Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless (46967 Views)

Fatal Auto Crash In Lagos Leaving Six Dead / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Eye On Lagos - Emergency Services. Is Lagos Leaving Nigeria Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by ChiSun27(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Leboska:
Have you bother to read how responsible government do theirs? Fashola i lose every respect i have for u. U can never rule nigeria lagos will be your last.

abg mek we hia word....mtschewwwwwwwww!!!!!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by sucess001(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Either you are being mischeivous or plain stewpid. You don't know Government is not run on sentiments? Everybody is claiming they are poor and yes they are poor but does being poor means you should build illegal structures?

Funny argument. We say Fashola shud not render people homeless and someone calls that sentiments. Now i know why Nigeria usually gets bad leaders. Cos people like you have a right to vote!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by chemicool: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
The bottom line is, not everyone can stay in Lagos. I can't stay there. If u make 1m in Lagos that amounts to nothing. 1m in Ondo State is alot of cool money.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
chemicool: The bottom line is, not everyone can stay in Lagos. I can't stay there. If u make 1m in Lagos that amounts to nothing. 1m in Ondo State is alot of cool money.
Are you serious ? 1m here na for weekend party and its gone.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by SEGAD: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Exactly. Government can turn Lagos to New York, its for our good, but those poor people sleeping outdoors at night are humans. They just need alternative place to pitch their tents. Fashola is just anti-poor.

General Fashola is a dictator, worst than Abacha. No explanation you can give to defend the wicked acts.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
sucess001:

Funny argument. We say Fashola shud not render people homeless and someone calls that sentiments. Now i know why Nigeria usually gets bad leaders. Cos people like you have a right to vote!

Simple question:
Where those structures illegal?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by omiobo: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
chadelicious: undecidedClearing the area is not d problem, buh prior notice shud b given, innocent children r involved, wat happens wen dey r rendered homeless, den we sit back n begin 2 wonder y crime rate multiplies daily

Who is to be blamed? I told one of my colleagues who live in Ajegunle about the demolition of Badia. He said the place needs to be demolished. I asked him,why? He said,that the place is not meant for sane person,
We all blame fashola but I believe in him. He knows what he's doing. He must have gathered unpleasant reports before the demolition of that place.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by chuksme(m): 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.

some of us here shld be more sensible when posting or commenting. Before any good government destroys people resident in a good country shld provide an alternative. You can not waske up and destroy peoples resident without compasation or alternative,keeping them stranded and devasted just like that. That does nt show demogracy and good governance. Even if it is an ilegal structures.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Simple question:
Simple Answer: Government decides what is illegal or not illegal. Once upon a time, Maroko was legal, then turn illegal, then legal again. The poor people need alternative place to pitch their tents.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by SEGAD: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
omiobo:

Who is to be blamed? I told one of my colleagues who live in Ajegunle about the demolition of Badia. He said the place needs to be demolished. I asked him,why? He said,that the place is not meant for sane person,
We all blame fashola but I believe in him. He knows what he's doing. He must have gathered unpleasant reports before the demolition of that place.

Tell that your friend that very soon Ajegunle too will witness such devil act because the place is not also meant for sane person. Nonsense.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Ominiriches(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
I've been in Lagos, i might not exactly know the problem at and. i wish to comment that, no matter the upgrade and development that a state want to embark upon. It shouldn't use it citizen as a price to pay by demolishing their home. I also wish to express my sincere sympathy to the people affect by the demolision. I pray to God to provide a place of comfort to you people in no distance time.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by TriggerHappy: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
If all the leaders that had come into power after independence had sacrifice for Nigeria and Nigeria was their top priority for the past 50 years instead of stealing and looting oil money, like Lagos and other states will be well planned today and Commando Fashola will not end up using KNEE JERK REACTION to solved a situation which takes years to achieved in most develop countries. ONLY IN AFRICA. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Simple Answer: Government decides what is illegal or not illegal. Once upon a time, Maroko was legal, then turn illegal, then legal again. The poor people need alternative place to pitch their tents.
Dude we've talked about it before, if you have a building plan approval the Government cannot demolish your house without compensation.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Trigger Happy: If all the leaders that had come into power after independence had sacrifice for Nigeria and Nigeria was their top priority for the past 50 years instead of stealing and looting oil money, like Lagos and other states will be well planned today and Commando Fashola will not end up using KNEE JERK REACTION to solved a situation which takes years to achieved in most develop countries. ONLY IN AFRICA. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Dont pray to find yourself in a situation that your home is demolished by Government. People die, ask Abuja residents who lost their homes to El Rufai tractors. Go and see the poor people that have been displaced by Fashola. No one hates development, we are simply saying, provide alternative for the poor residents before demolition, they are humans and have right to life.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
I wonder if a new govt comes, will they allow slums to sprawl in the city as it has being before or follow the already set standard of cleaning the place up.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Dude we've talked about it before, if you have a building plan approval the Government cannot demolish your house without compensation.
And if they dont have a building plan they deserve to be homeless, sleep on bare floors, and die of mosquito bites ? Dont you have human sympathy ?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by omiobo: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
chuksme:

