Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16758 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
maclatunji: Point of correction Pope Francis, you can only have a dialogue with Muslims not Islam. Outside of that error, you have spoken well as is expected of a leader. However, I will add that people study Islam objectively and independently not through hearsay or what haters say.

@ maclatunji
I believe you are the one that needs to be corrected. Inter-religious dialogue speaks about dialouge between religions say for example Christianity and Islam. The tenets of these religions are what is in contention here. The individuals to discuss these issues is a given. The Catholic Church has used this term and has set guidelines for it since the 1960s when the Second Vatican Council was held. You should reconsider your "correction" if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ceejayluv(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

If that is the case, if it is God that directs discovery of science, one would expect science to quickly find answer to diseases like AIDS and other genetic disorder.

Is God busy now? why hasn't he led us to curing cancer?
Science is the reason you're typing this message via the internet...
If you don't appreciate that then you could log off and blow yourself for all I care
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by HugeMac: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
chinedum45: Humans! From what was posted by op I read....
helping to reduce poverty
preserving or maintaining nature
then peace.
why are u intentionally closing Ur eyes to others and see wrong in dialogue?
DO We need peace in our today's world? If NO den u are devil's advocate and if yes, how do we achieve peace?
the pope said dialogue. What is wrong with that? Has dialogue not been affirmed as the best way to resolution? Why abuse education and profess stupidity to achieve mischievous opinions?
I support the dialogue.
please read revelations pleeaaaaaasse for ur own safety , dont be this deluded.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by BetaThings: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
gboss4sure:

We have studied islam with what we saw with our eyes, we didn't just hear it we have seen and experienced what islam can do to a nation. So what ever opinion we have about islam is due to the activities of islam in the world at large.

Can you dare tell us the history of Christianity and how it was spread?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by obioraop(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
first i direct dis reply to mr latunji seems to me u didnt read tru the article wel enuf d pope spoke in italian rememmber the interpreter is the one u shud hold responsible for the mix up nw to the guy dat has so much hate against the catholic such my bro wil lead u to hell am tired of educated men n women taking trash .frm the illuminate bs to church differences wat makes u tink u re beta dan the rest wat makes u tink u re going to heaven
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons." - 1 Corinthians 10:21

Jesus has nothing to do with false religion.

@ Brethren,

do not be deceived !!!

Your understanding of the scriptures seem myopic. It even portrays you as a self righteous individual because you are Christian. I am Catholic. Have you not read John 10:16 where Jesus said "I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." Dialguoe is about seeking religious tolerance which inevitably breeds peace and cohabitation. Don't be surprised that you'll find a ganstar in heaven which the so could Christians, the heirs of the Kingdom of Heaven would be found in Hell. Seems you've forgotten that Jesus mixed with non-Jews. Have you forgotten so soon of the story of the good Samaritan who helped someone in pain while the so called Chosen people passed by? wake up bro....
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by BetaThings: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
peteregwu: i dont even like the new pope. h is always looking forward to combining islam with christianity. its not possible. the same purpose his predecessors followed. this is unbiblical and uncalled. tis an abomination. what is business with muslims. pls can somebody tell me what is wrong with the pope. why did say muslims worship the true God. ths is just nonsense and deception. if you dont believe me, pls click to open below...just read and dont be deceived. theg are planning to form a one world religion. their aim is to make way for antichrist to come in and rule, which anyone who does not bow to the antichrist(satan) will be killed. you still dont believe me right? dont worry things will begin to unfold very soon. the blible says, " their is nothing hidden under the sun that will not be exposed."

http://christiannews.net/2013/03/21/pope-francis-meets-with-muslim-jewish-leaders-praises-atheists-as-precious-allies/

Your view. We muslims also don't believe that your way leads to salvation
Otherwise we would be Christians too, wouldn't we?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Mcleo007(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Trying to educate the gullible on what the catholic church means when they say dialogue, it has nothing to do with telling them out of love, that they need to believe in Jesus to receive eternal life or they will be forever lost.

The catholic dialogue from experience and practice is an all embracing ecumenical attempt to conglomerate all religions under one umbrella in the name of peace and humanity, while caring less for the integrity and honor of the gospel.

