Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless (46906 Views)

Fatal Auto Crash In Lagos Leaving Six Dead / Picture Of Slums In The Usa / Eye On Lagos - Emergency Services. Is Lagos Leaving Nigeria Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by back2sender: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks Sucess001 for that comment. They will not touch the RICH because they are untouchables but if na poor people dem go take sledge hammer hammer thier head anyhow.Even the demolition in question was carried out by AREA BOYS(ilegality/menace) who are terrors to the society already.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Revolva(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don read so tey I don't know what I will comment again....oya oo am still reading
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okada don't want to obey law and kill people and still want to be left alone and they still have people supporting and backing them.

Market people too want special rights to disobey state laws, turn the market to another hazardous zone and filthy colony and they still have people supporting and backing them

Illegal settlers creates slums, pollute our lagoons with raw human sewage aka shittt inside the same water they fish and eat from and dangerous materials, block canals and drainage systems, yet they want special rights to disobey laws and still want the government to give them free housing for disobeying the laws of lagos state and they to have people backing them.

It's only in Lagos sate people pull silly stunts like this because the state is too lenient and conciliatory..

Change is not easy, but it's gonna come by any means necessary.

We can not keep existing like jungle animals in a lawless society where everybody want special rights to do whatever they want and be left alone.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by SELFWORTH: 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You are loosing it already. I refuse to be insulted and I demand your respect. I am not in any way going to exchange ill-words with you cos apparently you are not well-cultured, and not well-lettered. My points are very very clear. Lagos state government have right to demolish, but should provide alternative for the poor who have no where else to go. There is no society without the poor, but the poor have rights to life and decent living courtesy of the government. Even when the poor has nothing, they have thumps and they voted.

You are the first person to gain my respect on NL .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Iykemmanuel(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I hope you watched the Olympics in London on your screen and you probably was shouting high heaven when Usain bolt bolted away in that final? Do you know how many people were evicted for that Olympic park to be built? Those that couldn't meet the compensation requirement were relocated soonest to much less desirable place because the government wanted to rejuvenate that part of East London using the Olympic as a trigger.

Can I ask you a simple question? Was alternative made for those evicted or not? When did the state government first serves them notice of eviction? If none, why did they not go to court to sue the government? At least Fashola has shown He. Obeys court orders. Please answer those questions....
[color=#006600][/color]
listen to ur self, because the same bad omen befell people in london that is why u wish it on ur fellow nigerians? I wish these people can lay their hands on u. Besides how are u sure that the people in london were not compensated either with money or housing?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by SELFWORTH: 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
cupid4ig: All this stupiddddddd deluded fashola fans always defending him even when they know deepndown inside their evil heart that he got it wrong. God will judge u all one by one but u all should remember this life na turn by turn and things change tomorrow it might. BE ur turn

Exactly my sentiments too.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by sucess001(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
[b][/b]

Okada don't want to obey law and kill people and still want to be left alone and they still have people supporting and backing them.

Market people too want special rights to disobey state laws, turn the market to another hazardous zone and filthy colony and they still have people supporting and backing them

Illegal settlers creates slums, pollute our lagoons with raw human sewage aka shittt inside the same water they fish and eat from and dangerous materials, block canals and drainage systems, yet they want special rights to disobey laws and still want the government to give them free housing for disobeying the laws of lagos state and they to have people backing them.

It's only in Lagos sate people pull silly stunts like this because the state is too lenient and conciliatory..

We can not keep existing like jungle animals in a lawless society where everybody want special rights to do whatever they want and be left alone.

