Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here (12709 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by MrAnony1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
cyrexx:

LOL,

you dont need to search for you to find so many unbelievably absurd claims contained therein, like the questions Plaetton earlier raised that you and frosbel are running away from.

You and your fellows are just good at turning blind eye to unbelievable absurdities.
I don't remember plaetton asking me any questions. By the way I wonder what counts as an absurdity to you if you are quite comfortable with the clear logical incoherency of something coming from nothing.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:

Don't be a liar Frosbel. You have not explained anything.
I asked you some simple questions about your beliefs and you ran away and never answered them.

let me repeat them here.

1. Describe how the universe was created in 7 days, with evidence , if any.

2. How was the sun created on the third day when we all know that the sun appearance is measure of day and night? How were the first two days noted without the sun , which was created on the third day?

3. Can you show us any evidence that a snake had the anatomic structures required to articulate vocal speech?

4. And lastly, since you cited the Neanderthal man earlier, to support your own arguments, I assume that you accept that they existed.
If so, did they exist before or after Adam and Eve?

I warn you, dont run away from me this time. You have done it twice already.
I am waiting.

I am not one to run away from debates or questions within reason, but the purpose of this thread was to ask you and your atheist cohorts questions for the benefit of all and sundry.

This is not a Christian answer and question article, raise a new one for this purpose if you may.

In the mean time, it appears the questions asked so far have not received satisfactory answers from your so called expert atheist scientists. You keep referring us to web sites and other sources other than your own knowledge, is this not because you are all void of the required information needed to defend your shaky and fanciful ideas ?

If you are so certain and confident of your stance , based on the information you have , why cower in the face of our demands that you explain some simple concepts which are alternatives to the story of creation.

Alas, you cannot , you all have failed big time , and I dare say I speak on behalf of others , when I say we are quite disappointed.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by cyrexx: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
And this is creationism that anony, frosbel are rationalising and believing over modern scientific discoveries.

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

I am not one to run away from debates or questions within reason, but the purpose of this thread was to ask you and your atheist cohorts questions for the benefit of all and sundry.

This is not a Christian answer and question article, raise a new one for this purpose if you may.

In the mean time, it appears the questions asked so far have not received satisfactory answers from your so called expert atheist scientists. You keep referring us to web sites and other sources other than your own knowledge, is this not because you are all void of the required information needed to defend your shaky and fanciful ideas ?

If you are so certain and confident of your stance , based on the information you have , why cower in the face of our demands that you explain some simple concepts which are alternatives to the story of creation.

Alas, you cannot , you all have failed big time , and I dare say I speak on behalf of others , when I say we are quite disappointed.

lol......of course, we all fail gladly when dubious questions are asked.

I accept this failure, Frosbel.

A creationist marking evolution papers?

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

First, i have not heard anyone on this forum describe themselves as atheist-scientist. You hate atheists and you dont understand sceience. That is your problem.

So this is a surrender? I hope everyone is taking note.
Frosbel has been publicly flogged.
He does not know and does not have the humility to admit so.
Ndo o.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:
First, i have not heard anyone on this forum describe themselves as atheist-scientist. You hate atheists and you dont understand sceience. That is your problem.

So this is a surrender? I hope everyone is taking note.
Frosbel has been publicly flogged.
He does not know and does not have the humility to admit so.
Ndo o.

First off , I return your Ndo to sender grin

If you do not know science , the least you can do is to have a grip on the main issues and possess a foundational knowledge required to support and even defend your position.

You have to admit that you practice blind faith , because you are yet to provide us theists with any factual evidence required to convert us to your school of thought.

Just to reiterate you cannot support a position , and not be able to defend it, even a child understands this basic logic.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
Can I just ask any atheist here to explain the irrationality of religion in ONE sentence...

Not a long essay, just sum up your opinion on religion.

Thank you.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

First off , I return your Ndo to sender grin

If you do not know science , the least you can do is to have a grip on the main issues and possess a foundational knowledge required to support and even defend your position.

You have to admit that you practice blind faith , because you are yet to provide us theists with any factual evidence required to convert us to your school of thought.

Just to reiterate you cannot support a position and not be able to defend it, even a child understands this basic logic.

Convert? isn't that a religious word?

You still dont get it, do you?
I doubt that anyone is out here to convert you.

Atheism is a rejection of fairy tales by the simple application of common sense.
We do not need to write a scientific or cosmological treatise to justify unbelief in things that are contradictory and absurd.

Here are some of my reasons for my common sense (not scientific treatise) atheistic viewpoints.

1. The universe was not, and could not have been created in 7 days

2. Scientific dating, fossil and geological evidence evidence point the fact that the earth is 4.7 billion yrs old.

3. Same evidence as above point to the fact that humans, modern humans , have been on earth for about 250,000 yrs.

4. same evidence point to the fact that similar species of humans, e.g Neantherthals, preceded or co-existed with modern humans in the remote past.

