Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Funny Marriage Proposal - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funny Marriage Proposal (21683 Views)

Funny Marriage Advice From Married Men / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Pennywise(m): 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2008
You will understand if I called you hurricanewendy and tell you to calm down.

A lot of what you said above has been said so many times on this thread but maybe not in as much words or emotion (which borders this time on the volcanic apparently for maximal effect). I felt pained because all that wasted energy could have produced at least 2 beautiful stock analyses.

Speaking seriously now, I am constrained because I don't see how I can internalize this reply and respond to it without undermining the essence of my presence on Nairaland which is to enjoy myself maximally while I work.

I will respond to one statement only not minding the fact that it was personal, way over the line and uncalled for
If, as you seem to suggest, these things are indeed frivolous, is it then safe to assume that if your wife was an adulteress, a control-freak, and at the same time insensitive to your needs, you would still be FAITHFULLY (and note the emphasis on “faithfully” here) married to her?
. You can twist faithfully married up and down but the intent is clear looking at the issue you 'just have to address'. For the records I will not divorce my wife even in the most unlikely scenario she is unfaithful. And This is a certified dude talking to you.

Windywendy you fall my hand for this one well well o.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by windywendy(f): 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2008
Pennywise:

You will understand if I called you hurricanewendy and tell you to calm down.

A lot of what you said above has been said so many times on this thread but maybe not in as much words or emotion (which borders this time on the volcanic apparently for maximal effect). I felt pained because all that wasted energy could have produced at least 2 beautiful stock analyses.

Speaking seriously now, I am constrained because I don't see how I can internalize this reply and respond to it without undermining the essence of my presence on Nairaland which is to enjoy myself maximally while I work.

I will respond to one statement only not minding the fact that it was personal, way over the line and uncalled for . You can twist faithfully married up and down but the intent is clear looking at the issue you 'just have to address'. For the records I will not divorce my wife even in the most unlikely scenario she is unfaithful. And This is a certified dude talking to you.

Windywendy you fall my hand for this one well well o.

Hey, no need telling me to calm down. There was nothing emotional about my response, I was just candidly speaking my mind. When I joked, you said I needed to be serious. I got serious and you're telling me to calm down  grin wink No need to feel pained o, abeg. Haha! If you say I fall your hand for this one well, well, then I'll just have to say that we can't please everyone all the time now can we? That's not the objective na, so no problem at all.

The question about the issue of infidelity, control-freakiness, etc was not intended to be personal or insulting at all. So i'm sorry that it came across that way. Obviously my views on such issues are very different from yours, so I was just shocked and simply curious to know if your view would apply the other way around. Don't take the word "faithfully" very personally, i simply inserted it there knowing that it's possible for a person to remain legally married under such conditions of infidelity, etc but for the marriage to be over in substance. It wasn't meant to be a personal swipe at all.

I must say I'm quite impressed by your response to the infidelity/control freakiness/needs neglect question. Well, "no one formula fits all" is all I can say. I would certainly like to be like you when I grow up! As for now, my views on that remain as they are.

Again my apologies if my response rubbed you the wrong way. There was absolutely no harm intended there.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by blacklion(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2008
Madam Wendy,

Its been nearly a week since you vowed you were leaving the thread but you're still here firing away

stock tips too boring all of a sudden?

or you've FINALLY decided to join the rest of us lesser mortals who prefer tatafo and aproko to hot stock tips?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by windywendy(f): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2008
blacklion:

Madam Wendy,

Its been nearly a week since you vowed you were leaving the thread but you're still here firing away

stock tips too boring all of a sudden?

or you've FINALLY decided to join the rest of us lesser mortals who prefer tatafo and aproko to hot stock tips?

The blacklion himself! Anything wrong with hanging out with the so-called lesser mortals?  grin

besides, i see you didn't take up my offer to post on the other thread, why's that?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by blacklion(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2008
just reading and learning from the pros

have a whole lot of catching up to do so i'm silent for now

but i'd dearly love to know why share certificates are with held so long after POs/share purchases
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Pennywise(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
windywendy:

Again my apologies if my response rubbed you the wrong way.

Ah you rub me well well. My belle don sweet. Infact my own proposal is on the way for a limited mutually fulfilling cyber union with Seun officiating. Shouldnt be difficult since I know exactly what you want now.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by windywendy(f): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
blacklion:

just reading and learning from the pros

have a whole lot of catching up to do so i'm silent for now

but i'd dearly love to know why share certificates are with held so long after POs/share purchases

Hmmm, sorry but you'll have to take the question to the other thread. Infact, i think the answer must be lurking in some of the pages on that thread. Let's leave this thread strictly for tatafo and aproko (borrowing your words for now) smiley
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by windywendy(f): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2008
Pennywise:

Ah you rub me well well. My belle don sweet. Infact my own proposal is on the way for a limited mutually fulfilling cyber union with Seun officiating. Shouldnt be difficult since I know exactly what you want now.

