Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan (25479 Views)

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by shos: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
I begin to doubt the integrity & competency of dat bank (GTB) for two mouth nw my money (20k) hang & their do nothing abt it. broda no bank in dis country all nay SCAMMER.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by ESULAALU: 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
lancaster: 1st you said they told you its LOAN you took. Then later its now an OVER-PAYMENT!
The balance is 49k, they stopped you from withrawing from the account, can't they just remove the 49k, how did it get and interest of 221k?
Bros I don't know how this workd but I don't see GTB acting the way you just made them look. Moreover,n you said some things transpired that you don't want to discuss! Hmmm
Make no mistake people,this is a GTB Staff.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by ESULAALU: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: pple supporting d person who posted dis thread r d reason y dis country is where it is, y corrupt activities r done openly, with so much impunity. cos dis is a classic case of a 419/dishonest nigerian. the true reason he stopped using d acct is not far fetched. u have conveniently 4gotten u ate money dat wasnt urs now u're here tryin 2whip up unnecessary sentiments and trust nigerians 2fall 4dat crap. did u say u were or r still a banker? better pay plus all d accrued interest. armed robber jati jati. ole!!

Modupe!!!! Well said, its not so hard to decipher who you are after all.
unhelpful woman.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by AroComputerCe(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
I think you should get a lawyer to prosecute your case.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by ESULAALU: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
sammoR: u know I'll truly like 2see this in d press n watch d facts unfold. I'll bet 100k dis op will hide eventually cos I can see exactly wat happened. loan turned to money paid in2 acct which he ate. apparently he's misrepresentin facts. pls go 2d press, I'm so so sure he will never. ole jati jati, I repeat!!

Sammor, you are a big fool.
I dont insult people on this site but I will insult you because on this occassion you deserve it.

I remember an incident in UBA where a member of staff was diverting funds to his accounts non stop. Within a space of weeks,he had acquired a top of the range car and was suddenly planning a superlative wedding!
This is someone who could not even manage to express himself via words,suddenly becoming bold and acquiring a totally different lifestyle.

Unluckily for him,it didnt take too long for the bubble to burst, his boss found out just before his superlative wedding. Now this guy defrauded the bank,customers and possibly colleagues to the tune of millions!!!

I can bet that Sammor you are one of such people and you will be sniffed out of your hole very soon. You sit down in that damn office of your doctoring figures and manipulating people's accounts. You provide the poorest customer service ever but you seem to forget the source of your income are the heavy charges you and your gluttonous bosses IMPOSE on people's account.

Say anymore thrash here and you will be damn sorry. If you are a GTB staff of which you most likely are,best to tell your rogue colleagues and thieving bosses there is indeed fire on the mountain.

4 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by surveyProf(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
otun oba:

Please do a mail to complaints@gtbank.com and copy resolution@gtbank.com stating everything you have said in your post and you will get a resolution within 2weeks at most.

You may say so many things about the Bank but one thing you cannot take away is that GTbank LISTENS.

This will definitely be resolved.

Regards,

They will never never reply, a friend sent mail since last year 2012 till-date, to one of those emails, no reply!!!
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by buJu234: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
because of these kind of stories plus the Cyprus bank wahala; i have decided to convert all my liquid cash in the bank to properties. infact i have started buying weather they are low cost in Agbara forest i dont care; atleast my money is intact and i can make profit in the future; if i use a good property firm and lawyer not Omonile ooo...

Am afraid of the banks now; i have reduced my accounts with ATM to maximum of 20,000 naira; every other transaction must b via passbook.

Nigerian Banks are like the Italia mafia companies.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Waow! It took me exactly twenty minutes to read through all the comments. First of all, GTbank is full of fraud, smells of fraud and sleeps in fraud. Sometimes three years ago, mt girlfriend recieved a debit alert of N200,000 from her account which was domiciled in Ilorin and she was presently in Lagos. About a month ago, she received alerts of ATM withdrawals to the tune of N140,000. When i worked briefly with the bank, there is no passing day that a customer wont come to complain of fraudulent cash withdrawals. How can a wrong credit of over N100,000 not detected the following day. I am a banker in operations and i know that at least three different officers in the bank calls over each tellers work. Is it that Gtb's internal control is so weak or incompetent? Dear Nairalander's it is only Logic to dump GTB until they fish out Insiders perpetration these frauds.!

