Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan (25480 Views)

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by swintiney: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2013
We should hold on until we hear from GTB, this is a very serious accusation,
as a responsible bank, they should be able to produce Madejibo's account logs
from the very day he opened it.

Again, there must be proof and it must be beyond every doubt before
freezing anyone's account. However, if this accusation turns out to be
true, then i should be one customer out of GTB. I expect the bank to
respond to this as it may have serious impact on their image if followed
with silence.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by infogenius(m): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2013
I agree that you get a corporate lawyer.Many of these bankers are not professionals.I was in one of their branches in Kaduna some time ago and an officer there could not even tell me the meaning of IBAN.
This type of problems is not new.A customer of mine,an elderly man that worked with NNPC before he retired 2yrs had an account where he just made deposits as a form of saving and did not touch it for close 7yrs.Only for him to go to the bank one day and told that his account balance was about N150k instead of close to N19m.

The man was later told that the money was used offload a loan he collected.The man no slack at all.
At the end of the day the officer who stole the money had left the bank some yrs ago,but was discovered and fished out in his new place of work and currently he is still paying the gbese.

Listen to me,someone there has used your account to move money and honestly if you keep quiet other customers will suffer too.

Many bankers today are looking for money to steal instead of doing their jobs.
Please take them to court and unveil the thief and make plenty money joor.

6 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by etudaddy(m): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2013
u sure say no be u chop the money?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by mapet: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2013
Supported. In addition, if you have some money, get your lawyer to produce this story of yours in the dailies. Make a lot of noise or else, you'll loose out, cos of the seeming inpetitude of some staff that should have been sacked long ago.

I know that some staff of banks use customers funds for private runs, especially accounts that are left domant for a long time; people living overseas etc....
hectoro: Get a serious lawyer and sue them for the embarrassment and inconvenience!! Lousy banks
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Adehwale: 11:46am On Apr 04, 2013
etudaddy: u sure say no be u chop the money?
A thing, i believe u would gladly do if you were to av d oppurtunity, ryt?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by meexteriox(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2013
Personally, I've never liked that bank. My first encounter when I wanted to open a current account with them was totally frustrating. The guy I was directed to behaved as if na him papa give me money to come open account. That was the last time I talked about any account matter with the bank. That very first incident, the bank officer attitude erased any respect I had for that institution.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Tokotaya: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2013
I had an issue with GTB in 2010 and took it up with them via an email I found on their Facebook wall. I was pleasantly surprised they contacted me and resolved the matter withing two weeks. This left me with an impression that at least, the bank tries to listen. I agree with you on the general poor attitude of their customer-facing staff. They are mostly indifferent and aloof. They are like civil servants who cannot be bothered whether a customer is happy or unhappy. They will get paid either way. But, I think the people at their hq still try to please their customers. So, don't give up. Go to their Facebook page and get their official complaint email address. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by EKOBIZ: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2013
Your case is simple,get yourself a lawyer take them to court. This is an opportunity 4 you to become a millionaire,charge them assault etc. Does bank give loan without colateral?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2013
infogenius: I agree that you get a corporate lawyer.Many of these bankers are not professionals.I was in one of their branches in Kaduna some time ago and an officer there could not even tell me the meaning of IBAN.
This type of problems is not new.A customer of mine,an elderly man that worked with NNPC before he retired 2yrs had an account where he just made deposits as a form of saving and did not touch it for close 7yrs.Only for him to go to the bank one day and told that his account balance was about N150k instead of close to N19m.

The man was later told that the money was used offload a loan he collected.The man no slack at all.
At the end of the day the officer who stole the money had left the bank some yrs ago,but was discovered and fished out in his new place of work and currently he is still paying the gbese.

Listen to me,someone there has used your account to move money and honestly if you keep quiet other customers will suffer too.

Many bankers today are looking for money to steal instead of doing their jobs.
Please take them to court and unveil the thief and make plenty money joor.
thank you, I also believed my bank account was fraudulently used by a staff, but why are they hiding the staf? Or why can't they just give me proofs
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by acidtalk: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
This are the type of threads that should be making Nairaland Frontpage and not some irrelevant nonsense.