Dude, your knowledge of Christian religion is dubious and laughable. All you do is quote some silly scriptural verses as though that's all life is all about. What the pontiff was advocating is global peace, devoid of sentiments and religious prejudice. The fact Jesus was unable or simply refused to convert all men to his way during his time explains one simple fact your likes fail to acknowledge: all religions and ways of life lead to God. No one religion is superior to the other as is the case with the human race. God did not create just humans in the world. He created stones, trees and more others. Every creation has a purpose to complement the other. So is religion. The pope knws this, and so do other enlightened minds except your likes.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ceejayluv(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
peteregwu:

u dont seem to understand what is going on beneath, my sister. the pope wants to lure all religions together in other to bring about one world religion, to pave way for the man of sin to come in and rule for 7yrs, just like the bible told us. this is in the bible. look at the man u are listening to, what does he have to offer you? now you have believed him just because he said muslims are worshipping the true God. this is somebody that worahipps ido(queen of heaven). let me tell you that the catholic is a dofferent religion entirely from christianity.
BULL$HIT..... Catholic church was the ONLY church prior to protestant breakaways....
And what's all that crap about world religion and man of sin?? He's preaching fucking religious tolerance!! What did you expect him to do?- declare war on other religions??
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by bukatyne(f): 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mcleo007:

Dude, your knowledge of Christian religion is dubious and laughable. All you do is quote some silly scriptural verses as though that's all life is all about. What the pontiff was advocating is global peace, devoid of sentiments and religious prejudice. The fact Jesus was unable or simply refused to convert all men to his way during his time explains one simple fact your likes fail to acknowledge: all religions and ways of life lead to God. No one religion is superior to the other as is the case with the human race. God did not create just humans in the world. He created stones, trees and more others. Every creation has a purpose to complement the other. So is religion. The pope knws this, and so do other enlightened minds except your likes.

Hi mcleo007,

All religions can't lead to God except if you are talking about different Gods.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by HugeMac: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
lexio:

Your understanding of the scriptures seem myopic. It even portrays you as a self righteous individual because you are Christian. I am Catholic. Have you not read John 10:16 where Jesus said "I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." Dialguoe is about seeking religious tolerance which inevitably breeds peace and cohabitation. Don't be surprised that you'll find a ganstar in heaven which the so could Christians, the heirs of the Kingdom of Heaven would be found in Hell. Seems you've forgotten that Jesus mixed with non-Jews. Have you forgotten so soon of the story of the good Samaritan who helped someone in pain while the so called Chosen people passed by? wake up bro....
They too will listen to his voice, and follow Jesus christ, If they dont follow christ then they re not of his flock.
So dialogue with muslims is to get them to follow christ for salvation, not to negotiate peace and humanity therby relegating following Jesus to the back.
People are waiting for one anti christ that will look evil and start killing christains, No his deceive he is intention will look Good but they are not from christ, anti christ so u see u contradict Yourself .
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
bukatyne:

Hi mcleo007,

All religions can't lead to God except if you are talking about different Gods.

You this gal, when are you going to leave this your confused several 'Gods' theory?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by shamson: 9:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Dialogue for the purpose of what ?

Is the purpose to show them the way , the truth and the life which is JESUS ? or is it to make peace with them and leave them with a false sense of security , that we will all make it into God' eternal kingdom irrespective of what we do with Jesus , and his great work of salvation , especially how we conduct ourselves to this regard.

Knowing what Pope John Paul II did to embrace all false religion, it seems to be the way with this so called mother church , accepting all and sundry , without any regard to the way this affects the integrity of the gospel.

I will keep saying it forever, the catholic church does not represent Jesus the Christ.

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." - Acts 4;12

Frosbel is a big fool who will not listen to anything accept the unproven belief he inherited from his parent.I have no doubt that if somebody of this nature found himself a muslim, his believe will not in any way different from those of Boko Haram.

So, frosbel is nothing but a BOKO HARAM CHRISTIAN who we do anything to force his religion/believe down the throat of any one

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
lexio:

Muslims, Jews , poor , rich , me and you are all invited, free of charge to partake of the Lord's table , but only Through Jesus.

Jesus also said :

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Again, I care not what you worship or who you follow, just don't call it what it is not.

I personally mix with all religions and all races but the line is drawn when we start to qualify who is a Child of God and who is not. Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to die for their sins will receive eternal life. Period.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
shamson:

Frosbel is a big fool who will not listen to anything accept the unproven belief he inherited from his parent.I have no doubt that if somebody of this nature found himself a muslim, his believe will not in any way different from those of Boko Haram.