some of us here shld be more sensible when posting or commenting. Before any good government destroys people resident in a good country shld provide an alternative. You can not waske up and destroy peoples resident without compasation or alternative,keeping them stranded and devasted just like that. That does nt show demogracy and good governance. Even if it is an ilegal structures.

Oga,u have to think again o! Insanity is a demon that need to be rebuked. They should provide their certificate of occupancy
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Afritop(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
SO FASHOLA AS STARTED APC GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN. HE BEGAN WITH THE OKADA RIDERS AND NOW IS THE SLUM DWELLERS
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afritop: SO FASHOLA AS STARTED APC GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN. HE BEGAN WITH THE OKADA RIDERS AND NOW IS THE SLUM DWELLERS
I didnt vote for a Governor last time, this time I certainly will. And I know which party to vote out.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: And if they dont have a building plan they deserve to be homeless, sleep on bare floors, and die of mosquito bites ? Dont you have human sympathy ?
Government and sentiments don't work together. As a human being, i sympathize with them but Government decisions and not made on sympathy.

Why don't you campaign for a law that would require poor people who steal or commit any crime from being prosecuted?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by SEGAD: 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Trigger Happy: If all the leaders that had come into power after independence had sacrifice for Nigeria and Nigeria was their top priority for the past 50 years instead of stealing and looting oil money, like Lagos and other states will be well planned today and Commando Fashola will not end up using KNEE JERK REACTION to solved a situation which takes years to achieved in most develop countries. ONLY IN AFRICA. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Our leaders cannot sacrifice by stop stealing and looting but prefer the poor masses to sacrifice.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Like government and sentiments don't work together. As a human being, i sympathize with them but Government decisions and not made on sympathy.

Why don't you campaign for a law that would require poor people who steal or commit any crime from being prosecuted?
Do not derail the thread. I want you to understand that Government is for the people, without the people, there is no need for Government. And if the Government fails to be for the people, such government has no reason for being there. All that these helpless people want is not feeding money from Government, far from it, they just need a little space to pitch their tents, a place they can cook their basic indomie, a place they can close at night to avoid mosquitoes and rape.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by AZeD1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Do not derail the thread. I want you to understand that Government is for the people, without the people, there is no need for Government. And if the Government fails to be for the people, such government has no reason for being there. All that these helpless people want is not feeding money from Government, far from it, they just need a little space to pitch their tents, a place they can cook their basic indomie, a place they can close at night to avoid mosquitoes and rape.
Dude i understand what you are saying but i tell you that if government had told those people to relocate to somewhere at Badagry, most of them would have said no.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
They could help this people by constructing cheap housing for them and the environment should be monitored for sanitation purpose. by the way, na by force to live in Lagos sef?. Go home with your lagos sense and make a better living for yourself.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by omiobo: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Do not derail the thread. I want you to understand that Government is for the people, without the people, there is no need for Government. And if the Government fails to be for the people, such government has no reason for being there. All that these helpless people want is not feeding money from Government, far from it, they just need a little space to pitch their tents, a place they can cook their basic indomie, a place they can close at night to avoid mosquitoes and rape.

Oga leave dat defintion of democracy and face reality. God self is for the people but if you do not contribute to His kingdom you will be cut off. No one will touch them if they live lawful lives

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by stupor(m): 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
kross_01:
its easy to say that when its nt u dt is in their position. If you made any research about the area in question or its people, you wld have known that the people being displaced are traditional lagosians who wia initially relocated to this present area when the FG took over their initial settlement to build the national theatre. Now i ask u, which village do u want them to go to? Why are we overtly insensitive to the plight of others in this country? These people in question were NOT even given notice b4 there settlement were demolished.during d press conference whch SERAP or so did, a young man said his admission letter & his travel docs wia all lost there as he never knew b4 hand of the demolision.dont say its good because u were nt affected, tomorrow it might get to u.

