Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Funny Marriage Proposal - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funny Marriage Proposal (21682 Views)

Funny Marriage Advice From Married Men / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by d1tha1: 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2008
Pennywise:

In as much as I hate to, but I have to say that your comments are not only cheap but cheapening. You have in one shameless swoop typical of one with poor parental upbringing and background maligned everyone who has contributed on this thread. You will withdraw this statement and tender an unreserved apology to every single person on this thread at once.

How does your going to the stock market with a few peanuts and approaching stock market tips on how to double it make you better than anyone else? The thread in question lost its appeal to some a long time ago when you have to sift through 70 pages to find one single thing that remotely make sense. Yet everyone comes away with a false laughable sense of self worth because they posted something on stock market tips.

If you look at it with a bit of common sense you will find that your statement is not only derisive of contributors here but very presumptous of yourself. You are a lady I believe perhaps a little more modesty in your communication will do for you.

Ouch!
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by adeboo(f): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2008
I would have said - 'I finally decided to accept ur backside into ma life too'. grin end of.
After being with him four years, what more do u want?

At least he asked - some men just assume that u are married. lol
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by slazzy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2008
i think d guy's statement didn't sound right but we must all realise dat dis guy is a non-native speaker of English language, he could have meant it in a good way. Maybe if to say im talk am for pidgin or local language d statement for no be d same. Make una no kill am oooh.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by poeticsoul: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2008
"i have finally decided to marry you", sounds like the bobo had been contemplating it seriously, its tactless and heartless. i guy that can't plan such a precious moment will never show finesse elsewhere. you did the right thing girl, u are beautiful and priceless and its his loss. dnt waste the pretty. there's a wonderful man out there waiting to sweep you off your feet. now go out there and find him.cheers!!!!!!!!
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by starlizzy(f): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
hmhmh, asiha,i felt ur friend would have corrected him instead adding more fire to the burning bush.
So she just want to throw away 4 years of thick and thin, as she said, that's not good enough, or maybe she
has another lover, abi , wetin make i talk.
She would have corrected the guy, u know two wrong can make a right.
E bi like say she till wan chop life, she never ready to settle down.
almondjoy, i agree with u dis time.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Scopium: 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2008
[size=13pt]All the girls and guys looking for a sci-fi marriage proposal should check the link below.[/size]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080314/od_nm/engagement_dc
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Scopium: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2008
poeticsoul:

"i have finally decided to marry you", sounds like the bobo had been contemplating it seriously, its tactless and heartless. i guy that can't plan such a precious moment will never show finesse elsewhere. you did the right thing girl, u are beautiful and priceless and its his loss. dnt waste the pretty. there's a wonderful man out there waiting to sweep you off your feet. now go out there and find him.cheers!!!!!!!!

[size=13pt]LMFAO! Is the guy ugly and worthless? undecided How do you know it's his loss? LOL It could prolly be the girl's loss, ever thought about that possibility?[/size]
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by oluomok(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2008
"GREAT ADVICE"

Don't date because you are desperate.
Don't marry because you are miserable.
Don't have kids because you think your genes are superior.
Don't philander because you think you are irresistible.

Don't associate with people you can't trust.
Don't cheat.
Don't lie.
Don't pretend.
Don't dictate because you are smarter.
Don't demand because you are stronger.

Don't sleep around because you think you are old enough and know
better.
Don't hurt your kids because loving them is harder.
Don't sell yourself, your family, or your ideals.
Don't stagnate.

Don't regress.
Don't live in the past.
Time can't bring anything or anyone back.
Don't put your life on hold for possibly Mr/Mrs Right.
Don't throw your life away on absolutely Mr Wrong because your
biological
clock is ticking.

Learn a new skill.
Find a new friend.
Start a new career.
Sometimes, there is no race to be won.
Only a price to be paid for some of life's more hasty decisions.

To terminate your loneliness, reach out to the homeless.
To feed your nurturing instincts, care for the needy.
To fulfill your parenting fantasies, get a puppy.
Don't bring another life into this world for all the wrong reasons.

To make yourself happy, pursue your passions and be the best of what
you can
be.
Simplify your life.
Take away the clutter.
Get rid of destructive elements: abusive friends, nasty habits, and
dangerous liaisons.
Don't abandon your responsibilities but don't overdose on duty.

Don't live life recklessly without thought and feeling for your
family.
Be true to yourself.
Don't commit when you are not ready.
Don't keep others waiting needlessly.

Go on that trip.
Don't postpone it.

Say those words.
Don't let the moment pass.
Do what you have to, even at society's scorn.

Write poetry.
Love Deeply.
Walk barefoot.
Dance with wild abandon.
Cry at the movies.

Take care of yourself.
Don't wait for someone to take care of you.
You light up your life.
You drive yourself to your destination.
No one completes you - except YOU.

