Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (14983 Views)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC / Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Fashola Earmarks N100b For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
honeric01:

Mind telling us how you came up with all these?

Now you cared to know? All of you should continue protecting silly Govt that does not contribute danm to the growth of citizens but will do everything possible to send them to square one.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by jummy05: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
omo Igbo,ur lies are just too much.u claim to make so much,u cant spare little to make your environment hygienic and conducive.shame on u.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
I attimes i shift my Blame,i dont know why Yoroubas are jealous,its in thier blood......Do you know how many yoroubas are in Anambra doing mecine and bricklayer job,hw many have we chased or treatened to chase home...Ladipo know it very well that Fashola needs money,he tasked 150million from the traders,,,,,,BUT I TELL YOU IF JONATHAN IS WISE ENOUGH TO FINISH THAT RIVER NIGER PORT TERMINAL ,ALL THIS INSULT WILL END,LAGOSIANS ARE LAZY AND HAVE THIS THUG MENTALITY.....MY COSTUMERS ARE MAINLY FROM PORTHARCOUT,WHAT KEEP MANY HERE IS BECAUSE OF LAGOS SHIP TERMINAL.......THEY WANT IGBOS TO DEVELOP BADAGRY FOR THEM..SHAMEFUL PEOPLE.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Akpaife(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
It is only in nig dat u will see where govt close mrkt 4 almost a month
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
Akpa ife: It is only in nig dat u will see where govt close mrkt 4 almost a month

To make matter worst the silly Govt does not have idea how the people manage to start up life.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by jummy05: 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
omo Igbo,your daily sales of N100 billion is too outrageous

babapupa:

$240 billion annually? And the entire Lagos state GDP is $43 billion? The local capacity and buying power is not even there to support that bogus number. You can not take them seriously, they are liars and they lie about everything.

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by coogar: 1:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Guy I totally understand and agree 100% that the market should be closed down and sanitized, but that's where it should end.

cool!

No need to start saying they were black, white, asian, igbo, yoruba, housa, fulani or whatever.
Let the Law take care of malefactors as it is doing with the closing of the market.
I am just against talk like "go back to your village", that is entirely unwarranted.

unfortunately, that's the only language nigerians understand. until landlords threaten to give their tenants quit notice, they won't act accordingly. if a market makes 100 billion per day then common sense dictates they do things accordingly. there should be sanity in the market.

If you claim they can't obey the Law, then, again, let the law take care of the situation. The law will ensure that they shape up, and it would either be punishment by the law or it will reach a point that they may leave by themselves if they see that they are getting into too much trouble with the law and can't keep up.

these touts are the law!
who is going to arrest them in that market when they claim to be acting as task force ensuring security? the effective way is by shutting the whole place down. there's really no way of enforcing law with that market in operation.

Please just close your eyes and imagine a U.S governor saying that other statesmen should leave his state, that would make for really bad tv, and bad politics.
Let the Law prevail.

it wouldn't happen because statesmen in america obey the laws of the other states. a texan will not go to newyork and defecate in a plastic bag. when you are in rome, act like romans. defecating in plastic bags is a village behaviour - thus the saying "go back to your villages". if they cannot shelf the village habits, why should they be in the city?

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Now you cared to know? All of you should continue protecting silly Govt that does not contribute danm to the growth of citizens but will do everything possible to send them to square one.

oga, answer my question how you came about your claims and stop tagging people together.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by jummy05: 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
y u no carry your loads and go to portharcourt to sell.what we are telling u is to keep your environment clean.u are proving strong head.if u no melow,i should ask Fashola to deport u.lol

EMMAUGOH: I attimes i shift my Blame,i dont know why Yoroubas are jealous,its in thier blood......Do you know how many yoroubas are in Anambra doing mecine and bricklayer job,hw many have we chased or treatened to chase home...Ladipo know it very well that Fashola needs money,he tasked 150million from the traders,,,,,,BUT I TELL YOU IF JONATHAN IS WISE ENOUGH TO FINISH THAT RIVER NIGER PORT TERMINAL ,ALL THIS INSULT WILL END,LAGOSIANS ARE LAZY AND HAVE THIS THUG MENTALITY.....MY COSTUMERS ARE MAINLY FROM PORTHARCOUT,WHAT KEEP MANY HERE IS BECAUSE OF LAGOS SHIP TERMINAL.......THEY WANT IGBOS TO DEVELOP BADAGRY FOR THEM..SHAMEFUL PEOPLE.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
honeric01:

oga, answer my question how you came about your claims and stop tagging people together.

