Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage (19809 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Dibiachukwu: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
hillsate: GEJ fell short of calling Amanpour and indeed dept of state, USA liars on his interview with Amanpour.
You do not insinuate these guys as liars without they shoving the truth to your face.
GEJ bought wahala by even calling the dept of state as an interest group.
They will so humiliate GEJ for trying to mar the image of USA. Next time he hears Amanpour, he'll think twice before granting interview if he has no truth to say.
Are they not an Interest group? Naivety of my county men is astounding.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by JimmyBoy1: 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
Well power no improve anything from my side ooo, maybe seun should put up a poll.
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rossikk(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
mikewills: For those that complain that only 3 people were interviewed in Lagos by CNN, the fact is this.
1. Interview 3 people in London about power, the answer will be positive
2. Interview 3 people in Kuala Lumpur about power, the answer will be positive
3. Interview 3 people in Houston about power, the answer will be positive
4. Interview 3 people in Accra about power, the answer will be positive
5. Interview 3 people in Cape Town about power, the answer will be positive
These are cities I've lived in and power is awesome.

Interviewing 3 people for a 1 minute interview on prime time TV is "a lot" of people. Moreover, they can only interview in cities whose name rings a bell with the audience.
Forget that Ikpoba Hill/Benin nonsense. That place no dey map of mentionable cities.

That being said, the main culprit(s) for our lack of power is not GEJ but Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam and 2nd Version Obasanjo who failed to invest in the power sector even with the massive sums of money allocated to the sector.

GEJ's crime is his lack of public speaking skills to properly frame the issues in a context that would have been advantageous to him.

Load of rubbish. There are no power issues in London and Houston. In Nigeria there are. The question is has there been noticeable improvement in output, since it will not be transformed overnight like magic. The 3 dumb 'NIGERIANS' INTERVIEWED WERE PROBABLY TOO THICK TO REALISE THE IMPORTANCE OF HONESTY and so did what CNN wanted them to do, ie smear Nigeria by LYING that there has been no improvement in power supply.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rossikk(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jimmy Boy: Well power no improve anything from my side ooo, maybe seun should put up a poll.

We've had about THREE polls on this issue in the last year and the vast majority testified that power supply had IMPROVED in their area. This is not a surprise since power output has DOUBLED since Jonathan came to power, from 2,400 mw to 4,500 mw at last count.

CNN can always find riff raff on the streets of Lagos to pour scorn on the truth. That's what CNN does for a living. They even made the whole world believe a Iraq was drowning in weapons of mass destruction just ready to go off at any minute. And it was all a LIE.

So lying, or getting their pansies to lie about power supply in Lagos is child's play to them.

As for that little paid Nigerian wannabe American whor.e who claimed she hadn't had any light for three weeks, does anyone here really believe her??

3 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by jaso1(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
@ Those idiots whom claimed power has improved in their area,
My question- is it your area that will speak for over 30 states in this country?
This is more reason Nigeria can’t move forward because we have few individuals, that are out there making foolish and selfishness estimation of poor performance of GEJ govt. Okupe, Abati and others who have their immediate and beneficiary from this human made dilapidated situation of the country in Naira land will never say the truth because is in our gene to refute the truth, especially when you these bunch of fools are benefiting from it.
Amapour is not senseless like many of you, and if you’re having conclusion that as dormant your brain is so as others you’re a mad animal which must be segregated and dump in the forest where your myopic view will be value among your class.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
So this woman still took this ''war'' to GEJ backyard!
She should wait until jonna and his lieutenants push millions of dollars to CNN for government commercials she must surely sing a new tone.
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by deletrue: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
taharqa: Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip.

She gathered just 3 persons in Lagos and asked them to say something about their power supply, and all of them said that power had not increased and that they had not had light for 3 weeks!!! Those are the views of an average Nigerian, right? *smh*.

I stay in Benin and Power has improved on my end for many many months now except for some few times when there are National issues, like last Friday till Wednesday this week when we had a terrible supply probably cos of the new Benin-Onitsha Transmission Line repairs. THIS IS FACT.

Amanpour just behaved as badly as that other CNN presenter (the Kenya Guy- I have forgotten his name) who presented an extremely wrong programme on the Niger Delta crisis some years ago, and just like this programme also gathered FAKE persons to conduct his interviews. Nigeria protested, He was SACKED and that ended his International career. She ought to know better.
bros., don't worry about nigeria issues. The level we are now is good for every nigerian. People are talking of an interview in lagos, where you can find majority of the haters and some people think any interview or whatever that is done in lagos will ever favour jonah! Never. It is no difference asking Bakare, obasanjo or any lagosian questions about this administration. it is like asking Atuku community about jona! Let us see how jona will be voted out because of these lies. As at the time of writing this comment, (03:30) three days and two nights running without power failure where i visited in delta. We will continue to damage this country by this tribal politics if that is what we want.

