Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10428 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
Why do Muslim pray the way they do?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
If you are going to hide my comment , you can at least answer my question. Isn't that the aim of this thread
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Good morning deols.
My question goes thus, "Mohammed (SAW) at one time, split the moon in two when some people didnt believe his messages. Please, where is the second moon today? We only see one around the earth. Where did the second moon go?"
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
i'm curious, how do strict muslims on the site see it if, for example, you're on a thread and x rated pictures are posted?

do you make special prayers to cleanse yourselves afterwards, or you just ignore the suggestive photos. Does it affect your "spirituality", or it just doesnt faze you at all.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 10, 2013
I don't understand the purpose of starting this thread. Why would you say that questions about Islam and Muslims are welcomed here and when those questions are asked you ignore them and leave the asker hanging? Why would you do that?
Do you have any idea how annoying that is? Maybe you people are on a mission to increase the hatred and resentment non muslims have for you.
Anyway this is my question and I will like it to be answered:
Why does the koran claim that Muhammed was illiterate when he could actually read and write?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_pen_and_paper
Is there some kind of contexual explanation behind this?

Thank you
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:
i'm curious, how do strict muslims on the site see it if, for example, you're on a thread and x rated pictures are posted?
Is it a must you read such threads that contain phonography? Allah
said in the glorious Quran in surah An-Nur 24;30-''Tell the believing men to lower their gaze(from looking at forbidden things)and guard their private parts(from illegal sexual acts).That is purer for them.Verily,Allah is All-acquainted of what they do''.
So if you enter such thread without knowing that it contains X rated pics in the first instance and it's unintentional,the moment you realised it contains such things,then you should leave it.As prophet muhammed(pbuh)said in an authentic hadith that if you look at something forbidden unintentionally,the first glance is permitted but the second glance is forbidden.And Allah knows best.

do you make special prayers to cleanse yourselves afterwards, or you just ignore the suggestive photos. Does it affect your "spirituality", or it just doesnt faze you at all.

Prevention is better than cure.The mind is a very delicate,it tends to focus on what the eyes see.Prophet muhammed(pbuh)said in an authentic hadith that the zina(adultery) of the eyes is looking at forbidden things.The more forbidden things you look,the more your heart tends to focus on it and may or could destabilize someone's spirituality.Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2013
cmega123: Good morning deols.
My question goes thus, "Mohammed (SAW) at one time, split the moon in two when some people didnt believe his messages. Please, where is the second moon today? We only see one around the earth. Where did the second moon go?"
Nowhere in that hadith does it says that after splitting the moon into two,one goes one way and the other the other way.After prophet muhammed(pbuh) split the moon to show the quraish pagans that asked for a sign,it joined together again to form a whole(As it was before the splitting),there's only one moon.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Why do Muslim pray the way they do?
We pray that way because Allah(swt)our creator knows we require programming to function very well.There are many things that people see around them that easily destabilize them and also SOLAT prevents from unjust and shameful deeds[surah Al-Ankabout 29;45].For a healthy body,it requires a minimum of three daily meals.Similarly for a healthy soul,it requires a minimum of five times daily prayers[Surah Al-Isra 17:78,Al-Anbiyaa 20:130].SOLAT which we muslims pray doesn't mean ordinary prayer because apart from praying to Allah,we also praise,thank and seek guidance from Him in SOLAT.The most important part of the SOLAT is the sujood(prostration)and all prophets of God(peace be upon them all)which were sent to mankind do prostrate(Fell on their faces).It's mentioned in the Book of Genesis 17;3 that Abraham(pbuh)fell on his face and pray to God.In Book of Numbers 20;6 said Moses(pbuh) and Aaron(pbuh)fell upon their faces and pray to God.In Gospel of Matthew 26;39,Jesus(pbuh)fell upon his face and pray to God.In the Book of Joshua,it says Joshua fell upon his face and worship God.And today,science tells us that the mind is not directly under our control,but the body is directly under our control,so to humble the mind you should humble the body.We muslims,to humble our mind we put the highest part of the body(forehead) on the lowest part of the floor and then Say Glory be to Allah,most high three times.And hope that answers your question......Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
NL member: I don't understand the purpose of starting this thread. Why would you say that questions about Islam and Muslims are welcomed here and when those questions are asked you ignore them and leave the asker hanging? Why would you do that?
Do you have any idea how annoying that is? Maybe you people are on a mission to increase the hatred and resentment non muslims have for you.
Anyway this is my question and I will like it to be answered:
Why does the koran claim that Muhammed was illiterate when he could actually read and write?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_pen_and_paper
Is there some kind of contexual explanation behind this?

