Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) (90482 Views)

15 Hilarious Photos That Will Make You Laugh On A Sunday / My Oga At The Top Smileys / My Oga At The Top - Dj Ziggy Feat NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by eikeem(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.

Well written in a truly matured manner. I enjoyed reading your post but completely disagree with it. Apart from image laundering, the gentleman was on TV for one other reason: to clear the air on the issue of recruitment racketeering and/or fraudulent recruitment websites in the name of the organisation. Obviously, he failed to do that.
I think professionalism is about conducting oneself in a way that doesn't contravene the code of conduct of one's profession. The presenters asked a direct question and only wanted a direct answer. It's just like asking for my name. Would you let me off the hook if I gave you excuses rather than tell you my name?
'One on One' is a programme on the NTA; NTA is owned and manipulated by the government; Jigawa state governor was a part of the government then. So, it was only natural for the presenter to protect his 'boss'.
Let's leave the presenters and NBC, and focus on the man that messed up. But then, even the C-in-C hasn't performed better in any of his interviews.

6 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by funmemezy: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2013
Pls is it dat dis man doesn't knw wat website means or wat?"grin one dat we ar goin to make use of is"....I seem not to understnd.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Tobbylobar(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2013
I be wan say ow dos dis affect d price of Gunit....but my oga on top might say otherwise...#thatsall#
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by michaelfreesoul(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Order for "my oga at the top" tees. Just N3000. Contact me on pin:286CCB16 - michael freesoul (MFS)
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Richy4(m): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2013
Why would someone expose this man like this? he is someone's dad for PETE sake . many on this forum have bunch of illiterate parent, uncle, Aunt etc who do not even know how to turn on a computer. they appear here to form levels. He who lives in glass house should not..... sad
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by MindofChrist: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2013
I agree with those who condemned the unprofessional way the journalists handled the issue. I wonder if they really wanted to score some cheap point. The man is definitely ignorant and is not the best to reprsent his organisation, but many Nigerians are equally ignorant of a lot of things they ought to know. I wish this bashing would stop. I will suggest that people who would be interviewed live on national TV should be given an option of having a prior knowledge of the questions so that they can be better prepared. This is not good for the image of the Civil Defence Corps. It is equally bad for the image of the TV Station. I don't think journalists should deliberately embarrass their guests. The embarassment is deliberate and shameful. I also feel organisations should presnt their most eloquesnt and knowledgeable people for any public relations programme of this kind.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by pato405(m): 10:02am On Mar 14, 2013
I can bet even 'oga at the top' can't provide answers to the question.

as a matter of fact, Mr. Shame (sorry Mr. Shem) put up a brilliant effort at answering the question, being able to start his response with a 'www' shows he's much literate than many others 'at the top'. it'll beat you guys silly to know that many 'oga's at the top' know next to nothing and hardly develop themselves intellectually. most of them can't identify what button to press on a computer to get it started nor do they have an email addy. I've worked in many civil service orgs and I'm sure of what I'm saying here. walk into their offices and 9 times out of 10, they are busy with gossips in vernacular, eating amala or flirting. that's 9ja for you, BTW, it's the dawn of a new era, and surely time and tide will weed them all out. ICT age will surely do justice.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by cr7lomo: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2013
U guys aint srs, mimmickin a public officer , is it joblessnees. Its r country nd channels TV sud b blamed cos it shows dat dia presenters r nt highly trained, dey knew d man dint no d question, and instead of dem 2 go on a brk 2 sort out issues, dey dcide 2 embarrass d man on purpose. Its nt d man dat dey wud laf @ in d international community but Nigeria as a whole. Dem gonna say tins like " Nigeria is so unsrs , undedicated and lack advanced knowledge 4 employin dat kind of person and it means all their organisations r run by M....Orons" and y'all lafin.smh
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by codeine123: 10:04am On Mar 14, 2013
This is really funny and sad at the same time.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by pato405(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2013
MindofChrist: I agree with those who condemned the unprofessional way the journalists handled the issue. I wonder if they really wanted to score some cheap point. The man is definitely ignorant and is not the best to reprsent his organisation, but many Nigerians are equally ignorant of a lot of things they ought to know. I wish this bashing would stop. I will suggest that people who would be interviewed live on national TV should be given an option of having a prior knowledge of the questions so that they can be better prepared. This is not good for the image of the Civil Defence Corps. It is equally bad for the image of the TV Station. I don't think journalists should deliberately embarrass their guests. The embarassment is deliberate and shameful.

you & them are either his children, family members or the ones in support of sweeping evidences of incompetence and mediocrity under the carpet.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by vedaxcool(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2013
grin