So, frosbel is nothing but a BOKO HARAM CHRISTIAN who we do anything to force his religion/believe down the throat of any one

Call me AlQeda, BOKO HARAM , it all means zilch to me and is like water of a ducks back, but hey if it makes your feet tingle, fine with me grin

btw , i do not follow or belong to any religion, I just aim to follow Jesus all the way .

Besides, I am not forcing you or anyone to follow Jesus , just stating facts as per article.

I respect your belief but don't try to corrupt mine with fallacious rubbish !!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mcleo007:

Dude, your knowledge of Christian religion is dubious and laughable.

First point pal, Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life by means of conforming to the image of Christ , and reflecting his virtues to the world , for the glorifying of God and salvation of men and women.

All you do is quote some silly scriptural verses as though that's all life is all about.

Well for me the word of God is my spiritual food and milk. Oh , lest I forget, I also have a life at my work place and with beloved family , and of course my friends who I have a lively drink with once in a while. cheesy

What the pontiff was advocating is global peace, devoid of sentiments and religious prejudice.

Peace without submission to the order of GOD is no peace but false peace.

Listen to what Paul said, he saw all this thousands of years ago :

"When people are saying, "Everything is peaceful and secure," then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman's labor pains begin. And there will be no escape." - 1 Thessalonians 5:3

Daniel also saw the same eons ago when he said :

"And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand." - Daniel 8:25

The Pope cannot bring peace, he is not in concord with Christ and is not anointed for this purpose. Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and only he is able to bring lasting peace to this disturbed world.

The fact Jesus was unable or simply refused to convert all men to his way during his time explains one simple fact your likes fail to acknowledge: all religions and ways of life lead to God.

Wrong, he did not refuse to convert everyone, he went about with his disciples preaching the gospel and when he resurrected from the dead commissioned Paul to reach out to the gentiles.

"And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God's special olive tree." - Romans 11:17

No one religion is superior to the other as is the case with the human race.

Christianity is not a religion.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by proo212(m): 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Frosbel, disregard the attacks. You're not the first and sure won't be the last to be attacked for saying what is true.

On another note, can our brothers and sisters in Africa see why an African could never have been elected Pope? It was always going to be a Pope that will be "inclusive" that would be elected and definitely not a conservative looking one.

The signs are there for all to see but obviously some fail to see. In another thread that vedaxcool opened about the Francis and Benedict having "issues" about Benedicts comment in Regensburg in 2006. So its pretty clear what is happening. All the bets were on Angelo Scola (if you are in doubt, search for news stories after Benedict stepped down) because of what he stood for (wanted to have a dialogue with Islam) and towards the conclave he became favourites but the conclave obviously knew what we didnt know and chose Pope Francis I.

An Indonesian city government demolished a church in front of its weeping congregation Thursday, as Muslim protesters egged on workers and branded the Christians "infidels".
Dozens in the 100-strong congregation wailed as a digger tore down the brick walls, with worshippers accusing the government of "criminalising our religion", in a sign of increasing intolerance in the world's largest Muslim-majority nation.
"My heart is aching and I feel numb watching my church collapse. I went to this church for 11 years," Megarenta Sihite, 46, told AFP, wiping away tears as fellow worshippers, dressed in black, hugged each other.
"Our church can collapse but not our faith. We will continue to come here for Sunday mass."
As the walls of the Taman Sari Batak Christian Protestant Church -- at the centre of a planning row -- crumbled, police in Bekasi city on the outskirts of Jakarta, dispersed 200 Muslim women who sneaked onto the church land chanting Koranic verses.
Along the road Muslim protesters held back by a police cordon had chanted "Knock the church down now", and "Allahu Akbar" (God is greater).
One man shouted through a loudspeaker: "They're infidels and they've built their church without permission."
Members of the congregation had earlier begged the Bekasi city government to halt the demolition, with children clutching signs reading "please do not dismantle our church".
Reverend Advent Nababan shed tears as the building was pulled down. "You just witnessed the government criminalising our religion," he said.
The local government had ordered the demolition of the church for being built, in October 2012, without a legal permit.
However the congregation said the permit was repeatedly and unfairly rejected after they had spent 13 years worshipping at the site unopposed in a temporary shelter.
Nababan said the church had obtained broad support from the Muslim community before building started. Several neighbours confirmed with AFP they had no problem with a church in the vicinity.
Ninety percent of Indonesia's 240 million people identify themselves as Muslim and the country's constitution guarantees freedom of religion.
The Setara Institute of Peace and Democracy, however, says cases of intolerance are on the rise, with 543 incidents reported in 2011, up from 491 cases in 2009. More than 300 incidents were recorded in the first half of 2012.
Christians are among the main targets, along with worshippers who follow the Ahmadiyah and Shiite Islamic minority sects.
Setara deputy director Bonar Tigor Naipospos said the permit issue was being used as an "excuse".
"The problem is the government has shown no political will to stop cases of intolerance in the country. It does not demand the law be upheld and that perpetrators are brought to account," he said.
The Batak Protestant Church has been at the forefront of attacks in the greater district of Bekasi. One congregation was pelted with rotten eggs and urine by Muslim hardliners who denied them entrance to their land, forcing them onto the street.
Naipospos said more of the 39 Batak Christian Protestant houses of worship in Bekasi were likely to face trouble as only 10 had been granted building permits.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/indonesian-city-tears-down-church-front-worshippers-112920503.html
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Wsdm: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
BetaThings:

