Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,799 members, 7,855,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (26074 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
manny4life:

Did u say Nigerian name? Which name? Am I dreaming or what?
Never mind. what do you expect? it's ndi ofe.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
kettykin: [size=20pt]Nobel prize is full of intellectual fraud [/size]

THE NOBEL FOUNDATION ADMITS BIG BANG ERROR – SORT OF!THE NEWS OF THE UNIVERSE »

http://dreamheron./2011/10/12/the-2011-physics-nobel-prize-total-science-sham/

Continue displaying your st.upid.ity, using a blog from wordpress to prove a point.....stop being a nim.comp.oop

manny4life:

Did u say Nigerian name? Which name? Am I dreaming or what?

Read correct news and stop limiting yurself to news from yur ndigbo brainwashing info.....yur brothers have tarnished nigerian image in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, USA. Is a shame
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 11:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
What has any Igbo done or achieved? am still waiting for your answers igbos (indian hemps) grin grin grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 11:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
caustical:

Continue displaying your st.upid.ity, using a blog from wordpress to prove a point.....stop being a nim.comp.oop

Read correct news and stop limiting yurself to news from yur ndigbo brainwashing info.....yur brothers have tarnished nigerian image in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, USA. Is a shame

Yes, just like you did not mention London/UK ad other countries... Abeg leave matter jor.

Yorubas are just as guilty to the core as Igbos and other tribes, quit it.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
caustical: What has any Igbo done or achieved? am still waiting for your answers igbos (indian hemps) grin grin grin

Lol, is this supposedly a real question? Even Igbo in governance in Nigeria has achieved a whole lot, so your answers will depend on specifics of your question.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
@dayokanu and co, pulitzer, orange, german book trade, booker, nobel, fischer,etc are numerous awards that has categories in literature. Check this awards and see if it's only yoruba names that are mentioned there. You are an ethnic worm eating up nairaland. Achebe's legacy transcends awards, even award winners e.g mandela, gordimer, soyinka, adichie, ngugi, etc pay homage to achebe. You know why? Because he gave africa a strong literary voice when there was none. Go and hug a suicide bomber.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by kettykin: 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
[size=20pt]Look, who’s lobbying for the Nobel Peace Prize![/size]
http://churumuri./2008/10/17/look-whos-lobbying-for-the-nobel-peace-prize/

In his first week at the University, Guha speaks at the Nobel Peace Institute where he points out the glaring discrepancy of The Prize not being awarded to the apostle of peace, Mahatma Gandhi:
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2013
kettykin:

If Obama could win the peace prize less than 6months of coming into power, then I dare say the gods must be crazy.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 12:01am On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu:

So Dele Olojede "accidentally" won the Pulitzer again. When would your own people start winning accidentally

Or capitalize on something even if its Biafra genocide, erosion in Biafra, Kidnapping in Biafra, Drug Pushing by Biafrans anything to win those prizes?
*yawwwn* Get back to me when any onye represents Nigeria on this list. Its the assembly of Literary icons.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Booker_International_Prize
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 12:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:

*yawwwn* Get back to me when any onye represents Nigeria on this list. Its the assembly of Literary icons.

So now we are at the level of Booker T prizes?

What next Man - Dingo prize anyone?

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by kettykin: 12:05am On Apr 09, 2013
caustical:

If quoting a blog from word press seems stupid to you how would rate some buffoons coming to a blog site to discredit the works of a man whose work is among the first 50 most widely read book a feat no other African dead or alive has equaled
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 12:05am On Apr 09, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, is this supposedly a real question? Even Igbo in governance in Nigeria has achieved a whole lot, so your answers will depend on specifics of your question.