5. That there exists no evidence to speculate or suggest that snakes might have been able to talk at any time history.

6. No one has ever seen, heard or recorded god. there is no puppet master controlling the affairs of the universe. the universe is swinging along fine on its own as far everyone can see.

7. As far we know so far, it appears that the universe evolved from primordial electromagnetic energy(if you wanna call it god, suit yourself). How, when and why? We are still trying to find out.

8.The belief and worship of god by ancient man is quite understandable. They knew nothing about anything. The belief and worship of god by modern man, is just a cop out, a laziness and refusal to exercise their mind to investigate.

It is now your turn to debunk all 8 points and show me how foolish I am.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Plaetteon I must admit, your argument is quite rational...

...however one of your statements caught my eye.

plaetton:
Scientific dating, fossil and geological evidence evidence point the fact that the earth is 4.7 billion yrs old.

Do you know this from personally carried out experiments and lab work?

Or is this statement born of study of other peoples work - literature, web resources, e.t.c.... ?

1 Like

Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Chedarking: Plaetteon I must admit, your argument is quite rational...

Or is this statement born of study of other peoples work - literature, web resources, e.t.c.... ?

fair question
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2013

waiting for his answer !
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2013

That is what is scientifically accepted. Meaning the tests and experiments have been carried out, peer reviewed, duplicated, and then accepted as genuine. Now if in the future, someone, perhaps you, come out with a better dating method and new age for the earth, it would go through the same scientific process before it is accepted. Science has the beauty of upgrading itself .

If I might add, that there is nothing holy sacred or special about science and scientist. Anyone, you or I or Frosbel, if we have the tools and the knowhow, can dublicate the experiments and get the same results.

No divine revelation involved or required.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

waiting for his answer !

Unlike You Frosbel, i do not run away from questons. The worst that can happen is to say that I do not know simply because I have no god to defend..
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:

That is what is scientifically accepted. Meaning the tests and experiments have been carried out, peer reviewed, duplicated, and then accepted as genuine. Now if in the future, someone, perhaps you, come out with a better dating method and new age for the earth, it would go through the same scientific process before it is accepted. Science has the beauty of upgrading itself .

Agreed.

But perhaps you did not understand my question.

Have YOU personally done any tests that have been peer reviewed, duplicated, and accepted as genuine?

Or did you make your assertion on the back of what other researchers have pronounced genuine?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote author=plaetton]

Convert? isn't that a religious word?

hmm not according to the hypocrite called Richard Dawkins.

You still dont get it, do you?
I doubt that anyone is out here to convert you.

The Mlitant atheists are , no ?

I have evidence , but will wait for your lie before I respond.

Atheism is a rejection of fairy tales by the simple application of common sense.
We do not need to write a scientific or cosmological treatise to justify unbelief in things that are contradictory and absurd.

What can be more absurd than believing in unproven theories ?

Atheists are not able to agree on various principles and ideas, in fact some atheists bastardize the concept of atheism by believing in an intelligent designer, even Richard Dawkins your prophet has refused to discount this possibility, talk less of his common clueless followers grin

Here are some of my reasons for my common sense (not scientific treatise) atheistic viewpoints.

1. The universe was not, and could not have been created in 7 days

Why ?

Submit your reasons fully backed with evidence.

3. Same evidence as above point to the fact that humans, modern humans , have been on earth for about 250,000 yrs.

proof please !

4. same evidence point to the fact that similar species of humans, e.g Neantherthals, preceded or co-existed with modern humans in the remote past.

co-existed with modern humans ? That's a new one. By the way what evidence do you posses that will prove beyond reasonable doubt that Neantherthals existed ?

5. That there exists no evidence to speculate or suggest that snakes might have been able to talk at any time history.

I am sure that was the only ONE snake that talked since time immemorial grin

The snake must have talked by diabolical possession , in other words the snake did not actually talk, the snake was a medium used by another higher force for expression.

6. No one has ever seen, heard or recorded god. there is no puppet master controlling the affairs of the universe. the universe is swinging along fine on its own as far everyone can see.

I have personally heard GOD speak to me , that debunks the nonsense your just spouted above.

7. As far we know so far, it appears that the universe evolved from primordial electromagnetic energy(if you wanna call it god, suit yourself). How, when and why? We are still trying to find out.

How did evolution begin, what was the initiator of this process ?

8.The belief and worship of god by ancient man is quite understandable. They knew nothing about anything. The belief and worship of god by modern man, is just a cop out, a laziness and refusal to exercise their mind to investigate.

Why should we exercise our minds to believe in your fantasy ?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Chedarking:

Agreed.

Have YOU personally done any tests that have been peer reviewed, duplicated, and accepted as genuine?

Or did you make your assertion on the back of what other researchers have pronounced genuine?

Why would someone need to do lab results or research when such work has been done, replicated, scrutinized and explained in detail?