Thank you
The Prophet(pbuh)was an unlettered man.However,after he was bestowed with his Prophethood,he was taught how to read.Imam Aul Abbas al Qurtubi the commentator of Sahih Muslim has proven from such hadith like the one you have stated in your link that Prophet(pbuh)knew how to read and write,he also answered how this does not oppose him being an Ummi Prophet and he uses the verse of the Quran of surah Al-Ankabout 29:48-''Neither did you(O muhammed)read any book before it(this Quran)nor did you write any book(whatsoever)with your right hand.In that case,indeed the followers of falsehood might have doubted''.He[Imam Aul Abass Al Qurtubi]further states that this will be considered as your miracle and will ADD MORE TO THE TRUTHFULNESS OF YOUR PROPHETHOOD[Refer to Al-Mufhim (4/637-638)]Imam Badr ud-din Ayni (rah),Imam al-Qadhi Iyaadh(rah),Imam al Baji(rah),Imam Abu Zar Harwi,Imam Abul Fath al Naysaburi and many other scholars have approved this fact.Surah Al-Alaq 96;4-5-"Who taught by the pen.Taught man what he knew not''.The Prophet(pbuh)himself was also taught by God through Gabriel.If a person is unlettered that does not mean he cannot learn.The first person that write by pen being prophet Idris(Enoch)[pbuh],hope that answers your question......Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Alright, thank you lanre for providing that information. I think it's really nice that you are the one answering questions on this thread while the person who had the idea for the thread is not answering any question.

So lanre, you said the prophet learned how to read and write after his prophethood? At what point during his prophethood did he learn to read and write? Was it a month into prophethood or two months or three? Can you provide any hadith or seerah to back up your answers please? Thanks smiley
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
lanrexlan: Is it a must you read such threads that contain phonography? Allah
said in the glorious Quran in surah An-Nur 24;30-''Tell the believing men to lower their gaze(from looking at forbidden things)and guard their private parts(from illegal sexual acts).That is purer for them.Verily,Allah is All-acquainted of what they do''.
So if you enter such thread without knowing that it contains X rated pics in the first instance and it's unintentional,the moment you realised it contains such things,then you should leave it.As prophet muhammed(pbuh)said in an authentic hadith that if you look at something forbidden unintentionally,the first glance is permitted but the second glance is forbidden.And Allah knows best.

thanks for answering.

I'm referring to a situation where, say, for example, you're on a thread discussing something mundane and then suddenly explicit images get posted. Just wondering if it affects you somehow.

Prevention is better than cure

true, but not everything can be prevented.

The mind is a very delicate,it tends to focus on what the eyes see.

sometimes, not necessarily always, it depends.

Prophet muhammed(pbuh)said in an authentic hadith that the zina(adultery) of the eyes is looking at forbidden things.The more forbidden things you look,the more your heart tends to focus on it and may or could destabilize someone's spirituality.Allah knows best.....Peace

the bolded is what i wondered about.

i know some muslims are very serious about what they expose their gaze too, and they consider it unholy if they see some things. Hence the enquiry about cleansing.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
lanrexlan: We pray that way because Allah(swt)our creator knows we require programming to function very well.There are many things that people see around them that easily destabilize them and also SOLAT prevents from unjust and shameful deeds[surah Al-Ankabout 29;45].For a healthy body,it requires a minimum of three daily meals.Similarly for a healthy soul,it requires a minimum of five times daily prayers[Surah Al-Isra 17:78,Al-Anbiyaa 20:130].SOLAT which we muslims pray doesn't mean ordinary prayer because apart from praying to Allah,we also praise,thank and seek guidance from Him in SOLAT.The most important part of the SOLAT is the sujood(prostration)and all prophets of God(peace be upon them all)which were sent to mankind do prostrate(Fell on their faces).It's mentioned in the Book of Genesis 17;3 that Abraham(pbuh)fell on his face and pray to God.In Book of Numbers 20;6 said Moses(pbuh) and Aaron(pbuh)fell upon their faces and pray to God.In Gospel of Matthew 26;39,Jesus(pbuh)fell upon his face and pray to God.In the Book of Joshua,it says Joshua fell upon his face and worship God.And today,science tells us that the mind is not directly under our control,but the body is directly under our control,so to humble the mind you should humble the body.We muslims,to humble our mind we put the highest part of the body(forehead) on the lowest part of the floor and then Say Glory be to Allah,most high three times.And hope that answers your question......Peace
and do you feel comfortable with that? I mean with that position, esp in a Crowded place?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: and do you feel comfortable with that? I mean with that position, esp in a Crowded place?
Sure,it's what we do everyday and even a gymnast can't do more than what we muslims are doing everyday.And there are many benefits of SOLAT even medically.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
tpia@:

thanks for answering.
You are welcome brother.

I'm referring to a situation where, say, for example, you're on a thread discussing something mundane and then suddenly explicit images get posted. Just wondering if it affects you somehow.
Like I said bro,if you viewed it unintentionally without knowing there are such things on the thread,no sin on you.But after knowing that there are X rated pics and you still continue viewing,then it's forbidden.If it's compulsory for you to read something important on the thread,you can switch off the images to be on a safer side and Allah knows best.

true, but not everything can be prevented.
Agreed but intentional things can be prevented.

sometimes, not necessarily always, it depends.
It depends,but If your eyes focus on such things for a long period of time,the mind begins to wander and ponder on it when lonely and afterwards you may become addicted to it.

the bolded is what i wondered about.

i know some muslims are very serious about what they expose their gaze too, and they consider it unholy if they see some things.Hence the enquiry about cleansing.
It is reported by Ibn Masud(May Allah be pleased with him);A man kissed a woman and then came to Allah's messenger(pbuh)and told him of that.So the divine revelation was revealed to the prophet(pbuh);'And perform As-Solat(Prayers)at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night.Verily,the good deeds remove the evil deeds(small sins).That's a reminder for the mindful(those who accept advice)[Surah Hud 11;114].The man said 'Is this instruction for me alone? The prophet(pbuh)said;It's for all those of my followers who encounter a similar situation[Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith 4687].The man told the prophet(pbuh)he kissed a woman and the prophet(pbuh)told him to offer SOLAT.Kissing a woman has destabilized him,then If he offers SOLAT and ask for Allah's forgiveness,he may be pardoned.
I can't say If this hadith also pertains to looking at forbidden things intentionally,but Allah has already instruct the muslim men that lowering their gaze is purer and better for them[Surah An-Nur 24;30].Also the eyes will bear witness of what they used to look at on the day of Judgement,and Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
NL member: Alright, thank you lanre for providing that information. I think it's really nice that you are the one answering questions on this thread while the person who had the idea for the thread is not answering any question.
You are welcome brother.

So lanre, you said the prophet learned how to read and write after his prophethood? At what point during his prophethood did he learn to read and write? Was it a month into prophethood or two months or three? Can you provide any hadith or seerah to back up your answers please? Thanks smiley
Actually,no actual date or time was mentioned in the hadith.But to my own little knowledge,I will say when Islam has became victorious and prophet muhammed(pbuh)had taken full control of Makkah,I may be wrong.This is an hadith of Sunan Abu Dawood,Narrated Mujja'ah ibn Mirarah al-Yamani:Mujja'ah went to the prophet (peace be upon him)asking him for the blood-money of his brother whom Banu Sadus from Banu Dhuhl had killed.The prophet (peace be upon him) said:Had I appointed blood-money for a polytheist,I should have appointed it for your brother.But I shall give you compensation for him.So the prophet (peace be upon him)wrote(a document)for him that he should be given a hundred camels which were to be acquired from the fifth taken from the polytheists of Banu Dhuhl.So he took a part of them,for Banu Dhuhl embraced Islam. He then asked AbuBakr for them later on and brought to him the document of the prophet (peace be upon him).So AbuBakr wrote for him that he should be given one thousand two hundred sa's from the sadaqah of al-Yamamah;four thousand (sa's) of wheat,four thousand (sa's) of barley, and four thousand(sa's) of dates.The text of the document written by the prophet (peace be upon him) for Mujja'ah was as follows:
"In the name of Allah,the Beneficent, the Merciful.This document is from Muhammad, the prophet, to Mujja'ah ibn Mirarah of Banu Sulma.I have given him one hundred camels from the first fifth acquired from the polytheist of Banu Dhuhl as a compensation for his brother(Book #19,Hadith #2984)and Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 11, 2013
lanrexlan: You are welcome brother.
Actually,no actual date or time was mentioned in the hadith.But to my own little knowledge,I will say when Islam has became victorious and prophet muhammed(pbuh)had taken full control of Makkah,I may be wrong.
Thank you for answering lanre bro smiley
But if there is no date for when he learned to read and write isn't it possible that he had the knowledge before prophethood?
I mean think about it, the prophet was a renowned merchant working for khadija before he became a prophet and merchants have to record a lot of information about their sales. They have to record the goods they sell, total capital from sales, debtors etc.
How did he do the recording if he couldn't read and write?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 6:33am On Jun 11, 2013
NL member:
Thank you for answering lanre bro smiley
But if there is no date for when he learned to read and write isn't it possible that he had the knowledge before prophethood?
I mean think about it, the prophet was a renowned merchant working for khadija before he became a prophet and merchants have to record a lot of information about their sales. They have to record the goods they sell, total capital from sales, debtors etc.
How did he do the recording if he couldn't read and write?
Having the thinking that the prophet(pbuh) was a learned man before prophethood will be very wrong because Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Ankabout 29;45 that the prophet(pbuh) hasn't read or write any book before the Quran.As well as in surah Al-Araf 7;157-''Those who follow the messenger,the prophet that can neither read nor write''.So,the prophet(pbuh) being a learned man before prophethood is totally out and I don't want to make assumptions anymore and Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
I've asked this question before, not sure if it was answered.