3 Likes

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by UjSizzle(f): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
OP here's the deal. Like i said earlier, get a lawyer to write to the bank demanding that they unfreeze your account in at most 2 weeks or court action will follow.
Naturally they'll refuse, so you can take up court action against the bank suing for damages from injuries as a result of having your accounts frozen. The court will mandate the bank to unfreeze your account, and demand that they appear in court. As expected you'll have to go with your documentary evidence, i.e. The statement of account.
If your money in said account is a million naira and below, go to a magistrate court(it's faster). If it's above, a high court.

Hope you find this helpful. If you have further questions, you can send me a mail.

P.S. I'm working on the assumption that all these is true.

1 Like

Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Xavier1976(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
I don't see any big deal here, just request for your bank statement of account covering that period and reconcile except you know within your self the bank is right in their accusation. Coming to Nairaland to complain is merely looking for empathy which wont resolve your case. On a finally note; as Common law dictates - He who must seek equity must come with clean hands !
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by MrGlobe(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
modupe. why am I not surprised. Yoruba people are very unprofessional. Always bringing their bad manners into their profession.
@Op, I pity you sha. You didn't create a scene and disrupt all activities in the bank?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sonety2k(m): 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
cool
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by hardbody: 3:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
coldgate: Oga, get a Lawyer. Even if you had taken a loan, there are procedures to be followed. No one expects you to pay without documets evidencing your debt. Naija Banks are funny sha.

Before your lawyer writes to them, throw in a cheque which they will very probably bounce, that will form part of the damages you will asking for when you get to court
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by cold(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
In all honesty GTB has gone from one of the most trusted and reliable banks in Nigeria to one one of the most fraudulent if the not the most fraudulent.Hardly a day goes by someone doesn't make a complaint on Facebook,Twitter,Nairaland or some other social site.It's pathetic..really
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by superstar1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
we naijas and mouth. Instead of making mouth and wasting your energy on internet page, just get a lawyer and sue if the claim is genuine and not to smear the image of the bank.

if the case is genuine, you are as good as made. kindly head to the nearest court, if you are sure you are not doctoring your part of the narration.

I wont judge yet because i do not have the total picture of what actually transpired.

You can also contact CBN. If the claim is genuine, they will fight for your refund. Also contact Consumer Protection Council. In doing this bro, be sure of your facts, cos it can boomerang if your side of the story has been doctored. f not, all the best bro, nut look before you leap and have all your facts and figures. if a branch wont print your statement, enter into the next and get it printed. its that easy. I just have a feeling, we are not getting the total picture of what actually transpired. If i may ask, have you made any effort to go to the branch and speak to a more senior person and get concrete explanation instead of talking to this mirage modupe. just asking?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by MrGlobe(m): 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Please what is the best safe bank in Nigeria with minimum charges, I want to move my money from gtb. I see fraudsters, yahoo boys have taken overr the bank. The other day i got a mail from their email and website (cloned I think) saying I should upgrade. I laughed it off. Advice pls.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Mavor: 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
cold: In all honesty GTB has gone from one of the most trusted and reliable banks in Nigeria to one one of the most fraudulent if the not the most fraudulent.Hardly a day goes by someone doesn't make a complaint on Facebook,Twitter,Nairaland or some other social site.It's pathetic..really
I tire ooo. I used to have a high regard for GTB and the old Oceanic. Turns out they are just an avenue for swindlers, ex-yahoo boys and money traffickers to do their thing.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Op's,
I think what happened here was that,ure current account was wrongly credited by a teller,and u had withdrawn d money before they could do a reversal of d transaction,anyway d reversal was done,and this made ur acct to be overdrawn,and wen an acct is in debit it accrues interest,d interest till date is d amount u are asked to pay.and note that because of dat initial withdrawal ure account must have been watched closely.
And also dis idea of d customer is always right is so not ok,dats y wen customer's come to d bank,they hadly want to hear what u are telling dem and get d whole tin mixed up abi wen una go hospital una they argue with una doctor.

Anyway am talkin as an ex-staff and I know how annoying average customers cld be,u hardly hear a word from d very big boys.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by infogenius(m): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
cold: In all honesty GTB has gone from one of the most trusted and reliable banks in Nigeria to one one of the most fraudulent if the not the most fraudulent.Hardly a day goes by someone doesn't make a complaint on Facebook,Twitter,Nairaland or some other social site.It's pathetic..really

My brother it is not GTB, but the hungry and rude staff that are employed to run their affairs.I wonder what is been taught to them in their trainings.Anyway,it is the bad eggs among them that are spoiling the name of the bank.I love GTB and I have made a lot of friends with their staff in the branch I use,but I no longer feel my cash is safe anymore.

