Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam (16753 Views)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. / Christianity Does Not Have Anything In Common With Islam / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: the above is a myth formed in ur fantasy.
I'm a catholic christian.
there is nothing like 'a catholic christian' u are a christian or a NON CHRISTIAN(unbeliever) dont decieve urself, there is ' catholic faith which is completly dif from the 'christian faith' . NOTE: YOU CAN NOT BE A CATHOLIC ANDE A CHRISTIAN.. its not possible. Can one animal be goat and sheep?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by mko2005: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji:

And the Bible was written by people whom you blindly follow even when it is obvious that divinity cannot be shared. Belief in a totally wrong teaching would be to achieve what? Eternal damnation?
An egg can not be seen as an egg if there is no shell,yoke and the egg white ! In divinity,There is the father.HE has got a spirit and a son whom he sent so we can see the works of the father through HIM !
Ur own quran asked you to believe in all 'prophets'of Allah. You claim Jesus isn't the son of God but HIS messenger,how come sura 19:33 said that the infant Jesus spoke ''peace be upon me the day i was born,the day i will die and the day i will be resurrected ?'' The quran said Jesus said this but ur prophet said u should believe in HIM and at the same time not believe HE was dead and resurrected?
I do not think we need all of this argument but my prayer for all is to find out the truth while there is still light !
God bless us
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by mko2005: 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
christemmbassey: there is nothing like 'a catholic christian' u are a christian or a NON CHRISTIAN(unbeliever) dont decieve urself, there is ' catholic faith which is completly dif from the 'christian faith' . NOTE: YOU CAN NOT BE A CATHOLIC ANDE A CHRISTIAN.. its not possible. Can one animal be goat and sheep?
Please do not be too hard on people.Say ur truth with all subtlety and let God be praised !
God help us
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Wsdm: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
shdemidemi:

If u need answers to questions/concerns, please search and ask.
It takes a whole lot of explanation and untangling to make a kid believe water can come in different forms.
Be it solid, liquid or gas does not change the fact that it remains water.

Jesus was named Emmanuel (God with us)
He came to the world the way no one ever came and would ever come: He did not come through sexual intercourse between a man and a woman
He felt pain like u and I while in the World.
He came to fulfil what you and I can never be justified by in our sinful body.
And how about Adam that was not born of a woman and a man?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by mko2005: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel: I think there is some little misunderstanding.

I am 100% for living in peace with all men and women, whatever their religion , background etc, and in my own personal life this is the case. For example I interact and chill out with Muslims, Hindus etc.

But the peace the pope is talking about is a rather different kind, it is a peace that says we should just accept all belief systems as valid and not bother telling people about the work of salvation wrought by God through his Son , Christ Jesus, when he was crucified for the sins of all men to save us , not from only sin but eternal death. To this I cannot agree.

Besides the Pope is the spokesman for Catholics not all Christians.

@ Vedaxcool , I ask these questions :

1. Peace on what terms ?
2. On whose terms
3. How can over 100 religions agree that they all valid paths to the same God ? You and I know quite well, we believe there is one GOD , how can we integrate the millions of gods of the Hindus for example.

It is far more complex than most of you think.

You will have to trivialise and reject the greatest work of mankind , the salvation brought to us by God in his Son, to make us live in a peace of religious alliance.

Peace to all , and I mean it in Jesus name.
There can not be peace in this world until Jesus returns !
'Since the days of John the baptist,the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force' Meaning John has been shouting repent,accept Christ HE who is to come and is greater than I.Change from ur evil ways and be counted as saved.In the long run,he paid with his head !
See below story to tell you that Jesus must be preached to all in the world until he comes back. Remember HE gave us a mandate to go into the world and preach the good news and HE made us to understand that we might or will be persecuted for HIS sake.So why should i shut up,not preach Jesus again to the unsaved just becos i want to live in peace with all men on earth ? Even the devil will not allow peace to reign even if i decide to pocket Jesus !
Mathew 16:15-16 ''And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
''

