Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan (25475 Views)

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
Mavor: You're a GTB Bank worker shay? Lol. Na serious Gbege una don enter. I have a friend who is an editor in one of Nigeria's top daily newspaper. I should refer him to this thread. This is an issue that affects mostly foreigners that work in Nigeria. I work with them. They will from no where receive an alert for a debit of N300,000 for example. And till tomorrow the bank workers will be posting them and the issue will never be resolved until the foreigner goes back to his home country. Rubbish Nation.
I was in a training with a colleague we were sitting side by side and he got 6 SMS alerts at once 20k withdrawal in 5 places and 200k pos purchase making a total of 300k. His ATM card was with him. The withdrawals and the pos transactions were done at different times but the alerts came at the same time. Sigh! Till today no refund, Gtb I hail you
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
u know I'll truly like 2see this in d press n watch d facts unfold. I'll bet 100k dis op will hide eventually cos I can see exactly wat happened. loan turned to money paid in2 acct which he ate. apparently he's misrepresentin facts. pls go 2d press, I'm so so sure he will never. ole jati jati, I repeat!!
Mavor: You're a GTB Bank worker shay? Lol. Na serious gbege una don enter. I have a friend who is an editor in one of Nigeria's top daily newspaper. I should refer him to this thread. This is an issue that affects mostly foreigners that work in Nigeria. Due to the nature of my job, I work with them. They will from no where receive an sms alert for a debit of N300,000 for example. And till tomorrow the bank workers will be posting them and the issue will never be resolved until the foreigner goes back to his home country. The media needs to run an expose on this. I bet CBN is aware of this but choose not to do anything to avoid a scandal in any of the nation's bank. Rubbish Nation.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Kellymann: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
PosCaricature :
Bad adviser! I bet you by the time OP carries out your ill-advise & he gets into trouble, you will be one of those who will condemn his actions on this platform.

I don't know the kind of trouble you mean the OP may get into. The only one that has potential of getting into trouble here is GTB. If the OP's claim is true, I picture the bank paying heavily for this either in form of damages to the OP or bribing government officials to cover up if they have the required heavy-weight to pull that off. I know we are in Nigeria and things happen.

SMH, I don't know why this is not making waves on GTbank's twitter page at the moment.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
Op needs to speak the truth. You stopped using the bank in 2007 and bank said you are owning them 49000 since 2007. 100,000-49,000=51000. bank said you withdraw 60000 after u have overcredited to the tune of 100000.later u stopped using the bank in the same year. what a coincidence!
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by cold(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Get a lawyer to offer some legal advice & follow up the letter to the CBN. Copy EFCC,CIBN & other bodies that might prove crucial to the end decision.
This reminds me of an experience that was posted here a while back;

Story, story, I was home on a saturday morning only to receive 4-text messages from GTB. The first was welcoming me to "a new service" - dollar mastercard. The second was a notice that the amount XYZ had been deducted from my meagre Naira account because of #1. The third was to inform me about a new account number created on my behalf. The fourth was information on the amount in US$ that was credited into my new account.

I thought the whole thing was 419, and even disregarded the text messages; only for me to appear in a GTB branch on Monday morning and explain myself. I showed the lady at the counter the text messages, she checked on her PC and with a smile, replied "yes sir, you are welcome to our new service". I had to cool my temper, filled up their complaint form and left the place as I was boiling with rage already, considering that I did not request for the service.

Long story cut short, I sent them several mails about the issue, but they stubbornly replied that they cannot reverse whatever was done, even if I didnt need the DollarMastercard.

Can you believe that a staff of GTB actually called me to suggest HOW TO AMICABLY RESOLVE THE ISSUE!. I was happy, thinking she was going to say something sensible. She said they were sorry about the "MIXUP", but that I could look at things positively. So I replied "how".

Her reply went something like this: sir you know, now that we have issued you a Dollar mastercard, at least the next time you go abroad, for example to the UK, you dont need to carry cash", etc. Then the silly lady even asked me if I had family members in the UK.?

I had to physically hold my phone in front of my eyes just to confirm the nonsense I had just heard. I was like, what tha?