Please say one
Son-Of-El:
@dayokanu and co, pulitzer, orange, german book trade, booker, nobel, fischer,etc are numerous awards that has categories in literature. Check this awards and see if it's only yoruba names that are mentioned there. You are an ethnic worm eating up nairaland. Achebe's legacy transcends awards, even award winners e.g mandela, gordimer, soyinka, adichie, ngugi, etc pay homage to achebe. You know why? Because he gave africa a strong literary voice when there was none. Go and hug a suicide bomber.
U are told that Dele Olejede was the first nigerian to win pulitzer but i know hatred won't allow U to see that......tell me one Igbo that has won any of the award
kettykin:

I keep telling U to stop quoting wordpress...common develop brain nah
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by aljharem(m): 12:05am On Apr 09, 2013
You see, you all cannot counter my points other than insults and tribalistic slurs

One_Naira:

una see why this man irks me so much, if i ever meet him, I'll probably shoot him after I've stomped his head in and take whatever jail time they give me. honestly there is some people that are a waste and this nigg@ is one of them

1.) Achebe was given that name by not igbos, not Nigerians but in fact outside of the shore he came from and till date been recited by other Africans. A mhuge Fact. now go shove your head in a crate of snakes

2.) and who are this nigerians that's criticize him? hmm lets see bigots like are YOU and other yorubas. unknown trying to make a name for themselves like omatseye that's very yorubanized and who else oh year that one bello we've never heard about till today. now compare that to soyinka, okri, heck even most politicians we no like don praise the man. I don't even know why this people, anything they.don't like something they start shouting "majority of Nigeria" like as if their opinion immediately translates as every ones opinion. my guy sit your chamelon @ss down. don't even try on the comparison on how much he's condemned compared to how much he's praised before or even after his death. me and you know who will lose if we all start trolling this forum with praise against critcism.

3.) so is this man trying to tell us the entire world are uneducated including most nation journalist, writers and especially African writers including the one you are comparing Achebe to really? even went as far to call them ungod fearing?even mendela? see your stupd1ty you no dey shame.

4 and 5.) monkey telling people how someone benefitted them or not. na u be master to preach, taking aspirin for everyone abi? even going to the point of talkig about sh1t he's clueless on.better go and read about his african series work. abeg sit your chamelon, monkey looking, bigotted @ss down. its not a must you have to jump on every thread jumping around like an illiterate on crack. when people are conversing and you have nothing tangible to add, be like the rest of us and STFU. don't make yourself look like a damn fool. Ewu

Lie number 1 : Just like many icons in history which have been over-emphasised by their race, ethnicity and culture, likes of Ojukwu, Gadaffi, Bush are no different from Achebe rise to "unglorious glory" by his people aka Nigerians/Blacks. I liked Achebe and no matter what I say, those that would respect him would still do so.

Lie number 2 : Criticism would always come from those he defamed in his last book. Whether you like it or not Achebe's name would some disappear as he had no record set neither did he do anything worth emulating or remembering that likes of other non-bigoted writers don't have.

Foreign Journalism : All they did is pay respect to a man like Micheal Jackson who would rather associate with other countries than his fellow people. Question why was Achebe in America not Africa ? Do you think likes of Mandela would be respect by blacks if he ran to UK rather than stay in SA ?

Lastly, again what is the point of all the respect and "adoration" if he cannot use his power and influence to help those with no voice.

Look in as much Emeaguali is a fraud, I would always respect him more than Achebe. Take it or leave it and anyone that know the history and life style of the 2 would do the same.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 12:06am On Apr 09, 2013
@caustical, we don't need to mention names. Your brain must have been phased out if you don't know any. But to help your fagged out brain a bit, start with equiano and jaja of opobo, study their legacies and submit your assignment on NL.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Son-Of-El:

[size=18pt]Show us your Nobel prize[/size] or

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE7xkG3awrSCEw6PUnVhnnBYQwqDBytC5rftjYMxrrcKSuYYBfZg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 12:07am On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Man booker award shocked is that an award for goats and gorillas?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Apr 09, 2013
caustical:

Please say one

Did you read my post, I said answers will depend on the type of questions. Starting from this current administration in governance, pick a field with Igbos, and I will break it down for you.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by kettykin: 12:09am On Apr 09, 2013
manny4life:

If Obama could win the peace prize less than 6months of coming into power, then I dare say the gods must be crazy.

The problem is that people who really worked for peace like Mahatma Ghandi the apostle of peace were not given the prize leaving people wondering the Gross Criteria used in selecting whom to give and not give and the Glaring discrepancy of leaving off the most qualified candidates
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 12:09am On Apr 09, 2013
I dare say ndi ofe media did a nice job of hoodwinking Nigerians into thinking the Nobel prize the ultimate and only prize for literature. An award that has no financial or credibility value.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2013
@Dayokanu......don't mind the igbos (indian hemps) they are losers that are looking for people to bring down with them

U know they are lost tribe as they claim.......
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 12:13am On Apr 09, 2013
manny4life:

Did you read my post, I said answers will depend on the type of questions. Starting from this current administration in governance, pick a field with Igbos, and I will break it down for you.