My friend if i may ask who are you to question credibility or authenticity of my comment. Is not your right to know but i will obliged you, my person in the market is part of the union. This is all you can get for now.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My friend if i may ask who are you to question credibility or authenticity of my comment. Is not your right to know but i will obliged you, my person in the market is part of the union. This is all you can get for now.

My right to know the truth is (1) I am a Nigerian, (2) A Lagosian (3) A seeker of truth.

And who are you also to tell us something different from what is in the public domain?

Now, you claimed your "source" in the market union told you everything you've typed, does that make them true? that tinubu or whoever is the one causing the issues and not Fashola?

Anyways, closure of the market, is it permanently or temporary since you have a "source" in the market?
Are there conditions to re-opening of the market?

These questions should do first.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by nuclearboy(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
If I was the Governor, I'd not have closed down the market! Rather, notices would have been put up all over intimating that dirty shops (oil or whatever), streets (drains etc) would be taxed 20,000 and 150,000 (or steeper amounts) if found thus by so and so date which would be within a week! Such would also have stated that any roadside businessmen would lose all their goods!

But then, I am not him! The way this was done allows all this rabid talk of discrimination whist such an approach would have targeted only those truly NOT ready to comply with whatever standards the government desires
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by kagel: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

AWESOME!!
who are these extremist
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Exponental(m): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
This people mumu small ooo.
Dem dey disclosure false amount, if they are asked 2 tender their tax payment receipt in d last one yr, can they produce it?......they have ran their mouth, let them wait for the consequences.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
jummy05:
y u no carry your loads and go to portharcourt to sell.what we are telling u is to keep your environment clean.u are proving strong head.if u no melow,i should ask Fashola to deport u.lol

,only a yorouba can talk like d way u did,did u come to the market on thursday and saturday to see how the market looks,These guys have to close thier shops and start Clearing to make sure Fashola is satisfied....and still he still wants to task themmm.......I know lagosians are bragging of Trade fair complex of the whole Africa ,Alaba internatoinal of the whole Africa,Then you want to hear BADAGRI OF THE WHOLE AFRICA....

THEN I ASK YOU WHO ARE THE PEOPLE BEHIND ALL THESE,PRECISELY THE IGBOS...AND WHO TAKE THE HONOUR,GOVERMENT OF LAGOS STATE....

STILL LAGOSIANS WILL NOT HAVE SIMPLE SENSE ,WHO ARE DEVELOPING THIER STATE...SHAMEFUL PEOPLE....

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Dee60: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
Very stupid lie. They probably wanted to say N10 Million,
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by chronique(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
peckhamboi: N100 billion daily

N3 trillion monthly (x 30)

N36 trillion annually (x 12)

Nigeria's budget = N4.9 trillion

They claim to be making more than 7 times the whole country's budget in a year.
[size=14pt]Somebody is telling a bold face lie[/size]

That's what you call turnover(gross revenue). By the time you take out cost of selling,other expenses,tax,etc, it will fall drastically(that's if it's actually true).
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
honeric01:

My right to know the truth is (1) I am a Nigerian, (2) A Lagosian (3) A seeker of truth.

Now, you claimed your "source" in the market union told you everything you've typed, does that make them true? that tinubu or whoever is the one causing the issues and not Fashola?

Anyways, closure of the market, is it permanently or temporary since you have a "source" in the market?
Are they conditions to re-opening of the market?

These questions should do first.

The closure of the market for a day shouldn't have be if Lagos state Govt are sincere in their dealings,blames shouldn't be shifted to the marketers alone, because the Govt and it agency failed woefully in the initial agreement with the union. Mind you there are so many anythings Govt representatives expected from the marketers which the marketers considered as unnecessary extortion and vowed not to meet up with such demand.

I am careless how many days it will take to re-open the market because if the Govt and it agency are sincere to the people stick to their agreement this whole issue wouldn't have come to this extend.

As a business man who has business flourishing in Nigeria and outside Nigeria i am in good position to tell you how painful it is to extort me unnecessarily talk less of shutting down the market where i made my daily income.

So asking how many days or weeks it wil take to re-open it is out of line, you and i know that closing down the market is to force the marketers to meet up that unnecessary extortion demand from foolish Godfathers.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by occam(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
unbe-fucking-believable! This guys are racking in so much cash and can't take care of their environment?