Long story cut short, I wrote them a 5-page letter, threatening a serious law suit, called up / copied the letter to the ICPC, the EFCC, the police, a lawyer and an army officer contact.

I dont know what transpired between the ICPC/EFCC and the GTB, but I got a call from someone at the ICPC and then like 8-GTB staff/managers called me to apologize rainfall and deepwater. For the first time in my entire life, I felt as if Nigeria has hope.

3 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by eggy(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: pple supporting d person who posted dis thread r d reason y dis country is where it is, y corrupt activities r done openly, with so much impunity. cos dis is a classic case of a 419/dishonest nigerian. the true reason he stopped using d acct is not far fetched. u have conveniently 4gotten u ate money dat wasnt urs now u're here tryin 2whip up unnecessary sentiments and trust nigerians 2fall 4dat crap. did u say u were or r still a banker? better pay plus all d accrued interest. armed robber jati jati. ole!!

If really he ate 49k in 2007:

1)why wasn't he told when he came to reactivate the account,

2)where did the claim that he took a Loan arise from

3)why did the claim change to atm withdrawal/teller overpaying him theory....

4) when the ATM withdrawal/teller payment issue was spotted why wasn't he contacted via phone or email that he has over withdrawn.

I do not knw the OP from Adam but I think its only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt...same goes for GTB no need for insults and verbal bashing.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
Go to Punch tell them this story and make the headline ( GTB Bank in tumoil) i am sure they will pay with there Anus useless people angry angry
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by otunoba1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
madejibo: I laugh

Please do a mail to complaints@gtbank.com and copy resolution@gtbank.com stating everything you have said in your post and you will get a resolution within 2weeks at most.

You may say so many things about the Bank but one thing you cannot take away is that GTbank LISTENS.

This will definitely be resolved.

Regards,

2 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Mavor: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
otun oba:

Please do a mail to complaints@gtbank.com and copy resolution@gtbank.com stating everything you have said in your post and you will get a resolution within 2weeks at most.

You may say so many things about the Bank but one thing you cannot take away is that GTbank LISTENS.

This will definitely be resolved.

Regards,
Thank you Mr. GTB. Meanwhile your fellow bank workers are busy scamming people of their savings left and right. And you guys try to hush it up. Make you park well jare!!! Every day for the thief, one day for the owner.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Laalamed: Op needs to speak the truth. You stopped using the bank in 2007 and bank said you are owning them 49000 since 2007. 100,000-49,000=51000. bank said you withdraw 60000 after u have overcredited to the tune of 100000.later u stopped using the bank in the same year. what a coincidence!
let me make a brief statement here in 2008 I was travelling out of the country Gtb was the only bank selling PTA I used my bank account in GTB to buy PTA, the evidence is on my passport, I re activated it no one seized my money, no one said I was owing, I did the transaction in Gtb Allen. As a banker, I know if a teller wrongly posts into an account and the account holder withdraws the teller calls even looks for the person, but I only got a call 5 years later. It is also worthy to note my phone number has never changed since 2001 and this is the same no on my Gtb account. If I abandoned the account cos I stole money like you are trying to infer, y did I go back in 2010 and do transactions of over 10million over 2 years? Or was I suffering from memory loss. I told a lawyer about it and he said all what the court will tell the bank to do is to return the money Gtb has sat on which his legal fees is more, no one pays damages in Nigeria, you need to visit a Nigerian court someday

2 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by lightest(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ all lets b realistic, it might not b the fault of Gtb as a whole but it might b the doing of the staffs. I Have a friend that use to work for Oceanic Bank as a contract staff in those days and all of a sudden this guy collected a house an furnished it to taste. what this guy actually do in the bank is that they look for dormant accounts of like 4 to 5 years and they will reactivate it and start milking money from it. but luck ran out them when they reactivate and withdrew money from one account and the owner was in Uk but had a younger sister working in Oceanic. Thats was how they were caught. The rest was story.