There's no insensitivity in what the governor has done !

If for example,you,as a Lagosian illegally erects a public toilet building around your vicinity,you collect the returns and because no respônsible govt has come to effect this lawlessness over many years,and suddenly a good one comes tO effect it.

Are you trying tO tell me because yOu grew up tO knôw that Toilet,means it deserves being given leniency ?

You and the rest of your team are obvoiusly the Ones trying to frustrate the gOvernór and the lagos state of our dreams !

If Lagos State gets in the hand of PDP ,I swear yOu people will excrete on the main róads,sell spareparts,close third mainland and turn it to second hand clôthes market !

Leave Lagos ! We don't need people like you to finish Our lost beloved Lagos.

Go to Borno or Bauchi state,where PDP allows lawlessness,street trading,beggars,and lazy urchins,Lagos is a World Reckon ! Not a LOcal gvernment.

Uncle Fashola's still the best governor.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
What has become evident is that none of these 'foreigners' in Lagos wish Lagos well!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Parnassuss(m): 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.

If 70 percent of the populace is to be the 'sacrifice', then you are the ritualist here

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by back2sender: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks Mccoy, i have always lambasted GEJ-check my previous post because i feel he can do better than what we have now and he should stop protecting his ministers that are not performing and allow them to feel the heat as well. In reality iam more anti PDP when it comes to issues

But what am seeing in Fashola of recent is just too bad,so its now a crime to be poor. so its only the poor that should make sacrifaces while the rich keep looting the treasury. Come and see the ESTATES and LANDS Tinubu has in Lekki you will be amazed or how he forcefully collected ogombo peoples land. why cant fashola relocate them in such estates that he and his master has, abi you think sey those people are happy in thier present conditions?

Fashola too has an estate on Mobil Road(settling himself) behind RCCG Tabernacle of david for those familiar with that axis or who does not know Hitech belongs to Tinubu, handling lekki toll project.

I have had encounter with LASG services and iam not happy about it , last year i was turned back with my dads corpse february 28 to be precise on the excuse that the mortuary was undergoing renovation but they where accepting people,just because we didnt SETTLE. Why am i saying this is because fashola comes on air and say lagos is working and i wonder in what ways is lagos working? given the huge resources in lagos.

For those saying they should go back to thier village

-Why didnt those supporting fashola say this in previous years even before the commencement of democracy? that non indigent should go back to thier states

-The developments in lagos was as a result of lagos been the Nations Capital in the past- Federal Govt made lagos what it is today, one might be tempted to say Awo made Western region(Ibadan only)what it is today, in as much as i will not want to contest this most of the developments in Lagos took place during the Military Era. Federal funds was used for this development.

- During the Subdidy strike there was no differentiation because the demonstration favored ACN

The development that people has been throwing dart back n forth including yours truly are infrastructures and not empowering human capital.

lASTMA,KAI are made up of TOUTS, using my money(TAX) to pay his private army inflicting pains on tax payers.

he has gone around closing down markets that is his new occupation, Ajah marhet was closed down before ladipo and the question i keep asking is that this market people pay environmental levies , so what is this money used for?.

When you go near the park you hear words like;

Owo Chairman
Owo Fashola
Owo Baba(Tinubu)
Owo boys- errand boys.

This money are paid in the morning,afternoon and evening by the bus operators so why wont transport cost be high in lagos,will fashola say he his not aware of this.

See the queue for BRT buses that is a subject for another day.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by kross01(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
stupor:

There's no insensitivity in what the governor has done !

If for example,you,as a Lagosian illegally erects a public toilet building around your vicinity,you collect the returns and because no respônsible govt has come to effect this lawlessness over many years,and suddenly a good one comes tO effect it.

Are you trying tO tell me because yOu grew up tO knôw that Toilet,means it deserves being given leniency ?

You and the rest of your team are obvoiusly the Ones trying to frustrate the gOvernór and the lagos state of our dreams !