6 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by cr7lomo: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2013
Dis is a srs mata nd we r bein made fools by r own selves, obasanjo was askd a ? On cnn wen he was president and he embasaaed himself by askin a delegate close 2 him d meanin of d question as he was confused, dora akunliyi( former NAFDAC boss) also embarrassd haself on bbc hardtalk , even r president embarrsd himself wen amanpour askd him bout power supply in Nigeria. Is it dat we r ruled by dumbos, but those r international stations and its above r power 2 control but nt channels a local station, also nt coverin d embarrassmnt 4 d whole world 2 c hw stupid Nigerians r. Smh
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by CocoLoca(f): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2013
cr7lomo.:
U guys aint srs, mimmickin a public officer , is it joblessnees. Its r country nd channels TV sud b blamed cos it shows dat dia presenters r nt highly trained, dey knew d man dint no d question, and instead of dem 2 go on a brk 2 sort out issues, dey dcide 2 embarrass d man on purpose. Its nt d man dat dey wud laf @ in d international community but Nigeria as a whole. Dem gonna say tins like " Nigeria is so unsrs , undedicated and lack advanced knowledge 4 employin dat kind of person and it means all their organisations r run by M....Orons" and y'all lafin.smh
See the quality of your written English, you must be his son! undecided

cr7lomo.:
Dis is a srs mata nd we r bein made fools by r own selves, obasanjo was askd a ? On cnn wen he was president and he embasaaed himself by askin a delegate close 2 him d meanin of d question as he was confused, dora akunliyi( former NAFDAC boss) also embarrassd haself on bbc hardtalk , even r president embarrsd himself wen amanpour askd him bout power supply in Nigeria. Is it dat we r ruled by dumbos, but those r international stations and its above r power 2 control but nt channels a local station, also nt coverin d embarrassmnt 4 d whole world 2 c hw stupid Nigerians r. Smh
Obasanjo DIDN'T make a fool of himself. It is better to ask and receive clarification than to make a fool of yourself like this NSCDC man did. Your English and logic are highly flawed sir. Go take lessons from your oga-at-the-top.

5 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by sadeeq0705: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2013
Teacher: Akpors did you register for Jamb ?

Akpors: No sir, the website didn't open

Teacher: which site did u use?

Akpors: www.jamb that's all

Teacher: what happened to .com

Akpors: my dad on Channels TV said its silent=D

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by funmemezy: 10:14am On Mar 14, 2013
Pls don't blame d interviewrs,its d man dat realy wanted to embarrass hmsef by actin as I'd he knw wat to say wheras he doesn't. He shld hav com straight and dats y dos ppls kept askin thinkin he's gonna bring out somtin reasonabl from his blind arguements. He was asked a questn,y d initial gra gra by sayin "wait wait"as if he was bein pre- empted.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by omenka(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2013
midebays: Vic O invites Oga @ the top

That Vic O guy is absolutely insane!! The day I watched that 'after party' video, I cldnt stop LMAO!! Definately the dopest musician on the block!

A perfect antidote for anger.

@ topic: pple hav been giving the man some credits for what he sed in my opinion. The man sed 'ww.nscdc' and not 'www.nscdc'! Lwkmdfh!!
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by otumfour(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by OGAATTHETOP1: 10:15am On Mar 14, 2013
ALL OF YOU ARE MAD. YOU HAVE NO RESPET FOR CONSTITUTION AUTHORITY. INDISCIPLINED IS THE CHALLENGES OF THIS COUNTRY. YOU THINK YOU CAN TALK ANYHOW AND ABUSE YOUR FATHERS ANYHOW BECAUSE OF INTERNET. UNGRATES, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE NSCDC IS DOING TO PROTECT LAW AND ORDER IN THIS COUNTRY. IS IT THE NSCDC WEBSITE THAT PROTECT YOU OR THE NSCDC STAFF? WILL YOU EAT WEBSITE? GOD PUNISH IRESPONSIBLE MOUTHS SAYING IRESPONSIBLE THINGS ABOUT MY ORGANIZATION. YOU ARE ALL WARNED TO HEREBY DESIT FROM FURTHER EMBARRASMENT TALKS, OR I WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST THIS FORUM.

