there still Judaism?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Areaboy2(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2013
davidylan:

I dont get you guys! undecided undecided undecided

An atheists starting point from every information or quest for information is "I don't know". Then he works he way up the ladder to get compelling evidence to provide the best fit explanation for the initial quest.

Yours on the other hand Is "I do know and its god". Yet you groom your massive pair of hairy balls just point fingers and cry out "Blind faith"?

For lack of a better phrase.. "Oh dear god!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Kay17: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2013

Thanks,

Why?!

Because the next conclusion is God did it??
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=Area_boy]

I dont get you guys! undecided undecided undecided

We don't get you guys either grin

An atheists starting point from every information or quest for information is "I don't know". Then he works he way up the ladder to get compelling evidence to provide the best fit explanation for the initial quest.

A Christian's starting point from every information or quest for information is " by faith we know".

Is it not rather weird , that atheists start from a position of " I don't know" and still don't know after zillions of years ?

Yours on the other hand Is "I do know and its god". Yet you groom your massive pair of hairy balls just point fingers and cry out "Blind faith"?

No. Ours is we know by faith , logic and reason that a strictly ordered, organised and arranged creation does not just happen by some random chance of events that took zillions of years to evolve. It is because of theories like this , that we have a word called NONSENSE in the English dictionary.

By the way , this evolution you keep talking about

1. how did the process of evolution start ?
2. What is the initiating force behind the process of evolution
3. If human processes have a designer, why not evolution, why would something as organised as evolution not have an intelligent mind behind it.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by F00028: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
ezme:
Putting faith and atheism in one sentence really got me confused. Do atheists have a common belief system or they just reject the existence of a supreme being as many religion tend to project? What is the basis for the atheist's argument? Is it logic or faith?

blind faith! cos going thru this thread, its definitely not logic
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by F00028: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
2good:

Atheism is different from evolution theory. Not every Atheist have absolute believe in evolution. Just want to clarify that so ask more reasonable questions next time

so how do those unbelieving atheists think we got here then?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Kay 17:

Why?!

Because the next conclusion is God did it??

well who did it ?

You keep dodging my questions.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Some more questions for our atheists in Nairaland :

1. Does the universe have a beginning that requires a cause? If so, what was this cause?

2. Is materialistic determinism compatible with the intrinsically probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics?

3. How do you account for the physical parameters of the universe (the gravitational constant, the strong nuclear force, the mass and charge of a proton, etc.) being finely tuned for the existence of stars, planets, and life?

4. Why is the human mind naturally fluent in the language of mathematics, and how do you explain the eerie, seemingly unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in describing the laws of nature?

5. Do you believe that DNA repair mechanisms, catalytically perfect enzymes, and phenomena such as substrate channeling are best explained by naturalism? If so, why are rational human scientists and engineers so woefully incapable of imitating the precision and complexity of cellular machinery that (presumably) arose via strictly irrational processes?

Source
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by PastorKun(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel: Some more questions for our atheists in Nairaland :

1. Does the universe have a beginning that requires a cause? If so, what was this cause?

2. Is materialistic determinism compatible with the intrinsically probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics?

3. How do you account for the physical parameters of the universe (the gravitational constant, the strong nuclear force, the mass and charge of a proton, etc.) being finely tuned for the existence of stars, planets, and life?

4. Why is the human mind naturally fluent in the language of mathematics, and how do you explain the eerie, seemingly unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in describing the laws of nature?

5. Do you believe that DNA repair mechanisms, catalytically perfect enzymes, and phenomena such as substrate channeling are best explained by naturalism? If so, why are rational human scientists and engineers so woefully incapable of imitating the precision and complexity of cellular machinery that (presumably) arose via strictly irrational processes?

Source

This one na Jamb kwesun ooo! grin

@frosbel why are you trying to kill ants with a sledge hammer angry grin
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2013

Source
Mehn! I like these questions. I don't think a satisfactory answer will come to play here. The best you can get is, 'we don't know now, but later it will become plain'.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
I'm daring any atheist in this forum to answer the above questions.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: I'm daring any atheist in this forum to answer the above questions.
Lol, you can dare them to answer this too.

https://www.nairaland.com/1165701/laymans-question-multiverse-theory

2 Likes

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2013

Source

Okay,

we accept that intelligent design wins, now stand by for details here below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arhd4Kq1cI
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Okay,

http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6arhd4Kq1cI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6arhd4Kq1cI
What's in the video?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
cyrexx:

Okay,

http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6arhd4Kq1cI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6arhd4Kq1cI

hmm, dud link.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

On Demonic Afflictions / Does Using Healing Crystals Fall Under Magic, Witchcraft And Sorcery? / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.