See below what apostle Paul did concerning unbelievers,he did not shut up seen these people did not believe in Jesus:
''Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.
Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.
Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.
And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?
For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.
(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)
Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
So Paul departed from among them.
Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them''
Jesus never asked us to stop preaching to unbelievers rather he said if they welcome us not,we should leave their homes,dust our sandals and go-Mark 6:11 And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Jesus is lord of all and desires their souls to be saved and not damned !
God bless us
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Please do not be too hard on people.Say ur truth with all subtlety and let God be praised !
God help us
the TRUTH is 'CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIANITY'. You are only a christian if you accept Jesus as ur personal Lord and Saviour,, he gives you a new heart/life, and u can never worship stones, woods, rotten flesh or bones, u cant be involved in cults that predisposes u to crave for boys and young men anus instead of geting urself a wife. God forbids, catholicism is not christianity.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Wsdm: And how about Adam that was not born of a woman and a man?
Adam and Eve were divine untiil the fall. "And God created man in his own image". Gen 1:27., when man disobeyed God, man died(spiritually) ie, man lost his divinity. And Christ came to restore that divinity man lost by giving every christian eternal life(zoe) that divine life that made God God.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by mko2005: 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
Wsdm: And how about Adam that was not born of a woman and a man?
What about adam that was not born of a woman ? Jesus with his father made adam-Collosians 1:15-17''The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.''
Who could have given birth to Adam ? There was no woman anywhere as at then !Besides,God wanted HIS son to be 100 percent man and 100 percent spirit !
God help us all
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by mko2005: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
tiwasiaife: Mr man ur becoming too irritatn. God owns the heaven he decides whom he addmits into it he may addmit a muslim,a pagan and a christian. 4 clearity sake read abt the parable of a farmer who hired labourers into his farm at diff hours and c wat he told the 1st labourer after he tried to revolt of been the 1st he recruited. Be wise least u miss heaven.
I thank God for the mercy of Jesus Christ and HIS grace upon our lives ! If in the long run it turns out that there are other ways to go to the father having seen Jesus,then i will say Jesus lied to us !Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.-John 14:16 God can not lie.Let's live the sayings of men and follow the word of God. Heaven is for me by inheritance.Jesus as the first born of God and i also a child of God,the father can not lie !
I have friends,boss' and colleagues who are muslims but i tell them the content of my bible when the need arises. We do not war becos i tel them that our God(son)said that NO ONE can go to the father except by HIM! We do not have to fight over it.I attend occasions with them and they also love me as a good friend.I pray for them every now and then and try to preach Jesus subtly!
If i get to heaven and find my muslim brothers,pagans, Hindu,shinto,budha and oprah followers in heaven,i will not complain,infact i will be happy and will also ask Jesus my lord what HE meant by no one goes to the father except by HIM !
God help us
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by vedaxcool(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: the bolded is a lie, the pope didn't say or imply the bolded. You are simply lying. I told you earlier to read his full speech, did he say anything like stop preaching about christ? Oga stop your lying jor.

You would notice I have refuse trading words with him, ever since he was exposed as telling lies against Pope Francis, we know before u guys the sort of man he is one whose fanaticism short circuits every functional brain cell in his head time to time, the same individual back in 2011 made a living attacking Islam and now unfortunately for u catholics it is your turn who next, people like frosbel are found in every religion, they think they know all, and hence act irrationally regardless of the sort of evidence in his face!

When religions dialogue with one another they do not necessary accept each others validity rather they accept their rights to coexist with each other and live in peace unfortunately our mr. Know all can't seem to get this simple fact!
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
Another bomb gone off in Kano and we should have dialogue ?

Peace and Violence cannot belong to the team.

To associate Jesus the Prince of Peace with the perpetrators of war and violence is a big NO NO.

"Deliver us (me) from those who do iniquity And save us (me) from men of bloodshed." - Psalm 59:2
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by africanchampion(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=frosbel]of course he would , two sides of the same coin, Islam and Catholicism.

of course Islam and Cathloticsm have a lot in common....
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by vedaxcool(m): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Lol grin desperation of the highest order when one resort to using multiple ids then truly all is lost . . .
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
christemmbassey: y do u ppl practice the bible? The ram eating idel is it not the story of Abraham(IBRAHIM) and Isaac(Isa)? islam is a variant of judaism+pagan, thats y it survives on violence and blood.

That is what you have been told and never bothered to research independently. We don't 'practice the bible'. Islam is the religion that is ordained for man since Adam was created, the story of Abraham is in the Quran and significantly different from the Bible.

Your ignorance is exposed when you say Isa (Jesus) is Isaac (AS). It was actually Ishmael that was to be sacrificed not Isaac (AS).
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji:

That is what you have been told and never bothered to research independently. We don't 'practice the bible'. Islam is the religion that is ordained for man since Adam was created, the story of Abraham is in the Quran and significantly different from the Bible.

Your ignorance is exposed when you say Isa (Jesus) is Isaac (AS). It was actually Ishmael that was to be sacrificed not Isaac (AS).

[img]http://4.bp..com/-UUMR2DkeoHM/UJwJMc-M4II/AAAAAAAABoU/1N4QG2Gtyb0/s1600/True-False.png[/img]
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by nakash: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
I will ask Pope Francis to have a dialogue with muslims on the following one issue. Was Jesus crucified? If Muslims believe if was not where is their proof or early writings to support them?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by nakash: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
I will ask Pope Francis to have a dialogue with muslims on the following one issue. Was Jesus crucified? If Muslims believe he was not where is their proof or early writings to support them?
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by lillya(f): 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
I pity some guys.the way some folks criticize other peoples belief cracks me up like they have made it to heaven already .I mean regardless of what you think is the best region (church or whatever),Heavenly father will show mercy to whom he chooses romans 9 15-18. Other than pointing fingers pray that you find favour in his sight,Love him and your neighbours. Thatz the way I see it
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by christemmbassey(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji:

koran copied and pasted bible wrongly.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
ceejayluv:
BULL$HIT..... Catholic church was the ONLY church prior to protestant breakaways....
And what's all that crap about world religion and man of sin?? He's preaching fucking religious tolerance!! What did you expect him to do?- declare war on other religions??