It is true that life does not get easier with age.
It only gets more challenging.
Don't be afraid.
Don't lose your capacity to love.
Pursue your passions.

Live your dreams.
Don't lose faith in your God.
Don't grow old.
Just grow YOU!

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dexlomo: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hi all,

This topic really seems interesting to me. However, in actual sincerity, I do not see reasons why the lady should act in that manner. Though the guy may not be romantic but I expected the lady in question to have been a little patient. Someone she dated for 4 years must have been someone he is used to. He could just have been the shy type and as such might have thought of how to put it and getting it straight. All the same, she has done her worst. The guy will surely get someone who understands him better.

Ade
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by CrazyMan(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2008
I would say that she was harsh on him; what else does she expect? Did she expect him to kneel down and beg her to marry him?

Even if she was surprised by the way he proposed, she shouldn’t have reacted that way because that reaction has made things gone worse; that guy may never propose to her again. At least she should have told him oh darling get serious please; that would have been more polite.

Relationships is all about tolerance; you can’t expect someone to behave or act the way you want; people are different; so when you come across such people, all you have to do is to use your wisdom to encourage and tolerate that person; that’s how relationship works.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by oge4real(f): 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2008
well it may be too early to make conclusions on this case 'till we know where the guy the guy is coming from.If he is an 'Umunna', then that was definitely his best.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by OJAY4: 2:27am On Mar 16, 2008
he really messed up after spending 4 yrs wit shouldn't he know how to talk to her much less propose to her
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Scopium: 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2008
O.JAY:

he really messed up after spending 4 years wit shouldn't he know how to talk to her much less propose to her

[size=13pt]I think it's the other way round. She really messed up after staying 4 years with him shouldn't she know how he talks to her much less react to his proposal?[/size]
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by CrazyMan(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2008
I think it's the other way round. She really messed up after staying 4 years with him shouldn't she know how he talks to her much less react to his proposal?
I agree with you; 4 years isn't something to joke with; but looking at our society today, most girls lack composure and manners in their speech; and that has led to lots and lots of breakups in relationships.

The tongue is the most dangerous weapon of the body; it’s something you use with wisdom because whatever comes out from it can wreck or mend your destiny.

Even if she didn’t expect him to propose that way, she went too far by her reaction.

Or maybe she doesn’t want to get married to that guy.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Remii(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2008
I think you guys are believing too much in these home video type of proposal, the guy did not mean any harm. Some discussion must have led to that statement. So tell your friend if she wants a happy home shoul stop reading meaning every stament. I love you no be for mouth alone so people particularly Africans so more love than they have the gut so say it All the best to your friend.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Remii(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2008
I think you guys are believing too much in these home video type of proposal, the guy did not mean any harm. Some discussion must have led to that statement. So tell your friend if she wants a happy home shoul stop reading meaning every stament. I love you no be for mouth alone so people particularly Africans so more love than they have the gut so say it. All the best to your friend.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by lawyer(m): 2:02am On Mar 18, 2008
Some people are just natural born clowns. Just because a guy said "I have finally decided to marry you", the poster took offence to that and told him to shove his proposal up his ass! How ludicrious can some people be. Anyway, i dont blame her. Too much romantic movies have probably influenced her way of life and thinking. Most women just think that a man should just marry them because they have dated for donkey years.

She doesnt even want to know what went through his mind at that moment for him to come to that kind of decision after a long while. Marriage no be beans and he must have heldher in a very high esteem to plan his future with her and get things done properly.

For one she didnt even consider the following before she told him to shove it:

1. His countless female admirers and boyfriend snatchers that he had decided to let go of in favour of the poster

2. Solving the parental problems associated with marriage and culture in favour of the poster

3. Ignoring the advice that some of his randy friends would have given him so as to pursue more girls in favour of poster

4. Deciding to be finally responsible and plan to have children with her and letting go of his wayward ways

5. Planning his financial future that would adequately cater for her

6. Planning towards the wedding which might turn out to be a big hole in his pocket but he is willing to do it for her because he loves her.

And because he proposed in a casual manner, she decided to tell him to shove it because he didnt say it the way "Ramsey Noah would say it to Stephanie Okereke" in one of those nollywood home videos.

Rubbish! If i was the guy, i would take her advice very seriously and move on and probably look for another girl because, from that little statement she made, the marriage would definately head for the rocks because it is so obvious she is a narcassistic, obsessive, demanding and compulsively hormone raged perfectionist. Its either her way or the Highway and he is better off with someone less endowned with such traits.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tkb417(m): 7:08am On Mar 18, 2008
Lawyer don come again grin grin
Lawyer, im with you on this one
right on target
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tkb417(m): 7:31am On Mar 18, 2008
In as much as I hate to, but I have to say that your comments are not only cheap but cheapening. You have in one shameless swoop typical of one with poor parental upbringing and background maligned everyone who has contributed on this thread. You will withdraw this statement and tender an unreserved apology to every single person on this thread at once.