This is the same foolish question you asked me and then ran away.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Chedarking:

Agreed.

I think You know the answer to that question before you asked it.
No, I have not done that particular experiment. I have no need to. i have absolute confidence in the Scientific Method.

As a science student, I performed many scientific experiments in the lab to arrive at same conclusions as other scientists.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Bella3(f): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, you dont see your foolish over generalisation?

Did you do any studies to know this? Was there america during the time of English knights in armour?

Kai
am guessing there wasnt africans too. Kai!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:

I think You know the answer to that question before you asked it.
No, I have not done that particular experiment. I have no need to. i have absolute confidence in the Scientific Method.

As a science student, I performed many scientific experiments in the lab to arrive at same conclusions as other scientists.

What a deceived fellow, how can you have absolute confidence in a scientific method that has proven nothing ? Instead this bogus scientific method of yours has raised more questions than answers .

Why are we no nearer to the truth with all the research , scientific analysis and investigations carried out by thousands of scientists ?

Why should we continue to live a meaningless life while waiting for these clueless ones to tell us why we are here, how we came to be and where we are going.

The answer is simple, they do not have the answers and never will.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:

If you haven't conducted the experiment yourself, how do you know that the proponents of this theory ARE NOT ALL LYING?

Mind, I'm not saying that the esteemed astrophysicists and their papers are false...

I'm just asking...how do you know they're not?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Frosbel has really gone koo koo this new year.

For some reason, I never realized that you were so infantile in your reasoning. No wonder you are all over the place.

If god is talking to you, well, according to modern psychiatry, you have a common neurosis.
The good news is that there is a medication for that.
wink
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
BĂ©lla3: am guessing there wasnt africans too. Kai!

dafuq?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton: Frosbel has really gone koo koo this new year.

For some reason, I never realized that you were so infantile in your reasoning. No wonder you are all over the place.

If god is talking to you, well, according to modern psychiatry, you have a come neurosis.
The good news is that there is a medication for that.
wink

well for one I do not hear voices grin

I perceive the same small still gentle, kind and loving voice from within my heart , that millions of Christians have also witnessed.

Remember GOD does not talk to FOOLs.

So why do you want to discount my experience, is that not arrogance ?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
Chedarking:

If you haven't conducted the experiment yourself, how do you know that the proponents of this theory ARE NOT ALL LYING?

Mind, I'm not saying that the esteemed astrophysicists and their papers are false...

I'm just asking...how do you know they're not?

I will not condenscend to that level with you.
There is something called the scientific method, have you heard of it?

My favourite saying is this, " The pre-eminence of any system , or process, can be measured by the quality of its output".

The scientific method has proven itself over the past 300 yrs or so.
Every thing that you enjoy today is testimony of the pre-eminence of the scientific method.
Need I say more?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

well for one I do not hear voices grin

I perceive the same small still gentle, kind and loving voice from within my heart , that millions of Christians have also witnessed.

Remember GOD does not talk to FOOLs.

So why do you want to discount my experience, is that not arrogance ?

your spiritual experience is personal and subjective.....can not be taken as a valid objective piece of evidence
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

your spiritual experience is personal and subjective.....can not be taken as a valid objective piece of evidence

But this has been experienced by millions of other Christians, what do you think Sir. LogicBoy.
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
It has not gone without my notice , that all the hot air been blown by plaetton has exhausted it's supply , for he has refused to respond to some of the more difficult questions posed to him in previous comments.

Could he be hiding ignorance ?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

But this has been experienced by millions of other Christians, what do you think Sir. LogicBoy.

What does God/Jesus look like...would you and milllions of other christians give me the same answser?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Bella3(f): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel:

so you are the mysterious frosbella ?

hmmm grin
LOL...grin
the name sounds nice!
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Chedarking: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
plaetton:

I will not condenscend to that level with you.
There is something called the scientific method, have you heard of it?

My favourite saying is this, " The pre-eminence of any system , or process, can be measured by the quality of its output".

The scientific method has proven itself over the past 300 yrs or so.
Every thing that you enjoy today is testimony of the pre-eminence of the scientific method.
Need I say more?

Plaetton...

I beg your indulgence...

I am fully aware of the scientific method...

I just ask...How do you know that the scientific method was followed in this case?

Afterall, many so called scientific theories have been proven to be false...

How do you know that this is not the case here?
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by plaetton: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
frosbel: It has not gone without my notice , that all the hot air been blown by plaetton has exhausted it's supply , for he has refused to respond to some of the more difficult questions posed to him in previous comments.

Could he be hiding ignorance ?

I dont know what questions you are referring to.
You are the Hussain Bolt of this forum. lol

I have no shame in being ignorant about something.

Here is another of my favourite sayings:

"He knows not who knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him.
But he knows not, who knows not that he knows not, is a fool, scorn him".
Re: Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

dafuq?
What is the meaning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa / What The Bible Say About Sports! / On Demonic Afflictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.