The whole problem boils down to problems inherent in the society "CORRUPTION" where those that are not qualified to handle our monies are employed because of knowing somebody somewhere.
How will someone that did not read banking and finance and any other of its related course but read engr or somth and got banking work thru wan oga somewhere not be uneasy if he handles big money.My friend it takes the grace of God if such pple do not mastermind a big take away.
The thirst for instant wealth is the order of the day.Do you know how hungry one can be if he handles Millions of Naira everyday that are not his.These days my broda longa throat go enter that is why we read things like this everyday.

The banking sector needs to sanitized that is if the sanitizer is not part of the whole lot.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
stagger: OP,

I am highly surprised that you are here talking about this when GTB has presented you with a glorious opportunity to become a multi-millionaire through payment of restitutory damages.

GO AND GET A CORPORATE LAWYER AND TAKE THESE MOFOS TO COURT!
God dey bless person how u want make em do na. See hammer!!!!! Bros if dem leave u u go push train start o,ur mumu don turn to puss.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by abhosts(m): 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
This Nairaland is so good at Tarnishing the Image of Businesses and I truly believe that one day the chickens would finally come home to roast.

Before the end of today google would have crawled this site and thousands of Searches about GTbank would start yielding results about this negative thread that portrays the bank as being fraudulent towards its customers.

What if the OP was not completely forthright about his ordeal? Was any call placed to the Branch to hear the bank's account of the story?
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sheriffman(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2013
Recently I ve been reading these kind of news concerning GTB,our dear bank and I am not comfortable at all.I hope they will do something in house about their staff conduct and customer relations.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
Esuulaalu abi na wetin b ur name, eyaaaah! D uba guy snatch ur gf ni. Kai sorry fa. Lol. Frustration n joblessness is written all over u. If u dey Aluu na u 4first carry stick. Nigerians n how we look for pple 2poor frustrations on. Abeg no go hug transformer oo cos of beaf. Of course there r fraudsters in banks. Everyone knows but lets discourage dishonesty o.k. D beginnin if dis matter is d ops withdrawin money dat wasnt his. Y is no one talkin abt that? Abegi!!! Like I said if he truely has a case he shld go public. And i doubt that he will. Esuu laarin ilu, esuulaalu!!! Lol. Sorry oo bros!!quote author=ESULAALU]

Sammor, you are a big fool.
I dont insult people on this site but I will insult you because on this occassion you deserve it.

I remember an incident in UBA where a member of staff was diverting funds to his accounts non stop. Within a space of weeks,he had acquired a top of the range car and was suddenly planning a superlative wedding!
This is someone who could not even manage to express himself via words,suddenly becoming bold and acquiring a totally different lifestyle.

Unluckily for him,it didnt take too long for the bubble to burst, his boss found out just before his superlative wedding. Now this guy defrauded the bank,customers and possibly colleagues to the tune of millions!!!

I can bet that Sammor you are one of such people and you will be sniffed out of your hole very soon. You sit down in that damn office of your doctoring figures and manipulating people's accounts. You provide the poorest customer service ever but you seem to forget the source of your income are the heavy charges you and your gluttonous bosses IMPOSE on people's account.

Say anymore thrash here and you will be damn sorry. If you are a GTB staff of which you most likely are,best to tell your rogue colleagues and thieving bosses there is indeed fire on the mountain.
[/quote]
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
abhosts: This Nairaland is so good at Tarnishing the Image of Businesses and I truly believe that one day the chickens would finally come home to roast.

Before the end of today google would have crawled this site and thousands of Searches about GTbank would start yielding results about this negative thread that portrays the bank as being fraudulent towards its customers.