OP, even if you were mistakenly credited and you withdrew the money knowingly or unknowingly, it is their duty to provide you with evidence that they are right on their claim and you are not.

They have absolutely no right to call you names not to even go to the extreme of calling you onigbese or thief.

In a civilized country, they would have been begging you to settle out of court because you will sue them big time.

Nigeria is just a jungle where the House of Rep, masses and various agencies are focusing on irrelevant things and cheat the poor and masses.

This is the reason why I can never ever have at least 7 different bank accounts from various banks at any single point in time.

Assumining this was your only bank, only God knows the kind of financial constraint you will be facing now.

Guy, don't hide their names, call the Modupe and others full names let us help them get their SACK letter earlier than necessary. Don't be scared to tarnish their image like they have tried to and will still do to me.

Though I bank with them but to hell with ALL Nigerian banks. Na just because of the fear of those big boys dem with mask person dey put money for bank. Na under my bed my money suppose dey. Why put my money in your bank and you use it to trade and don't still give me the respect I deserve when it is the intrest they use to pay your salary. I should be treated like a damn King.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
1st you said they told you its LOAN you took. Then later its now an OVER-PAYMENT!
The balance is 49k, they stopped you from withrawing from the account, can't they just remove the 49k, how did it get and interest of 221k?
Bros I don't know how this workd but I don't see GTB acting the way you just made them look. Moreover,n you said some things transpired that you don't want to discuss! Hmmm
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by infoscope(m): 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
I feel ur plight bro. Write Linda Ikeji. Beg her to place this on her blog.Make good use of the social media. Heads will definitely roll.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by micklplus(m): 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
dude: op,

i can give you a phone number of a Deputy Director in banking supervision department of CBN if you are interested, send your email address. Am really surprised this is happening in GTB.

Please, I need the said number.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
These banks are a lousy lot! Sanusi should come down hard on them before leaving office.
UBA had been eating into my savings account wt dem under the guise of bank charges. Yesterday(3/4/2013), #680 ws 'withdrawn' from my acct after i got a credit alert.
Thanks to d new Evidence Act 2011(as amended). I am gathering my facts nd preparing b4 approaching the court cos i wnt want anyone to throw my case out on d maxim : ' des minimis non curat lex.
It is high time, something give.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
ebamma: and why should we belief u that u are not liable of the said offence abi u be Jesus Christ?
. U always try so hard to be funny bt u r NOT!!!
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by stupor(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Take it tô the court and not here !
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by gen2briz(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
kindly make good use of their Facebook fanpage.
...at least let 90% of Nigerians internet users sees this
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
Am just visualizing myself in the OP's shoes. GTB will pay heavily walayi
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
lancaster: 1st you said they told you its LOAN you took. Then later its now an OVER-PAYMENT!
The balance is 49k, they stopped you from withrawing from the account, can't they just remove the 49k, how did it get and interest of 221k?
Bros I don't know how this workd but I don't see GTB acting the way you just made them look. Moreover,n you said some things transpired that you don't want to discuss! Hmmm
Mr Lancaster, initially in march 2012, Modupe a staff of gtbank said it was a loan of 49k, then when my savings was blocked she said after thorough investigation they discovered it was an over payment, they also claim the 49k had accrued debit interests to a tune of 221k over the years between may 2007 to 2012 February, what I meant by transpire is that a lot of meetings, arguments have occurred between me and bank staff over this that it it ll be to lengthy for me to start writing nothing hidden at all

