Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) (90503 Views)

15 Hilarious Photos That Will Make You Laugh On A Sunday / My Oga At The Top Smileys / My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy Feat NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by westbuoi(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2013
pankere:
I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU! Why was he beign cunny and dribbling the presenters? I'm very sure if he had said that he does not know the website name in a straightforward and honest way the matter would have ended there.but he kept on trying to outsmart the presenters who asked him a very simple question.
Why should we protect incompetence and inefficiency? Why should unqualified public officers be tolerated or pitied? If he knew he coulndt answer questions about his agency then why should he come on air? And moreover its not that the question is out of topic or not related to his office. And I'm very sure his Oga at the top doesn't know it too! grin

naija,what a huge joke..Apart from the fact he didnt know,he wud hv politely dodged the question..the way boyz do at interview panels wen cornered and still come out successful..Anyway- my oga at the top will know
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by robonski15(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2013
infact me sef they shame.. he only said just two W.. ww.nscdc dats it.. had it been he even said . com that will be prefarable, buh i guess dis man has no formal training on computer..

On a further thought why must he use that name "my oga" he should have said something like "my superior".. anyway i dont want to say something now and my Oga at the top will say it another thing.. lmao

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 14, 2013
Just watched it again....bwahahahaha grin grin grin Nigerians are clowns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaurbDSCgho

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 14, 2013
Pain: I Love this Guy. He should run for President in 2015

Oh Pllleeeaasseee! angry angry

Have you asked the oga at the top first? grin

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2013
uzoo: After his Gaffe on National TV, the Lagos State NSCDC Commandant, Mr Obafaiye Shem, who was interviewed on Channels Television and couldn’t tell his organisation’s website, has immediately issued a statement in his defense, saying his “reluctance to put ‘dot.com‘ at the end of the website was totally intentional and not regretted”
In his statement, he says he “intentionally shied away from using the dot com”, as it sounded sexual, in fact, too sexual to be uttered on “Live TV”. He also said the presence of a Woman on the panel made him “too uncomfortable to say the word ‘com’, a Homonym of ‘cum’ as it would have been embarassing for her”
In an exclusive Telephone chat with Fake9janews, he further said:
“Look, i did not want to embarass myself by saying such dirty word. There was a woman there, how would i have sounded? I am a man of high moral standing…….if you think i’m telling lie, ask MY OGA AT THE TOP. That Is All”
Meanwhile, GEJ has just watched a recording of the interview, and has set up a committee to find out the real Website of the NSCDC.

You dey kolo seriously. What is cum? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Ardedaryor(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2013
this is completely a "uproarious thread...............dont ask me the meaning of "UPROARIOUS" ask my oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by dejijohns(m): 7:49am On Mar 14, 2013
groovie:

hey! abeg who fit help me do dat T shirt?
No wear am paz whr NSCDC offiz or ofizas dey oo. Dats all ma adviz 4U, as U b ma Oga @ d TOP....

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.

Supported.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by sunnyt1(m): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2013
This guy is a born comedian, funnier than Gandoki
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 14, 2013
okpara ugo:

You dey kolo seriously. What is cum? undecided

That's a Load of rubbish. The website doesn't even end with .com. angry

The correct website is http://nscdc.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by aieromon(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2013
Simply hilarious.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by SURYSuri(f): 7:57am On Mar 14, 2013
What do you think about the state pardon given to Alams by president Jonathan?
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by bobofati(m): 7:58am On Mar 14, 2013
Guy..... You are getting it wrong. The main reason for d interview, is to find out why and how Scammers, masquarading as nscdc and using different websites are duping innocent Nigerians.
So d website is very important. And for God's sake, what is ''my oga at the top''? what stoped him from simply saying..... I DONT KNOW.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by deepwaters(f): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2013
1stCitizen:

Tell me of any arm of Nigeria's security establishment being run by competent people. I am waiting. My point is an interview is not meant to be an avenue to ridicule people. It is designed to get an insight into issues, people, projects, governance etc

The Channels panel didn't set out to ridicule the man. He was asked a very simple, straightforward , germane and totally important question. Instead of admitting ignorance he went ahead blabbing. Even when the interviewers tried to bring him back on track, he kept saying WAIT WAIT and goofed further.
And like you rightly said, interviews are meant to give an insight into issues, governance, people etc. We've just gotten an excellent insight into how our institutions are sometimes manned by incompetent people, who lack initiative and probably don't even know their job description.
We complain that Nigerian press isn't doing well to expose lapses in the polity, yet when they try, we still accuse them of ridiculing people.

19 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by blaise01(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=uzoo]After his Gaffe on National TV, the Lagos State NSCDC Commandant, Mr Obafaiye Shem, who was interviewed on Channels Television and couldn’t tell his organisation’s website, has immediately issued a statement in his defense, saying his “reluctance to put ‘dot.com‘ at the end of the website was totally intentional and not regretted”
In his statement, he says he “intentionally shied away from using the dot com”, as it sounded sexual, in fact, too sexual to be uttered on “Live TV”. He also said the presence of a Woman on the panel made him “too uncomfortable to say the word ‘com’, a Homonym of ‘cum’ as it would have been embarassing for her”
In an exclusive Telephone chat with Fake9janews, he further said:
“Look, i did not want to embarass myself by saying such dirty word. There was a woman there, how would i have sounded? I am a man of high moral standing…….if you think i’m telling lie, ask MY OGA AT THE TOP. That Is All”
Meanwhile, GEJ has just watched a recording of the interview, and has set up a committee to find out the real Website of the NSCDC.[/quoteak kaii!!! U pple won't kill me on NL cheesy cheesy cheesy LWKMD!!!
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Rooneyboy(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2013
We Nigerians are wicked ooo,is all of us making mockery of this man like our folks would have done any better.