Anyone at all, am in all ears.........I will give U 10 by yoruba if U give me one by Igbo
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu:

So now we are at the level of Booker T prizes?

What next Man - Dingo prize anyone?

Who and when was Nobel awarded best literary prize? Show me official links incase me missed the memo
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu:

[size=18pt]Show us your Nobel prize[/size] or

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE7xkG3awrSCEw6PUnVhnnBYQwqDBytC5rftjYMxrrcKSuYYBfZg[/img]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by kettykin: 12:14am On Apr 09, 2013
[size=20pt]The Nobel Fraud is all politics the Western world has used to hoodwink the uninitiated[/size]

The granting of the Nobel “peace prize” to president Barack Obama has become an integral part of the Pentagon’s propaganda machine It provides a human face to the invaders, it upholds the demonization of those who oppose US military intervention.

The decision to grant Obama the Nobel Peace Prize was no doubt carefully negotiated with the Norwegian Committee at the highest levels of the US government It has far reaching implications.

It unequivocally upholds the US led war as a “Just Cause”. It erases the war crimes committed both by the Bush and Obama administrations.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-and-the-nobel-prize-when-war-becomes-peace-when-the-lie-becomes-the-truth/15622
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:
I dare say ndi ofe media did a nice job of hoodwinking Nigerians into thinking the Nobel prize the ultimate and only prize for literature. An award that has no financial or credibility value.

[img]http://www.burningshadow.dk/Galleries/Facepalm/Facepalm3.jpg[/img]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by MrGlobe(m): 12:16am On Apr 09, 2013
caustical:

Anyone at all, am in all ears.........I will give U 10 by yoruba if U give me one by Igbo
Don't worry, I will give you 1 onye ofe. Just help me complete the 9. Lets go: Tafa Balogun
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2013
@dayokanu, Show us your Man Booker prize.......
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Freewilly(f): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2013
Bad belle........ Yoruba.

Credit card frud.......Yoruba.

Medicare frud........Yoruba.

Medicaid frud........Yoruba.

Insurance frud.......Yoruba.

Mortgage frude........Yoruba.

Drug trafficking .....Yoruba.

419 on Dateline NBC 2 years ago.....Yoruba.

I'm sick and tired of these people, and we all supposed to be all Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 12:18am On Apr 09, 2013
caustical:

Well, starting with Madam Okonjo in GEJ's administration, the woman has achieved more than a whole lot compared to her peers.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by kettykin: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2013
[size=25pt]Nobel Prize for Literature rejected by some authors , A must read !!!![/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize_controversies

Two laureates voluntarily declined the Nobel Prize. Jean Paul Sartre declined the 1964 prize for Literature, stating, "A writer must refuse to allow himself to be transformed into an institution, even if it takes place in the most honourable form."[180][181] The second person who refused the prize is Lê Đức Thọ, who was awarded the 1973 Peace Prize for his role in the Paris Peace Accords. He declined, claiming there was no actual peace in Vietnam.[180]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by caustical: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2013
Son-Of-El:
@caustical, we don't need to mention names. Your brain must have been phased out if you don't know any. But to help your fagged out brain a bit, start with equiano and jaja of opobo, study their legacies and submit your assignment on NL.

I can see how desperate U are......Equaino in the 18th century......a man that didn't know where he came from. waiting for U to claim micheal jordon lineage was from aba grin

Jaja of Opobo shocked is Opobo now an iboland?
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by manny4life(m): 12:20am On Apr 09, 2013
kettykin:

The problem is that people who really worked for peace like Mahatma Ghandi the apostle of peace were not given the prize leaving people wondering the Gross Criteria used in selecting whom to give and not give and the Glaring discrepancy of leaving off the most qualified candidates

That's the problem, even Obama himself laughed and joked about the award that he never took it serious. He asked them what he has achieved to get such a prize.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Burial Of Adegboyega Adebayo Killed In Rivers During Rerun Election / Senate Celebrates Saraki's 56th Birthday / May 29 Committee: Tinubu Inherited Igbo Hatred From Buhari – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.