2 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
Op you too like talk. Go and sue them and file a case with the efcc for the bank attempting to defraud you of the amount they say you owe. You will see how everyone will sit up.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by callmebettyetta: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
Am sorry, I thinks is system failure, d best things is to request for ur bank statement, get a good lawyer, write a letter concerning ur issue on email newpapers, twitter n copy to GTB, CBN, EFCC, and any financial instiution. I think dis will help n d will call u for settlement
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by PosCaricature: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
rudzob: I wish Fola Adeola reads this,a financial institution he founded I will like to know what legacy he left behind? and to think he wanted to become a vice-President of this nation.
The OP's complain is not enough for you to jump into this conclusion. What gives you the belief that he (OP) has given the true position of the story? I think it's proper to hear from both sides before drawing conclusions. Afterall the OP did not at any time mention the name of Fola Adeola in his complaint.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by PosCaricature: 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
blink182: Op you too like talk. Go and sue them and file a case with the efcc for the bank attempting to defraud you of the amount they say you owe. You will see how everyone will sit up.
Bad adviser! I bet you by the time OP carries out your ill-advise & he gets into trouble, you will be one of those who will condemn his actions on this platform.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
pple supporting d person who posted dis thread r d reason y dis country is where it is, y corrupt activities r done openly, with so much impunity. cos dis is a classic case of a 419/dishonest nigerian. the true reason he stopped using d acct is not far fetched. u have conveniently 4gotten u ate money dat wasnt urs now u're here tryin 2whip up unnecessary sentiments and trust nigerians 2fall 4dat crap. did u say u were or r still a banker? better pay plus all d accrued interest. armed robber jati jati. ole!!

3 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
thirdi: Am sure the staff of that branch used your account to reconcile some missing funds.
so they would not be sacked. yes i agree. still get a lawyer. i can recommend one.also go to press. write a powerful letter to the press for publication.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: pple supporting d person who posted dis thread r d reason y dis country is where it is, y corrupt activities r done openly, with so much impunity. cos dis is a classic case of a 419/dishonest nigerian. the true reason he stopped using d acct is not far fetched. u have conveniently 4gotten u ate money dat wasnt urs now u're here tryin 2whip up unnecessary sentiments and trust nigerians 2fall 4dat crap. did u say u were or r still a banker? better pay plus all d accrued interest. armed robber jati jati. ole!!
I laugh

2 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Mavor: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
PosCaricature :
The OP's complain is not enough for you to jump into this conclusion. What gives you the belief that he (OP) has given the true position of the story? I think it's proper to hear from both sides before drawing conclusions. Afterall the OP did not at any time mention the name of Fola Adeola in his complaint.
You're a GTB Bank worker shay? Lol. Na serious gbege una don enter. I have a friend who is an editor in one of Nigeria's top daily newspaper. I should refer him to this thread. This is an issue that affects mostly foreigners that work in Nigeria. Due to the nature of my job, I work with them. They will from no where receive an sms alert for a debit of N300,000 for example. And till tomorrow the bank workers will be posting them and the issue will never be resolved until the foreigner goes back to his home country. The media needs to run an expose on this. I bet CBN is aware of this but choose not to do anything to avoid a scandal in any of the nation's bank. Rubbish Nation.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by eggy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
@OP, this GTB's story/excuse is quite strange.

1) It was claimed you took a loan of N49,000 in 2007 and this has accrued to a sum of N221,000 in 2012

2)The initial Loan claim metamorphosized into a teller mistakenly over paying/ATM withdrawal story...

Anyways i Think you should fight this case till the very end as this goes beyond you alone.... My take is that they noticed your account was dormant and linked the misappropriated funds to your account(books must balance oh).

I have a dormant current acct with the very same branch and its clear i wont be reactivating it without valid signed and stamped printed copy of my statement.

Please see this matter to the very end as it is quite easy to loose steam while trying to pursue such.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by bizz(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Just G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ to court.......I think its the best option now
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
I bet he'll not be able 2do that. lets wait n see. cos by d time dis gets 2d press n d details of wat he did come out, he'll have 2hide his face. pls lets not support dishonesty in any guise. several times I've heard of cases where bank tellers make mistakes n credit pple like dis who withdraw d cash n disappear. no1 talks of d poor teller who has 2repay from his salaries. its o.k 2make mistakes 4 those who will say y did d teller make a mistake but d honest thing to have done is leave d cash in d acct 2be returned whenever knowin its not urs. or even walk in2 d bank n complain abt bein credited wrongly. pls lets not support thieves.
Laalamed:
so they would not be sacked. yes i agree. still get a lawyer. i can recommend one.also go to press. write a powerful letter to the press for publication.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Has Anyone Used MANIX Capsules, Please Advice Me Please. / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.