Abeg let's all give this man a break, he doesn't belong to the (.COM) generation.

But in the main time, here's the almighty oga grin

[b][/b]

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 14, 2013
deepwaters :

The Channels panel didn't set out to ridicule the man. He was asked a very simple, straightforward , germane and totally important question. Instead of admitting ignorance he went ahead blabbing. Even when the interviewers tried to bring him back on track, he kept saying WAIT WAIT and goofed further.
And like you rightly said, interviews are meant to give an insight into issues, governance, people etc. We've just gotten an excellent insight into how our institutions are sometimes manned by incompetent people, who lack initiative and probably don't even know their job description.
We complain that Nigerian press isn't doing well to expose lapses in the polity, yet when they try, we still accuse them of ridiculing people.

So you mean that the average Nigerian did not know the guy was exposed when he started blabbing. You mean the sarcastic remark from the lady after he goofed was necessary and professional? SMH. Tell me the difference between those journalists and that man in terms of competence.

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by 4Play(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2013
Those who are knocking the journalists for doing their jobs, holding public officials to account, are sadly misguided. The notion that a public official should be protected from humiliation in TV interviews as he's a guest is bizarre.

The interview is nothing compared to the savage interview techniques of journalists like the BBC's Jeremy Paxman. I think many Nigerians are so used to genuflecting before public officials.

8 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by ebujany(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2013
Hahaha...oga at the top trending.trust naija people.

Arsenal gay player...http://www.wownaija..com
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2013
4 Play: Those who are knocking the journalists for doing their jobs, holding public officials to account, are sadly misguided. The notion that a public official should be protected from humiliation in TV interviews as he's a guest is bizarre.

The interview is nothing compared to the savage interview techniques of journalists like the BBC's Jeremy Paxman. I think many Nigerians are so used to genuflecting before public officials.

Google is your friend. Try criticisms of Jeremy Paxman. There is a clear difference between being aggressive and intimidating during interviews and ridiculing people even after they have ridiculed themselves
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by naptu2: 8:16am On Mar 14, 2013
It is not the job of the journalist to "protect the guest". The guest is not a baby that needs "protection". The guest should protect himself by preparing for the interview. The job of the journalist is to unearth information for the benefit of the public, which is precisely what they did.

1) They tried to get the NSCDC website address, so that the public will know the address and prospective job applicants won't fall victim to scammers.

2) They showed the public the quality of public officials we have (officials who are paid with citizens' tax money).

The journalists did their job excellently.

(I think this whole "protect the guest" business is a legacy of military rule).

14 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by groovie(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2013
dejijohns:
No wear am paz whr NSCDC offiz or ofizas dey oo. Dats all ma adviz 4U, as U b ma Oga @ d TOP....

my oga at the top will protect me from their own oga at the top. Daz all.

Now seriously who can help me with dat shirt?

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by pweeryambre: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2013
And when our youths go to look for job, there would be an endless list of expected qualifications and interview by this kind of incompetent people. Smh

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2013
NIGERIANS. Start to think and ask critical questios. What is the need for NSCDC? What does NSCDC do that affects the life of an everyday Nigerian positively? Another uniformed agency in the seas of multiples of uniformed agecies while insecurity grows. Colapse this NSCDC and reform the police force.

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by naptu2: 8:19am On Mar 14, 2013
groovie:

my oga at the top will protect me from their own oga at the top. Daz all.

Now seriously who can help me with dat shirt?

I can. Drop your e-mail address or mail me on kseventsng@gmail.com daz all.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by trekkie: 8:27am On Mar 14, 2013
grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by andyzoga: 8:36am On Mar 14, 2013
1stCitizen:

Tell me of any arm of Nigeria's security establishment being run by competent people. I am waiting. My point is an interview is not meant to be an avenue to ridicule people. It is designed to get an insight into issues, people, projects, governance etc
And you're proud of that?! What stopped the man from being honourable to have answered he didn't know it rather than beating about d bush? Sympathy in d name of professionalism will take us nowhere in dis nation. I dare to challenge you on the interviews by foreign tv stations... I hope Hardtalk on BBC is not on ur list. That man is just of one those square
Pegs in round holes we have in dis nation. . . Datz all!

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by ZACHIE: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2013
dazz all?
Thread closed

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by burkutu: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=Stallion84]Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people......

my guy you are high on too much NTA

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by naptu2: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2013
My oga, who art at the top, hallowed be thy name, thy king dot com.

6 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by 8686(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2013
pweeryambre: And when our youths go to look for job, there would be an endless list of expected qualifications and interview by this kind of incompetent people. Smh

Exactly, 5yrs work experience for a fresh grad as if he/she ought to have started working as a fresher.... Assorted nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

So Funny Pics To Start Your Week With I Guess So / Nigerians Release Lists Of Kings Greater Than The Oba Of Lagos / Funny Kermit The Frog Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.