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by aieromon(m): 10:19am On Mar 14, 2013
cr7lomo.:

What sort of write up is this? Lay out your points in concise English and not shorthand. This is what posters are complaining about and you just buttressed their points.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by timmy(m): 10:22am On Mar 14, 2013
#MyOgaAtTheTop

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Sike(m): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2013
Lmaooooo... Best joke so far in 2013 - My Oga at the Top.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by tintingz(m): 10:26am On Mar 14, 2013
vedaxcool: grin
lolz. . . .i will tell my oga at the top for you... Daz all grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by Sophiegurl(f): 10:26am On Mar 14, 2013
For all those typing rubbish about d interviewers, I totally disagree with u. What they ask d guy was just a simple question of his web addy. Its just like asking for someone's house address. Or asking a little child his/her name. Depending on what u re being interviewed on, I don't believe any member of most international news channel will try to cover up especially when they believe u should know that issue or its ur field they would even look for ways to show viewers that u couldn't answer the question. I remember vividly that of Larry king and one of this infamous American celeb Paris Hilton who couldn't remember any bible verse for someone who claim to have been reading d bible everyday for 21days while in jail.
The guy should have known they would ask him for the web address.for Christ sake he went on air to talk about how people could easily find out everything they need to know about nscdc. Das all!!!

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by DonPazini: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2013
Sex NSCDC STYLE!!

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by tintingz(m): 10:29am On Mar 14, 2013
Sike: Lmaooooo... Best joke so far in 2013 - My Oga at the Top.
Daz all... grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by chux76(m): 10:33am On Mar 14, 2013
OGA AT THE TOP:
ALL OF YOU ARE MAD. YOU HAVE NO RESPET FOR CONSTITUTION AUTHORITY. INDISCIPLINED IS THE CHALLENGES OF THIS COUNTRY. YOU THINK YOU CAN TALK ANYHOW AND ABUSE YOUR FATHERS ANYHOW BECAUSE OF INTERNET. UNGRATES, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE NSCDC IS DOING TO PROTECT LAW AND ORDER IN THIS COUNTRY. IS IT THE NSCDC WEBSITE THAT PROTECT YOU OR THE NSCDC STAFF? WILL YOU EAT WEBSITE? GOD PUNISH IRESPONSIBLE MOUTHS SAYING IRESPONSIBLE THINGS ABOUT MY ORGANIZATION. YOU ARE ALL WARNED TO HEREBY DESIT FROM FURTHER EMBARRASMENT TALKS, OR I WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST THIS FORUM.

Oh my goist...The Org is full of nut-heads..from Oga @ d Top to the okrofo that typed above post,Sheer illiteracy n Incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by gerald09(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2013
Sparkle777: Abeg ooh. E don do. Haba,una don over yab dis man ooh. Make una take am easy on am after all he is still old school. I beg una,make the poor man no come commit suicide because of too much yabbing.

Blame his "oga at d top"
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by tintingz(m): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2013
www dot nairaland dot daz all

Wait lemme ask my oga at the top grin
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by blueeyes1: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2013
michaelfreesoul: Order for "my oga at the top" tees. Just N3000. Contact me on pin:286CCB16 - michael freesoul (MFS)
Sharp dude!
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by obowunmi(m): 10:42am On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.

The reason being, something as simplistic as a website - he didn't know. While I agree that due to the bureaucracy, knowing the website of his organization may not have been his utmost priority - he should have had an intern put together a fact sheet for him.

Everyone uses a fact sheet/this may have helped. But it also shows the organizational problem within bureaucracies in Nigeria.
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by devour129: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2013
Richy.:
Why would someone expose this man like this? he is someone's dad for PETE sake . many on this forum have bunch of illiterate parent, uncle, Aunt etc who do not even know how to turn on a computer. they appear here to form levels. He who lives in glass house should not..... sad
o[b]ur illiterate parents are in there various shops doing what they know how to do\qualified to do.let him go to oshodi market and get a shop.[/b]
Re: Hilarious Photos Of "His Oga At The Top" (NSCDC) by cr7lomo: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2013
4 Play: Those who are knocking the journalists for doing their jobs, holding public officials to account, are sadly misguided. The notion that a public official should be protected from humiliation in TV interviews as he's a guest is bizarre.

The interview is nothing compared to the savage interview techniques of journalists like the BBC's Jeremy Paxman. I think many Nigerians are so used to genuflecting before public officials.

Somtyms I 1da if u guys tink properly b4 postin, hard talk on bbc is a unique programme and dats y its calld hard talk, u nid 2 b xtremely prepared nd couragous 2 sit on dia sit 4 questions. Sunrise on channels aint hard talk. Av seen richard quest ask som top politicians questions nd business moguls questions nd d moment he notices dat his guest dnt undastnd his question, he mvs on. Its let's 4 d viewers 2 grab. Hw many nigerians can operate a bb. Even u urself can get confusd wen askd a question on ur own profession, it happns. D journalists on channels messd up period and any 1 dats makin fun of dis guy is actually childish and sud pls grow up. Hw many dads can operate a computer . U guys sud giv d man a brk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

So Funny Pics To Start Your Week With I Guess So / Nigerians Release Lists Of Kings Greater Than The Oba Of Lagos / Funny Kermit The Frog Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.