Why was mohammed initially a monogamist?

Secondly, what was the original marriage culture of the arabs when Islam was introduced?

Was it monogamy, polygamy or were these practices restricted to different tribes, ie not uniform.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
tpia@:
I've asked this question before, not sure if it was answered.
It has been answered before

Why was mohammed initially a monogamist?
When Muhammad(pbuh)was twenty-five years old he married for the first time.His wife,Khadijah was fifteen years older than him.She remained the only wife of the prophet for the next twenty-five years,until she died(may Allah be pleased with her).Only after her death did the prophet marry other women.

Secondly, what was the original marriage culture of the arabs when Islam was introduced?

Was it monogamy, polygamy or were these practices restricted to different tribes, ie not uniform.
Marrying multiple wives was a common custom during that era.This is why no Christian, Jew, idolater, agnostic or atheist
etc. living at his time, ever objected to his polygamous marriages. In fact most males of all faiths had multiple wives.Polygamy and its currency before Islam,that one man could have more than one wife was something considered permissible in all religions of the world even before the advent of Islam.The custom prevailed in Arabia,India,Iran,Egypt,Babylon and among peoples elsewhere.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 2:58am On Jun 16, 2013
thanks for answering.

lanrexlan: It has been answered before

ok, will look for the links.

When Muhammad(pbuh)was twenty-five years old he married for the first time.His wife,Khadijah was fifteen years older than him.She remained the only wife of the prophet for the next twenty-five years,until she died(may Allah be pleased with her).Only after her death did the prophet marry other women.

was there a reason why he didnt marry other wives during her lifetime? Especially if polygamy was standard practice back then.

Marrying multiple wives was a common custom during that era.This is why no Christian, Jew, idolater, agnostic or atheist
etc. living at his time, ever objected to his polygamous marriages. In fact most males of all faiths had multiple wives.Polygamy and its currency before Islam,that one man could have more than one wife was something considered permissible in all religions of the world even before the advent of Islam.The custom prevailed in Arabia,India,Iran,Egypt,Babylon and among peoples elsewhere.

i think ancient rome and ancient greece were monogamous even though divorce was common in rome.

however, i'm not sure rome extended to arabia [although it did to syria], so you may be right.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2013
tpia@:
thanks for answering.

ok, will look for the links.
You are welcome bro.

was there a reason why he didnt marry other wives during her lifetime? Especially if polygamy was standard practice back then.
I am not sure if there's any reason behind prophet muhammed(pbuh)not taking another wife during Khadijah(ra) lifetime.He was devoted to her for 25years.All his wives apart from one[Aisha] were widows.He married the widows to support and help them.During his time,marrying a widow especially with children would be looked upon as a curse.Hence the Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings upon him) broke this inappropriate custom demonstrating that there is no curse by marrying widows.By being in polygamous marriages,the wives were able to transfer the Prophetic teachings of domestic life. Many matters of religion are only known to us from the wives,Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her)is amongst those who narrate the most hadiths from the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him)The numerous marriages of the Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings upon him) were a means to establish close ties with the tribes the wives originated from.These marriage bonds resulted in the tribes becoming extended family.The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him)was able to reach out to them to convey the message of Allah to them in which makes the message of Allah to spread.

i think ancient rome and ancient greece were monogamous even though divorce was common in rome.

however, i'm not sure rome extended to arabia [although it did to syria], so you may be right.
It extended to arabia bro.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
thank you very much for your reply. I find this matter very interesting and its something I've always wondered about.

