Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment - Literature (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment (469944 Views)

Assignment : Blackmail / ::::On An Assignment:::: / "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Thastie(f): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
God will grant u nd ur family d fortitude to bear d loss. Pls accept my sympathy nd may ha soul rest in peace
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by IZUKWU(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
gluv01:

Can I get a volunteer to help me out here plz?
help you do what madam?
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by queenofhearts(f): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Take heart
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by hotswagg12: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Take heart oga mazi.
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Paragonova: 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
Take heart mazi
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Niiade(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mazi your loss is well known n felt, my uncle lost his son a few days after birth, his wife died two days after in feb this year. The pain was heart shattering, more painfully was the fact that he got married at 41 and lost his first child and wife in a week.

God will fill that void and bless your family. Please console her parents they need encouragement and attention.

It is well with our soul.
May her loving soul rest in the blossom of the LORD.

The kind words from gluv very touchy, you re indeed a woman.
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Pelumiv(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Its really sad losing someone dear to the heart. May God give you and your family the fortitude to bear the loss. Know that very soon death will be thing of the past and our loved ones in death will be resurrected. Rev. 21:3,4.
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by ayaomi1(f): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Awwww so sad,may God giv you and your family the fortitude to bear d loss.kpele, ndo.
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Mynd44: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mazi, I am sorry about your loss. I hope you fet the strenght to pull through this.

Now you all should understand that this thread is for a story and so as not to turn this to a condolence one, I am locking it for now. When Mazi is able to update, it will be opened. If you have some words for him, please do that on a thread for that purpose.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Mynd44: 12:45am On Apr 29, 2013
This thread is being re-opened at the request of the OP. I hope I don't have to remind everyone that derailling is still not allowed and it attracts a ban.

Please it is very easy for me to ban anyone but I don't enjot it. Don't post off topic. I am beggin everyone oooo.

Abeg. Make una no post off topic ooo.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Horlazuncanmi(m): 2:33am On Apr 29, 2013
Mazi, we are waiting for your updates oooo
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by MaziOmenuko: 4:56am On Apr 29, 2013
#. . .Dusting the chairs

#. . .Removing the cobwebs

#. . .Mopping the floors

#. . .Testing the Microphone: 1, 2. . .

Ladies and gentlemen. . .Mazi is back. . .

23 Likes

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by MaziOmenuko: 4:57am On Apr 29, 2013
It keeps getting deeper!

If what the ugly one was insinuating was the truth, then Sonia had tricked me into having a real wedding with her. I had let my greed for fast money blind my instincts. I had not had a reason to second guess any of her actions or suggestions. I had innocently believed she had her eyes set on the half a million prize money, while she played me and got me legally married to her.

But there was still a part of me that believed there was an explanation for all these. There has to be an explanation, I told myself.

“You didn’t tell me your parents were coming!” I had quizzed her when she asked that I be introduced to her parents.

“Of course we need the parents to sign the registry for it to be valid, and there was no way my parents are going to be absent from my wedding.” She told me.

“Wedding?” I said angrily. “is that what you told them?” I asked, expecting a reply. A group of her friends came greet to greet us and we had to stop the discussion.

“Congrats!” they said to us as Sonia perfectly switched to a smiling mode, displaying all her teeth.

“Thank you, and thanks for coming.” She replied them. This was followed by other friends as they came one after the other to indicate their presence.

“This is outrageous” I whispered under my breathe as she held my hand firmly as her friends came one after the other.

“Newly weds are not supposed to quarrel first day of their wedding.” She hushed the words into my ear and posed for her friends once more with a smile.

“You have to make this look real if you want people to believe it is real.” She said once more.

Its either she was playing me real well, or she was serious. She was trying to sound serious, but like the ugly one had warned me, if it smells like a fish and tastes like a fish, it certainly is a fish.

I concluded that she was putting up the appearance to make it all look real. After all, she was a graduate of Music and Drama/theatre arts, so putting up a performance should be her area of expertise. And she was doing it perfectly.