LOL!! grin grin Sorry but you're 6 years too late, plus windywendy doesn't do cyber unions cheesy
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Pennywise(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2008
Now wey that smallie I dey follow talk. I beg come jooo.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Sisikill: 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
windywendy:

Sorry sir! I didn’t know we were supposed to lose our sense of humor over something as "SERIOUS" as this. The guy’s proposal was a joke, and so were many of the responses that I read. I wouldn’t miss a chance to get a good laugh or engage in light-hearted banter over such haplessness now would I  wink? Some of us do like to take life a little less seriously, and the last time I checked, it wasn’t a crime. smiley

Think of it this way: most people like to add spice (including salt) to food. Bland food never killed anyone, but we all know how a little spice in food could go a long way in exciting the taste buds. Of course one can keep a relationship bland if one wants to, but a little extra spice does go a long way in cementing a couple’s relationship. If he were proposing to another man, then a statement like “I’ve finally decided to marry you” might be received as exceptional. But to a woman it speaks volumes, none of which will elicit the type of response that the guy was hoping to get. No one is saying that the proposal needs to involve anything extra ordinary, it just needs to come out in a way that will be pleasurable to her senses. You just go back for a moment and check out the consistency in the responses of most of the female posters -- most think the proposal is terrible. Why the consistency, especially when it’s not like we all got together in a quick meeting to decide what to post in response to the topic?. The fact is that certain things do matter to a woman, and any man who wants to live blissfully in a relationship with his wife (or wife-to-be) will do well to understand what those things are and pay good attention to them.  Like I said in one of my earlier posts, one can’t continually dismiss as flimsy and irrelevant the things that are important to the other person in a relationship and expect that relationship to be blissful. Tactlessness can be very costly. Abi, after all the supposed agonizing, introspection, and jumping through countless hoops and loops to come to that decision, why spoil the final moments with such tactless delivery that only leaves a sour taste in the woman's mouth? That's not very smart now, is it?  wink

With regard to the issue of divorces, etc I’m not sure I understand what you’re advocating here. Marriage in my opinion should be a mutually rewarding experience. The covenant on which marriage is based contains vows made by both parties to love, cherish, honor etc etc each other until death do them part. So I’m not sure why you would class serious issues as infidelity, control-freakiness or insensitivity to the other person’s needs as frivolous. I’m shocked and seriously at a loss for words here. If, as you seem to suggest, these things are indeed frivolous, is it then safe to assume that if your wife was an adulteress, a control-freak, and at the same time insensitive to your needs, you would still be FAITHFULLY (and note the emphasis on “faithfully” here) married to her? I’m really curious to know what your answer to this question would be.

As for your references to the ages of women, etc etc., well what can I say? She's 35, she's 40, who cares? Like I implied in one of my earlier responses to Mr. Feminazi, we can't use other people's experiences as an excuse to accept the unacceptable in our own relationships. So she's thrice divorced at 35, does that mean the rest of us should lower our standards when it comes to choosing a marriage partner? There are people who live under the bridge everyday, does that mean the rest of us shouldn't live in aesthetically pleasing and tastefully furnished houses? Again, don't make sense.

When you say the guy has been understanding, pleasing and selfless enough to sustain a 4-year relationship, you make it sound like he was doing the lady a favor by doing what basically needs to be done to sustain a relationship. What options did he have? Of course he could have been irresponsible, uncommitted, impatient and selfish but chances are that the relationship would not have lasted more than a few days or weeks at best – at least not if the other party is someone with any amount of self-esteem. He got into the relationship voluntarily, so doing what needs to be done to make it work is the least he could have done.

If it was indeed true that the girl only spent time dreaming while the guy was working hard to sustain the relationship, then the guy must be really obtuse to not have terminated the relationship within the first few months, absolutely mugu-ish to have allowed it to go on for 4years and just plain completely senseless to have proposed marriage. What was he thinking Was he that desperate to get married?? Anyway, I don’t believe anyone is all of those things combined, so I suspect that your statement is just an exaggeration. (although I do detect a bit of frustration as well . . .)

I don’t know the couple, so I’m not in a position to tell exactly what was happening during their 4year relationship. But I can safely say that the fact that the guy proposed marriage shows that he believed he had found the ideal marriage partner. You say he should have deferred another 4years? Of course you’re making the BIG assumption that the lady would be waiting around for another 4years right? Perhaps you’re from a generation where things were done very differently, but the truth is that if you’re dating a woman who knows what she wants out of a marriage relationship, she won’t enter into a marriage relationship with you based solely on your own terms, especially not if those terms are unfavorable to her. It has to be a win-win situation for both parties under such circumstances, therefore all that arrogance can be very costly. Did you notice where the original poster said that the lady in question had been through thick and thin with the guy for 4years? Do you think women like that are common, especially when it’s not like she’s desperate to get married or that the guy has loads of money that she’s after? No sensible guy will be quick to lose a woman like that, especially not over something as simple as the way she responded to one of his goof-ball moments. Of course, I wasn’t surprised to read that the guy later went back to set the record straight.