Your view. We muslims also don't believe that your way leads to salvation
Otherwise we would be Christians too, wouldn't we?
In addition; how can one even practice a religion which can not even know who to call God?
They said Jesus is the son of God.
They call him God;
They also ascribe the arch enjel ( hole ghost) as God.
To confuse the whole thing; they said all are God but have diffused into each other to become ONE. What else can they say of the true God that can be true?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by gerald09(m): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
From all I've read here I can safely conclude that the world as Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ know it shall have no peace...and Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have religion to thank for it.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by KazaaUpload: 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
He seems like a people's pope, very in touch with the people and the common man.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by LagosShia: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

Muslims, Jews , poor , rich , me and you are all invited, free of charge to partake of the Lord's table , but only Through Jesus.

Jesus also said :

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Again, I care not what you worship or who you follow, just don't call it what it is not.

I personally mix with all religions and all races but the line is drawn when we start to qualify who is a Child of God and who is not. Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to die for their sins will receive eternal life. Period.

my dear frosbel,

you're issuing words and slogans without meaning.

if we are to follow "Jesus is the way,the life and the truth",which I as a Muslim can tell you we do,can you explain to us how you're following that "way,life and truth"? how do you practicalize it? you consider the catholics to be idol-worshippers and not Christians.and you reject the trinity,and you're not a Jehovah's witness.obviously,you're on your own Christianity.do you want to claim Jesus (as) spoke to you as Paul lied?

frosbel:

So human beings are now saved by :

1. Screaming there is one GOD

Mark 12:29
Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD.

2. washings hands and feet
Exodus 40:31-32
and Moses and Aaron and his sons used it to wash their hands and feet.They washed whenever they entered the Tent of Meeting or approached the altar, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Acts 21:26
Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

3. Praying 5 times a day facing ONLY Mecca
Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.

Isaiah 38:2
"Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD".

1 Kings 8:44-45
"When you command your people to go into battle against their enemies and they pray to you, wherever they are, facing this city which you have chosen and this Temple which I have built for you, listen to their prayers. Hear them in heaven and give them victory".

4. Going on pilgrimage
Psalm 84:4-7
"Blessed are those who dwell in your house;they are ever praising you.Selah Blessed are those whose strength is in you,who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.As they pass through the Valley of Baca,they make it a place of springs;the autumn rains also cover it with pools.They go from strength to strength,till each appears before God in Zion.Hear my prayer, O Lord God Almighty;listen to me, O God of Jacob.Selah Look upon our shield,c O God;look with favor on your anointed one.Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield;the Lord bestows favor and honor;no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Lord Almighty,blessed is the man who trusts in you.

5. Giving alms.
Not Helpful

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

Do you really think these works of the flesh and traditions of men , which by the way are also practised by many other religions around the world, will save you on the last day ?
you keep telling us about following Jeuss (as),yet you oppose his instructions,which Muslims carry out.

you keep telling us about getting the "holy spirit",when even your Trinitarian and catholic foes claim the same "holy spirit".how then would this "holy spirit" be acquired,if its not by following the commandments Jesus (as) ordered you uphold?

You think God cares about the outward appearance and outward show of the flesh ? Even the devils believe in one GOD and tremble but they are not saved, not now,not ever.

Only a holy life lived by the Power of the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus will save you , young woman.

Without holiness, no man or woman will see God , despite their frantic and fanatical efforts to please him by their own effort while rejecting his Son who was sent for the redemption of all mankind.

how did you get your own "holiness"? lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
^^^^

Not one insult in your essay above , I am surprised !!