So @ ops, call their Headquarter and follow it up from there. the don't take sh i t at all.

personally thats why i don't use ATM cards

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Mavor: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
madejibo: let me make a brief statement here in 2008 I was travelling out of the country Gtb was the only bank selling PTA I used my bank account in GTB to buy PTA, the evidence is on my passport, I re activated it no one seized my money, no one said I was owing, I did the transaction in Gtb Allen. As a banker, I know if a teller wrongly posts into an account and the account holder withdraws the teller calls even looks for the person, but I only got a call 5 years later. It is also worthy to note my phone number has never changed since 2001 and this is the same no on my Gtb account. If I abandoned the account cos I stole money like you are trying to infer, y did I go back in 2010 and do transactions of over 10million over 2 years? Or was I suffering from memory loss. I told a lawyer about it and he said all what the court will tell the bank to do is to return the money Gtb has sat on which his legal fees is more, no one pays damages in Nigeria, you need to visit a Nigerian court someday
If you can't afford legal fees like you say then I suggest you involve the media. With a full documentation of proof. Also on another related note. Majority of bank workers in this country are down-right rude to customers. Behaving like as if someone came to beg them for money. This era of poor customer service in our banks has to stop. I wish the CBN will do their job properly instead of Sanusi trying to interfere in politics every given Friday.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
madejibo: let me make a brief statement here in 2008 I was travelling out of the country Gtb was the only bank selling PTA I used my bank account in GTB to buy PTA, the evidence is on my passport, I re activated it no one seized my money, no one said I was owing, I did the transaction in Gtb Allen. As a banker, I know if a teller wrongly posts into an account and the account holder withdraws the teller calls even looks for the person, but I only got a call 5 years later. It is also worthy to note my phone number has never changed since 2001 and this is the same no on my Gtb account. If I abandoned the account cos I stole money like you are trying to infer, y did I go back in 2010 and do transactions of over 10million over 2 years? Or was I suffering from memory loss. I told a lawyer about it and he said all what the court will tell the bank to do is to return the money Gtb has sat on which his legal fees is more, no one pays damages in Nigeria, you need to visit a Nigerian court someday
Please also note that within 2008 I bought the PTA and 2010 my account went dormant again but I reactivated it again in 2010
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
i[quote author=eggy]

If really he ate 49k in 2007:

1)why wasn't he told when he came to reactivate the account,

2)where did the claim that he took a Loan arise from

3)why did the claim change to atm withdrawal/teller overpaying him theory....

4) when the ATM withdrawal/teller payment issue was spotted why wasn't he contacted via phone or email that he has over withdrawn.

I do not knw the OP from Adam but I think its only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt...same goes for GTB no need for insults and verbal bashing.[/quoteI am soo soo sure he was called back when he withdrew d cash mistakenly credited 2 his acct. I am so so sure he stopped using dat acct n mistakenly paid in money in2 d savings not knowin d bank kept tabs on d acct. like I said I'd truly love 2c dis in d press but I know dis is where dis will end. his stories reek of guilt
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by softangel(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
First u said the Bank claimed to have loaned you abt #49,000 in 2007, later, u said ϑ Bank claimed it erroneously paid over a #100,000 into your acc. Which is which and what exactly are you being illegally, wrongfully and unlawfully punished for without due procedure as laid down by governing and enabling laws? I think you are wasting time. Write the Bank a one (1) month pre-action notice, notifying it that failure to reverse its illegal act, accompanied with an apology letter, you shall proceed to vent your grievance @ ϑ court of law. What am i even saying, sue the Bank right away b4 it takes further drastic actions. Obtain an injunction from the Court with Millions of damages against. the Bank.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madejibo: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: i
if u follow me on twitter @madejibo it's there and have copied @gtbank handle it is on my Facebook wall, I have tried to seek other means to resolve this in the past one year hence I resulted into using the nairaland medium, I am not afraid of press, in this matter I am as clean as snow
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: u know I'll truly like 2see this in d press n watch d facts unfold. I'll bet 100k dis op will hide eventually cos I can see exactly wat happened. loan turned to money paid in2 acct which he ate. apparently he's misrepresentin facts. pls go 2d press, I'm so so sure he will never. ole jati jati, I repeat!!