[/quote]
babapupa:

babapupa:

[/b]It's only in Lagos sate people pull silly stunts like this because the state is too lenient and conciliatory..[b]

pls bro...help us beg thestate govt...so they dont go flogging us...help beg them to continue being 'lenient' to us... grin grin
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
^^^^^ Try learn how to quote, you just messed up the flow..
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by TriggerHappy: 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Destroying people's homes without first taking their welfare into consideration, and mentally deranged foools want this savage to become president.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by indianin9ja(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

WHAT YOU TELL THEM DOESNT MATTER! THEY ARE POOR ILLITERATE PEOPLE AND IN DESPERATE NEED OF MONEY! THE INDIAN GOVT. HAS BANNED THIS PRACTICE YET YOU INDULGE IN THIS SHAMEFUL ACT! I WAS TAKING ABOUT KIDNEY TRANSPLANT , NOT LIVER TRANSPLANT! DONT TAKE ME FOR A FOOL! GODS WORK , ILL TEACH YOU GODS WORK YOU SON OF A...

Who are you to say what's good for somebody if they themselves voluntarily agreed to trade one of their organs for a nice sum of cash? What makes you think you know better than they are? Who are you to make decisions for them?

Not all of them are illiterate, and I have dealt with those even with college degrees. It's you who is condescending. Who are you to call this shameful?! When it saves lives and gives others a chance for a better life through money to open a business, to be free from oppressive debt, or to afford education, who are you to call this shameful? You need to get off your high horse and see reality.

Of course, none of this will make sense to ideots.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by ichidodo: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
indianin9ja:

Who are you to say what's good for somebody if they themselves voluntarily agreed to trade one of their organs for a nice sum of cash? What makes you think you know better than they are? Who are you to make decisions for them?

Not all of them are illiterate, and I have dealt with those even with college degrees. It's you who is condescending. Who are you to call this shameful?! When it saves lives and gives others a chance for a better life through money to open a business, to be free from oppressive debt, or to afford education, who are you to call this shameful? You need to get off your high horse and see reality.

Of course, none of this will make sense to ideots.
HARI KRISHNA MOTHERF#*KER!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by PAPAAFRICA: 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
these are people, no?!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: these are people, no?!

[img]http://lexyes686.files./2012/03/lagos.jpg[/img]

Do you wish this kind of living for even your dog talk less for your family?

No sane and responsible government should allow this to exist no matter how poor you are...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by PAPAAFRICA: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa:

[img]http://lexyes686.files./2012/03/lagos.jpg[/img]

Do you wish this kind of living for even your dog talk less for your family?

No sane and responsible government should allow this to exist no matter how poor you are...
then what can be done to stop it?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2013

This is how they take pictures, show and tell the outside world how we live.....
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: then what can be done to stop it?

I was expecting you to tell me....
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by PAPAAFRICA: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
how can so much garbage even accumulate that much in one place.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by oldlord(m): 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
GARRI (x7):
They're paying the price of disregarding law and order under the guise of poverty, homelessness and helplessness.

Lagos isn't for everyone!!

If you can't afford a decent place in Lagos why not stay in your village. They prefer to build illegal structures and then expect to be compensated for law-breaking.

Nonsense!!

angry

Do u think everyone dat came to Lagos is from "VILLAGE". Or do u think lagos is d only developed state in Nigeria? if lagos is d only state u have lived all ur life, pls try and go around and see other better city. Pls get a life

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by babapupa: 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
That's slum living for you. This is what they think we must allow them to do because they are poor.

This is why many people in that region have hepatitis and other diseases.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
babapupa: That's slum living for you. This is what they think we must allow them to do because they are poor.

This is why many people in that region have hepatitis and other diseases.
On point bro!
Even if PDP or whoever comes in next and don't continue this sanitization it will show their level of uselessness.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by honprof1(m): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
FXKing2012: Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped.

By his Grace u shall be consumed as a sacrify of such a circumstancies IN GOD WE TRUST .... Amen.!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by CrimzP(m): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Those images are irritating. Fashola should clear the areas quickly. There is need to clean Lagos man!
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
SELFWORTH:

I can't believe this person is a woman. Gutter behaviour!

Am sure many of her gutter comrades will support her. Must be one of the 18 million uncertified mad Nigerians trawling through NL everyday . You never can tell the day they miss their medication.