Lagos state govt must be resolute and not give in. Close the market for as long as possible. Our enviroment is most important thing and must not be held hostage by 1,500. They can go do business anywhere else. It's not by force to sell parts at Ladipo

Ladipp market is prime location and can be used for other types of business. Selling parts.close to residential areas is not wise anyway. Relocate them to out of town site. Period.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by vislabraye(m): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
100bn naira daily. He said they are 1500 registered traders and that they loose 10million naira daily?
Ps some one should help me calculate: Is 1500x10m = 100bn?
I think their spokes man is shooting himself in the foot.
With that daily amount that he claims to get, how much tax do they pay?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

The closure of the market for a day shouldn't have be if Lagos state Govt are sincere in their dealings,blames shouldn't be shifted to the marketers alone, because the Govt and it agency failed woefully in the initial agreement with the union. Mind you there are so many anythings Govt representatives expected from the marketers which the marketers considered as unnecessary extortion and vowed not to meet up with such demand.

I am careless how many days it will take to re-open the market because if the Govt and it agency are sincere to the people stick to their agreement this whole issue wouldn't have come to this extend.

As a business man who has business flourishing in Nigeria and outside Nigeria i am in good position to tell you how painful it is to extort me unnecessarily talk less of shutting down the market where i made my daily income.

So asking how many days or weeks it wil take to re-open it is out of line, you and i know that closing down the market is to force the marketers to meet up that unnecessary extortion demand from foolish Godfathers.

honeric01:
Are there conditions to re-opening of the market?

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by YoshiMaster: 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
coogar:

it wouldn't happen because statesmen in america obey the laws of the other states. a texan will not go to newyork and defecate in a plastic bag. when you are in rome, act like romans. defecating in plastic bags is a village behaviour - thus the saying "go back to your villages". if they cannot shelf the village habits, why should they be in the city?

Lol, the plastic bag bit had me in tears, the good ol plastic bag (where would we be without it, hahahaha)

I get what you are saying with the average level of education in advanced countries as compared to here in Nigeria. True a Texan won't choose plastic over porcelain, and really its just because our government failed us for a very long time (old news, I know) that people sometimes act like animals, when the government should have made, and still make, education a priority.

You raised up a good point about those guys in the market being the "Law", and that might be intimidating to maybe you and be, but shouldn't be intimidating in the least to government, especially when they aren't hidden like terrorists.

You seem like a strong personality yourself, with an iron fist to act. So now imagine if you are the governor of Lagos State (I do adore BRF btw), then I am sure you would be able to act on those few who claim to be the "law" in the market, and deal with them.

Look guy if you dealt with them under the law, say Jail time for harassing citizens, and stick to your guns, I tell you things would work, those guys would be in jail, the market would shape up, or be closed down PERIOD!

Now also imagine you were governor and said there would be a N50,000 fine for peeing or defecating on the streets, and again you stick to your guns, I tell you people would not urinate on the streets, and if they do, they would pay the fine, and if they can't pay then they might serve Jail time PERIOD!

I am not against the closure, not against Fashola (except his village statements), and I feel Lagos is doing well. I still say that if the Law is allowed to work, and no one placed above it, then these so called villagers would have a couple of options:

1. Obey the Law
2. Get thrown in Jail for not obeying the Law.
3. Leave on their own

Simple!

No need to umbrella folks in political statements, that is never good for politics. I can already see some people throwing an umbrella over all Igbos when we should be moving forward as a country, judging individuals by their actions, and not were their from within one country.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Dont tell me Fashola ,dont know what to do,what is to hard in Bringing in Tractor and clear all the illegal structures blocking the main road.He did it in OLANIBI,a street like ladipo near Daleko...And after clearing there,he constructed a two way road and Gutters there,go there and know whether u will see illegal or dirty structures......like i normally say,GOOD THINGS HAS A CHAIN,DO A GOOD THING AND ANOTHER GOOD THING WILL LINK TO IT......FASHOLA KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS,IT IS NOT WHAT U THINK IS THE PROBLEM....SO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND HAND DOWN,IF U DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ypzilanti: 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2:

Good, now here's the meat of the matter, how do they collect the fines and what happens if people refuse to pay them?

If they refuse to pay the fine, you shut the stores of the defaulters. It does not have to be a blanket shut down. After the first draconian fine is imposed for filth, the traders will sit up.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
Exponental: This people mumu small ooo.
Dem dey disclosure false amount, if they are asked 2 tender their tax payment receipt in d last one yr, can they produce it?......they have ran their mouth, let them wait for the consequences.