It also leads me to my next question: I looked up the story of khadijah and it seems she was the one who first approached Mohammed with an offer of marriage, after which their respective families deliberated on it.

In Islam, are muslim women allowed to propose to a man they have interest in, or was Khadijah's example an exception?

I have always been under the impression muslims are more strict about such things and would not encourage women to do that.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 5:26am On Jun 17, 2013
tpia@:
thank you very much for your reply. I find this matter very interesting and its something I've always wondered about.
You are always welcome bro

It also leads me to my next question: I looked up the story of khadijah and it seems she was the one who first approached Mohammed with an offer of marriage, after which their respective families deliberated on it.
Yes,for the liking he had for the prophet(pbuh) and trustworthiness and moral conduct displayed by prophet muhammed(pbuh)when he worked for her.But it should be noted that most of what happens nowadays,when a woman likes a particular man,is the result of haraam causes,such as a careless attitude on her part whereby she talks to him and sits with him.A person who has evil motives may take advantage of such an offer to achieve some of his aims.

In Islam, are muslim women allowed to propose to a man they have interest in, or was Khadijah's example an exception?

I have always been under the impression muslims are more strict about such things and would not encourage women to do that.
With regard to the idea of a Muslim woman offering herself in marriage to a righteous man,that does not contradict the idea of modesty,so long as he is trustworthy with regard to his religious commitment and moral attitude.It was narrated that Thaabit al Banaani said:I was with Anas ibn Maalik and a daughter of his was with him.He said:“A woman came to the Messenger of Allaah(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)and offered herself in marriage to him.She said:‘O Messenger of Allah,do you want to marry me?’” The daughter of Anas said:“How little was her modesty.How shameless,how shameless!” Anas said: “She was better than you;she had a liking for the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)so she offered herself in marriage to him.[Narrated by Al-Bukhaari,4828].
Imam Al-Bukhari included this hadeeth in a chapter which he entitled:A woman offering herself in marriage to a righteous man.
Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:Ibn al-Munayyir said in al-Haashiyah:One of the subtle points of Al-Bukhari’s knowledge is that he from the specific story of the woman who offered herself in marriage to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)he derived a general principle;he understood that it is permissible for any woman to offer herself in marriage to a righteous man whose righteousness she admires and if he likes her he may marry her subject to the conditions of marriage being fulfilled.
The words of Anas to his daughter:“She is better than you” indicate that it is permissible for a woman to offer herself in marriage to a righteous man and to tell him of her liking for him because of his righteousness and virtue or because of his knowledge and honour or for some characteristic of religious commitment and that there is no shame on her if she does that,rather that is a sign of her virtue.The daughter of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him)looked at the externals and she did not understand this properly until Anas said:“She is better than you.”As for the woman who offers herself in marriage to a man for some worldly purpose,this is something that is abhorrent in the extreme.[Umdat al-Qaari’ Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 20/113].But it is better for a woman to inform her wali (guardian) of her desire to marry and Allah knows best.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by akyinka: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
Can someone pls tell me what day(s) of the week is/are more appropriate for muslims to fast?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
ak_yinka: Can someone pls tell me what day(s) of the week is/are more appropriate for muslims to fast?
Mondays and thursdays of every week and 13th,14th and 15th on the Hijra calendar every month.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
how do you guys feel like when someone is eating pork in front of you? Do you guys feel like throwing his plate away .etc?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2013
lanrexlan: Mondays and thursdays of every week and 13th,14th and 15th on the Hijra calendar every month.....Peace

I used to kill myself with these countless fasts back then, ramadan,monday and thursday etc.
Good times....good times
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2013
NL member:

I used to kill myself with these countless fasts back then, ramadan,monday and thursday etc.
Good times....good times
Once a muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate / On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.