Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (26175 Views)

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / ECOWAS To Send 3,000 Troops To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Rex123(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

Those Jets are very expensive o!!

If France loses one, they can replace it easily.. If Nigeria loses one, omo EKITI State Budget for 4 years never buy one o!!

Instead, make dem come carry Chachangi plane go.. Them fit wind down the window dey shoot them from there..
u don kill me wit laff. 1000000 likes.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Arosa:

You are a mad man and you know it.

Of course, I expected such nonsense from a brainwashed maggot out of African backwater. The Biafrans were called rebels by the British in 1967.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
I say we kill them all. All Islamists must be killed both within and without. This is a lesson to Buhari Boko Boys.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Arosa(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1:

Of course, I expected such nonsense from a brainwashed maggot out of African backwater. The Biafrans were called rebels by the British in 1967.

Abeg comot for road you stinking maggot infested cunnt. Biafra is History deal with it, mumu.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Rex123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1: I wish all planes, civilian or military, Nigeria sent to Mali are destroyed by benevolent forces. If Mali rebels wish to truncate the 1884 partition of Africa by European powers,especially in Mali, I strongly believed Nigeria has no business siding with France to say otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
Arosa:

Abeg comot for road you stinking maggot infested cunnt. Biafra is History deal with it, mumu.

You have demonstrated inherent stupidity with your posts. Do I need to search for further evidence why Africa is looked upon disdainfully?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Rex123(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1: I wish all planes, civilian or military, Nigeria sent to Mali are destroyed by benevolent forces. If Mali rebels wish to truncate the 1884 partition of Africa by European powers,especially in Mali, I strongly believed Nigeria has no business siding with France to say otherwise.
what the Bleep re u saying?
God gave us brains for a reason.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Arosa(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1:

You have demonstrated inherent stupidity with your posts. Do I need to search for further evidence why Africa is looked upon disdainfully?

Dey talk to yourself there, I no get your time.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
Rex123:
what the Bleep re u saying?
God gave us brains for a reason.

If you can not comprehend a simple sentence, I can not help you. You probably saw the Northern Malian fighters as terrorists; I saw them as freedom fighters who wanted a nation carved out of represent day Mali. It is idiocy for anybody with pin-size brain to insinuate the freedom fighters in northern Mali are evil warriors willing to rampage and pillage entire Africa.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by loswhite(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
igbo2011:

I we were serious we would have the government heavily support the company so they can make the planes for us instead of foreigners. This was made in the 80s, if they were supported back then then right now we could have more other companies like that and even compete on a global stage. The government needs to do a better job with supporting Africans instead of supporting foreigners. Inferiority complex sha.
who is the government ?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by philip0906(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
c as nairalanders don turn commandos and army generals-dey analyse fighter jets.E'rybody wan sha claim sey dem sabi. Too much action films @ work.
Besides, na d same army wey don dey fight boko boys-with little/no success? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
I wonder how many people remember the January 27th 2002 Ikeja bomb blasts?

Imagine what would happen if the Nigerian Air Force were to drop those kinds of bombs on Maiduguri or Potiskum.

They could easily defeat boko haram, but think of the number of innocent Nigerian citizens that would die. What would the international community say?

You can't use such high calibre weapons to fight an urban guerrilla insurgency in your country.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Symphony007: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
ROSSIKE: Who knew Nigeria has an air fleet? I'd say anyone with a half-working brain knew Nigeria has an air fleet. Thanks.
apparently your stupidy prompted you to issue such a ghastly and ignorant comment. Next time if you've got nothing to say, back off. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You guys should deal with poverty that has ravaged Nigeria first before thinking of advanced weaponry.what is the point in having a sophisticated military to defend your country against external aggression and having millions of your fellow citizens who can't afford a three square and are more likely to engage in internal strife/insurrection ? I'm sure you won't want to use those advance weapons on them.

Eradicating Poverty is naija topmost priority not advanced weaponry.

Sometimes I dong understand folks. You guys are tge ones that talk about poverty and so on. Now that the govt has purchased cheaper interceptors/fighters, your crew are the very same still complaining that we should've gone for the F-16 and F-22. What the hell do you want?

As much as poverty eradication is of utmost importance, so is security as a country won't flourish if there non. So there's absolutely nothing wrong if we purchase more modern platforms to protect our airspace and provide our troops with the necessary combat air support they will need in the battlefield (e.g Mali).
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
philip0906: c as nairalanders don turn commandos and army generals-dey analyse fighter jets.E'rybody wan sha claim sey dem sabi. Too much action films @ work.
Besides, na d same army wey don dey fight boko boys-with little/no success? undecided

Little or no success abi? So please explain the drastic reduction in major attacks up north and the capture of major high value targets (HVT). Pls read the news and do your research before you insult our troops and spew trash here.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by philip0906(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

Little or no success abi? So please explain the drastic reduction in major attacks up north and the capture of major high value targets (HVT). Pls read the news and do your research before you insult our troops and spew trash here.
so boko haram has been defeated officially? Hurray
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1:

If you can not comprehend a simple sentence, I can not help you. You probably saw the Northern Malian fighters as terrorists; I saw them as freedom fighters who wanted a nation carved out of represent day Mali. It is idiocy for anybody with pin-size brain to insinuate the freedom fighters in northern Mali are evil warriors willing to rampage and pillage entire Africa.