She had an early release from a mental home!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by indianin9ja(m): 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
ichidodo: HARI KRISHNA MOTHERF#*KER!

So because you're unable to come up with an intelligent rebuttal, you resort to insulting my religion. This is after you insulted my family as "parasites" simply because of our ethnic background. Very classy.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by ennysongs(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=FXKing2012][b][color=#006600]Sacrifices must be made for development to take place, but Africans usually dont like making sacrifices (except sacrificing to deities) which is why Africa is so underdeveloped. It true but provision should be made too
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by bongila(f): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2013
And the stooges crawled out in full force!
Fashola well done you hear! Drive them all out,when the fight,send touts,police etc after them.
How dare they come mess up "your very own state"? Drive them all out!
Watch out though,nobody stays in power forever.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by EkoIle1: 2:52am On Mar 05, 2013

Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by Nobody: 3:11am On Mar 05, 2013
Jeez! Very irritating! The heavy machines should start working to clean up the filthy places. JEEZ!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by pazienza(m): 4:47am On Mar 05, 2013
marvelous abah: WHO IS DIS BASTARD CALLIN JESUS IMPORTD?

Is jesus a nigerian? He is as imported as that Tv in your parlour.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by pazienza(m): 4:59am On Mar 05, 2013
dapotemi: Most of d comment here is jus unfortunate.It shows dat most pple here are jus anoda emotional loser.In evry govt policies,PEOPLE will alwys be affected.You want Nig to be lik Dubai,New York,London etc,YET,you want dos slums to continue,you wants govt to allow pple to continue to live in slums,yet you admire wat you see or hear abt Dubai.Develpment start somewhere.Secondly,it is a BIG LIE for anybody to say dat they were nt given eviction notice,its does'nt make sense,Fashola is a lawyer nd he wont do such tins.Jus ask ursef,wat wil d govt loose by givin dem notice?Absolutely nothing.If you must put up a defence,use FACTS.Whenever there is demolition,av you ever heard pple say they were givin notice,NO they wont say dat,its d norm,its a way of holding govt to ransom.They were put on notice several times.Lagos needs a metro line for network,if dis must hapen,many must cry for their houses,yet,dis day must COME or we pay more.Ask Google,we praise brazil for its development,as i type,pple are stil askin for compensation for being displaced.You wil travel nd you wil say,"Why cant we av dis at home",but having "this" at home will always come at a cost.We luv beautiful cities,yet,we want to hold tenaciously to our slums.Nigerians luv Dubai,i hope you knw dat pple were displaced to build dat city.Pls ask Google for facts on dat.We must accept d reality of pain for gain,or we stay doomed to underdevelopment.Displacement are thorny nd costly but if we can endure it,its brings develpment.When i ws growing up,Lekki was a slum,worst dan ajegunle or ijora badia,but look at lekki today.Remember,som pple paid dat price den,If dos pple can luk back and see Lekki today,am sure they will be happy.We make it luk lik we are bunch of incapable pple.When we can dos pple lik Fashola who can change d status quo,we bad mouth their efforts.WE CANNOT SACRIFICE DEVELOPMENT,TRUTH AND FACTS,on the altar of SENTIMENT,NONSENSICAL PATRIOTISM.I will only advise fashola to work more on "Communication",most especially when it concerns d poor.If ure doin somtyn great,pple must KNOW it or be aware of it b4 they will/can see it.Development no be beans and cake.

I am sure you were among those that rushed to the streets to protest,when okonjo iweala,GEJ and co,were dishing out a message like the one you just gave above,during the fuel subsidy wahala.

But now,you are not affected by this particular draconian policy,so you turn to an okonjo-iwela/allison maduekwe, your hypocrisy reeks.
Re: Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless by pazienza(m): 5:01am On Mar 05, 2013
hollandis:

USELESS ARS.E LICKER.I HATE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY NOWADAYS

And you are supposed to be a female? Nawao!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari / Buhari Settles Down To Work, Calls For Mdas’ Bank Account Balances / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.