"Don't spoil this moment." She said as she dragged me towards her parents.

I decided to play along. Her parents were discussing with the L.I from Lokoja, representing the Nysc official from the zone. Her dad had an intimidating presence. He could pass for one of the board of directors of a multi-national company. I don't know much about him, didn't border to find out, never thought I was going to set my eyes on him. He was dark like a december night and wore a traditional cow-boy hat with ribbons adorning it.

"Alas! My new son in law." He said, shaking my hand vigorously. His grasp was firm and I almost screamed in pain when he shook my hand.

We greeted and made official introduction. The L.I excused himself and left.

"Young man," he said, motioning towards me.
"Come close, let's have a chat." He said to me.

We moved to an area at the court premises and held small talks. He asked about my educational qualifications, interests and goals in life like he was conducting an oral test for me.

"As an engineer, where do you see yourself in the next two years?" He asked.

I told him I had plans of picking up some certification courses to enrich my cv, and probably enroll for my masters program.

"I chair a forum of elders that supervise the operations of oil firms in my community." He said to me.

"As a member of that board, one of our primary duties is to ensure that each firm employs a certain percentage of locals from my community into the oil firms operating within my community. As a new member of my family, I can help fix you in one of such companies." He said.

It was the best thing I've heard since the day. A work in an oil company! Now that's more like it.

"I will be very delighted sir!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face.

"And if you want to proceed with your masters," he continued. "My youngest son is presently schooling at the United Kingdom, he can help facilitate your application." He concluded.

"I wasn't thinking in the direction of UK." I said to him.

"Why?" He asked.

"School fees at the UK is generally expensive. I was thinking something about home, or the Scandinavians; cheaper in all sense." I informed him. He looked at me like he just realized something.

"Money isn't the issue here." He said. "I believe in quality education, and that is what you get from UK schools." He said, and, like an afterthought, he added that he can sponsor me if I am really interested.

"That would be great sir!" I exclaimed again, grinning from ear to ear.

When he left me to attend to other guest, my heart was filled with joy. I had to rush to the ugly one to break the goodnews to him.

The ugly one was talking and laughing with a girl when I came up to him. He looked at me like he couldn't condone any form of distraction as at then. I understood the message and excused myself. I sat alone at one end of the court premises and thought about the proposals I just got. It was like my life was about to be changed for good.

Minutes later, the ugly one came up to me. He was all smiles and I guessed he had made arrangements for the night with the girl he was talking and laughing with.

"My bed is going to be wet this night." He said with the same mischievous smile. I had to abandon what I wanted to discuss with him and hear him out since he was obsessed with the new girl already.

"Is she a corper?" I asked him.

"No, she said she attends same fellowship with your new wife." He said smiling.

"What's up with you?" He finally asked.

"I just met Sonia's dad." I told him.

"And?" He asked.

"He has links with oil firms at Rivers state! And he is willing to sponsor me for an overseas masters program!" I announced excitedly, smiling in the process.

The ugly one kept staring at me like there was an underlying message I was supposed to comprehend but had missed it.

"And?" He asked.

"And what?" I asked. I was starting to get irritated with his paranoid attitude. He has always tagged this arrangement as being fishy.

"The man is about to turn my life around for good! Don't you see the light at the end of the tunnel?" I asked him.

"The only light I see is coming from a girl roasting unripe plantain with your future while his dad fans the light to glow brighter and burn faster." He said.

I've heard enough of the riddles.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

Just then, Sonia walked up to us with a smile on her face.
"We have to advance to the venue of the reception!" She announced to us.

"Reception?" I and the ugly one asked simultaneously.

I was astonished at this new development. We had not discussed anything about reception after the wedding. I had thought it to be a court session of few people, and that ends there.

It keeps getting deeper! I thought to myself.

"Yes dear, its holding at the corpers lodge. The car is waiting outside." She announced to both of us, crossed her hands over my shoulders and tugged me gently towards the waiting car.