Welcome back bro, grin
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by LagosShia: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Not one insult in your essay above , I am surprised !!

Welcome back bro, grin

respect beget respect.check your post too.

thanks.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by TheSaintz: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
I laff when I hear people say that they don't believe in God. A satanist will say he does not believe in God and then preach how islam is violent, how pastor feed on the congregation, then convert some people that will now b preaching that they don't believe in God without having a deeper understanding of what is going on.
In 1992 I can remember I laffed at a preacher that said that in the end times there will b two witness sent from God(revelation 11), that they will be killed d by the antichrist and the whole world will b watching their bodies for three days, when we ask him how will the whole world b watching them,the preacher said he does not know but that is wat the bible says, I can remember my friend telling the mother that why can't the preacher use his head,must we be born again by force, that how many rich people can even afford satelite not to talk of paying for subscrition but today from my fone I can watch watever I want
Whether islam is violent or pastor molest children it does not change one world from scriture
He says all this things shall come to pass but not a jot from the word of God will go unfulfilled
The angel in Gen 16:12 says he shall be a wild man, his hand shall b against everyman and everyman against him and shall dwell in the presnce of all his brethern
Whether we like believe it or not but the scripture will not b fulfilled without islam
The whole world will be forced to come together to look for peace as stated in the bible and this is already happening before our eyes, all waiting for the man of peace, Europe is in finacial crises waiting for a Financial messiah that will end up enslaving everyone
I'm not here to convince anyone but to state the obvious as stated also in Rev 22:11 he that is unjust, let him be unjust still, he who is filthy let him be filthy still,.... he who is holy let him be holy still
The world has been scripted,and event are playing out accordingly
If a book as old as time has things that r being fulfiled in ur eyes I wonder what other scientific proof u want. I would rather die a fool and discover there is no heaven that be wise in my own eyes and find out there is eternity, guess what eternity is longer than this life
So islam is not the issue look beyond islam and you will see world event adding up to a climax in preparation for the man they call the antichrist

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by aurenflani: 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 1:18

Did Jesus uttered those words? No.

You follow Paul jor. And Jesus never knew Paul yet your following a man Jesus will say to him, "Depart from me! You that worked iniquity."

Paul contradicted Jesus in everything that is why you lots are at a lost whenever you're confronted with a question regarding the you basic belief on salvation!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by shamson: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel: The Pope can have a dialogue on behalf of the catholic church but he certainly does not speak for the Head of the Church, Christ Jesus the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who said :

"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture." - John 10:9

No other way will suffice , but his enemies represent the false way as Jesus mentioned :

"The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it." - John 10:12
Give Quran a try buy and read one today and stop listening to the hater who are only in this world to gather wealth through the lost sheep.
Try Quran today:
“Only in remembrance of Allah (swt) will
your heart find peace.” (Qur’an 13:28)
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Aksally(m): 12:15am On Mar 23, 2013
The clock is counting down. Knowledge is increasing. The last piece will fall into place when the Pope will visit the Kabbah in Mecca and bow and worship the stone; the begining of the end.

The world has not known peace since creation. The very day it does is the very day existence of all forms stops.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:17am On Mar 23, 2013
If Hausa/Fulani including Arab will practice the type of Islam practicing by Yoruba in Nigeria d world will b a better place
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 4:25am On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji: Point of correction Pope Francis, you can only have a dialogue with Muslims not Islam. Outside of that error, you have spoken well as is expected of a leader. However, I will add that people study Islam objectively and independently not through hearsay or what haters say.
i'm quite sure d pope has d quran and hadith.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 4:30am On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel:

Good.

So do you accept that Pope John Paul II erred when he implied that all religions led to God ?

Or are the images below your idea of dialogue ?

Kissing Quran

[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/popeandbuddhist.jpg[/img]
In Buddhist temple

[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/popeandshivamark.jpg[/img]
Pope takes in his forehead the pagan idol mark
hahaha pagan idol mark? I guess u've never been to india
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 4:32am On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel:

Trying to educate the gullible on what the catholic church means when they say dialogue, it has nothing to do with telling them out of love, that they need to believe in Jesus to receive eternal life or they will be forever lost.

The catholic dialogue from experience and practice is an all embracing ecumenical attempt to conglomerate all religions under one umbrella in the name of peace and humanity, while caring less for the integrity and honor of the gospel.
then u clearly have no knowledge of catholic dialogue. And i'm not surprised that you speak of what you do no know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.