Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (26170 Views)

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / ECOWAS To Send 3,000 Troops To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by obitrac: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You guys should deal with poverty that has ravaged Nigeria first before thinking of advanced weaponry.what is the point in having a sophisticated military to defend your country against external aggression and having millions of your fellow citizens who can't afford a three square and are more likely to engage in internal strife/insurrection ? I'm sure you won't want to use those advance weapons on them.

Eradicating Poverty is naija topmost priority not advanced weaponry.
who told you dat naija's topmost problem is poverty,ever been to niger and Çhad where u see poorer people and yet dis countries contributed troops to the malian cause,security should be top of any nations agenda especially against dose jihadist millitants
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by obitrac: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You guys should deal with poverty that has ravaged Nigeria first before thinking of advanced weaponry.what is the point in having a sophisticated military to defend your country against external aggression and having millions of your fellow citizens who can't afford a three square and are more likely to engage in internal strife/insurrection ? I'm sure you won't want to use those advance weapons on them.

Eradicating Poverty is naija topmost priority not advanced weaponry.
who told you dat naija's topmost problem is poverty,ever been to niger and Çhad where u see poorer people and yet dis countries contributed troops to the malian cause,security should be top of any nations agenda especially against dose jihadist millitants
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Symphony007: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Wow..who knew nigeria has an airfleet, those malian militants will soon feel the sting of the federal republic of nigeria. As long as they don't break down.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by onyengbu: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mad Cow:

Those Jets are very expensive o!!

If France loses one, they can replace it easily.. If Nigeria loses one, omo EKITI State Budget for 4 years never buy one o!!

Instead, make dem come carry Chachangi plane go.. Them fit wind down the window dey shoot them from there..

Quite Hilarious but cant that happen? As an improvisation?

What if one load hundreds RPGs and GPMGs on a plane a head to Mali. Are you telling me that those AK-47 wielding mullahs will stand any chance?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by nduchucks: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
We have not yet checked the violence and terrorism by both JTF and Boko Harm, yet we are headed to Mali to generate new enemies while our borders remain as porous as the unit of very loose ladies the night. Methinks GEJ and his advisers have gone mad.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Chazim(m): 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
igbo2011: How much of these are manufactured in Africa? We need to make our own bombs, planes, weapons, drones, etc. We musn't rely on foreigners to supply us forever. WHat if World War III happens? If we are fighting America why would they give us weapons to fight them?

oboy we go produce ogbunigwe
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Chinoanyi(m): 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Y dey no go fite bokoharam wit al dis equipment
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
igbo2011:

I we were serious we would have the government heavily support the company so they can make the planes for us instead of foreigners. This was made in the 80s, if they were supported back then then right now we could have more other companies like that and even compete on a global stage. The government needs to do a better job with supporting Africans instead of supporting foreigners. Inferiority complex sha.

Bro, how far.I got your messages, Thanks. I will holla back. Just need to put my head together. I observed that extended time on Nairaland or perhaps trying to understand the magnitude of the problem from mere human perspective drains the soul and can make one go gaga crazy.

So ,I took my questions to the Most high. A lot was revealed in truth and in spirit. Bottom line, there are answers to our problems starting from our Value System.

But, there is a but;

If the great things God have in store for us cannot be utilized in truth and in spirit; then chaos looms ( that could mean Armageddon). It will take me years to fully comprehend and write down what I saw in the spiritual realm with understanding from God.

God assures us, we must not be afraid. Their bombs and so on cannot stop the hands of time. All of them are working hand in hand. Seek ye the most high and you will understand that this is beyond mere human reasoning.

Where human reasoning stops; God's wisdom starts.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
Man, those are some serious gunships but the jets could use an upgrade. I mean, Chengdus and MiGs in 2013?

Anyway, I respect the air force a lot. Their pilots are some of the smartest humans you can come across.

May God be with them.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Arosa(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
ndu_chucks: We have not yet checked the violence and terrorism by both JTF and Boko Harm, yet we are headed to Mali to generate new enemies while our borders remain as porous as the unit of very loose ladies the night. Methinks GEJ and his advisers have gone mad.

Who do you think are training the Boko boys?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
slim fit :
These are useless planes most countries don't use them anymore .
Shut up and go and learn before talking rubbish. You don't even know the brand or designation of those aircraft. The Chinese airforce uses the chengdu7 as their main fighter jets, as do many other nations. Can ignorant people please stop posting here as this thread is meant for the enlightened. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by ojoawo(m): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Chino_anyi: Y dey no go fite bokoharam wit al dis equipment

WAT?v?

Are you a learner?
You b first class murderer Fø̲̣̣я̅ asking sef... Those things can clear out the entire part North Central in 2hours....innocent people nko
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Burger01: Are these Nigeria war planes Looks like those war planes used in the movie 'Pearl Harbour'.. I beg go get Apaches..
You're a dunce. Apaches are the last thing you need in the terrain in question. But of course you heard the USA uses apaches, so no more need to employ your brain. Kindly leave military matters to the professionals.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
ochukoccna: Operational history
Most actions carried out by the F-7 have been air-to-ground missions. In air-to-air missions, there have rarely been any encounters resulting in dogfights.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-7