"What other surprise awaits me?" I asked as we settled inside the car adorned with ribbons and play-cards with the inscription: JUST WEDDED.

"No other surprises. I promise." She said.

I didn't believe her. . .

I was right not to, there were surprises everywhere.

"Just our honeymoon night in a special hotel I've reserved. . ." She added like an afterthought.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by MaziOmenuko: 5:21am On Apr 29, 2013
The wedding reception was short and colorful.

She had briefed me of the events right inside the car. She informed me that it was solely the idea of the corp members. She said they even contributed to buy the food stuffs, which they prepared inside the corper's lodge. They did the decoration themselves and hired seats for the occasion.

It was held in an open space, inside the corper's lodge. If I was surprised at the turnout at the court, the gathering at the corpers lodge stunned me. All the seats were occupied, by both the corpers and Sonia's friends from her fellowship. Some nysc officials and Sophia's parents graced the high table, together with two elders I suspected were from Sophia's home. They wore similar outfit with her dad and same traditional hat.

A special well decorated canopy was arranged for Sonia and I while the rest sat on seats inside the open space. The MC made jokes, called on few people to share their experience of the service year, announced a cash donation of a hundred thousand naira from Etisalat and called on us to dance while the food was shared.

Within a short while, I saw Sonia and the etisalat manager talking at one end of the venue. At first, it looked like a friendly chat between two colleagues, but I started sensing some disturbed expressions. It was like they were having an argument. I remained few metres from them and continued observing. The ugly one came up to me and asked what the matter was and who Sonia was arguing with. I told him he was the manager of etisalat, where she worked. He pushed further and I explained to him that they dated from camp and he arranged that Sonia be posted to etisalat.

"They are still dating." He said.

I looked at him not understanding his comment. It wasn't a question, he said it categorically like he was as sure as hell.

"Why would you say so?" I asked.

He ignored my question and kept focused on Sonia and the etisalat manager like he was actually their conversation was audible to him. I turned my gaze on their direction also.

They were still arguing, trying so hard to get their voice low. Apparently, the etisalat manager was furious over something and she was trying to explain.

"Why is she trying hard to calm him down?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Now you are seeing things from my point." The ugly one replied. "There is really something fishy going on with this whole arrangement, and I don't like it one bit." He concluded.

"What do you think?" I asked, trying to find the answers myself.

"There are lots of loose ends. There are lots of dots, but I can't seem to connect them. There is a missing piece of this whole puzzle, once I find it, I can solve the puzzle." He said.

I looked at him, once again, not understanding the parables.

"What if there is nothing to it? What if this whole set up is all about the half a million naira?" I asked him.

He looked at me with fury in his eyes, like he wanted to slap my face.

"Did you not see her dad?" He asked and I nodded.

"Does Sonia look like she needs that money?" He asked.

"Maybe she's doing it because of me, because I need the money." I replied.
He shook his heard like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"This wedding reception alone cost her more than her share of that money." He said.

At that point, the argument of sonia and her manager seemed to had escalated. Sonia was almost begging the man. The ugly one motioned to me that we should proceed to their direction.

"Be nice and ask what the problem was." He said as we approached them.

They halted their argument and looked towards us as we approached, like they just realized where they were.

"Hi honey, are you ok?" I asked as I got to her side and crossed my hands over her shoulders.

"Good day sir, and thanks for the cash donation." I said to the etisalat manager when Sonia was still trying to find her tongue.

The manager was obviously uncomfortable with my intrusion, like I had interrupted a very important discussion. He managed to smile back at me.

"You're welcome." He said.

That was my first time of having a closer look at him. I had seen him few times, in the dark at camp, in pictures transferred from Sonia's phone and when he was few meters away from me at the etisalat office. Now, I had a full view of the man and I could see reasons why she fell for him in the first place. He was dark in a sexy way, with thin lips and bright eyes. He was hairy and dark hairs adorn his face and neck. He looked younger than his real age, and well kept.