which one be bull shit now? any cow or ram shit for your house? where bullshit take come from now? who told you that? my friend there are many churches then that you know not of. just because catholic is claiming to be the only church in existence does not mean it is the true church. Jesus says, "i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail over it." the church is not the building according to the bible, the church is every individual christians following the words of the bible dully. so catholic church na babalawo church...cos they worship idol(images) and the pray with chaplets. Jesus says, "by their fruits you shall know them."
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
BetaThings:

Your view. We muslims also don't believe that your way leads to salvation
Otherwise we would be Christians too, wouldn't we?

i know that, and am not begging you to believe. it is only God that is drawing people to Jesus and no man. it has been so from the foundation of the world. it takes the grace of God for one to belive in Jesus.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Wsdm: In addition; how can one even practice a religion which can not even know who to call God?
They said Jesus is the son of God.
They call him God;
They also ascribe the arch enjel ( hole ghost) as God.
To confuse the whole thing; they said all are God but have diffused into each other to become ONE. What else can they say of the true God that can be true?

You wrong about the Holy Ghost. the holy ghost is the Spirit of God and Jesus is the Son of God an also God. please take note that you can not understand what is in my house except you come into my house. that is how it is, you cant understand who Jesus or holy ghost is except you come into Jesus. else you will be ignorant of this and continue to argue till d end.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel:

No one follows Men, the Bible was written with Holy Spirit inspirtation.

Jesus's divinity is by connection to his Father as the Son.

Jesus is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE to GOD , there is no other way.

Holy spirit inspiration? I laugh in Mandarin. When a Christian is cornered, they quickly come up with the 'Holy Spirit' excuse. #Confusiongalore

So you mean several authors writing conflicting accounts of historical events is inspired by one 'Holy Spirit'. I am sorry but Greek Mythology has more coherence than this.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
[quote author=Ubenedictus] what u lack is understanding! So if i call d muslims in my area for dialogue so as to stop a constant muslim-xtian massacre dat means i'm combining two religion?
My dear....[/

i understand what u mean, but the pope case is different. you will not understand my friend. we dont hate muslims, afterall Jesus says, "love those that hate you and pray for them". so bro muslim is not the problem here. but we here proclaiming the deception of pope.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by shdemidemi(m): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
maclatunji:

The case of Jesus with God is like the case
of Adam. He created him from dust, and
then He said to him, “Be!” and he came
into being. (Quran, 3:59)

You are speculating on what is mere conjecture. Eve had no mother, so shall we say she is also divine?

Well tough, I believe the Bible
The issue of the creation of Adam is different if and only if you understand the difference between this world and the earth
The world is a system that will come to an end
The earth will remain even after the world is gone
Adam and Eve were created in the earth before the fall into the world.
The meek shall inherit the earth and not the world.
I reaffirm that only Jesus was born into the world in that manner.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
lillya: I pity some guys.the way some folks criticize other peoples belief cracks me up like they have made it to heaven already .I mean regardless of what you think is the best region (church or whatever),Heavenly father will show mercy to whom he chooses romans 9 15-18. Other than pointing fingers pray that you find favour in his sight,Love him and your neighbours. Thatz the way I see it

is like you have not been reading most of the post here. we are disputing about religion. we are condemning what pope is doing, he who claims to be a christian, which also brought about muslims arguing with us. an point of correction, Jesus is the only way an the only way of receiving mercy from God. God cant show mercy to anyone except through His Son. if anyone does jot believ on the son, the person is doomed forever, no matter his charity donation. if the person like, let him feed the whole nation.

John 3:16-18 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by peteregwu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
John 3:16-18 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by amanda2013(f): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
hmmmm i pity some folks here.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by amanda2013(f): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
self rigtousness wil lead some ppl to hell. Wat is wrong wt wat the pope said!

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by Ubenedictus(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
christemmbassey: there is nothing like 'a catholic christian' u are a christian or a NON CHRISTIAN(unbeliever) dont decieve urself, there is ' catholic faith which is completly dif from the 'christian faith' . NOTE: YOU CAN NOT BE A CATHOLIC ANDE A CHRISTIAN.. its not possible. Can one animal be goat and sheep?
hahahaha, you are deluded. I repeat i'm a catholic christian, if catholic cant be xtians neither can protestant, protestanism is an offshoot of catholicism.
I wonder at you delusion.
Re: Pope Francis Urges For Dialogue With Islam by maclatunji: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
christemmbassey: koran copied and pasted bible wrongly.

Typical, Christians have a knack for 'Christianising' everything up to the point that some of you call Mosques, 'Hausa Church'. I am not so surprised with your claims, you cannot see human history beyond the lens of Christianity. #Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu Celebrates 60th Wedding Anniversary / 22 Things Christ Followers Should Totally Quit / More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.