You say the lesson is to keep it natural and simple, and I agree. However simplicity to me means keeping the relationship as stress-free as possible. Part of what that translates to is being tactful – learning how to communicate with the other person in a way that he/she can relate to and appreciate. Tactlessness can be very costly indeed.

Thank You!

How is this so difficult to get? I guess it's true what they say,

Men are from mars, Wome are from venus or in this case, it's Men are from mars, Women are from Venus, Naija men are from (is there such thing as a planet furthest from reality?) ah, what the heck, let's just say from a yet to be discovered planet.
Lifts wine glass Here is to hoping it's done in our lifetime.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by danity: 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2008
That's a hilarious proposal! Any guy that proposes to me that way and he's out the door. Na me beg am marry me?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by triaophant: 2:22am On Mar 10, 2008
To me. it does not all that matter how or where the marriage proposal was made as long as the message was conveyed and that is, that the young man has finally convinced himself that he can spend his life with the lady in question. Like someone rightly said, it takes a lot of effort nowadays for even a young man to think of marriage not to talk of proposing. Especially now that there are no jobs and money is very scarce to come by. the lady did not think properly before taking such a rash decision. She has been with the Guy for 4years and been with him through thick and thin, he never mentioned marriage, they were just tasting, and now that he wanted her for ever, she de make inyanga, na waaaooooooooooooooo. She should wait and get a Shakespearean prose of love wantiti before she will accept to marry. By the way how old is she to reject? The truth is that people have different ways of life. Maybe he needed to be convinced before taking the decision. It happened to me and when the lady realised herself and came back, I have withdrawn the proposal. Moreover by then I was already a lawyer, working in an oil company and ladies were all over me. maybe the guy is not her husband chikena
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by blacklion(m): 5:57am On Mar 10, 2008
triaophant:

By the way how old is she to reject?

Indeed!!!

Ah don talk before and all the ladies on this thread have been fronting and pretending.

That girl would NEVER have done what she did if she was 35 years old.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tkb417(m): 6:36am On Mar 10, 2008
@Blacklion
so u are also a silent reader on that thread? my brother, so much to learn from those people. . .CICO is now the buzzword in my house grin grin
even my mama is about learning to do CICO

shes coming on NL liveeee grin grin grin grin
thanks to Wendy and Co.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by realdemi(f): 10:37am On Mar 10, 2008
blacklion:

Indeed!!!

Ah don talk before and all the ladies on this thread have been fronting and pretending.

That girl would NEVER have done what she did if she was 35 years old.

And she would live the remaining 35-40 years in misery. having finally decided to live with her.

Age is just a number, honey. I WOULD NEVER take that at 35 or 40.

@Aisha2 and windy wendy.
You guys are right on TARGET. Can't say more, can I?

[quote

author=danity link=topic=117328.msg2039388#msg2039388 date=1205096713][/color][color=Black]
That's a hilarious proposal! Any guy that proposes to me that way and he's out the door. Na me beg am marry me?
[quote][/quote] shocked

Thanks, dear.U can say that again.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tome1: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2008
May be the guy thinks he is doing the babe a favour by marying her.
That was so insensitive of him.he needs to be tutored.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by BTT(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2008
But the issue really is:

Did the guy propose?

Yes

Did the girl accept the proposal?

No

Is there any other problem?

Can't think of one

Why are we then dying on Nairaland when someone has decided not to marry the guy she's being dating for 4 years because he is now a new character to her?

LMAO lipsrsealed
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by cooldude62(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
that proposal was unique!!!
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by oYaTo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2008
cheexy (f)
Nigeria

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal
« #350 on: March 07, 2008, 12:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This proposal kind of reminds me of one i witnessed at silverbird cinemas. We were watching spiderman2 and all of a suddeen we saw a marriage proposal on the screen, before we knew what was happening, the guy in question stood up, waved the ring for all to see and put it on the girl's finger. Can u imagine that crap People laughed the hell out of him and started screaming at the part where peter parker was to propose to mary jane, for him to wave the ring for all to see like the way the mumu guy did. I was so embarrased for the girl.

@ cheexy Meen that was some funny sh*t! Got me ROTFLMAO!