"We were just discussing about my leave." Sonia announced as it started getting awkward.

"Ahh, yes, yes, she was asking for 2 months leave, but we only grant 3 weeks at the office." He said almost immediately, as if to collaborate with Sonia's comment.

"I guess you guys will have to sort that out later, right now, I need to dance with my bride." I said with a smile and left with Sonia. She kept staring over her shoulders as we went back to the centre of the ground to dance.

We danced for a few minutes as the etisalat manager stayed back to watch us. Each time I turned and saw him, it was as if he was really uncomfortable seeing her with me.

Few minutes later, he had disappeared, and few more minutes, Sonia said she was tired and needed to change to something lighter.

I couldn't see her again, even after two hours.

When she returned, mike, his girlfriend, the ugly one and I had returned to our hotel. She met us there and explained that she had to stay with her parents for some discussion.

Sonia took me to a new hotel room which she claimed she reserved for the special wedding night.

I already had plans. There were lots of things I needed to discuss with her and spending the night with her will provide the chance for such discussion. After showering, I lay on the bed and waited for her. I arranged the issues to discuss with her when she leaves the bathroom.

First, I wanted to know why she kept me in the dark on the details of the wedding. Why I wasn't informed of the supposed reception after the court session.

Then I was going to ask where she disappeared to, and the real reason why her boss was upset with her.

I had lots of questions in my mind which I was prepared to ask her, but as she stepped out of the bathroom, dripping wet with water, tying the towel across her b'rea'st and smelling of sweet fragrance, all I could think about was sex.

Its your wedding night, enjoy it! Said that same voice in my mind.

I did enjoy the wedding night. . .

7 Likes

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by komek(m): 5:49am On Apr 29, 2013
Welcome back bro. Wetin no kill person , go make am stronger. If Sonia no kill u for this service year, that means u will be very strong after all these things. Nice one
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Abiolachiefo(m): 5:50am On Apr 29, 2013
Hmmn....this is close 2 i once hrd about. I really wanna know what dis gurl's got up her sleeve. (Imagining what it would av been like if this really happened to mazi)

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:57am On Apr 29, 2013
I kept holding my breath waiting to see if I could get the underlying message.

God... This suspense go make me lose concentration for office ooo...
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by MaziOmenuko: 6:03am On Apr 29, 2013
Goodmorning all,

Thanks for staying put, its good to have you all back after the break.

You guys rock!!!
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Warlord3000(m): 6:04am On Apr 29, 2013
Welcome back .. Mazi..

It takes a great man to come back the way you did after the unfortunate incident of the week back..

It is well..IJN
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 29, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Goodmorning all,

Thanks for staying put, its good to have you all back after the break.

You guys rock!!!

We will forever remain loyal to you....and BTW if we rock, dat means you are the bomb...it takes courage to heal wound quickly.. I can now see that mazi is a real man, more grease to yar elbow
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by FoxyUltimate(m): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2013
Warlord3000: Welcome back .. Mazi..

It takes a great man to come back the way you did after the unfortunate incident of the week back..

It is well..IJN

Kai... Ubanka..

Mazi, welcome back... Wannan bura just showed me my manners...
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Fourcade(m): 6:28am On Apr 29, 2013
Nice...May all your subsequent updates be long like this smiley
Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Chicent(m): 6:31am On Apr 29, 2013
Still trying 2 figure out wat dis sonia gal is up 2. Mazii can't believe dis gal is playing a fast 1 on u&all u cud say is Mayb she is trying 2make d money 4u. Hope u don't fall deep in to d wll b4 u decode d 411. Nyc suspence thou man. Kip it up.......Gud 2 have u back bro

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by Ofido(m): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2013
Hnnnmmmm... Happy married life to u MAZI

1 Like

Re: NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment by lumzybo: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2013
Thumbs up man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (92) (Reply)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.