How does your going to the stock market with a few peanuts and approaching stock market tips on how to double it make you better than anyone else? The thread in question lost its appeal to some a long time ago when you have to sift through 70 pages to find one single thing that remotely make sense. Yet everyone comes away with a false laughable sense of self worth because they posted something on stock market tips.

If you look at it with a bit of common sense you will find that your statement is not only derisive of contributors here but very presumptous of yourself. You are a lady I believe perhaps a little more modesty in your communication will do for you.

Penniwise e don do.
Chill out. .although stuffs like what the poster said is uncalled for but i guess she was just trying to add a bit of wits to her posts.

Dont get too personal with peeps. .

by the way, how come u have been missing on the stockthread? abeg come over and add your cents to what we have.
U guys are doing good.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Scopium: 8:52am On Mar 18, 2008
[size=13pt]@ Lawyer
You too much for lawyer[b]ing[/b]. True word[/size]
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by enang(f): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2008
his response was asthough he was Gods gift 2 women.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by alex406(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2008
Nawa for these girls of nowadays,the want everything in a plate of Gold, You can imagine such a proposal without any appreciation, Too Bad.Aisha, tell your friend she is missing a lot until she has no guy to propose to her that is when will realize her mistake.You can imagine a 4 years relationship: So for me is not funny and i think the man is really serious if he can say it there.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by starlizzy(f): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2008
abeg tell am,
she never know her bear root,
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by omoovie(f): 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2008
Are you frigging kidding me? Omo, she try! I no dey often harsh but da one is cause for razness oh! Waka! I will, infact jo, let me not get started. It's funny happening to somebody else and my friend was like, "Olodo! What was she doing with him for 4 whole years? Man don finish 4 naija? After all that wahala to come and receive that nonsensical proposal! Olorun mi!" Sha, I feel 4 the babe. Tell her I said, "doh".
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
wat d girl did was not fair,she shouldnt have walked out ,i think she should have spat at him or poured a drink at him,yeye boy
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by xttobliss: 3:35am On Mar 19, 2008
The girl was actual expecting a ceremonial propasal OR She & the Guy had some thick & thin time on marrige talk on how there wedding will look like.

Or should I say the guy doesn't see her as a stranger(She is old fashioned) since they av bn together & had known each other for more than 4 years.

Guyz if na marriage they dey since then, 2 issue (kids) for don dey play around them. So I no blame my guy.

They dont have secrets again Or neither are they new to each other,
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by xttobliss: 3:36am On Mar 19, 2008
The girl was actual expecting a ceremonial propasal OR She & the Guy had some thick & thin time on marrige talk on how their wedding will look like.

Or should I say the guy doesn't see her as a stranger(She is old fashioned) since they av bn together & had known each other for more than 4 years.

Guyz if na marriage they dey since then, 2 issue (kids) for don dey play around them. So I no blame my guy.

They dont have secrets again  Or neither are they new to each other,
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by BillGatesFan(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2008
Thats funny,it goes to say that women are around men just for marriage,they will fast and pray,going to many white garment churches so that their men can propose and marry them,if the guy has decided to marry the bitch,how best do you guy want him to say it?

Everyone has his way of doing things and thats him not any of you.

This proposing style has made my day, I love it
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2008
Hey some ladies don't even get any verbal proposals before moving in with their guys. This difficult time in this side of the world, corruption, i ma mmadu and other silly retarding economic practices are killing men one by one. Many women may not get a chance of the harsh-delivered prosposal your pal got. And if they wanna stay attached, which the damn society expects, by the crook or the hook without frills, they jump in there before they see themselves on the shelf. No one celebrates this trend but since we can't dislodge those looting us dry, we die only slowly.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by ifuale(f): 4:39am On Mar 23, 2008
both of them were wrong,probably d guy doesnt knw how to be romantic.
the girl should have simply told him she would think about it before giving him answers than for her to xplode.
i beg make no body put mouth for four years relationship cool
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by ly1: 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2008
Re:funny marriage proposal well if the guy said i have finally decided to marry you,that does not mean he has asked the question please will you marry me, cos from my own point of view i think he just meant a favour by saying he has finally decided to marry her and not really a marriage proposal.i want to believe she knows him better than any one of us, so she has the right to ask him why he said that if she never liked the manner of approach instead of saying what she said cos it could cause a final breakup that could make her regret.please advice her to take it easy or she misses.least i forget you did not tell us what his reaction was afterwards.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by slimes(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
That was a cruel approach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mother Of Two Spends $15000 To Enhance Her Butt (Pics): Vogue Or Vanity? / Ladies: Don't Make Yourself A Target - Bamisepeters' Blog / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61