What if the OP was not completely forthright about his ordeal? Was any call placed to the Branch to hear the bank's account of the story?
mr man I can vouch for the op, this same complaint is on his facebook page, by the way I also have beaf with the bank,a transaction went wrong and we are still trying to get our funds back. Gtbanks customer services are awful.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sammoR: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ op o.k lemme apologise 4using those words. Ws extreme. Really. If u do have a case truely, maybe u could write a mail to the complaints unit again or go back to d branch n request 2speak with d manager. I know gtb 2listen. D case should b resolved or u go 2d press n see a lawyer as adviced. But really if u withdrew money dat wasnt urs n maybe 4got or somfin just pay down n move on or try 2negotiate. Wish u luck.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
@infogenius-ive worked in a couple of banks and GTBank has d fairest method of employment,if u don't pass d test no matter who u know,u are not getting d job,so most of d staffs u c there are intelligent ppl and there are different level of staff also with d best checks put in place,nothing can be doctored in GTB and d system got so rigid just before I left.
And I must say,since d op's said he has reported to several ppl,I don't tink everybody can be wrong,atlist one person would have responded,so there is more to the story dan he is telling us.
Also most account officer's in d lagos region don't joke with their customer's because they don't know who is who.u don't know who can report u to any oga @ top.am no longer in d system,I wld have found out abt dis transaction and told d house exactly wat happened.
Cheers
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by sweetnigga(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ecobank has done similar thing to me. I went to withdraw from my dad's a/c after presenting a doctor's report that states my dad's present condition, after their normal proceedure and verification they gave me withdrawal slip but when i told them i would like to know the a/c balance the story now changed to 'your father has an insufficient amount that can not be withdrawn'. FROM GEJ TO D LAST MAN IN NIGERIA IS FRAUD.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by infogenius(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
hotD: @infogenius-ive worked in a couple of banks and GTBank has d fairest method of employment,if u don't pass d test no matter who u know,u are not getting d job,so most of d staffs u c there are intelligent ppl and there are different level of staff also with d best checks put in place,nothing can be doctored in GTB and d system got so rigid just before I left.
And I must say,since d op's said he has reported to several ppl,I don't tink everybody can be wrong,atlist one person would have responded,so there is more to the story dan he is telling us.
Also most account officer's in d lagos region don't joke with their customer's because they don't know who is who.u don't know who can report u to any oga @ top.am no longer in d system,I wld have found out abt dis transaction and told d house exactly wat happened.
Cheers
Thanks for the enlightenment,I will not disagree with you but I strongly believe that a staff that was to handle an international transfer for me in 2007 that did not know the meaning of IBAN was not supposed to be a staff in that bank.A customer had to tell her the meaning of IBAN after which one of her supervisors had to apologize to me when I started showing my displeasure with the way she was wasting my time and thereafter took her away for a chat I suppose.
Again I love GTB as a bank but some individuals in there needs to checked if need be.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
@sweet nigga-no banker would give u ur father's balance wen ure not a signatory to d account.
Op's,
I think what happened here was that,ure current account was wrongly credited by a teller,and u had withdrawn d money before they could do a reversal of d transaction,anyway d reversal was done,and this made ur acct to be overdrawn,and wen an acct is in debit it accrues interest,d interest till date is d amount u are asked to pay.and note that because of dat initial withdrawal ure account must have been watched closely.
And also dis idea of d customer is always right is so not ok,dats y wen customer's come to d bank,they hadly want to hear what u are telling dem and get d whole tin mixed up abi wen una go hospital una they argue with una doctor.

Anyway am talkin as an ex-staff and I know how annoying average customers cld be,u hardly hear a word from d very big boys.
Dats exactly wat happened OP.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
gen2briz:

carry those puppies go GTB
U CAN BE ASSURED THAT MODUPE AND YAKUBU WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF THEM wink
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
Carius: I don't understand why most female bankers in naija are unnecessarily disrespectful and saucy! angry
because they are being bleeped by their managers to keep their job.
Re: GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan by maj007(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ op I am quite surprised u r an ex-banker and yet u don't know how to go about this.

One thing is sure, if u are not owing the bank "IN ANY WAY" you will have your money back.

First, request for the statement of your account from a branch of the bank where u have not been tagged "troublemaker".

Second, review the statement thoroughly and identity any strange inflow and outflow. If u can't, give it to someone else who can.

Third, if after that u are still convinced that your claim is valid, write officially to the bank explaining your case explicitly. Get the letter delivered to your branch and get it acknowledged in hard copy. If after 7 days u still hear nothing from them, write a reminder and make it know that if reversal is not made within 7 days u will seek legal redress. Get that one to acknowledged in hard copy.

Fourth, if nothing on the expiration of the ultimatum, get a lawyer. Explain to him and show him all the documents at your disposal.

It may take time bt u wll surely get justice.

Shikenna.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Has Anyone Used MANIX Capsules, Please Advice Me Please. / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.