This planes are antiques mehn,even at $3mill
Typical brainless comment. Is Nigeria going there to fight air to air with any airforce? The decision to acquire those craft was based on the nature of our potential enemies, not on a beauty contest with usa and co. If the chengdu7 is good enough for the Chinese airforce, it's good enough for Nigeria for now.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
Symphony007: Wow..who knew nigeria has an airfleet, those malian militants will soon feel the sting of the federal republic of nigeria. As long as they don't break down.
Who knew Nigeria has an air fleet? I'd say anyone with a half-working brain knew Nigeria has an air fleet. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by dnawah(m): 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
igbo2011: How much of these are manufactured in Africa? We need to make our own bombs, planes, weapons, drones, etc. We musn't rely on foreigners to supply us forever. WHat if World War III happens? If we are fighting America why would they give us weapons to fight them?
in every 12 there will be a judas,of cause messenaries will supplygrin
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by dnawah(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
gst101: why cant we start making our war planes here in nigeria. What does it take to maintain a war plane?
the same things that could be used in maintainin Nigerian Airways.hop they don privatise it too
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: MiG 21

(Civil war, 1970s and '80s)
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: D'Assault/Dornier Alpha Jet (Liberia & Sierra-Leone)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/832236_alpha_jet_Nigeria_jpg9cc24ccd80ef40286db3872cd0b4c221

The main fighter/bomber used during operations in Liberia and Sierra-Leone.
I'll never forget the BBC African Service's interview with a rebel commander. This was the one thing they feared. Even the BBC's reporter (think it was Jonathan Pelele) was in awe of it.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: Sepecat Jaguar
www.nairaland.com/attachments/832188_aj_jpg199339ef1b992ac8770dc0af7e1a0ce9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/832204_aj2_jpg489c28746be133f47df9dcf132475d9d

My favourite Nigerian Air Force jet, it was also used for independence day flypasts. (I think it was last used by the RAF in Yugoslavia '99).
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: There are various theories about the decline of the Nigerian Air Force which began in the mid 1980s. Here are 3 of them.

1) The "Vatsa Coup": In 1986 some military officers planned to overthrow the government of Ibrahim Babangida. The plot was foiled. It was an amateurish plan that included the bombing of Dodan Barracks and Ikeja Cantonement by the air force.

After this plot, General Babangida decided to ground the air force. No new planes were bought and old planes were not repaired.

2) An air force officer stated that after one of the air force's display at a national event in 1987, General Babangida made enquiries about the strength and capabilities of the air force. He subsequently decided to ground the air force so that it would not be used against him.

3) The nations economy declined after 1982. It became worse after the implementation of the SAP policy began in 1986. The naira was also devalued. This meant that it became difficult to buy new planes and repair old ones. However, it must be stated that the armoured corp grew during this period.

Things got so bad in the mid and late '90s that the air force had to depend on the Alpha Jets as the only remaining combat worthy fighter/bombers.

President Obasanjo came to power in 1999 and decided too sell off the MiG 21s and some of the Jaguars. He also decided to buy Chengdu F7 fighters (basically a Chinese copy of the MiG 21) as a stop gap measure before buying better quality planes.

Unfortunately, we are still at that "stop-gap" point.

Chengdu F-7 Ni

Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: MI-35P Helicopter Gunship

Anybody remember Rambo?
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
naptu2: Hercules C130

The Charley 130 is the workhorse of the Nigerian Airforce (indeed a workhorse for Nigeria). In the old days, when super eagles players flew to matches on board the presidential jet, supporters club members often flew to match venues aboard a Nigerian Air Force Hercules C130.

Air force C130s have also been used to convey NTA News outside broadcast van to Liberia for the inauguration of Eileen Johnson Sirleaf, carry presidential limousines to states that the president is visiting and carry the corpses of prominent national figures to their hometowns for burial.

President Yar'Adua's corpse is being loaded aboard a C130
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by luluosas(m): 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
I hope Boko Haram terrorists are watching this.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
We've also got the Airbeetle which can be used for surveillance and training.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
I wish all planes, civilian or military, Nigeria sent to Mali are destroyed by benevolent forces. If Mali rebels wish to truncate the 1884 partition of Africa by European powers,especially in Mali, I strongly believed Nigeria has no business siding with France to say otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
luluosas: I hope Boko Haram terrorists are watching this.
Look, if Nigeria decides to wipe out boko haram, they can do it in less than 24hours. The main concern is collateral damage, which will be huge, hence the military's restraint.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
You can see more and read about Nigeria's thunder class frigates here https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/32
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1: I wish all planes, civilian or military, Nigeria sent to Mali are destroyed by benevolent forces. If Mali rebels wish to truncate the 1884 partition of Africa by European powers,especially in Mali, I strongly believed Nigeria has no business siding with France to say otherwise.
The problem is that it is not "Malian" rebels involved here, but foreign Arab insurgents who invaded northern Mali. They even destroyed ancient monuments in Timbuktu, something no African would ever do.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by naptu2: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
I'm 100% in support of the president's decision to send troops to Mali. We've got to take the war to the terrorists. It would be stupid to wait until they attack us first.

God bless and guide our troops.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Dede1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
ROSSIKE: The problem is that it is not "Malian" rebels involved here, but foreign Arab insurgents who invaded northern Mali. They even destroyed ancient monuments in Timbuktu, something no African would ever do.

Africans such as you are the bane of growth, socially or politically, in the continent. You can tell such crap to turncoat such as you not me. Malian rebels are mostly Malians who wanted a different socio-political direction from the ones pursued by Southern Malians. I do not care if the Northern Malian rebels are assisted by mercenaries sent by devil, the fact remains they want independent nation caved out of the run-down Mali.
Re: Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali by Arosa(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1: I wish all planes, civilian or military, Nigeria sent to Mali are destroyed by benevolent forces. If Mali rebels wish to truncate the 1884 partition of Africa by European powers,especially in Mali, I strongly believed Nigeria has no business siding with France to say otherwise.

You are a mad man and you know it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / Atiku Presents 118 Exhibits In Case Against Tinubu / Inside Atiku’s 2019 Game Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.