GTB top employeee *hissssssssssss*

Have you guys heard of customer service, have you heard of customer conduct, have you heard of treating customers fairly and the popular one in Nigeria, the customer is always right? I can go on and on. How I wish it was here in the UK where you can approach the FSA (now FCA), this young man will be heavily compensated without needing the services of a Lawyer sef.
Even if and I repeat even if he spent the money, no employee of GTB bank (from top to bottom) has the right to treat him with such disrespect, besides it was their fault. I am so angry on the Op's behalf. Bloody rogues
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
so go public n lets see!!!
madejibo: if u follow me on twitter @madejibo it's there and have copied @gtbank handle it is on my Facebook wall, I have tried to seek other means to resolve this in the past one year hence I resulted into using the nairaland medium, I am not afraid of press, in this matter I am as clean as snow
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
wow, I had similar problems with gtbank only mine was an int'l transfer. somehow since Feb 14 the money got stuck at citi bank ny. @ op fisayo sent money to moyo thru my dorm account. come see as I dey send mails to them,it took a month of constantly speaking to gtconnect with no movement at fxcustomer care. sad case how gtbank is really poor in their response to customer complaints.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
GTBank must be checked, I am afraid there is a WHOLE lot wrong with the bank now.

Just yesterday, I was at the bank and I spent almost two hours with the Operation Manager in one of their branches, Lagos. My savings account was debited with the sum of N70,000 by only God knows who cheesy. And, when I got there, they asked me if I placed Standing Order on the account? I said NO. Did I buy anything and asked someone to get it off my account I said NO. After some few minutes, while I kept watching the drama that unfolds, the O.Manager called the attention of other staff, discussing the issue as shown on the system. Thereafter, I was told that I needed to hold on while they get in touch with their Head Office in VI. Na so I wait till about 3pm. Lol! One of the staff asked me if I issued cheque to anyone...I said, NO, this is only a Savings account. Eventually at about midnight yesterday, I had my account credited with the sum. And the description there on was : WRONG DEBIT!!!!!!! #byWhom #ForWhat? Although the first staff didn't reveal much to me, it was the O.Manager that did and apologised sincerely smiley

The summary of the scenario was that a certain fellow in Maitama, Abuja withdrew the said amount! And, the funny thing was that I didn't get any alert of transaction for this withdrawal! What would have happened if I never had an update of my remaining account balance off hands?? Was it an intentional act to debit some customers account? It's sad that this is happening to GTBank. Sad.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Carius(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
I don't understand why most female bankers in naija are unnecessarily disrespectful and saucy! angry

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by fm7070: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
I just realised that sometimes, Nigerian system does not appreciate sincerity.
By the time this matter gets to higher authority, then, the bank will know what they are in for
You just have to take drastic measure against them.
Do not settle for less when they come begging as a result of their stewpid mistake.
Claim your damages, these are what makes people Billionaires abroad.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by surveyProf(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hello OP,
Basically, from your write-up it seems there is a mishap some where, either frm the side of the GTB bank management or perhaps frm your own side of view, the questions will be:

When categorically did you open this your said savings account with GTB bank was it 2005? 2006? 2007 etc...

The GTB Bank management later told you the sum of 102,000 (One Hundred and Two Thousand naira only) was mistakely credited into your account and it was meant to be 10,200 (Ten Thousand Two Hundred Naira only) which is the original sum, meant to be credited, and that you have withdrawn the sum of 60,000=00 naira (Sixty Thousand naira) out via atm, of the said sum, the question would be, can you recall if anybody, paid in the sum of 10,200=00 naira into your account, sometimes someone owning you can choose to pay u frm any location in Nigeria, you can never tell..... It has happened to me, I never known/ even receive an alert to dat effect.

While is the bank refusing to print out your bank statement from the said date for you to see, perhaps make reference to it?

You said from the year 2007-2010 you stopped using the said GTB bank for some reasons best known to you, the question would be, did you notify the bank, reasons would be that, the bank might be having the intention that, perhaps the issue of loan, made you to stay away for that long period i.e 2007-2010.