3 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ballabriggs: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jona is a known fraud. A man who lied stupidly on the $67 billion reserves, what do you expect again.

Back then in Lagos early 2000s, I used to get close to 18 hrs power supply daily and so I find it strange that the same level of supply is called "improvement" by Jona and his gang.

There is no improvement if it does not go round. Nigeria's population is increasing and it still seems at the same level per capita as it was in the 1980s. Improvement?

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
taharqa: You are terribly, terribly terribly WRONG; just cud not overlook dis... I SUPPORT GEJ cos I bliv in his programmes, and frankly also cos of d UNREASONABLE virulent criticism (really, Hostility) of a few of his critics basd entirely on hatred and/or political/ethnic sentiments. I realise though that MOST of d peeps who criticize the govt and GEJ do so cos they really want d best for themselves and Nigeria esp afta bn lied to for a very long time and cos sm of dem rili bliv for good reasons that if they begin to praise GEJ's govt now, he may not perform again- I honestly undastad that and in fact support it. I love d way MOST of us, esp d Youths, are now more ENGAGE- which is what I personali always wantd. However, there are dis tiny set of people whose aim for virulent, completely unhelpful criticism is fuelld primarily by d quest to acquire POWER and a strong sense of HATE towards d PERSON of d President and they wud stop at nothing to get at him including employing PROPAGANDA; if you followd me here on NL, those are d persons I 'detest' and tackle wit little patience and I mk no Apologies about that. I criticize d govt at times, though not as much as I wud like to Or as I hv always done to previous govt, cos of these twigs; I howeva completely support constructive criticisms and d esp new ENGAGEMENT by very many youths these days asking questns, as long as they are done FAIRLY and the ONLY PURPOSE IS THE FURTHER PROGRESS OF THE NATION and not sm narrow selfish interest..

He is Reno Omockery,AKA Beaf,insincere9gerian,the last pope and many other I'd's(You'll easily identify them cos they say the same lame things daily)
He is a morally bankrupt man,a liar and a demented twig of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rossikk(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
jas_o: @ rossikki or whatever you call yourself,
Your father and all member of your family are the major problem of this country because the genetics of inhuman smell in your statement here. This is inherited and to be blamed on those who brought you into our midst instead of bush.
I live in Nigeria, I’m conversant with resources deploy or allocated into NEPA! In your dormant brain, does enormous money pump into this sector justify the epilepsy power supply that you have today? If you still doubt your ignorance perhaps you go to Niger and ask the cost of constant electricity supply they are enjoying there today. Omo ale!

Illiterate. Has there been improvement in power supply or not? The three polls on NL showed that there has been. You are a born liar and deceiver to try to cover and deny all that by telling us story of allocation and money pumped into blah blah blah. Tell the truth and stop being a deceiver and liar and tool for CNN.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by occam(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Rossikk:

We've had about THREE polls on this issue in the last year and the vast majority testified that power supply had IMPROVED in their area. This is not a surprise since power output has DOUBLED since Jonathan came to power, from 2,400 mw to 4,500 mw at last count.

CNN can always find riff raff on the streets of Lagos to pour scorn on the truth. That's what CNN does for a living. They even made the whole world believe a Iraq was drowning in weapons of mass destruction just ready to go off at any minute. And it was all a LIE.

So lying, or getting their pansies to lie about power supply in Lagos is child's play to them.

As for that little paid Nigerian wannabe American whor.e who claimed she hadn't had any light for three weeks, does anyone here really believe her??

Touting megawatt increase is not how we measure improvement. When people see it, they'll talk about it. For instance, if govt can prove that 60% of neighborhoods or towns now have 18 - 24 hours regular supply vs. 40% in 2003, that's IMPROVEMENT.
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
occam:

Touting megawatt increase is not how we measure improvement. When people see it, they'll talk about it. For instance, if govt can prove that 60% of neighborhoods or towns now have 18 - 24 hours regular supply vs. 40% in 2003, that's IMPROVEMENT.

I dont know about others but this exactly is how Demdem measures improvement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking News-nassarawa Inpeachment:3 People Killed In Violent Protest In Lafia / Lai Muhammed Commissioned Irrigation And Water Projects Not A Borehole / Buhari, Tinubu And Succession Confussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.