My Brother, Yigbos are the most stupid set of people I have ever seen...they always claim they are wiser than every other people but eventually you discover that they are nothing but fools....BABU SENSE....why do they have to lie that they make 100B, they never thought of consequences...they'll later claim govt is witch hunting when govt impose heavy taxes. If they can't obey the law of the land, they should simply pack their kayas and go back to their erosion ravaged villages.....we all know Lagos and South West is their New York and California.....hahahahaha Igbos yeebos eebos MUST GO..Let's break this damn FORCED MARRIAGE make everybody dey go im house..ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT.....YORUBAS TOO GET MOUTH....GOD TOO BLESS SOUTH WEST....hhahahahahahahahahahha

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by prost80(m): 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
ypzilanti:

If they refuse to pay the fine, you shut the stores of the defaulters. It does not have to be a blanket shut down. After the first draconian fine is imposed for filth, the traders will sit up.

This is not how it can be effectively done in Nigeria, The way Fashola is doing it, has got results in a lot of instances so let him do it. By the way by now all the traders will sit up, so we end this barbaric action once and for all
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

I get what you are saying with the average level of education in advanced countries as compared to here in Nigeria. True a Texan won't choose plastic over porcelain, and really its just because our government failed us for a very long time (old news, I know) that people sometimes act like animals, when the government should have made, and still make, education a priority.

[b]You seem like a strong personality yourself, with an iron fist to act. So now imagine if you are the governor of Lagos State (I do adore BRF btw), then I am sure you would be able to act on those few who claim to be the "law" in the market, and deal with them.

Look guy if you dealt with them under the law, say Jail time for harassing citizens, and stick to your guns, I tell you things would work, those guys would be in jail, the market would shape up, or be closed down PERIOD!

Now also imagine you were governor and said there would be a N50,000 fine for peeing or defecating on the streets, and again you stick to your guns, I tell you people would not urinate on the streets, and if they do, they would pay the fine, and if they can't pay then they might serve Jail time PERIOD!

I am not against the closure, not against Fashola (except his village statements), and I feel Lagos is doing well. I still say that if the Law is allowed to work, and no one placed above it, then these so called villagers would have a couple of options:

1. Obey the Law
2. Get thrown in Jail for not obeying the Law.
3. Leave on their own[/b]

Simple!

The bolded were tried during the Buhari/Idiagbon era, some people tagged them despots, oppressors, killers, tyrants, e.t.c just because most Nigerians hate obedience. (even up till now)

they claim they're making 100 billion naira daily, yet they defecate every here and there. i thought with money comes class ni?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Dipwater(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fash did the right thing jor. ThAt place is an eyesore abeg. The market shud be closed down permanently and relocated to another place .money is not everything, clealiness is next to godliness as the say .

My people shuld start coming back home sef .SE is not as bad as u think

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ypzilanti: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
coogar:

lagos can survive without the taxes of the filthy market. if the whole place is not shut down, people won't shape up. by the time the dirty traders go hungry for weeks, they would act accordingly. they were warned aeons ago to do something about their environment and nothing was done.

Lagos needs all the taxes it can get. I'm not just talking about Ladipo, it's been done also in Mile 12, etc...The government need to find other ways of resolving issues with traders. Like I suggested before, they should fine the traders heavily for the filth.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
honeric01:

It will be a waste of time keep quoting you forth and back because no amount of explanation will ever make you see the Govt wrong part in this scenario. Now i have concluded to ignore you having taking my time gone through your posts to know whom you are and what you stand for.

I AM DONE WITH YOU. UN-FOLLOW ME CLOWN.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ypzilanti: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
prost80:

This is not how it can be effectively done in Nigeria, The way Fashola is doing it, has got results in a lot of instances so let him do it. By the way by now all the traders will sit up, so we end this barbaric action once and for all

Oh, well. Like you said, it worked in the other markets. But maybe he needs to reform his approach, sha.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Konmight:

My Brother, Yigbos are the most stupid set of people I have ever seen...they always claim they are wiser than every other people but eventually you discover that they are nothing but fools....BABU SENSE....why do they have to lie that they make 100B, they never thought of consequences...they'll later claim govt is witch hunting when govt impose heavy taxes. If they can't obey the law of the land, they should simply pack their kayas and go back to their erosion ravaged villages.....we all know Lagos and South West is their New York and California.....hahahahaha Igbos yeebos eebos MUST GO..Let's break this damn FORCED MARRIAGE make everybody dey go im house..ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT.....YORUBAS TOO GET MOUTH....GOD TOO BLESS SOUTH WEST....hhahahahahahahahahahha

@Konmight, is the lady on the white wedding gown your sister? Nothing passon no go see from these clowns. Lineage of cowards.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi Queries LADOL For Receiving Ships Carrying Oil, Gas-related Cargoes / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times / 2023 Election: Concern As INEC Chairman Backs PDP's Push For Electronic Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.