Finally, this is your own view point, and in every case, there is always a two side to it.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=aysometin]
I just dey laff. I never travel b4 oo. one thing is very clear tho, integrity is held very high in d uk and even d faintest, slightest accusation of corruption receives so much attention. somethin like dis will never happen. im not sure ow d system there works but if there ever ws an incidence where an account ws wrongly credited, theres no way d person would have withdrawn n abandoned d acct. pls lets not support dishonesty in any guise. dats my point. he shld go public if his claims r true. if u like vex enter road trailer climb u I no dey. * hissing right back* mtchew. lol

GTB top employeee *hissssssssssss*

Have you guys heard of customer service, have you heard of customer conduct, have you heard of treating customers fairly and the popular one in Nigeria, the customer is always right? I can go on and on. How I wish it was here in the UK where you can approach the FSA (now FCA), this young man will be heavily compensated without needing the services of a Lawyer sef.
Even if and I repeat even if he spent the money, no employee of GTB bank (from top to bottom) has the right to treat him with such disrespect, besides it was their fault. I am so angry on the Op's behalf. Bloody rogues[/quote
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by lonamy: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
What are you guys still doing with GTBank. Don't you know that lots of 419 activities are going on inside? The guys inside know how to rub back to back to keep their jobs and not to expose themselves. They run things on customers account silently and live large as if they are more than who they are.

Go to other banks now, first bank expecially, erin lomo for life.

Great Theif Bank.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by UjSizzle(f): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
@OP...this is serious issue. First of all, the bank needs to stop calling this a loan cos it doesn't qualify as one.
Secondly, why exactly are they just realising that your account was over credited? How did the Teller manage to balance his books on the said date you deposited funds into the account?
I am also aware banks have internal control units as well as external auditors and all these while none of this was discovered?

If they keep insisting it's a loan and have been charging interest on it, then they should be ready to provide your loan file with the necessary documents and what rate of interest is being charged to the tune of over a hundred thousand.

Again, they have no business freezing your savings and domiciliary accounts, especially the latter. Every account of a customer is totally independent of the other. If they claim your savings a/c was over credited then it has no business with your other accounts within the bank.
This is one huge breach of your rights.

Your statement of a/c should contain both the amt paid and said date of withdrawal. Demand to see this coupled with the deposit slip.

While i can't say you can sue for damages since technically a bank's customer is it's current a/c holders not savings/fixed deposit, I'll advise you get a lawyer to write to the bank instead of doing it yourself.
I took the liberty of talking to one concerning this and he has promised to get back to me when he's less busy.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Daresh(f): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
madejibo: sir, I was so sure I didn't take any form of loan, have written CBN, house of reps, no response. I operated my account to tunes of millions cos between 2010 and 2012. If I was a runaway debtor will I operate an account there? I have applied for a job in the bank, will I do dat if I am a thief. Just a failed system

ol boy dont bother writing any letter so talking long gist. Get to someone to top, like their Regional Manager. The people you are talking to are small boys they cant do anything. If you still dont get a positive result, get a lawyer to contact them and you sue them to court. They will quick quick release your funds. No need for long tin. Im a GTb fan but I dont have time for rubbish.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by billante(m): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
But OP one question....how did d said 60k they said you withdrew now became 220k they say u are now owing them?

Are they now charging you interest on a mistake their teller did according to their story?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by madjune(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Which wise people still bank with GT bank? When Fola left and Tayo Aderinokun died, who do you think was left in charge? Reluctant leaders like GEJ.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by akpomeme(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
GTBANK is simply fraud. My money from erronous ATM transaction is still hanging. 20k!! CBN is just a sham, no strong measures in place to curb excesses of these banks. If I am in this man's shoes I will sue the bank for granting me unsolicited loan and not notifying me about it with an option to accept it or not! Thus I will make a case for delibrate act of defamation of character and diabolical distortion of fact which has gorssly tainted my upstanding in the society. Sue for a freaking damage. Someone needs to let these elite groups in Nigeria that we have had enough of their bullshit!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Has Anyone Used MANIX Capsules, Please Advice Me Please. / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.