Windy

Re-read my posts on the subject again -- the aspects where I was serious as opposed to just yabbing

@ windywendy You seem much too full of yourself
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Scopium: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2008
[size=13pt]Which is better a carefully planned and dramatized proposal which ends in a broken marriage or an unorthodox proposal which ends with And they all lived happily ever after Just because gifts or desires are not packaged they way you want it don't make them worthless. Somebody you've been with for fours years, you should know or at least anticipate what he's capable of doing[/size]
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by iz2much: 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
I think The guy want to sound Straight and Blunt
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tlops(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
her reply should have been ' wait, let me think about it' atleast she too should take her time to decide weather or not to marry him,
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by StanP(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2008
wonder shall never end, is it the way and manner of proposing that matters or that your friend has finally found someone who will give her a new surname, she had better run back to demand anoda consideration from the guy if not she go enter duemorage,
perhaps the guy for climb mount kilimanjaro then ask her to close her big eyes and then slot the kini into her, angry
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by pretty22(f): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2008
@ poster,
your friend has learnt her lesson,
knwing d guy for four years no be 4 months she shld hv knwn him better by nw
Anyway my dearly nairalanders has said it all
Tk d advice to her, let her make-up wt the guy cheesy(beg d guy to [b]Rewind,[/b]may at ds time on top of okada never mind) grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by BTreasures: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2008
This reminds me of a friend who once dated a guy from Saudi, and he told her "Ur teeth is as beautiful like that of a GOAT" with full smiles, and all sincerity, u could tell that was to him the best way to communcate his love for her set of very white dentition my friend has. So I no blame my guy if na the way him wan say "I love you and would want to finally settle down with you alone" the motive and how he said it should be put to consideration o.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by vislabraye(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2008
The guy was probably being funny or trying to be funny. You could have equally replied him in a funny or sarcastic way without being offensive or annoyed. Just show some humor even in ur sarcasm
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by godana(f): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Almondjoy.

AJ my sis, God bless u too much. 4 once let the ladies face reality. U see all this Romeo and Juliet stuff no dey work for the oyibo's again how much more with African man.
As long as the bobo is a Nigerian 4get the way and manner of his proposal. The final be say the guy say im go marry. chikena!!!!!

I know of people who got the most romantic proposals and the next day the guy took off.
As far as i am concerned proposal na proposal, the overall matter is , just show up on the wedding day.
Poster! tell your friend to quickly go and get her man. At least he was honest enough to say how he feels, who knows if the guy had to choose her out of seven other girls. Yoruba people always says! 'OMO MA Shako Jiya.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by godana(f): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Which is better a carefully planned and dramatized proposal which ends in a broken marriage or an unorthodox proposal which ends with And they all lived happily ever after Just because gifts or desires are not packaged they way you want it don't make them worthless. Somebody you've been with for fours years, you should know or at least anticipate what he's capable of doing[/size]

Thank u Scopium, I think people spend so much time planning a wedding ceremony than the marriage itself.
Marriage is more than flowers and all these romantic shenanigans we worry about.
So far u have spoken well and I think everyone should learn from your post.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by moneybags: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2008
Scopium:

Who says a carefully planned proposal and "they lived happily ever after" have to be mutually exclusive? Why can't the lady have both?

Anyway, I agree with you that just because gifts or desires are not packaged the way one wants don't make them worthless. The right packaging is desirable, no doubt, but there are times when we do have some diamonds in the rough. So ladies do take note, it's the motive that counts.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by cheexy: 1:07am On Mar 13, 2008
windywendy:

besides, i see you didn't take up my offer to post on the other thread, why's that?

Hmmm u don start again o. Please dont invite more people to come and cause katakata for our side o. Let them stay here. The last episode was enough o. undecided
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by d1tha1: 2:40am On Mar 13, 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen,

undecided I think this topic is finally tired from over-analysis (thanks to d epistle-length posts of d likes of windywendy & co. lipsrsealed)

Abeg, e don do.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Pennywise(m): 11:48am On Mar 13, 2008
cheexy:

Hmmm u don start again o. Please don't invite more people to come and cause katakata for our side o. Let them stay here. The last episode was enough o. undecided

In as much as I hate to, but I have to say that your comments are not only cheap but cheapening. You have in one shameless swoop typical of one with poor parental upbringing and background maligned everyone who has contributed on this thread. You will withdraw this statement and tender an unreserved apology to every single person on this thread at once.

How does your going to the stock market with a few peanuts and approaching stock market tips on how to double it make you better than anyone else? The thread in question lost its appeal to some a long time ago when you have to sift through 70 pages to find one single thing that remotely make sense. Yet everyone comes away with a false laughable sense of self worth because they posted something on stock market tips.

If you look at it with a bit of common sense you will find that your statement is not only derisive of contributors here but very presumptous of yourself. You are a lady I believe perhaps a little more modesty in your communication will do for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / 7 Reasons Many Men Remain Single For Long - Bamisepeter's Blog / MR NAIRALAND INTERVIEW: Ratings , Complain , Decision And Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.