If Lagos State gets in the hand of PDP ,I swear yOu people will excrete on the main róads,sell spareparts,close third mainland and turn it to second hand clôthes market !

Leave Lagos ! We don't need people like you to finish Our lost beloved Lagos.

Go to Borno or Bauchi state,where PDP allows lawlessness,street trading,beggars,and lazy urchins,Lagos is a World Reckon ! Not a LOcal gvernment.

Uncle Fashola's still the best governor.

Now the bolded part of ur work got me laughing my eyes off. Like seriously because i fail to concur with BRF on this u r branding me so? First & foremost, u can do well as to go 2ru my previous posts here to knw i only discuss issues & nt pple. Linking me to pdp is so petty of u cos dt is why we keep failing in this country since even wn sum1 we knw is getting it wrng we look the other way. I'll still say it again my dear(u cn even brand me boko haram if u so wish to, not that i care) shacks & slums are bad, bt what stopped d gvt frm giving those pple prior notice? Why cldnt he relocate those pple to that flood camp somewia arnd ikorodu axis? Did they hve to loose d little they had because of the demolition? These are issues & nt calling for party affiliations.
PS-bear in mind dt d swt looking bungalow of 2day, might turn to a shack tomorrw when that neighborhud becomes all skyscrappers.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Godmann(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
back2sender: Thanks Mccoy, i have always lambasted GEJ-check my previous post because i feel he can do better than what we have now and he should stop protecting his ministers that are not performing and allow them to feel the heat as well. In reality iam more anti PDP when it comes to issues

But what am seeing in Fashola of recent is just too bad,so its now a crime to be poor. so its only the poor that should make sacrifaces while the rich keep looting the treasury. Come and see the ESTATES and LANDS Tinubu has in Lekki you will be amazed or how he forcefully collected ogombo peoples land. why cant fashola relocate them in such estates that he and his master has, abi you think sey those people are happy in thier present conditions?

Fashola too has an estate on Mobil Road(settling himself) behind RCCG Tabernacle of david for those familiar with that axis or who does not know Hitech belongs to Tinubu, handling lekki toll project.

I have had encounter with LASG services and iam not happy about it , last year i was turned back with my dads corpse february 28 to be precise on the excuse that the mortuary was undergoing renovation but they where accepting people,just because we didnt SETTLE. Why am i saying this is because fashola comes on air and say lagos is working and i wonder in what ways is lagos working? given the huge resources in lagos.

For those saying they should go back to thier village

-Why didnt those supporting fashola say this in previous years even before the commencement of democracy? that non indigent should go back to thier states

-The developments in lagos was as a result of lagos been the Nations Capital in the past- Federal Govt made lagos what it is today, one might be tempted to say Awo made Western region(Ibadan only)what it is today, in as much as i will not want to contest this most of the developments in Lagos took place during the Military Era. Federal funds was used for this development.

- During the Subdidy strike there was no differentiation because the demonstration favored ACN

The development that people has been throwing dart back n forth including yours truly are infrastructures and not empowering human capital.

lASTMA,KAI are made up of TOUTS, using my money(TAX) to pay his private army inflicting pains on tax payers.

he has gone around closing down markets that is his new occupation, Ajah marhet was closed down before ladipo and the question i keep asking is that this market people pay environmental levies , so what is this money used for?.

When you go near the park you hear words like;

Owo Chairman
Owo Fashola
Owo Baba(Tinubu)
Owo boys- errand boys.

This money are paid in the morning,afternoon and evening by the bus operators so why wont transport cost be high in lagos,will fashola say he his not aware of this.

See the queue for BRT buses that is a subject for another day.

Thanks. Nigeria needs more of people like you. Keep it up. We will certainly brace the tape; because destiny is ours

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by sucess001(m): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Simple question:

Bros...i advise you to not even go there at all....you are talking to a lawyer.

Lets even assume those houses were "illegal"...do u know how many "illegal" houses are in the high brow parts of lagos? (Ajah,Lekki)

They wont go there to demolish...they wont even dare.

But it is easy to clear the poor ones...

I can lecture you on the ideal of Law bowing to "public policy" but that will be teaching you a legal principle you dont deserve. Go ask a lawyer friend of yours who is schooled in jurisprudence the implication of law going against public policy...

Then re-assess your comment...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Man Wants Buhari, Nigerians Dead Over Fuel Scarcity / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration / Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.