Freedom fighters my foot!! These are the same Northern malian terrorists that provided (and still provide) BH with the necessary resources (weapons,training bases,etc) needed to kill and terrorise innocent Nigerians (Christians and moslems). Let the army send those bastards to hell. And DSS/SSS should pay dimwit sympathisers like you a visit. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
philip0906:

Has the US defeated Al-Qaeda? (Since 1993)
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
philip0906:

No they have not beendefeated as they're not a standing army. However, the terror group has been dealt multiple crippling blows by the intelligence services, military, and police.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2:

NAF MIG-21s have all been retired and replaced with the newer F-7s.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Onlytruth(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
I believe that Nigerian military should have been in Mali looooooooooooooooooong time ago because that is where BH is getting some of their trainings in terror.

Having said that, I also think that Nigeria needs to seriously think about LOCAL weapons development. Knowing how clever some Nigerians can be, I have no doubt that we can come up with world beaters in weapons if we apply our minds to it.

BTW I also think that Nigeria should be in the Congo DR and maintain a PERMANENT base there, because that country is too strategic to be left to Rwandan whims (a little off topic though).
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Onlytruth(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
A quick point I want to add is that it can be almost guaranteed that the terrorists in Mali will inevitably head to Nigeria to support BH sometime in the future if Nigeria does not throw the kitchen sink at them NOW. The semi arid Maghreb region is a den of terror waiting to spread.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

NAF MIG-21s have all been retired and replaced with the newer F-7s.

Yeah of course I know that. I wrote that they were sold off by the Obasanjo admin.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
ocelot2006:

Freedom fighters my foot!! These are the same Northern malian terrorists that provided (and still provide) BH with the necessary resources (weapons,training bases,etc) needed to kill and terrorise innocent Nigerians (Christians and moslems). Let the army send those bastards to hell. And DSS/SSS should pay dimwit sympathisers like you a visit. Nonsense

You are undoubtedly the imbecilic ninny in this discuss. If the reason, among others, Boko Haram is acting up remains transforming certain part of northern Nigeria into Islamic Republic, I had supported them strongly. I am not surprised a dingbat such as you has a fate in the so-called DSS/SSS. I guess DSS/SSS are bunch of dimwits who could not sniff out local hoodlums.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
By the way, in terms of domestic production of our military needs, the Jonathan admin seems to be doing that (although the policy was started by Obasanjo's admin).

DICON has built an armoured car and the navy has built a shore patrol vessel. I hope the policy is continued bu subsequent administrations (don't want a repeat of the air beetle experience).
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Onlytruth(m): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: By the way, in terms of domestic production of our military needs, the Jonathan admin seems to be doing that (although the policy was started by Obasanjo's admin).

DICON has built an armoured car and the navy has built a shore patrol vessel. I hope the policy is continued bu subsequent administrations (don't want a repeat of the air beetle experience).

hehe. Is it those things I could assemble in my own backyard? lol. cheesy
I'm talking about DRONES and other aircrafts, envisioned, conceptualized, and modelled in ways that are very unique to Africa and our fighting strengths.
I'm talking about weapons that can give us advantage over any other nation.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1:

You are undoubtedly the imbecilic ninny in this discuss. If the reason, among others, Boko Haram is acting up remains transforming certain part of northern Nigeria into Islamic Republic, I had supported them strongly. I am not surprised a dingbat such as you has a fate in the so-called DSS/SSS. I guess DSS/SSS are bunch of dimwits who could not sniff out local hoodlums.

Will you shut the hell up?! Hey, here's an idea-why don't you travel down to Mali and help out your fellow "freedom fighter". Believe me, we'll be glad to arrange the eternal meeting btw you bastards and your 72 virgins in hell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Onlytruth:

I'm talking about DRONES and other aircrafts, envisioned, conceptualized, and modelled in ways that are very unique to Africa and our fighting strengths.

The Nigerian Airforce manufactures UAVs. Read up on the AMEBO I and II.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Thok(m): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
This is the bestway to nip terrorism and its effects at the bud. Btw, if u see what our airforce can do, even with outdated jets, u'll marvel and not doubt their capabilities... I rest my case.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
Onlytruth:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Rossikk(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
Symphony007: apparently your stupidy prompted you to issue such a ghastly and ignorant comment. Next time if you've got nothing to say, back off. Thanks.

Look at this compound illiterate. Why don't you go and ask your illiterate siblings if Nigeria ''really has an air fleet. Wow!''?

Dumb wingbat with rocks for brains.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Oby Ezekwesili Gets Apology From CNBC / Stakeholders Reject Amnesty For ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.